If, and Only If || (Xiao x Re...

By kuroos_possession

Xiao, the Guardian Yaksha that serves for Rex Lapis was conquering demons on the West mountain. That seems to... More

ไธ€
ไบŒ
ไธ‰
ๅ››
ไบ”
ๅ…ญ
ไธƒ
(Special Chapter)
ๅ…ซ
ไน
ๅ
ๅไธ€
ๅไบŒ
ๅไธ‰
A/N !!
ๅไบ”
ๅๅ…ญ
ๅไธƒ
ๅๅ…ซ
ๅไน
ไบŒๅ
Epilogue
New Book Is Out!
100k Special
GREETINGS

ๅๅ››

16.9K 693 1.1K
By kuroos_possession

Art: ???

—Meeting Guizhong—

"Xiwangmu... please. Listen to these prayers. I hope to rid of the evil near here, that would corrupt our village. Please rid of the spite."

Those were the the words that would go on inside her head every time, when they would pray to her. She never got annoyed, or bored of them. It made her know the people depend on her.

She had a policy, where more likely that anybody that entered the mountain and weren't part of the village should be killed by herself, as the guardian spirit of the place.

One person, left unharmed for the first time.

The goddess, Guizhong ventured into the mountain she's never been inside of. Morax had warned her of the possibilities that might happen. But she payed no mind to them.

She walked through the place, which held large rocks, and snapped branches. Leaves that were putrid.

But all of that only peaked her interest and curiosity even more. I suppose the term, 'Curiosity killed the cat,' does not effect her in any way.

Guizhong heard a rustle, and turned around to see a large white tiger emerge from behind the fog, slowly with an intimidating growl. It's face seemed very soft...

Guizhong stayed calm to herself, knowing well that if she showed any fear, it would only make matters worse and quicken her death.

She held a hand out and kneeled down like she would for any animal, to show she shows no harm and is not hostile.

Of course, Xiwangmu never faced a situation like this before, and stopped confused. She had her guard up like always, and just left Guizhong there in her spot knowing she won't be able to make her leave.

The next day, she returned. And Xiwangmu snarled at her again. But she had asked the people in the village about the tiger.

"Xiwangmu, was it? I don't mean any harm, really. I just want to be friends. I show no harm, believe me." Guizhong said in the most kindest voice.

Xiwangmu never knew a voice could sound so kind... or possibly naive...

Every. Single. Day. Guizhong would return to try and befriend the tiger, not giving up in the slightest.

Xiwangmu warmed up to Guizhong, and knew she had guts, and was persistent. And to her surprise they became very close friends.

Guizhong brought Morax over, and the Morax back then, was absolutely intimidating. It was very threatening, to Xiwangmu. And the tiger hid behind, Guizhong, who laughed at the change of attitude. And Morax was beyond confusion as to why Xiwangmu wouldn't come over to greet him.

—end—

Those were good times. Before the archon war was the absolute greatest time for her. During, and after was the most dreadful part to come by. Many adeptis and gods fought with each other. Bringing damage to the ground among the civilians and mortals.

The village people who lived near Y/N's mountain were completely safe. But... what caused them all to become deceased?

"Everyone has a sin. A secret, per say. Everyone has done something that was wrong. But I think what matters is what the people become after that. And I've seen how far you have come Xiao. I believe you've become a better immortal, I dare say." Y/N said.

"I am still not sure."

"Hm... not convinced?" She set her tea cup down and cradled his face in her hands, and made him look her straight in the eyes.

"Look here, Xiao. How many times are you going to make me say this? You are one of the kindest adeptus I have met. Don't tell the others. But the fact that you feel bad for their deaths, shows enough of how thoughtful you are." She put her forehead against his, closing her eyes with a smile. Trying her hardest to get Xiao to understand, how she sees him as.

"Do you get it yet?" She peeled opened her eyelids to stare into Xiao's gold eyes again. And he stared right back.

Xiao placed his hands over hers, and lightly held them tighter. Then nodded, agreeing to her previous question.

"I think get it now. Thank you."

There was a few moments of silence. But they were the most comfortable moments ever.

And they spent the first few 10 seconds with a kiss. A soft, careful one. To see how they fit each other. It sent a few feelings down each other.

After that one 10 seconds, they spent another 10, to kiss again. Their lips moving in sync, as they softly caressed the others lips gently.

Once they snapped out of their love trance, the two chuckled with each other still sticking close with one another.

"Trust me, I don't think I will be forgetting this, Xiao. You won't be off the hook of the embarrassment." She teased.

"I don't plan on forgetting either. I just hope you will maintain your drinking." He teased back.

"Is my drinking really that bad?"

"Yes."

"...if you say so..." She gave up with another defeated sigh. "I will try to control myself, I suppose."

"I'm glad to hear that." Xiao was feeling bold, and gave a quick peck on her lips this time. And her, not expecting the initiation, blushed deeply. She never exactly realized how embarrassing it was to be kissed.

"If you use that cute act of yours for favors, I'm not going to be able to survive them all."

"I'm not exactly sure what you mean." Xiao had a smirk on his face, knowing fully whats he was saying.

"When did you learn to become such a tease?" She grumbled to herself, upset. "Ming hasn't brought the almond tofu yet. Maybe it is taking a while..."

"Are we allowed to be inside?" Xiao asked.

