Fated to say, "Goodbye"

By Wan_ie

Two young men. From a similar world but two different situations. They were fated. Fated to meet. Fated to fi... More

CHARACTERS
Ch I
Ch II
Ch IV
Ch V
Ch VI
ANNOUNCEMENT
ESTHER SERIES: 2
Ch VII
ch VIII
Come Back Please
ch IX
ch X
ch XI
ch XII

Ch III

571 51 16
By Wan_ie

Unedited chapter. Sorry for the typos and all the other mistakes na.

- Wan

__________________________________________

Techno and Lhong were both planning something to help their friends. The two had investigated their friend's crush like the detectives. And were ready to commence their plan any moment now.

Techno was standing in line at the food stall near the uni. He was thinking of a perfect time that would not seem weird. His tern was still to come so he rather swayed his eyes around, looking for a seat. And his eyes landed upon someone interesting. "Isn't that Mew's best friend?" Techno asked himself. Lhong was sitting alone on a table, playing with his phone with a cup of coffee on the table. Techno rushed his order as he did not want to miss this chance.

All the tables are full! Just in my favor! Techno thought. He walked to where Lhong was sitting. "Umm... can I sit here?" Techno asked. Lhong turned to look at him. "Yeah sure, I could always have some company," Lhong said with a smile. If it was someone else, Lhong would have refused. But it was Gulf Damon's best friend standing right in front of him. How could he let go of this opportunity to make friends with him?

Techno sat in front of Lhong. "I'm Techno. Faculty of Commerce," Techno started the introduction. Lhong beamed another handsome smile, "Lhong from the Faculty of Music." Techno was not sure what to talk about with Lhong. He was still thinking of some topic when he felt someone's presence behind him. Techno turned his head to be greeted by Mew's confused face which was still smiling at him. Mew sure was the best gentleman in the university. He had the aura, the face, the background, and of course, the demeanors.

Mew diverted his gaze to his ridiculously smiling best friend. "Why is there someone else with you!?" Mew asked with his glaring eyes. Mew was an introverted person who never liked the company of anybody other than Lhong, and of course, Turbo. Well, he did not have a choice about Turb, though. And right now, Mew did not understand why Lhong let someone sit with him when Mew had clearly told him that he will be there in five minutes. Lhong smiled back at him cockily. Lhong took his phone and messaged Mew, "He's Gulf's bestie. It's a part of my plan. Don't mess it up." Mew sighed and sat beside Lhong.

"Hello, I'm Mew Astor. Nice to meet you," Mew beamed his handsome smile. This was the smile that captured hearts on such a regular basis. Just one smile and hundreds would lose their hearts at its genuineness and charm. Techno smiled back, "Nice to meet you too. I'm Techno Suttinut." Mew was getting awkward as he never really talked with someone other than Lhong for this long. But he had to do this if he wanted to court Gulf. Lhong caught the pleading look in Mew's eyes. They were getting uncomfortable and were asking for some alone time.

Lhong sighed as he checked the time, "It was nice meeting you, Techno. But now we have a class now." Techno smiled, "Not a problem, I have somewhere to go, too." Mew sighed internally in relaxation. He could finally have some time to just himself. Their classes were over for the day, but Lhong made the excuse so that Mew doesn't throw a fit right there right now. Lhong stood up and gathered his belongings. Then he paused and faced Techno who was waiting for them to leave first. "Let's swap numbers. We can hang out together some time. And yeah, bring your friends too. The more, the merrier," Lhong said with his arm extended to Techno with his phone. Techno smiled wide and exchanged numbers with him, "See you soon na."

***MEW'S CONDO***

Lhong jumped on the comfortable couch the moment he entered. He did not even bother to take off his shoes. Mew made a grumpy face and sat on Lhong who was lying on his stomach.

"The fuck, Astor?!" Lhong yelled as the heavy man dropped all his body weight on him. Mew glared at the man under him who was acting like he just died. Mew gritted his teeth, "Why the fuck didn't you tell me that there was someone with you, eh?" Lhong said in a huffed voice, "It wasn't planned, it just happened! And this is not how you should treat someone who is helping you get your crush!" Mew got up and asked Lhong to scoot over so they could both sit there.

"It will be easier to get close to Gulf if you get close with Techno," Lhong paused to sigh. He continued, "Just like you, even that little crush of yours only has one friend for years. You're both so alike, are you sure he wasn't your unidentical twin who got lost years ago?" Mew smacked his head, "Your brain sure is shitty!" And the two friends were in for a sudden wrestling competition. Both giggling and hitting each other. Trying to pin each other down.

*1 MONTH LATER*

A month had passed and the best friends were successful to become a big group of friends. Neither Lhong nor Techno knew that the other had approached them to help their own best friend. They would hang around together all the time and were becoming big news in the university. 'The Two Prince Charmings Are Friends Now!' everyone said. Everyone was betting if they turn into something more than friends or are they both straight and just competing for the best looking man around. But no one knew that these two kept their feelings secret from the whole world.

