The Fire We Started | Wildfir...

By amelierhys

{18+ COMPLETE} For the past three years, Bren Hadaway has been preparing to die. When he was sixteen, he wat... More

Foreword
AESTHETICS
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
FIFTY-EIGHT
EPILOGUE - MADELINE
EPILOGUE - BREN
AUTHOR'S NOTE

THIRTY-SEVEN

12.1K 567 338
By amelierhys

Bren teased me about being tipsy, but it was clear from his hazy, sultry gaze he was right there with me. Drunk or sober, I loved it when he looked at me like that.

Glancing down, I began to undo the buttons on my—well, his—shirt.

He was shirtless; it only made sense that I was, too.

But Bren stopped me, wrapping his fingers around my wrist.

"Don't."

I gave him a curious glance.

"At least not yet. It's hot," he explained with a shrug.

My lips tilted up in a tiny smirk.

"I wasn't lying when I said you could rock it," he added. "Besides, now I can do this."

I opened my mouth to ask what he meant, but Bren cut me off. He gripped the front of the shirt, using it to yank us together in a way that took my breath away. He covered my mouth with his, kissing me deeply. His tongue was coated with a raw sweetness, and I couldn't get enough of it.

Bren seemed to be thinking the same thing I was because he moaned, "God, I knew you'd taste good."

He used the brief break in our kiss to nibble on my bottom lip—as if he could literally eat me right up.

It was easy to tell just how tipsy Bren was by the way all of his weight was leaning against me; he was too lost in our kiss to remember to hold himself up.

So, of course, I thought it would be a good idea to take that moment to slip from his grasp and roll to the side.

Bren collapsed haphazardly onto the bed with an annoyed groan.

I laughed, and he shook his head with a reluctant smile, gazing up at me. His eyes told me that he was going to get me back for that.

Sounded good to me.

Standing, I took the opportunity to kick out of his sweatpants. Like the shirt, I really didn't plan on needing them. Luckily, Bren didn't stop me this time. He watched with open interest as I stripped instead.

Pantsless with only his dress shirt to cover me, I walked back over to him. He was angled sideways across the bed, needing to tilt his head awkwardly to keep his eyes on me. His hair was going everywhere as usual, his chest was bare, and his grey sweatpants were doing absolutely nothing to hide his erection.

"Fuck, you're hot," he breathed.

I raised my brows. "Likewise."

Bren smirked.

His eyes threatened to roll into the back of his head as he watched me approach the edge of the bed behind him. Leaning down, I pressed a kiss to his mouth, experimenting with the way it felt to brush my lips over his upside-down ones. I licked at his bottom lip as he pulled mine between his teeth lightly.

Bren grabbed onto my shirt again, holding me there so he could taste me over and over. Apparently, he was afraid I'd slip away from him again. With a slight tilt of his head, his lips slanted across mine as he tried to find the best angle to kiss me in this position.

Bren's tongue flicked into my mouth, and I moaned as it stroked against mine. It was different, kissing him like this, but god, it was still good. Good enough to leave me wanting.

"I need more," Bren gasped against my lips, apparently agreeing with me. He reached up to undo a few more buttons on my shirt, leaving it gaping open. And then he tugged, making it so I was leaning over him even further. My lips were ripped off of his with a gasp. And then I gasped again as he captured the tip of my exposed breast in his mouth instead.

"Bren," I breathed, falling forward and bracing my hands on either side of his hips.

I stayed there, letting his mouth wander over me as I stared down at his hard, bare chest.

Tipsy Bren was definitely enjoying himself. Hands ran all over me. Lips switched eagerly between breasts. But I squirmed above him, finding it hard to stay still with the way he made my body come alive.

And then Bren grabbed my hips and yanked my entire body onto the bed over him. "More," he groaned again, and his breath hit right where I was aching for just that. More. He pulled me forward a bit further before tugging on my hips one last time—bringing them down.

My entire body jerked with pleasure when Bren went to work with his face between my legs. But he had my hips in a firm hold, not letting me buck away, determined to flick his tongue over my clit again. And again.

"Oh my god, yes," I moaned, giving myself over to him as I leaned my forehead down against the sharp indent of his hip.

Bren gave my hip a little squeeze as if acknowledging my enthusiasm for what he was doing to me.

Because holy shit, what he was doing was amazing.

I wanted to make him feel that good.

My fingers wandered beneath the waistband of his sweatpants. I brushed them against his dick, which was visibly straining against soft, grey fabric. Bren flexed his hips in response, moaning against my clit. I gasped as the slight vibration rocketed through me.

If I hadn't been convinced that I wanted to make him feel good before, I definitely—selfishlywanted to now.

I slid his pants down, letting his erection spring free. And then I eagerly sucked him into my mouth.

Bren's response was instantaneous.

He jerked up as if I'd taken him by surprise, practically thrusting into the back of my throat. "Fuck," he groaned against me, drawing out the word as his fingertips dug desperately into my ass. At least, I was pretty sure what's what he said. It was hard to tell.

It really didn't matter, though. The only thing that mattered was the way we were driving each other crazy with our mouths. Bren was relentless, alternating between sucking on and licking at my clit, and I didn't know how long I was going to last. Especially when he began to simultaneously moan and groan between my legs, responding to the way I was taking him in.

