Vicious | ✎

By laynemilo_

A casual kidnap is what Sierra called it. On a Tuesday night , a gorgeous stranger she met just a few days ag... More

Vicious
Playlist
Prologue
1|Meeting
2| Gorgeous Stranger
3|Match
4|Bittersweet
5|Board Games
6|Cheater
7|Mate
8|Hell
9|Terrified

10|Mind Link

200 7 0
By laynemilo_

If my heart could speak,

it would say to you,

"I will not let you go,

I will hold you

in my arms

forever."

~Alexandra Vasiliu
-Author of BLOOMING

~~~~~~~~~~

S I E R R A 

I'm in my room, that's been moved across the house; next to Corbin's room. I'm sitting on the bed that's sat in the corner of the room; staring at the wall in front of me. I'm bored out of my mind. I have been for the past three days.

I'm thinking about asking Corbin to buy me books, maybe some art supplies as well, because I just want something to do. I guess I could go exploring around the house. Familiarize myself with it.

I stand up from the bed and move towards the door of my room, my feet hitting the soft, white rug. When I reach the door, I pull it open. The hallways are empty; I must be alone.

I hum to myself as I step out the room cautiously, looking to see if someone's going to leap at me. I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. I start walking down the hall, to the right. The walls are creamy colored and has a door every 20 steps or so. How many rooms are in this place?

As I walk down the hall, it turns to the left, so I follow it.

I finally come across some sort of foyer on the second floor, and find two small staircases that could fit two people at once, going upstairs and then one huge staircase leading to a large room downstairs. I feel my eyes widen slightly from awe.

There are marble pillars that hold the roof up, since the roof above the first story is the actual roof instead of the other floors. A beautiful, huge white chandelier hangs from the roof; the owner of the house must be rich. The floors are a beautiful pearly white, and the stairs bannisters are a beautiful white wood. It reminds me of the rooms people have balls in, in the movies. I barely paid attention to it when I was rushing to save "Blake" yesterday, but now that I'm taking it in...

It's beautiful.

I make my way down the stairs, each step echoing through the room. When I reach the floor I look around again.

It's huge.

I blink a few times as I walk towards an arch that leads to the other rooms. To think that a place can have such beauty when it has such an ugly purpose.

I walk through the small hall, paintings hung on the wall. When I step into the kitchen, I step back out and in again because holy shit. The floor has that pearly white floor still. In the middle of the kitchen is an Island, a white, with some purple, vase that holds lavender in it. The top of the island is marble. The counters that surround it also share the same beauty. The top of the counter marble, while the rest is wooden. There's a sink, a stove, a microwave, a coffee machine- the best feature- and even an ice maker.

When I hear him talk; I jump three feet forward.

"What are you doing?" His voice is demanding, but has a soft edge to it. I turn to Corbin with a bored expression. Half of me terrified of him, the other half happy to see him, "Can't I explore?" I ask him as I move around the island to put some space between us.

"By all means do so, but I think it would be preferable if I gave you the tour." He says as he shows me his pearly whites, "It is my home after all. Well, one of them anyway." My mouth falls agape.

"You own this place? How in god's name did you afford it?!" I ask him with surprise and disbelief. Corbin smirks as he moves forward and around the island; I do as well so that we're equally away from one another, "I own a few clubs." He tells me with a shrug.

He doesn't own the club I think he owns, does he...?

"I do not own the club you and your ex-boyfriend were at, no." He tells me as he emphasizes on the word 'ex'. I glare at him as he begins moving again; I do too.

"How do you always know what I'm thinking?" I ask him with general curiosity. Corbin smirks again and in one swift move; he jumps over the island and pins me against it, "Why do you ask, love? Are you afraid I have heard stuff that I should not?" He asks; his breath on my cheeks as he whispers into my ear.

"You didn't answer my question." I say confidently, ignoring his soft whispers, warm breath, and our proximity. Corbin lets out a soft and quiet sigh as he steps away from me, "It is called Mind-Link. I could talk to you through it, just as you can talk to me. You have the link open because you do not know how to close it." He explains to me as he creates three steps of distance between us.

"How do I close it?" I ask him with furrowed eyebrows. Corbin searches my eyes for a few seconds before sighing, "I do not know, Sierra... I quite like hearing your voice when I want to." He says to me. I let out a cold laugh at his words.

"How do I close it?" I repeat myself with a cold look in my eyes. All those people outside could be warm in this huge palace. They could be fed, and have amazing lives, but instead they're locked into chains and pulled around like dogs.

Corbin's jaw clenches a few times before turning away, "Axel is on his way. He will show you around." He grumbles as his cold demeaner comes back. I couldn't care less; He's a cold, evil man. The question I've been dying to ask comes to mind, "Corbin?" I call to him. He stops in the doorway and looks over at me, waiting for me to continue.

"Are you... are you in charge of what happens... out there?" I ask him hesitantly. A proud smile comes to his face as he nods his head. I feel the contents of my food screaming to escape me. That's sickening. I shake my head as I look away from him; my eyes burning with sad tears.

"Hey, princess." I hear Axel say behind me, "Let's get the show on the road."

