The Not-so Happy Ending | ✓

By yourneighbourhoodcow

Not everyone gets their prince charming, now do they? Life is not a fairytale. Let's get real now, shall we... More

Author Note
Characters (Main Characters)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Characters (Part 2)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Lucas's POV
1 k Reads!!!!
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Character Interview (Part 1)
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Character Interview (Part two)
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue: The End
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #2.5
Bonus Chapter #3
Bonus Chapter #4
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 1)
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 2)
Bonus Chapter #5
Bonus Chapter #1 (Maddison & Lucas)

Chapter 36

842 32 26
By yourneighbourhoodcow

Hey guys! How are y'all. I think TNsHE is soon going to come to an end. 10 Or 5 more chapters, I am yet to decide and then an epilogue and maybe some bonus chapters (you can message me want kind of bonus chapters you may want). Anyway, I was thinking of doing a character interview and maybe an author interview or something. 

Dropdown your questions for the particular character here: (If you don't want to comment you can drop me a message with ur questions and who it is for)

Ethan >>>>

Amelia >>>>

Lucas >>>>

Madison >>>>

Andrew >>>>

Chase >>>>

Valentina >>>>

Nicole >>>>

Chuck >>>>

Adrian >>>>

And last but not the least Me (If u want to lol) >>>>

If we have enough questions then I and the characters will answer all those and you will be able to see all the answers by, say Thursday? If not then we will wait till we get questions.

Anyway, here is the chapter hope you enjoy it! Please vote and comment!

(Amelia's Point of View)

I wake up the next morning due to the sunlight coming through the windows. We forgot to close the curtains.

I groan and turn my body the other side and bury my face into Ethan's chest. He groans and buries his face in my hair and tightens both his arms around me. "What's the time?" I mumble into his chest. "Time to sleep." He mumbles back and I giggle at his answer before turning back around (hence causing him to groan in annoyance) and reach for my phone that is on the nightstand.

I turn on the screen and read the time. 11:05. My eyes widen, "Ethan! We have to get up, Adrian and Mary reach home in sometime." I say as I try to get up. "Five more minutes." He whines. "Ethan no. We have to change the sheets and get ready." I say as I move in his arms trying to get up.

"Change the sheets, hmm? I wonder why." He says and I can hear the smirk in his voice. "Shut up." I mumble, my cheeks a shade of pink. He finally lets go of me and I get up, and straighten Ethan's shirt that I am wearing.

I feel something below my feet. I furrow my eyebrows and bend down to pick it up. I stand up and see it's a condom wrapper and I am sure my face is as red as a tomato as all the memories from last night fill my head.

"What are you looking at?" Ethan's sleepy voice asks. "Nothing." I mumble as I throw the condom wrapper in the dustbin right next to the nightstand. "Mhm." Ethan mumbles.

I proceed to walk to the bathroom but stop when I feel some ache and soreness in... my lady region. I stop walking and take support from the wall next to me.

I am going to be honest... Last night was great. Ethan was careful and very gentle. It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. It was just a bit uncomfortable at first but then it got better. Ethan wanted to stop when he saw my eyes become a bit glossy, but I told him I was just trying to get used to it. And then it started getting better. It was getting pleasurable and that's when the room filled with both our moans and mosty my screams.

"You okay there?" I hear Ethan's concerned voice ask. "Yeah... Just feeling a bit sore." I say as I look back at him.

He is half sitting and half lying down on the bed. He is balancing himself on his elbows and is looking at me. The comforters are just covering his lower half, hence exposing his bare chest. His neck has a few hickeys on them and his shoulder has a few nail marks and I can bet his back has a few nail scratch marks I might have made last night.

My eyes travel back up to his face and I see he is smirking at me. "Stop." I mumble. "I am not even doing anything." He chuckles. "Well wear a shirt." I say as I cross my arms. "Well I would. But you are wearing my shirt." He says as his eyes trail down my body.

I shake my head at him before walking (very slowly may I add) to the bathroom. I pick up my brush and start to brush my teeth. Just then Ethan walks into the bathroom with nothing more than his boxers on. "How are you feeling?" He asks as he picks up his brush, puts toothpaste on it and starts brushing while standing behind me.

"I am fine. As I told you, just a bit sore, but fine." I say as I spit in the sink. "I am sorry." He says as he looks down at me. "It's honestly fine. I knew it was going to hurt." I shrug. He nods and wraps his one arm around my waist as he bends down and spits in the sink.

We brush our teeth, change the sheets and get dressed a bit more appropriately before going down.

I make my way into the kitchen, Ethan following close behind. I open the cabinets and take out the oatmeal mix.

I open the box and proceed to make it just as Ethan takes out the orange juice and milk out the fridge.

We both set up breakfast for the two of us and save some for Mary and Adrian just in case they are hungry and haven't had breakfast yet.

We sat down on the bar stools and hand our breakfast, all while Ethan kept one of our hands intertwined.

Ever since last night he has been touchy, and I would be lying if I said I didn't like it. Even when I was making breakfast he had his arms wrapped around me and was placing small kisses on my jaw and neck.

"School starts in 2 days." Ethan says. "Mhm. I wish we didn't have school at all." I say as I eat my last bit of oatmeal and take mine and Ethan's bowl and place it in the sink.

Just then the doorbell rings. I rush to the door and open it with a huge smile, thinking it was Adrian and Mary. But my smile defects to a look of confusion when I see a delivery guy.

"Hi. I am looking for... Amelia Waston?" The guy says as he reads my name on the rectangular paper.

"Um... That's me I guess." I mumble. "Right. Well here is a deliverer for you. Could you please just sign... Here." He says and passes me a piece of paper.

