Finding Her

By acosmiccollision

Book One At the age of twenty five, the Mafia would be handed down to Valerius Armani from his father. Knowin... More

Information
Characters
Book Playlist
Dedication
P R O L O U G E
C H A P T E R - O N E
C H A P T E R - T W O
C H A P T E R - T H R E E
O N E
C H A P T E R - F O U R
C H A P T E R - F I V E
C H A P T E R - S I X
T W O
C H A P T E R - S E V E N
C H A P T E R - E I G H T
T H R E E
C H A P T E R - T E N
C H A P T E R - E L E V E N
C H A P T E R - T W E L V E
F O U R
C H A P T E R - T H I R T E E N
C H A P T E R - F O U R T E E N
C H A P T E R - F I F T E E N
F I V E
C H A P T E R - S I X T E E N
C H A P T E R - S E V E N T E E N
C H A P T E R - E I G H T E E N
S I X
C H A P T E R - N I N E T E E N
C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y
C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y - O N E
S E V E N
C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y - T W O
C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y - T H R E E
C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y - F O U R
E I G H T
C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y - F I V E
C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y - S I X
C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y - S E V E N
N I N E
C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y - E I G H T
C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y - N I N E
C H A P T E R - T H I R T Y
T E N
E P I L O G U E
Author's Note
Other Books / Socials
Q & A
B O N U S

C H A P T E R - N I N E

16K 401 81
By acosmiccollision

Ready for War

V A L E R I U S '   P O V :

"What are we going to do about this?" Papà is the first to ask. I can tell he's getting ready to rip a few heads off and I don't blame him. I am too.

"For now." I start, taking a deep breath. "We kill every single fucking Russian until one of them leads us to Ivan Moscow."

Is it a completely logical plan? No, not really. Will it bring me peace at night? Absolutely.

That bastard isn't going to get away with an easy death. He hurt my baby.

"Those bastards are asking for a war they can't
win." Fabio grits out.

My brothers are relaxed most of the time but nobody messes with family and gets away with it. We're all ready for bloodshed.

"You need a more thorough plan, Valerius. We can't just jump in blind." Enzo speaks his first real sentence to me today.

He acts like I'm the dumb one.

"I know that, Enzo. Don't question my ability to lead." I snap. He isn't phased. He's gotten used to me being angry with him.

"Did.. Did they hurt her?" Marcello's words show how concerned he really is. His question is naïve.

I feel my whole body tense knowing that everyone already knows my answer they just need confirmation. I don't have to say anything but look at Marcello and press my lips together for him to tear up.

"I don't know everything that happened but it's enough to know it was nothing good." I say bitterly, trying not to look into the pitiful eyes I know they're all holding for me. "Nothing a child should go through."

"Aren't you worried, Valerius? A little girl in the Mafia is no good. Think about your enemies." Mamma chides with concern. Stress rises in her voice.

Oh so the worry was for me and not the threat on my fucking daughter. She acts like I don't know how to protect myself. Like I'm the child.

"He can't just fucking throw her to the streets! The hell do you want him to do with her?" Fabio raises his voice and mamma hushes him.

"I'll always be worried and there will always be a threat on me no matter by who but the safest place for her is with me and she will stay with me. End of discussion." I end the conversation. Mamma shakes her head with her hand coming up to her forehead.

She's clearly not agreeing with me.

My mamma has always put her children first. She always made sure we were getting the proper education and we were always safe. Some say she's overprotective but it's just her way of showing she cares. She loves us.

"Bianca, I know you're worried but the way you're feeling about him potentially being in danger is how he feels about his own daughter." Papà explains. I just hope she could hear him out because he's right. "See his side of things."

I click my phone on and check the time— almost one in the morning.

Great.

"Are you guys staying here tonight?" I ask, knowing none of them want to leave after today and just need an outlet to stay.

Mar scoffs dramatically. "Oh please, I'll be staying here for the next week." A sly smile graces his lips. "Probably two."

Oh, please, no.

"Hell yeah! Let's be roommates." Fabio cheers to Marcello, hitting his shoulder.

I don't want to keep my family from Ellie so I look to papà to learn his answer.

I can handle my family for a few weeks. I mean, I did it my whole childhood.

"I'm staying. Bianca?"

Mamma looks at everyone before looking to me. "I guess I will. I haven't seen my baby boy in forever." She says with a tight smile. Her hands clasp together.

I have to restrict myself from saying anything more. I don't appreciate that she's completely disregarding Ellie's presence here. I can put up with it for now but if it continues I'll need to have a nice talk with her. Ellie is a part of this family and she will either learn that the hard way or the easy way.

While trying to ignore her comment, I turn to Enzo to silently ask him if he isn't going to have a stick up his ass.

He waits for a moment before answering. "Yes." He
agrees blankly.

Mar gasps dramatically again and covers his hand over his mouth in shock. "No way! Enzo- Enzo is spending time with his family instead of working!"