Gulf was always so happy whenever Mew was around. He felt like the world only had him and Mew. Mew would play music on Gulf's requests all the time. Gulf felt like there was someone who could really make him smile even when he went back to his hell of a home. All Gulf had to do was think of Mew's charming smile and the dark thoughts of trying to dance to his father's tunes would fade away. Even if only for a moment, but they did leave him.

Mew was happy to see the undefinable thrill in Gulf's eyes whenever they met. He loved how Gulf would request him to play some songs. He loved to see his crush moving his lips to the tunes he played. He loved the company of Gulf Damon. For the first time did Mew think that he actually wanted someone else's company other than Lhong and Turbo. Mew was now more sure than ever that he could spend all his life strumming guitar chords if Gulf was sitting by him, smiling like an angel that he was. He knew it so well already that Gulf was the one for him. Even though they were not even boyfriends yet. Mew just knew that Gulf Damon was the one the heavens had sent to Earth for him.

Mew had unknowingly become Gulf's safe place. The only place where he could let his thoughts run wild without hesitation. The only place he wanted to return to for the rest of his life. The only pair of arms that he wanted a hug from when he was feeling low. The only voice he wanted to hear when he was drowning deep in his oceans of melancholy. The only smile which could light up his world when even the days were as dark as the moonless nights. Mew had become his sun. The only place where he could forget about the demon waiting for him back at 'home'.

Neither of them had built the courage to confess their hearts. But they were still each other's safe place. They were ready to take any measures just to ensure the other man's safety. To keep their home held together. They were never awkward. They felt at ease with each other and that's what mattered.

No hesitation. No shyness. No fear. No difficulties. Just two hearts waiting for the right time. Just two men with humane feelings towards each other. Just two men comfortable with each other. No rush. No discomfort. Just pure bliss. Two hearts beating peacefully to the same rhythm.

***DAMON MANOR***

Gulf returned home with a happy smile decorating his flawless face. Mew had played his favorite song for him without him even wording the request. Gulf loved how Mew understood him so well. He walked into the living room to be greeted by a fearful sight.

His father was back already. Gulf's smiling face turned to a neutral one. William was reading the day's newspaper. He lowered it when Gulf greeted him, "Good evening, father." William just nodded, "Come, sit with your father." Gulf obeyed without a question.

"How is everything?" William asked Gulf, setting the newspaper away. Gulf spoke monotonously, "Nothing special father... Just the usual." William looked Gulf up and down and then in his eyes. Gulf diverted his eyes to the ground. William let out a long breath, "Don't disappoint me, son. Ever. You know your father very well, I think." William stood up and patted Gulf's shoulder before leaving. Gulf was fixated in his spot.

He had not done anything wrong. He did nothing to disappoint his father. Not even once in his life. But he felt an unexplainable fear because of the words his father just said to him. He did not know why but he was afraid.

Gulf's phone rang. His screen had Techno's silly face displaying over it. He picked the call.

[THE CALL]

Gulf: He- hello?

Techno: Your father said something again, right?

Gulf went silent at how his best friend understood him. If it was before, Gulf would be so happy to know that Techno understood him. And his friend would help him calm down. But this time, it was different. Even if Techno understood his situation right away, Gulf wasn't flattered like always. He was craving for someone else's attention. He wanted to talk to Mew about this but he did not know if he should. They were nothing more than friends, for now at least, so he didn't want to disturb Mew at this hour.

Gulf: Yeah... What did you call me for?

Techno: We're going to the Amusement park this weekend.

Gulf: 'We'?

Techno *sigh*: You really become stupid every time you talk with your dad. It means me, you, Lhong, Turbo, and your Mew.

Gulf: Oh! yeah, I'll be there. Weekend, right?

Techno: Yeah. I'll text you the location and time later. Bye for now.

Gulf: Bye.

[CALL END]

__________________________________

This story doesn't really have a particular word count. I just write how many events I plan for one chapter without caring for the word count.

Tell me how was it na.

Please vote and comment.

- Wan <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289K 11.7K 51
Warning ⚠️🔞.... This is the story between two best friends. Tharn and Type are roomates but something changed after Tharn's confessions. " Don't y...
152K 7.9K 24
28 years old Mew was having a bad day. First, his business deal that he had painstakingly been working on for the past 3 months had gone down the dra...
128K 5.5K 12
Mew and Gulf were inseparable growing up. They were not just best friends, they were each other's family. But one day after a little argument Gulf m...
Debauve By nurix5

General Fiction

270K 14.4K 28
"You are going to stick with me until I get tired of you." Their first meeting was a disaster. Arrogant, no direction in life, huge money spender. Gu...