At All Cost

Von HollyHanson5

***This book ties in with 'The Mafia Princess'... this can be read as a stand alone, but some of the characte... Mehr

1- Intro
2- Dylan
3- On the run
4- La Conner's
5- The plan
6- You stink
7- The wager
8- The none date
9- Fly Fishing 🎣
11- The Rynes family
12- A quick visit
13- The kiss
14- Hurt
15- The police station
16- The airport
17- Aaron's house
18- Heading to Vegas
19- Jackass
20- The cabin
21- Opening up
22- I promise you
23- Are you sure?
24- You are my sunshine
25- I love you
26- Face to face
27- Memory lane
28- John
29- Red
30- The Warehouse
31- A bigger one
32- Death
33- Goodbye
34- The end
**Update**

10- Doctor

1.7K 95 17
Von HollyHanson5

Natalie's P.O.V.

After I slammed the door, I felt horrible. I'm such a bitch. Dylan has been nothing but nice to me and he tries so damn hard to make me feel welcomed but I treat him like shit. What the hell is wrong with me?

"Cody, bathtub now."

He jumped in the tub. I was soaking wet, I stripped down, throwing my clothes in the sink and wrapped a towel around my head and another one around my body. I was shaking uncontrollably because I was so cold.

I draped a towel over Cody, drying him off as best as I could. I plugged in my hair dryer, "Come here boy." He jumped out and sat next to me. I started drying his long hair as he nuzzled into me. "Does that feel good big guy?"

After he was dry, I dried my hair and then put a pair of sweats and a sweatshirt on. I crawled into bed, as Cody snuggled into me.

"Do you think I was too rough on Dylan?" He turned his head to the side, looking at me puzzled. "Yeah, I know! God, I'm such a bitch. I feel bad and I don't know why. I don't want anyone close but I can't help it with him."

I groaned, looking up at the ceiling. I closed my eyes, it didn't matter anyways because I highly doubt he will ever talk to me again.

******
Dylan's P.O.V.

It rained all day yesterday. I watched Natalie's house most of the day but only saw her twice when she let Cody out and then went right back inside.

Today she was scheduled to work, so I was heading over there to drop off Henry's fly fishing stuff. I already planned to ignore her unless she talked to me, which I wasn't planning on.

Heading in, I quickly looked around... but she wasn't here.

"Dylan, how are you?" Henry asked.

"Good, I came to return your things. Thank you for letting me borrow all this."

"Did you catch anything?"

"We did-"

"Relax son, she isn't here if she's what you keep looking for."

"Where is she?"

"She called in, she isn't feeling very well today. She has a terrible head cold and sounded horrible on the phone."

"Really? Okay, thanks again Henry."

He started laughing as he waved goodbye.

Well that's just great, I got the girl sick. I headed to the pharmacy and picked up a few things to hopefully help make her feel better and then stopped off at the diner and picked up a few sandwiches and a few cups of soup.

I drove to her house, knocking on the door I heard Cody run to the door but didn't bark.

The door opened, "Dylan?"

"Hey. Henry said you weren't feeling good and I started feeling bad, I feel like it's my fault you got sick."

"Dylan, I'm fine. I have a head cold and I'm sure I'll be better tomorrow."

"I brought you some stuff." I said, holding up the bags I brought her. "Can I come in?"

"I don't want to get you sick."

"I'll take some extra vitamins when I get home."

She opened the door and motioned for me to come in. God she was beautiful, even when sick. Her hair was pulled up in a messy bun, she had baggy sweats with a blanket wrapped tightly around her body.

I placed the bags on her coffee table. We both sat down on the couch, while Cody wiggled in between us, laying his head down on my lap."Hey Cody, are you taking care of her too?"

"He's been keeping me warm, I'm so freaking cold."

"Seriously? It's very warm in here, I feel like I'm at my grandparents house." I leaned forward, placing my hand on her forehead. "Yeah, you have a fever, luckily I brought stuff to help."

"You didn't need to do this."