"Well, yes. Why don't we head inside then." She waved a hand to motion him over, while they both held onto their teacups to bring back to the humble adobe of hers.

Ming was about to leave when she saw the two try to come inside the shrine, and abruptly stopped from taking another step.

"Lady Xiwangmu, Adeptus Xiao. Are you going inside for now?"

"Yes. And it is getting very late. But we will only have a few bites of the almond tofu." She grabbed the plates and spoons, and walked passed her with a smile humming. And Xiao followed.

Ming gave a sigh, and a smile to see Y/N happy. A lot more happy for once for having another one next to her.

"Sit. Sit. This is my room. You have been here before, yes? When you fell asleep from only a few small cups of alcohol." She handed him the plate and utensil for him to eat the almond tofu.

Xiao blushed in embarrassment, from being so weak to liquor.

"It might taste different because Ming has made it. But it is most certainly not bad either." He nodded in recognition, and dug into the tofu. Y/N took notice of his happy face when he tasted the sweet dessert. She would always notice how his eyes would be more full of life, and amusement when almond tofu is ever mentioned.

"Well, it seems it's a good time to talk about, a lot of things." She said, gaining Xiao's attention.

"Remember that one devil of a man ass—" She coughed into her fist, and restarted. "Do you recall the man from when we fought those demons?"

Xiao nodded slowly.

"I absolutely despise him, so you do not have to worry. His name is Dolos, if I haven't mentioned. And in the past, I dare say, he was similar to the god that had taken advantage towards you." Xiao froze, he did not like to be mentioned of that. And Y/N understood of that, and continued, making sure not to bring him up again.

"God of manipulation, and all of that stuff. He's manipulative, living up to his own title. Once apparently when he was still active, he had many mortal concubines, and was popular due to his looks. He was very flirtatious. But was cruel. He left the women to die. And if he did not like one, he would kill them."

Xiao placed his spoon and plate down, after he had finished. And glanced up her face, to see pure hatred and disgust in those e/c eyes of hers.

"After he had heard of my mountain, and my abilities, it had piqued his interest in me. He had an ulterior motive, like the devil he is. He forcefully demanded a marriage..."

Xiao's expression twisted to aversion, himself. Disgusted by the action of the man on her behalf.

"He thought that because he had looks he could get anything. And anyone. He was arrogant, and you could tell. His plan was outrageously idiotic, I could not react. He had become upset when I had refused strictly. Really, what a douche he was." She huffed and crossed her arms. But continued.

"I found out he had wanted to use me personally as a killing machine, due to my power of the stars and heavens." She said again with a hint of  sarcasm this time. "And after being able to defy against him, he had managed to taken my grasp. And chained me in one of his deadly cells." Y/N shuddered in fear, and hated thinking about it.

"He would paint curse markings onto my bare skin, like the sadist he was. His smiles always disgusted me. The curse marking varies in types. He... was very skilled in summoning such demons, and 'demon arts.' The rest ended with, Morax being able to get me out. But he didn't stop there, he threatens to use my people against me. That prick. I'm going to exterminate his cockroached head..."

"I would like to take part in killing him." She looked up at a very dark Xiao, who was engulfed by a dark aura of his, with an intent to kill. "I will kill him."

"Oh? For me?"

"Who else??" He deadpanned.

"You're right. See? You're very kind, Xiao." She smiled, and pat his left cheek softly with her hand that was closest to his face. Xiao held her hand that pat his cheek, and placed it down on the floor, intertwined fingers.

Y/N was surprised again at the initiative that Xiao took. But stifled a small laughter when she saw his red face, as he looked away from her.

"What are you laughing at?" Xiao asked.

"Nothing." She turned the other way.

"No, no. I want to know." He leaned close to her face.

"I was just happy you were being so open around me. That's all." Y/N turned around to look at him.

"That's all?"

"That's all."

Their faces were already so close. They just felt like wanting to kiss each other again. But it was more longer than the first two.

They released the air that they were holding mainly, and took a few breathes. Xiao placed his lips on hers again, moving them slowly. As she kissed back. It seemed like they already knew what they were doing, and have gotten used to the others movement.

Once they pulled back, Xiao stared at her with a slight blush on his face. While she looked at him curiously.

"I think I like bold Xiao. It's new." She stated.

"D— don't say that."

"Bashful Xiao is cute too, I like it." She said again with a teasing smirk of hers, and Xiao looked away from her face to try and stop being flustered from all of this.

Y/N loved his reactions when she compliments him. And the fact that he acts this was because of her feels like victory.

Just a peck of love here and there.
(I'll have an A/N posted after this chapter, so check it out!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.9K 3.6K 34
โ Is this another bitter herb you're forcing me to eat, you mortal? โž โ No, little Xiao, it is simply a pretty flower. โž โคท ๐˜Ÿ๐˜ช๐˜ข๐˜ฐ ๐˜น ๐˜จ/๐˜ฏ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ...
118K 4.1K 16
There's a legend that a ghost appears once every year, during the lantern rite. She wanders aimlessly through Liyue with no apparent goal other than...
22.3K 611 31
Xiao is the last remaining Yaksha, someone who has suffered for years and never wants to be close to anyone again, so what happens when he meets a po...
278K 7.2K 35
What if Xiao wasn't the last Yaksha? What if one of the "dead" Yakshas survived? Karmic Debt. Madness. Could anyone possibly survive that? The answer...