Hatchetfield Stories

By LatteHatesCoffee

Multiple stories that take place in the Hatchetfield universe. Mostly Paulkins :) More

You're Still You
Together
Presentation
Bats
It Was Inevitable
You Have Bad Customers And You Have Terrible Customers
Missing You
Zombie Virus
You Promised
The Perfect Opportunity
I Can't Lose You
He Was There
He Will Come Back, He Won't Come Back
Close Your Eyes
This Is Hatchetfield
To Show You The Horror Of Staying Alive
By Her Side
Roommate
Two In The Head, One In The Heart
What Tim Wants, Tim Won't Get
For Your Own Safety
A Good Way To Go
Good Job
I'm Still The Man You Trust
You'll Be Okay, Okay?
The Human Body
Wide Awake
Hey Mister Business, How Do You Do?
I'll Be Right Here
Bunny
I'm Coming
Drive Faster!
Don't Lie To Me
Nightmare
Like It's Supposed To Be
You'll Hurt Me
Help Is On The Way
Luckily I Didn't Listen To You
Death Is Nothing Sad
Emma, I'm Sorry, We Lost
Something After All
A Bumpy Road
Only You And Me
We Did It
Heat
Glass
Shooting Stars
Rain
Silence
To Ash And Dust
I'll Trade My Life For Yours
Some Things Are Worth It
Turn Off The Lights
Never Question The Scientist
The New World Needed Room For Me And You
Acquaintances
I'm Staying Right Here
Behind You!
We Survived The Crisis, Babe
Dinner, Apologies, And Stab Wounds
The Chosen One (Two, Three)
Terms and Conditions
Hope
That's What I Like About You
The Star Of The Show
Don't You Want To Play With Us?
I (Don't) Want To Live On The Moon
Mister 'I-Tip-Five-Bucks-Every-Day-Because-I-Want-The Barista-To-Notice-Me'
Double Trouble
Say Hi To Jane
We Were Meant To Be One
Blink Once, Blink Twice
Fuck Clivesdale!
He Climbs Up And Then He Climbs Down
You're What I Know About Love
Class Dismissed
Thorns
Be Safe
And Now This Game Has Two
You've La Dee Dah'ed Your Last Day
It Doesn't Have To Be Perfect
Powerful
Just A Dream
As Seen On TV
Gotta Get You Out Of My Head
Farewell, Honey Queen
Wires
And I Shall Be The Surgeon
Leave Me
I Can Take It
It's A Matter Of Time
Drowning
But Not Like This
Gasoline
Until You're Gone
Kiss Me, You Coward
Just Open Your Food Bin, Girl
Messy
This Is The Life That I Chose
Mindless Alien Slave
You're Hurting Her
Come Home
After All
Long Time No See
A Two And A Three
Not That It Matters Anymore
You Lead The Way
But At Least We're Safe
On Three
The Original
Infection
My Friend's A Spider
After Only A Day
Turbulence

2003

126 13 12
By LatteHatesCoffee

I was debating if I should even upload this because it's sad and I'm sad now and I don't even know why I wrote this but here we are

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
-Death
-Graphic depictions of burns
-Fire
-Sensory overload/meltdown/panic attack

(This one's pretty graphic and I kinda triggered myself writing this so just please be careful)

-------

The audience cheered after the big group number, and so did Paul. Seeing Brigadoon at Hatchetfield High wasn't half as bad as he expected it to be. His best friend, Jake, sat next to him, and he seemed to enjoy the show, despite his complaints before they left from Sycamore.

It was pretty decent for a school musical, the sound and lighting were on point, and the actors were good.

The audience laughed at some silly joke Bonnie Jean made, but it quickly turned into terrified cries when one of the lights came down, destroying a part of the stage. Paul froze, staring at the sparks, which quickly licked at the curtains, casting an orange glow over the audience as the flames claimed the wooden stage.

The actors ran from the stage, just before a beam crashed down where some of them had been standing seconds before.

A big dress of one of the actresses caught on fire, and she and a few other cast members struggled to put out the flames, so she ended up running out of the auditorium in her underwear.

Teachers rushed to guide the frightened teens out of the school, and everyone was pushing to get to the open door.

Paul stared at the flames, unable to move. Jake grabbed his arm. "Paul, we have to get out of-"

The blaring sound of the fire alarm drowned out the screams, and Paul's hands moved to cover his ears, even as Jake pulled at his arm.

Too loud.

Too bright.

Too much.

Too-

"Paul!"

Their math teacher, Mr. Johnson, came running towards the two boys. "What are you guys doing?! Let's go!"

The sprinklers went on, and Paul whimpered at the cold water that washed over him.

Mr. Johnson pulled Paul's hands from his ears, but he screamed, shoving the man away, before covering his ears again. Not even a second later, he was lifted from the ground and dragged towards the door.

Paul closed his eyes, his head spinning as everything moved so fast.

Once they were outside, the teacher put him down and let the shaking boy cry in his embrace as he led them towards the rest of the students.

It was then that Paul realized that his best friend hadn't followed them outside. He shook his teacher's arms away and ran back towards the burning building.

"JAKE!"

He entered the building, coughing as he inhaled the black smoke. "JAKE?!"

A small cry came from his left, like a wounded animal. Paul spun around, barely recognizing his best friend under the blisters that covered almost every inch of his skin. His clothes had melted to his skin, and Paul wanted to throw up.

Jake held out his hand from his position on the floor, and Paul's heart skipped a beat when she was what he was holding.

Lily.

Lily was a small stuffed elephant that Paul had since he was a baby. He had it in his backpack every day, even at fifteen years old. No one knew about this. No one, except Jake.

"I know how important it is to you," Jake said, his voice trembling with pain and fear.

"Jake, no..." Paul breathed, ignoring the voices down the hall, calling their names over the ear-piercing alarm.

"Everything will be okay, okay?"

Paul dropped to his knees next to his dying best friend. After a short silence, he replied, taking the stuffed animal. "Okay."

Jake smiled sadly, before closing his eyes and allowing his injuries to claim him.

"Oh my God! There you are!"

Multiple hands grabbed Paul from behind, dragging him away from Jake's body despite his cries and struggles.

*** *** ***

"That was 2003, right? I actually saw you in Brigadoon."

Emma stared at him. "No shit!"

Paul smiled awkwardly, pushing away the memories. "Yes shit. Yeah... We didn't have a theatre program in our school, so I guess to make us feel like crap, they bust us over to watch your show. It was the first musical I ever saw. I hated it. That's probably the start of my whole thing. You're the reason I don't like musicals!"

Emma forced out a laugh. "Wow, that's like your origin story."

"Yeah..."

"So I guess I'm the supervillain?"

Paul chuckled, thinking about how he'd actually enjoyed her performance before everything went wrong. "I don't think of you like that at all, Emma."

She cleared her throat. "Listen, Paul..."

"It is time... TO DIEEE!"

Dying in a musical. Just like his best friend all those years ago.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 207 13
Was just Richpez and Rosenwalker oneshots a million years ago buuuut we're revamping into a Starkid oneshots book?๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ feel free to DM or comment...
964 55 14
This idea was inspired by Joe Moses' initial idea of what The Guy Who Didn't Like Musicals was about. Towards the end of Starkid's 10niversary 16 hou...
4.1K 115 16
Title says it all!! Slow updates...