She Belongs To The King

By lilibetR

"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐀𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐚, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐨𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝 𝐈 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐰�... More

𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓
𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄
𝟏|𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐀𝐒 𝐈 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐈𝐓
𝟐| 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐕𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
𝟑|𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌
𝟒|𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄
𝟓|𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋
𝟔|𝐏𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍
𝟕|𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆
𝟖|𝐀 𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓
𝟗|𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐃
𝟏𝟎| 𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐆𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐍 𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝟏𝟏|𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔
𝟏𝟐|𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐍
𝟏𝟑|𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐄𝐅𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄
𝟏𝟒|𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐒
𝟏𝟓|𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍
𝟏𝟕|𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐁𝐀𝐆 𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐒
𝟏𝟖|𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐋
𝟏𝟗|𝐓𝐄𝐀 𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐇 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋
𝟐𝟎|𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐋𝐄
𝟐𝟏|𝐇𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐊 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐀 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇
𝟐𝟐|𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍
𝟐𝟑|𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐕𝐀𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐔𝐌
𝟐𝟒|𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐄 𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐄
𝟐𝟓|𝐀 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄 𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄
𝟐𝟔|𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝟐𝟕|𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐖𝐍𝐄𝐑
𝟐𝟖|𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐘𝐎𝐔
𝟐𝟗|𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐄𝐅𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄
𝟑𝟎|𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

𝟏𝟔|𝐍𝐄𝐎𝐍

56.6K 1.7K 748
By lilibetR

Just as I was putting on my shoes, the door to my apartment knocked loudly.

He's here already? well i guess that saves me from pacing back and forth nervously again. Why does he make me so nervous?

I gently opened the door to have a bouquet of flowers greeting me.

flowers?

He just continues to surprise me everyday. The flowers smelt amazing.

"These are for you" he said nonchalantly as he handed my the flowers. Now where in the hell am i going to keep this fat ass bouquet? it's huge. Giving him an appreciative smile, i kept the flowers on the little dinner table. I'll fix them up later, the little pink flowers are to die for.

I still haven't told the girls about tonight, and with good reason. Had they known, they'd overhype tonight. Making me see Adam in away i definitely should not be seeing. Last thing i need is feeling something tonight thats's going to lead me to trouble.

"Thank you, they're beautiful"

"So are you" ... "what?"

"You look beautiful tonight" Adam replied in a monotonous tone. I know that was supposed to be a compliment but it sure as hell don't feel like it.

My cheeks felt warm, and of course my heart is beating furiously.

I mean yeah i don't expect anything less, it took my a mental breakdown to figure out what to wear tonight. Finally deciding on figure hugging short bardot dress paired with my black square heels.

Walking to his car he opened the door to the passenger seat. What the hell is he doing? I've never seen him like this. Boy would the girls go mad.

Getting into the car, i was curious about where we were gonna go. Is he gonna take us somewhere bougie again? like that last sushi restaurant. At least i'm dressed for it this time.

He got in the driver's seat a second after, starting up the car.

"Where are we going?" I asked him gently. Please don't take me somewhere quite to kill me.

I've been watching way too many true crime documentaries.

"It's a surprise" He replied, his eyes facing forward.

So he's going to kill me.

                                     ───※ ·❆· ※───

A few minutes go by he started to slow down the car, steadily turning into an empty street. A little concerned i started to get a little alarmed at how dark the alley was.

wait a fucking minute, why the hell are we in an alley. I know i was joking before but is he really trying to kill me? This is drastically different to the very first place we went together.

"uh..."

Before i could say another word, Adam quickly parked the car and got out.

So do i run? do i hit him in the head and run?

He walked towards my side of the car and opened the door, holding the door open for me i hesitantly got out.

He then walked up to a what seemed like a closed up garage door right in front of us and slid it upwards.

The neon lights rushed through the opening, illuminating the entire alley. Adjusting my eyes i could finally see what was behind the garage door.

It's a carnival.

Oh my god it's a fucking carnival. Look at that merry go round. Not a single other person was to be seen in or around the area. Well that's odd.

"I thought you'd like something like this, so i got us the whole thing"

Of course he did.

Oh the things rich people can do.

He gestured to join him into the carnival. Different types of carnival music boomed from different rides. There were little animal rollercoasters, a merry go round, even a ferris wheel the height of a one story house.

Laser tag? a room of mirrors, a haunted house, go karts??

Oh my god i haven't been to carnival in so long

"So.. what would you like to do?" Adam asked me, breaking from my trance. He can visibly see how excited i am to try everything and he himself is doing little to nothing to hide that smirk. yeah okay Adam, you won this time.

Beyond excited i head towards the first ride of many for the night. I didn't even realize time go by, a very common phenomena for me as of late.

I mean cmon. Who wouldn't lose their shit for personal carnival?