"I never said I wouldn't be working." Enzo retorts with a smug look and Mar groans. He flops himself back onto the couch behind him.

"I say we throw Enzo's computer in water. Who's with me!" Mar cheers from the couch but no one cheers with him.

"I say Enzo will kill you brutally." Enzo grumbles and glares at Marcello. Mar shrinks back in his seat and tries to hide by pushing Savino in front of him.

"Hey!" Savino shouts and starts to push him off.

• • •

"Papà..," I hear Ellie whisper and I hum a response. "Papà..," She sings out again and pokes my face, obviously not taking my humming for an answer.

"What, baby?" I question tiredly. I push my face into my satin pillow.

"I can't sleep." Her voice is below a whisper.

I turn my head back to look at the analog clock in my room.

Six in the morning. Shit.

I groan and turn back around, stretching. "What's wrong?" I ask trying to keep myself from falling back asleep.

"The sun is awake."

"Tell it to go back to bed. Papà is tired." I rasp out tiredly. The room is quiet for a moment.

I start to fall back asleep but that isn't in Ellie's schedule. "Sun, go back to asleep.." She whines and I open my eyes and don't see her next to
me anymore.

I sit up in a panic but relax seeing her at the window on her tippy toes, trying to see the sun from the ledge.

How the hell did she get down from the bed
so quietly?

This whole getting out of the bed is getting hard for me to keep up with. Every time she gets down I'm worried she'll hurt herself.

I get out of bed, walking over to the window. I pick Ellie up and sit her on my hip. "Awww..," She pouts sadly, her eyes almost tearing up.

"What's wrong, piccolina?" I ask softly and she lays her head on my shoulder.

"Sun wakes you up." Her voice breaks sadly. I smile a little at how cute she is.

"Don't worry, piccolina, the sun didn't mean to."

Her frown turns into a smile again.

Kids are so easy.

I start to get Ellie ready for the day. I turn to my dresser to grab her dress for today but when I turn back she isn't on the bed anymore.

Great. Why does this keep happening? It seems like I'm always finding her.

Little devil.

I scrunch my eyebrows together. I go looking around the room for her. Nothing.

"Ellie?" I call out but there was nothing.

What the fuck?

Where the hell did she go?

I start walking towards the bathroom when I faintly hear little giggles. I move away from the bathroom and follow them to our closet.

I walk in the room and see nothing right away. I can tell she's trying not to laugh again. A smile of amusement appears on my lips.

This girl will be the death of me.

"Ellie..," I taunt. Little giggles come again, louder this time.

I look at the source of the sound. Her feet peak out from behind my suit jackets. I walk over and pretend I don't know where she is.

"Eleonora.. where are you?" I call out using her full name. The giggles stop. Maybe the full name was a little too much teasing.

I slide my suits over quickly and Ellie lets out a short scream of surprise. I pick her up and start tickling her to lighten the situation. Her giggles fill the room and I can't help but smile.

"Let's get you ready for the day, sí?"

• • •

My three brothers sit down at the island while papà is over at the coffee pot.

"So.. what's for breakfast?" Mar asks happily.

"Make it yourself." I grumble and his smile falls. He makes this childish whining noise and I roll my eyes again.

"Has anyone seen mamma t-this morning?" Savino asks. Now I see why it's been so quiet.

"She left this morning to get some thing from the house." Papà says and takes a long sip of his coffee.

Savino is about to speak again but he's cut of by a scream.

Ellie's scream.

My brothers jump out of their chairs. I don't think I've ever run so fast before. I ran towards the sound of guns clicking and people running.

My guards have been ordered to protect Ellie. No matter their position. I've brought in more guards since the letter and since Ellie started getting more comfortable in the house. More curious.

I find the chaos quickly. "Mossa." Move. I command my guards and they move quickly but kept their guns out for precautions.

I get to the root of the commotion. My guards pointing their guns at Enzo and Ellie is pressed against the wall looking panicked with tears in her eyes.

"Lower your guns." I demand in Italian.

I bend down to Ellie's height and turn her head to me. As soon as my hand mades contact with her face she flinches back. "Shh, Ellie. It's papà." I speak softly and she finally focuses on me.

As soon as she recognizes me she jumps into my arms and wraps her arms tightly around my neck. I wrap my arms around her and I feel her start to cry.

I ignore Enzo, I ignore everyone speaking. I walk out with Ellie, going to find a quiet spot.

Enzo can be harsh but I know whatever happened
it wasn't his intention to scare her.

I sit down on the couch and sit Ellie in my lap. I think about how she flinched away from me and it brakes my heart.

"What did those bastards do to you?" I say quietly, more for just me to hear.

I rub up and down Ellie's back while she tries to control her tears. "Don't leave. P-Papà.. don't!" She whispers, choking on a sob. I hold her tighter to my chest, begging for her pain to disappear.