~~~~~~~~~~

We're back on the second floor, I'm following Axel who's showing me one last room; he won't tell me what it is, "Corbin said you'd love it." Axel murmurs as we stop in front of two large doors, "I don't think it's too cool, but hey; If you're a geek... own it." And then he pushes the doors open.

I can't believe it.

The floor is wooden, the shelves are white, and there are so many. It may not be as huge as the library from the Beauty and The Beast but it's perfect. There's a small clearing where two grey couches sit, white pillows on top.

"It's... wow." Is all I can say; a staircase leads down to the couches and shelves, but the second floor has just as much shelves. All of them, filled with books, "I can't... wow." I decide to stop talking as I walk down the steps; I can feel Axel's eyes on me.

"God, such a geek." He says to himself before sighing, "Look, Sierra, you can come back tomorrow, but we need to go- well, I do." He says as he stops me from walking anymore. I frown as I look at Axel, "I can take care of myself. I'm not a child." I say to him.

"Don't- hey, don't scold me like that-"

"I can take care of myself." I repeat as I walk down the stairs again, "And I've got some exploring to do." I say in a sing-song voice. I hear a loud groan come from Axel; a few seconds later the door opens and then slams closed.

I giggle as I look at the now closed the door, "Dork." I whisper as I walk up to the couches. I chose which one I'm claiming and then walk towards the shelves. I smile widely when I see all of them have headings.

"Horror... no thanks." I say as I walk past two of the rows labelled 'Horror... Fantasy... Thriller... Adventure... Supernatural... Mystery..." I shake my head as I look around the rows. The genres go on. but I don't find the one I want; so, I head back to the stairs where I run up them.

I place my hands over my mouth as I let out a laugh. I never knew Corbin was such a romantic.

The whole second floor is dedicated to romance. You'd think he'd have a bunch of action books up here, but there's literally a heading in front of all the shelves that reads, 'Romance'.

I don't know Corbin at all.

I hum as I walk up to the first shelf; I immediately find a book series I've been dying to read forever now. I squeal in delight as I pick the first book up, "I'm in love." I breath out as I stare at the cover.

I make my way down to the couches again and sit down; I frown in annoyance. I need a blanket. And hot chocolate. I clear my throat awkwardly.

'Corbin?' I think to myself and start laughing at myself. He was joking, what the hell am I doing?

'Yes, love?' And then I freak out a bit. Okay, a lot.

'WAIT YOU WEREN'T KIDDING?! HOLY SH-'

'Stop yelling, Sierra.' He can hear me yelling. Oops?

'Right, I was asking you where I could find blankets and maybe hot chocolate?'

I hear him literally sigh and blink a few times. I can even hear his displeasure through mind link. Great. 'I can still hear you, Sierra. Where are you? I do not have hot chocolate, but I can make you coffee.' I can hear his annoyance.

'You don't have too. You can just tell- '

'Where are you?' He interrupts me and I roll my eyes.

'The library. It's beautiful, by the way.' I tell him with a soft voice... well, I think it is.

'I will be there in ten minutes, maybe fifteen... is that okay?' I hear him again, my heart keeps fluttering and I want to smack it across the room, 'You can not smack a heart across the room. That is messy and disgusting'.

Oh shit. Oh god. Oh no, 'That's okay... how do I turn this off?'

'Bye Sierra.

Asshole. But not really.

I get comfortable on the couch and open the book excitedly.

~~~~~~~~~

The door opens; I look up at Corbin as he walks down the stairs with a blanket and a mug I can only assume is filled with coffee, "Look at you, being a sweetheart and all." I smile at him as he reaches me.

He puts the blanket down next to me and holds the coffee out to me. I look at the page I'm on and place the book down, "Thank you." I say as I take it from him. He smiles briefly, "You are welcome. What are you reading?" He asks me as he looks at the seat next to me.

"Come look." I say as I use one hand to pat the seat next to me. Corbin sits down, his arms stretch across the back of the chair and his leg crosses over the other. I bite my lip nervously as I look between the mug of coffee and the book.

"Here..." Corbin says as he takes the mug from me. I smile gratefully as I pick the book up from the couch. I hesitate as I move closer to him, "Is this okay?" I ask him carefully. He nods his head as his rights arm places itself around my shoulders.

I feel my cheeks heat up as I cover the both of us with the blanket he brought with him. I force my muscles to relax before taking a deep breath. Corbin pulls me closer to him with the arm wrapped around me; making me fall slightly on his chest.

"Remind me to get a coffee table..." He grumbles as he places the coffee on the ground. He shifts around to get comfortable, "Read it to me." He whispers softly as I lean against him. My heart is fluttering and my stomach is doing flips. The tingles inching across my skin from his touch gives me a giddy, warm feeling in my chest.

"Okay... I'll read to you".

Thank you for reading. Please vote, comment, and follow! Don't be a silent reader.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 2.8K 34
{Under editing} {Originally written in 2015} He had anger coursing through his veins and poison in his voice. She had playfulness in her soul and ch...
263K 7K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
2.2M 57.6K 39
BOOK 1 He hovered over me in silence while I gathered my senses. "Why are you here Deacon?" I finally asked. I heard his gruff sigh before he knelt d...
2.3K 70 7
Humanity has fallen, the supernaturals have come out of hiding and taken control. Years after watching the chaos of The Fall Emelia is faced with her...