First was the merry go round of course, then the little animal rides... which i think was actually for little kids.

Throughout the whole time Adam just kept following me like a little puppy, smiling and actually laughing with me after every ride i went to. I don't think I've been excited about something genuinely, aside from meeting the cats last night of course.

He started joining me on rides after, starting from the little baby rollercoaster that literally just goes on a circle with one little bump.

"Really? This one?"

"What? I don't like big roller coasters" Adam shrugged as he sat on the little crocodile ride next to me, it was tiny enough to crush the two of us together.

"Is Adam King scared of heights?" I joked. And something that's been out of his character all this time, he laughed with me as the rudiments buckled us in and jump started to slowly move forward. Going at a speed of a slug.

"No... not scared, just smart enough to not get into a machine that could potentially kill you" he smirked.

"Oh no wonder you have a stick up your ass, you don't know how to have fun". "I- what?"

The ride lasted maybe 5 minutes? This really was for toddlers I don't know why i even sat on this ride wasting 5 minutes of my life i wont get bad. And being crushed right next to Adam, being engulfed in his man perfume that actually smelt amazing is not doing me any favors.

Just as the buckles released i quickly stood up and got out of the ride, some distance would be better.

"Where to next?" Adam asked, a warm smile on his face. The neon red light reflected on his face, making him look like he's this beautiful painting in the louvre or something.

I looked around and pointed at the haunted house. Of course i have to go there, i love haunted houses.

He nodded, following me as i eagerly walked towards the haunted house almost to the point i was skipping.

The Haunted house was big, with bold red lettering on the entrance, sort of giving the monster house energy. Fog surrounding the area, the work of a few fog machines and creepy music coming from the back to really set the tone.

"Are you not scared?" Adam almost whispered to me. "Of this? No" I chuckled, excitedly stepping into the house.

It was dark and almost like a maze. Everything you'd expect a usual haunted house to look like. Animatronic monsters popping up here and there. Things like the Annabelle doll and what not.

I could feel Adam walking extremely close to me almost to the point of our skin was touching.

Is he...scared?

The very first jump-scare was an animatronic girl with long black hair and white dress. "FUCK" Adam jumped, gripping onto my hand. As the machine slowly slid back I couldn't help but laugh.

"You're scared of ghosts too?"

"It's not that funny" he replied sheepishly.  "Uh yeah it is. Hard ass King scared of a little ghost"

"Just keep going" he rolled his eyes. Still holding onto my hand tightly.

A few more jump scares here and there catching Adam off guard every time only scaring him more and more. His curse words echo through house as he tried to play it off Cooly but failing anyway.

He let out a deep sigh as we finally exited the haunted house. Well that's a side of Adam i actually enjoy, now I know his weaknesses. He really set himself up tonight.

"Yeah i bet you're real happy huh" he chuckled while shaking his head. "I'm not complaining".

I realize he's still holding onto my hand, my hand was so much smaller than his, which makes his grip just right. 

Following my gaze which were on our hands, he immediately let go while looking away to make things awkward.

We spent hours playing at the arcade, sometimes he won but mostly it was me. Was he letting me win or does he genuinely just suck at this?

Not to mention go karting. He made it a point to chase my car with his, menacingly driving after me to bump into me. That didn't go so well considering i have a chase phobia. Meaning my anxiety levels go over the roof and i panic when i feel as if i was being chased.

I looked it up, It's a real thing.

So the entirety of the go karting consisted of me screaming 'stop i'll punch you too' my guts out and Adam menacingly chuckling as he drove after me. Charming, on both ends.

                    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Oh my god that's the biggest ball pit i have ever seen?" I felt myself getting even more excited than i was before. Which is impossible considering all the things we've done in this carnival in a span of a few hours.

I dragged Adam with me to the ball pit, taking my heels out to jump in. The last time i was in a ball pit, i was 12.

My internal child is thanking me as i drowned in balls.

Now that's one disturbing sentence i never thought i'd say one after the other.

Besides this is the most excited and happiest i've ever seen Adam, he was laughing with me. Throwing ball after ball at me. He was fast, i was not. Therefore i was being ambushed by this man child. I think he was having way more fun than i was this whole time.

I'm starting to think he was devoid of any childhood activities, he didn't even know how to play some arcade games. I actually had to teach him.

"Oh okay i see how it is" I started to throw balls back at him, which was pointless because my aim is horrible and he was winning.

Playing around in the ball pit, Adam pretended he was being dragged underneath by a monster. The most dad joke of the century. No wonder he's not open with everybody or they would've clowned him into the netherworlds. Edward especially.

I rolled my eyes, throwing a ball at his head.