The pain in her voice hurts to hear, I want to take it away immediately.

I remind myself that this isn't a setback. Progress isn't always linear.

"Shh, piccolina. I'm not going anywhere."

• • •

"Is she okay?"

Those are the first words out of Enzo's mouth when he enters the room.

"She's better now." I say simply. Enzo's visibly relaxes. "What happened?"

He sighs, I lean back onto the couch. "I was walking down the hall and saw her alone. She looked lost so I was going to ask her where you were so I could take her to you but when I touched her from behind she freaked out." He explains. I take a deep breath to anchor my emotions. "I didn't mean to scare her, Valerius. I really didn't."

"Enzo, I know it's hard not to but don't take this to heart. She didn't know who you were and frankly your resting face looks like you're about to murder someone." I joke to lighten the mood. He just rolls his eyes. "You know she was hurt before."

"So you think she had some type of.. memory or flashback?"

I tighten my hold on Ellie's sleeping frame protectively.

I'm sorry I didn't find you sooner.

"I do."

I've never wanted to kill this much before. I want to cry just at the thought of my little girl being hurt and I want to kill those bastards just as much. They deserve something worse than hell.

And bargaining with the devil, they'll get just that.

• • •

"Ellie.." I sing out softly and brush her hair out of her face. I hear mumbles of protests and I roll my eyes playfully. "Ellie, baby, it's lunch time." I say, hoping she'll at least open her eyes for food.

Like predicted, her blue eyes start to flutter open and I smile in amusement.

It works every time.

I stand up with her and throw her into the air playfully before catching her again. She giggles. I kiss her cheek before we start walking out.

"I love you." I kiss her cheek and tickle her stomach making her thrash in my arms, giggling loudly.

My heart fills with love. My chest booming.

I'll never get old of this. I could do it over and over again for the next thousand years. Sure parenting is hard but with Ellie, it's the easiest job in the world.

We walk into the kitchen together. I'm surprised to see everyone in there and dressed. Mamma is cooking but Enzo is missing this time.

"Mamma, you know you don't have to cook." I say and walk to the fridge to get Ellie something to drink.

I feel Ellie tighten her arms around my neck at my mamma's voice. She digs her head into my chest.

I assume it's because of what happened earlier. She's probably just feeling shy.

"Oh no, dear. I haven't cooked for all my boys in so long! I want to." She stirs the pot with an exaggerated smile. I give Ellie a juice.

I decide to ignore her comment that totally disregards my Ellie. I change the subject. "Ellie, this is your nonna." Ellie looks at my mamma but mamma doesn't even spare Ellie a glance. "Mom." The non-Italian word makes her snap to me in shock. I hope she stays stunned.

With a forced blank face I nod towards Ellie who looks at her oddly. "Right. Hi, Ellie." Ellie looks away, hiding in my arms.

Ellie scrunches her face up and it contorts into a frown. "Mom." I call out again. When she looks at me I shake my head in disbelief.

"What? You can call her Ellie but I can't?" She asks stubbornly and I sigh.

Yes.

"Please.." I hope she'll understand my message.

Mamma sighs and turns back to Ellie who is clearly uncomfortable. "Hello, Eleonora." Mamma says simply and offers a fake smile.

I know that the fake smile is best we're going to get. I sit down with Ellie on my lap. I look to see my brothers looking at my mamma, each of them expressing a different emotion. I've never seen mamma this hostile before. I don't think they have either.

They're probably wondering why she's acting like this. Honestly, I want to know too. Papà is looking at her in disappointment.

Enzo walks in and quickly notices the intense mood in the room. He looks at me and I just shake my head. He looks for a seat and the only one open is the one next to me and I'm holding Ellie. I can tell he's hesitant— not wanting to scare her again.

I nod my head for him to come over so he does. It's clear he's worried about doing so. "Ellie, this is your zio Enzo." I introduce him. She looks over to him. She tenses for a moment in my arms.

Enzo looks at me for help and I silently tell him to relax his face. He looks back to Ellie and sends her an awkward smile. It's big for him, he never smiles. I actually think that's the first time Enzo has ever smiled since he was a little boy. All attention is on us in the room.

Ellie relaxes and there's a prominent pause before she smiles back.

• • •

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

602K 10.1K 56
(I plan to start editing Vol. 1 very soon. If you see any obvious errors feel free to comment them. <3) **This is book one of Raw Love** She is warm...
427K 7.7K 53
BOOK 1 - ( Mafia Series ) Arabella a 20 year old normal girl from the other side of the tracks with an abusive father and a druggy for a mother at 16...
45.4M 285K 22
The Mafia and His Angel, a love story of a lifetime - a love story between two broken souls yet they found peace in each other. #1 in romance, with...
1M 25.7K 25
Elena Russo has never lived a normal life like most. To her normal was having a constant bodyguard and not being able to indulge much on life at home...