A Promise To The Beloved (Com...

By _aadyawrites

"You see him as an heir of your empire and not as a family member. All you care about is the inheritance and... More

Copyright
Author
Introduction to Characters
1. Life & Death...
2. Time to move on...
3. The Stranger...
4. What does he want?
5. The DNA report...
6. A Proposal...
7. A Threat...
8. Accedence...
9. The Arrangements...
10. Wedding bells...
11. Wedding night...
12. The New Tricks...
13. Sharing a room...
14. Morning kiss...
15. Rights...
16. A Dinner meet...
17. Dilemma...
18. Doubts...
19. His Past...
20. The Small talks...
21. Finally his...
22. The Full Moon...
23. In the mall...
24. A Dinner Night...
25. The Birthday boy...
26. When doubts sets in...
27. A decision made...
28. Trust...
29. Past and Promises...
30. A Nightmare...
31. A text to him...
32. The New Feelings...
33. Her Confession...
34. Angels and Demons...
35. After the storm...
36. Another Storm...
37. The Chaos that follow...
38. What he never says...
39. What he wants...
40. His Fears...
41. Just some morning talks...
42. PTSD...
What we need to know about PTSD..
43. He's back...
44. New Memories...
45. Sticky notes...
46. When it all resolves...
A Question & a special note...
A Bonus Chapter?
IT BEGAN WITH A KISS Published!!

Epilogue

59.2K 2.5K 718
By _aadyawrites

"Come on, Lilly. You can do it. Remember the full moon, the dance? I promise it all. Ok?" Ashton said clutching on the hand of his wife who was in labour.

"Shut up, Ashton!" Lilly was torn between the urge to laugh or cry or maybe hit this man in front of her.

"Push a little more, Mrs King." doctor said.

"Aghhh..." Lilly tried again and the pain was now becoming more and more unbearable.

"Just do something." Ashton looked at the doctor impatiently.

"She just have to push a little, Mr king."

Ashton huffed in frustration looking helplessly at his wife in labour. He took her hand in his and gave her a reassuring squeeze.
" I am here, Lilly. Right by your side."

With one final push the baby was out. Lilly took a much-needed breath as her eyes teared at the cries of her daughter.

"Are you ok now?" Ashton asked worryingly.

"Hmm.." she smiled back. Too tired to stay say something.

"Good." he smiled and placed a kiss on her forehead.
_____

"Your daughter is perfectly healthy, Mrs King." The nurse smiled as she placed the tiny baby in Lilly's arms. ''You may feed her and then you both need some rest."

"Thanks." Lilly smiled and the nurse left. "My baby." Lilly's eyes teared up again as she held her little girl close to her heart. She remembered the first time she had held Samuel.

She opened the button of her gown and placed her breast near baby's mouth. The newborn suckled hungrily while Lilly watched her in complete awe.  She could feel Ashton's eyes upon her. As she looked from the corner of her eye she found him watching her. She felt shy all of a sudden.
"What is it, Ashton?"

He smiled as he he got up and came to her side and sitting beside her he rested his head on her shoulder.
"You scared me today."

Her heart melted at those words and she rested her palm on his cheek. "I have promised you that I will be by your side and I never break my promises."

"She's cute." Ashton said eyeing the baby in Lilly's arms.

"Yes, she is." Lilly smiled at the baby who was back to sleep after filling her tummy. "Have you held her yet?"

"No."

"Why?" She questioned.

"She is so tiny. She is not even the size of my forearm." he said nervously. "I can't hold her."

"Of course, you can. She is your daughter."

" I will hold her when she grows an year old but till then I won't touch her." Ashton said resolutely.

"Ashton, sit in front of me." Lilly ordered.

"But-"

"Just sit."

Sighing, he got up from beside her and sat in front of her on the bed.
" I am not holding her."

"Come a little closer." he obeyed. "Now relax. Take a deep breath and listen carefully. This is our baby. She is not as fragile as you think."

"And I completely disagree because to me she looks as fragile as a China doll."

"Now show me your hands like you are asking me for something." she continued with her orders ignoring his comments.

"I ask for you on our bed and with no clothes."

" Ashton! she can hear you." Lilly scolded with bright cheeks.

"She won't understand a word. She doesn't know the language yet." He smirked.

"Here." Lilly gently placed the baby on the bed as she instructed Ashton. "Slide your left hand under her head and the right hand under the bottom." Ashton nervously followed the instructions because he knew she won't let him step out of this room.
"Now scoop the baby up and hold her close to your chest. Move her head to the crook of your arm to support her neck. Good." She looked satisfactorily as Ashton cradled their daughter in his arms.

"She opened her eyes." Ashton whispered  in awe.

"They are grey. Just like yours." Lilly smiled at the look of wonder on his face.

"Daddy will always protect you." he whispered his promise to the baby girl as he placed a kiss on the crown of her head.

"Mommy... daddy..."