"I know, but I wanted to." Going into one bag I pulled out some medicine. "Some ibuprofen and Tylenol, some Robitussin because the lady said this was good for head colds, vicks vapor rub and some kleenex. I wasn't sure if you ate anything and I was starving so I picked up some soup and sandwiches for us. I'll eat with you and then I'll leave you alone. Deal?"

She just stared at me.

"What?" I questioned.

"Why are you doing this for me?"

"Because you're sick?"

"I know, but... I haven't been the nicest person to you. I'm actually glad you're here, I want to apologize about the night we went fly fishing. I was grumpy for other reasons and I took it out on you. I actually had a really good time. Oh and thank you for all of this, this is actually one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me."

"You're welcome. Here, the soup is still warm." I handed her the cup of soup.

"Are you thirsty? I can get you something."

"Water, please."

"I'll be right back." I got up and headed for her kitchen. When I got back, she was opening up the medicine, I handed her the water so she could swallow the pills.

"Thank you, I hope these work because the stuff I took last night didn't work at all."

We continued to eat in silence.

"That was really good, I know I've already said this but thank you, Dylan."

"It's no problem, you probably wouldn't have gotten sick if I didn't haul you out fly fishing in the first place."

"Don't beat yourself up about it. Like I said, I had fun."

She laid her head down on the back of the couch, her eyes drifting to sleep.

She had a few hairs fall across her face, I gently took my hands brushing her hair out of her face. "Good night, Red."

*****
The next morning I felt something stirring beside me. Opening my eyes I realized I was still at Natalie's house and laying beside me was Cody.

"Hey, I didn't wake you did I?" She asked, coming out from the kitchen with two cups of coffee in hand.

"No, I'm sorry I didn't mean to stay last night-"

"It's okay, I don't mind. Here." She handed me one of the coffees.

She walked back over to her door, one that I just noticed was rigged with some kind of alarm system and let Cody out. Moments later she let him back in.

"You look like you're feeling a little better?"

She sat back down on the couch, "I woke up around seven, took more meds and then took a shower. I still feel yucky but not as bad, now coffee and I should be better in no time."

"I smell Vicks."

"I forgot to put some on last night before I fell asleep so after my shower I put some on my chest, I love the smell of Vicks by the way."

I started laughing, "Actually, I don't mind it. Your perfume or whatever you put on smells way better though."

She chuckled, shaking her head at me. "I thought I told you to stop smelling me."

"I think you know by now, I don't really listen."

She laughed harder making her cough.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." She gave me a small smirk as her eyes studied mine. I could tell she was thinking about something and I wished I had the power to read her mind right now.

I cleared my throat, "I also want to apologize for what I said the other night, I don't know your story and I never should have said what I did."

"Dylan, it's fine. I overreacted a little bit, plus you made up for it last night. I really do appreciate all of this, it's been a while since someone took care of me. I just hope you don't get sick now."

"Nah, I'm not too worried. Plus I know you would take care of me too."

Her smile widened, "Maybe... I think you'd be kind of a whiny patient."

"Mean!" I grabbed her side, tickling her slightly.

She squealed, leaning into me. I tickled her more because I loved having her close to me.

We were now inches away from each other's face, "I didn't know you were so ticklish." I whispered.

I really wished I could read her mind.

She moved back. Picking her coffee back up she took a drink.

I cleared my throat as I got up, "I suppose I should get going. I have a job to do. I'll see you later, get some rest, Red."

"Bye Dylan."

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

18.2M 482K 41
After being involved with a cold-hearted mafia boss, Robyn Lehman decides its time to run. Little did she know, she was carrying the future heir to h...
2M 68.6K 39
**PREVIOUSLY TITLED MINIERA** THIS BOOK IS BEING EDITED HERE AND THERE. THIS WAS COMPLETED AROUND 3 YEARS AGO. Xo **THIS IS THE FIRST BOOK IN A STAND...
427K 8.4K 37
Book #2 (Tainted Scars Series) "Where am I? Who the hell are you?" He stared at me from across the room, "knowing my name is useless and dangerous."...
51.1K 1.7K 43
[complete] Running away from her husband five years ago because he forced her to do unspeakable things with a "partner" of his. One day while she was...