As my orgasm rolled in, I lost all control. Not that I had had much to begin with. I rolled my hips, grinding against his mouth greedily, needing everything he had to give me. Bren renewed the grip he had on me and followed my lead, flexing up into my mouth with little thrusts as I sucked him. He was tightening, growing stiffer with every pass through my lips.

Bren and I were dancing along the same cliff. But he let me fall first. And then I think it tipped him over the edge when I came, screaming into my closed mouth, lips still around him as my whole body shook.

With a sharp curse and my name on his lips, Bren released too. I let him fill my mouth before swallowing and sliding my lips to his tip for one final lick.

But Bren apparently decided he wasn't done with me. His tongue had continued its toe-curling assault between my legs, and I gasped.

"Bren!" I cried out. I couldn't take anymore; he was killing me in the best way.

I felt his light chuckle, his hot breath on my sensitive skin as he pulled away. With a tiny slap of my ass, Bren released his grip on me. "Sorry," he panted. "It's just I could eat you all fucking day, Madie. I swear to god."

I collapsed onto the bed next to him with a breathless laugh, ignoring the way my body responded to his words.

Don't be greedy. You just came, Madie.

We both stayed there for a while, trying to slow our racing hearts. Bren flipped around so that we were facing the same direction again. He gave me a meaningful glance, his eyes taking me in. I returned the look. Because it was hard to find words right now. But we both knew. We knew that that was...something else.

We knew that we were something else when we were together.

Bren pulled me into him. His touch was gentle, meant to soothe me even further into a stupor. And sure enough, I drifted off. When I woke later, Bren was watching TV with his arm wrapped firmly around me. He'd gathered the blankets over us, making the perfect nest for the day.

God, it was perfect. It was easy to lose track of time, too. At some point, I announced I wanted to take a shower, and Bren sprung up to carry me to the bathroom himself—as if afraid he would be left out.

Beneath the water, he took to massaging my scalp, taking his time as he washed my hair. Actually, he washed every single inch of me, moving in sensual patterns that had me panting, fighting against the rising steam by the end. And then, when I was finally all clean, it took him no time at all to move us to the bathroom countertop and slam me against it.

Bren didn't really want to stay clean.

Turning me around, he bent me over, taking me from behind at just the right angle to send me reeling. The fog in the bathroom was thick and dense; it blocked out everything except us.

We were utterly alone—high up in the clouds, floating in our own sinners' paradise. Heaven had nothing on this. Heaven had nothing on us. I was touching Bren, breathing Bren, feeling Bren. And nothing else.

The only thing in front of me was the steam-coated mirror, our reflections hazy from the layer of dripping moisture. But in the heat of the moment, my hand flung up, dragging its way down the mirror in desperation. My fingers streaked through the fog, revealing Bren's face behind me. His wet hair clung to the side of his face, his jaw clenching as he sped up his thrusts. His eyes were downcast, but then they flicked upward and darkened as he saw me watching him.

I melted.

Most of the day was like that—a combination of cuddling, talking, and sex. And it went far too fast. When night had fallen again, I turned to Bren and said sleepily, "I hate that you're leaving me in the morning."

He'd been so relaxed all day, but at that, his expression tightened. He flung one arm over his head, and it hit the pillow we were sharing.

"I'll be back soon," he said. "I promise."

"How can you promise?" I probed.

I needed some kind of reassurance.

He sighed. "Do you know why I couldn't fall asleep last night and then slept in so late this morning?"

I shook my head.

"It was because my brain wouldn't turn off. I was up all night thinking about how I needed to get back to you."

There was no arguing that. So I stayed quiet, waiting to hear what else he had to say.

Bren gave me a shifty glance. "Around four o'clock, I decided something," he muttered. "And I don't want to argue about it, but I also don't want to keep it from you."

That had me propping myself up on my elbow. I frowned down at him. "What?"

"The police suggested that we plan a coordinated effort to get my dad."

"A coordinated effort?"

"They want to use me to get to him. And I'm gonna do it."

🤍

Wellll, thoughts on the chapter?

thanks for reading!
xoxo amelie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 10.5K 64
✬ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π”»π•’π•£π•œ οΌ† π•ƒπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ π•Šπ•–π•£π•šπ•–π•€ ✬ There is a crucial moment in one's life that determines the outcome of everything; well, as books and m...
186K 6.5K 32
"As you said yourself, you know me." "But I don't, not really," He starts, studying my body swiftly and making my breath catch in my throat. Shivers...
3.3M 109K 95
{18 + COMPLETE | FREE STORY w/ Paid Bonus Content β€’ COLLEGE SPORTS ROMANCE} Wednesday Elez's father immigrated to America so he could be with her mot...
109K 4.2K 34
𝐼 π‘€π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘π‘’π‘‘ π‘‘π‘œ 𝑏𝑒𝑔 β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿ π‘™π‘–π‘˜π‘’ π‘Ž 𝑙𝑖𝑑𝑑𝑙𝑒 π‘π‘–π‘‘π‘β„Ž. π‘†π‘œ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘'𝑠 π‘€β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ 𝐼 𝑑𝑖𝑑, 𝐼 π‘“π‘’π‘π‘˜π‘–π‘›π‘” 𝑏𝑒𝑔𝑔𝑒𝑑 π‘™π‘–π‘˜π‘’ π‘Ž οΏ½...