They both turned towards the sound and found their four year old Samuel walking in followed by Grace.

"Hey, my baby." Lilly opened her arms and the boy came running in her embrace.

"Do you want to meet your sister?" Lilly asked.

"Yes."

"Daddy is holding her." Grace pointed towards Ashton.

The boy turned around and looked at the little baby and gasped. "She is so small."

Lilly laughed. "Yes. She is just like you. Even you were so tiny once."

She kissed her son's head as he asked,
" I want to hold her. Please mom."

"Alright. Did you wash your hands?"

"Yes." Boy replied happily.

"Then sit here cross-linked." she instructed the boy and Ashton placed the little baby in his lap.

The boy looked at her for a minute and then at his mother. "Mommy, take her back. She is small and she is moving. I am scared!"
Lilly laughed at his nervousness and  took the baby in her arms.

Sam got on his knees and placed a kiss on his little sister's head. "When are you coming home mommy?"

"Tomorrow, my champ." Ashton answered from behind as he picked the boy up and made him sit on his shoulders.

" I will go home with mommy then." Sam said crossing his arms.

"No, son. You need to be home or else who will look after Grace?" Ashton said to the boy.

"Granny is old, daddy."

"That's why I need your help, Samuel." Grace smiled at the boy. ''If I am hurt and alone in the house, what will I do then? So come with me, please. I may need your help. Ok?"

The boy pouted at that but then finally agreed. "Ok."

"Now give your mama a kiss." Lilly smiled at the boy.

"And give your daddy a big bear hug." Said Ashton picking him up in air. Sam laughed with joy.
Placing the boy on his feet Ashton ruffled his hair. "Go home now. We will be home tomorrow with your little sister."

"Ok. Come soon, daddy." the boy smiled up at his father and left with Grace.

"You must be tired." Lilly smiled at Ashton as he walked to her. "Come, lie down. The bed isn't that small."

It was as if those were the words he was waiting for and Ashton quickly got on the bed beside her resting his head on her soft thighs while she held the baby in her embrace.

~~~~~~~~~
"I am so tired." Lilly complaint as she finally put her one month baby girl to sleep. Sera and Sam together were a storm.

"Come." Ashton held out his hand for her.

Taking it she sat on his thighs as she rested her body against his. She smiled at the relief that flushed through her at his touch.

"Which movie is this?" she asked as the cradled with him.

" I don't know. I just switched the TV on because I couldn't sleep without you." She smiled at his words as they both sat there on the couch in silence.

He brought his arms about her and took hold of her hands. Taking in a deep breath he calmed himself with her intoxicating scent and squeezed her hands three times.
Suddenly all the fatigue left her body and she waited with her breath held in her lungs. He squeezed her hands three times again.

"Do you know the meaning of squeezing someone's hand three times, Ashton?" she asked staring ahead while trying to calm her racing heart.

"Yes." he answered in her ear. "I read it somewhere that squeezing the hand of your beloved three times mean the same as those three words you speak to me day and night. I can't say those words back because I am still scared but if I just squeeze your hand three times like this then know that I also want to say the same thing."

His words brought tears to her eyes and she turned around and hugged him tightly.
" I love you, Ashton."

In answer he squeezed her hands three times.

" I love you so much."

He squeezed her hand three times again and then finally claimed her lips.

From his thoughtful gestures to his caring smiles she always knew it was love. His actions spoke it out loud to her. But still somewhere in her heart she craved to hear those words and today even voicing it out he still said it. He said the words she always longed to hear.

She was his heaven and he was her home.
She became the light to his darkened soul.

~~~~~~~~~

~A treat for your eyes ~

Ashton fulfilling Lilly's demands. (If you've read her sticky notes, you'll understand 😂)

Ashton & Lilly at the news of her pregnancy. ❣️

Ashton holding Sera.

Samuel and Sera

~~~~~
THE END
~~~~~

Completed on : 12th March 2021

This was such a beautiful journey 💕 I'm happy that I was finally able to complete this story and I'm in tears 😢 because I'm gonna miss you guys' daily nagging to update the next chapter quickly 😭

You all seriously seriously amazing ❣️ Thank you for being with me till the very end ❤️

Hey guys, if you enjoyed this story then support the writer by pressing the lovely "Follow" button _aadyawrites so you never miss an update regarding upcoming new stories. 🥰❣️

*Don't leave yet and swip up quick.*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211K 5.3K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...
265K 4.4K 62
"I promise, for as long as you live I will protect you, love you, care for you, comfort you, lay with you, feed you, play with you and above all brin...
3.6K 57 27
♡ Weekly Chapter Releases ♡ My wedding day. The happiest day of my life, right? Wrong. I made it this far so why is it so hard to force these words o...
369K 6.8K 50
Silence. "HUH?" He laughs aiming the gun at my head. "Does this scare you, babe," he yells with anger. My heart was beating so fast it felt like I wa...