"ADAM!" both his hands grabbed me around my waist tightly, pulling me back into the ball pit with him.

We both started to giggle, oh my god he's so corny my heart is melting. With our laughter dying down, his chocolate brown eyes fell on me. His smile was comforting and warm. As if he sees nothing and nobody but me.

"So.. what do you think?" Adam asked hopefully, his eyes glimmering.

"I loved every bit of it, thank you for tonight"

His smile was warm, seemed like a complete person than what I'm used to. It's like I'm getting know him again, a whole new person.

I didn't realize at first that he was still holding me, we were both inches apart. His arm snaked in to cup my cheek, upon this realization i could feel goosebumps rising on my skin, my heart beating fast again it's drumming loudly in my ears.

Is it getting hot? It's getting hot in here. My face started to feel warm, i pursed my lips, looking the furthest away from him right now. Is it obvious? It feels so obvious. Why is he so close to me? Does he have to be so close to me?

I could see that Adam's gaze was on me, its as if i couldn't control my body all of a sudden that  our eyes lock.

The bright lights were visibly reflecting on his eyes, making his chocolate brown eyes just as bright. It's like a painting all over again.

He's slowly leaning in, all the while my brain is like that one scene in the office where Micheal screams "its happening" and everything inside is chaos.

His soft lips landed on mine, gripping onto mine in an instant.

But I couldn't do it. 

I pushed away.

Part of me is not letting this happen. It's not letting Adam in.

He sighed, his eyes looking down between us. His jaws clenched.

"It's Liam isn't it... you like him" he spat, pulling away from me to make some distance between us two.  "What? No- that's not it" I dismissed immediately. No this isn't about Liam. In fact this isn't about anyone at all but him.

Part of me is just not letting this happen because although it's nice now, I know what he's really like, and I know he's capable of hurting me. Someone like him and where's he's from, he can do whatever he wants and never understand the magnitude of his actions. I saw a side of Adam tonight i really liked, but it felt like it was just a dream, something that's not real and wont last long.

Do i just cling onto that dream? Until it slowly fades? And then what?

"Yeah it is Antheia" he replied coldly. The Adam that i really know is back. Confirming everything that was on my mind a second ago.  "Let's go, ill drop you home"

He was so cold, its like the guy that spent all this time with me, laughing and enjoying each other's company just disappeared. "Adam its not-"

"It's fine, lets go" he cut me off. His ice cold demeanor standing guard.  "No, stop. This is so typical of you, you know that? So what? You thought i owed you something tonight because you did something nice? You're just like every other guy then aren't you?"

I had no control over what came out of my mouth, i could see his eyebrows furrowed and eyes widened in shock.

"I didn't want anything from you Antheia. You're not the only girl around" his jaws were clenched as he spat back.

"Then what? How can you just change like that? Because we didn't kiss? Or because you were threatened by another guy because you just want to have everything. You own half of this city anyway, why not a whole fucking person" my heart was drumming furiously, almost deafening me. Which partly is why i have no control over what i was saying, it's because I don't hear myself.

Adam looks taken back, nodding in defeat and disbelief.

"That's.... really what you think about me?"

There was a pause between us, the faded sounds of the carnival music bouncing back and forth within the area. His eyes were locked onto mine, as we were just a few feet away from each other. I was almost panting. My heart almost about to jump out of  my chest.

"Yes"

He looked away, in a disappointed expression.

"I'm sorry you think that" he replied monotonously. His eyes however, a different expression.

My heart stung, I felt regret flood over me. I said what I had to say. What was on my mind, what I truly believed. I don't think anyone could actually understand how I felt. How he made me feel.

He confuses me, and I don't think he sees that. He's not doing the best to make it clear himself either. I know what he's trying to do, but I just don't get where I will end up in all of this. Everyone in the Kings said so themselves, Adam's had many 'relationships' before that barely lasts a week. Do I really wanna end up like another one from his past? Adam is one of a kind, and my doubts are all over the place. Plus i obviously got my own trust issues, it all just came out right in this moment.

And just like that, it was over.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.6K 1.8K 40
Hit 1.06k views 9-28-21 - #11 in tropes - #15 in adult themes Valerie Ace Monroe is one of the best assassins, also known as "Queen of Hearts" by her...
288K 7.2K 38
"They say all good boys go to heaven but bad boys bring heaven to you " Leading a normal life is boring right? Why don't we add a few bad boys to it...
138K 2.8K 59
She is a saint with the lips of a sinner She is an angel with a devilish kiss. She is a mess of gorgeous chaos, and you can see it in her eyes. Ales...
561K 20.2K 49
The story of a werewolf king and a hybrid vampire. • KING • || a supreme ruler, sovereign over a nation or a territory, of higher rank than any othe...