"Sure." I mumble and sign the paper. He takes it and leaves.

I look at the paper and my eyes widen when I see the sender's name is my mom's and the address is of my old house.

"Who is it?" I hear Ethan's voice. "Um, nothing." I mumble. I hear his footsteps behind me, but I am too shocked with the letter in my hand.

I stare at my mother's name on the corner of the envelope and blink multiple times waiting for it to dispaper. I know it can't be possible, I mean why would she want to write to me? But the name does not vanish. No it remains there, the black ink a bit smudged as if the letter was written in quite a bit of a hurry.

"What's that?" Ethan's voice asks from behind me. "A letter. From my mom." I say, the last part a whisper. "What?" He asks. "Um, I am going to be in my room. Breakfast is set up for Adrian and Mary, if they're hungry. I- I just need sometime to myself as I read this." I say as I gesture to the letter.

"Okay, but call me if you need anything, alright?" He says. I nod and peck him on his lips softly before rushing off to my room, closing and locking the door behind me.

I sit next to the foot of my bed. My back supported by my bed, my knees close to my chest as I stare down at the letter in my hands.

I release a sigh as I turn the letter over and finally open it. I take out the neatly folded piece of paper out and am taken by surprise when a necklace falls out too.

I furrow my eyebrows and put the necklace aside before opening the letter.

I just stare at the words, not reading but just staring. I close my eyes, before opening them and finally gathering up the courage to read the letter.

Dear Amelia,

I don't know how to start this letter or what to say. I admit, I have been the worst mother... I can't even call myself a mother, since I never was one. Amelia the day you were born... Believe it or not was the happiest day of my life.

When I looked into your grey and blueish eyes for the first time, a smile made its way onto my face. At that moment all I could think of was how I ever even thought of... killing such a beautiful angel like you.

You always looked like Jackson, ever since the day you were born it was clear as day you were his daughter. You brought so many memories back to me, memories of him that I had to push myself away from you. I was scared, scared that one day you will walk out on me like everyone else did. I was scared you would just... give me up. The way my parents did, when they married me off to Jackson.

My wedding was traumatizing at first, with the both of us yelling at each other and annoyed because we knew our wedding was done off a business deal, we knew there was no love. When I met Jackson, he was already heartbroken, by his ex lover. When we started getting close, I thought maybe I could fill that gap for him, maybe I could make his pain disappear. But I was wrong, I thought he was in love with me, while really he was not. He thought he loved me, but he didn't.

It was a story in which the both of us thought we fell and caught each other. But in reality, one thought they did while the other already had fallen, too hard, no one there to catch them.

Amelia... I spent 18 years of my life waiting for him. I spent 18 years of my life not being there for you as a mother. I spent 18 years of my life self pitying myself.

I regret it, I regret all of it now. When you came to meet me 3 days ago, you opened my eyes and showed me the truth. You told me how I was being pathetic and how even a person even like me deserves better than waiting for a man who is happily married with kids.

Amelia you told me how it was time to close this damn chapter of my life. This one chapter I believed was the book. Truth to be told, I thought Jackson was always the book and not a chapter. But he was not, he was just multiple chapters of my life.

No one is ever the book, only you, yourself are the book. People enter your story, some stay with you for a few chapters while the others stay till the end. Before Jackson there were so many chapters in my life, he couldn't be the book. He was part of a few chapters and I kept dragging him into more chapters than I should have, now it's time to finally remove him from the book, from my story.

When we fall in love, we always think that person is everything. That they are the whole book. But their not, there were so many chapters before them, they just joined along the way and you have no clue how long they will be in your book.

Amelia, 3 days ago, you told me to move on, and I think I am going to do it. I am moving to Paris, for college. I always wanted to major in arts and finally I am going to do it. I had sent in my college application months ago but was too scared to open it and just yesterday I saw I got in.

I decided this was a great way to start a fresh. I am going to leave everything behind and for once risk and take this chance. I thought about taking you with me, maybe fixing our bond and being a mother to you. But that would be selfish of me. Amelia you don't need me.

I met with Jackson yesterday. Him and his whole family. He seemed happy, the way he looked at Leslie was how I looked at him. Jackson told me about your boyfriend, Ethan, if I am not wrong? He told me how Ethan looked at you and how much in love both of you seemed. I was happy, happy you have someone.

Amelia, I finally understood how I don't need a person to love me, if first I learn to love myself. You were right, I need to find myself. Even if I decided to stay back here and try to fix things with you and be a mother I wouldn't be able to. Because to be a mother I first need to find myself.

Jackson told me yesterday how we wanted to have the father daughter relation with you. He told me how he was happy when you sent him and his family a christmas hamper. He told me how he wants you to be part of the family.

Don't push him away. I spent too much time pushing him away from you when you were younger. I think he deserves a chance to be your father. He may have not been there for you physically Amelia, but he was there for you, always was. From providing you basic things like an education to sending you small gifts on your birthday, writing letters to you. I never gave them to you, my jealous and broken side was too angry to give it to you. I was jealous of how he wanted to be there for you and not me.

Amelia, give a chance to Jackson and then take whatever discussion you want to.

I know I am no one to tell you this. That I don't deserve to give you advice and redeem myself to you. I was a horrible person to you, I made you miss out on the basic things of your childhood, I left you empty and insecure in so many ways and I hate myself for it.

I wasn't there for you. I gave you too much to deal with. I verbally assaulted you and saw you have panic attacks but never did anything to help you.

As a mother I failed, as a daughter I failed and as a human I failed. And I don't know how much time I have left in this world, but I want to start afresh, I want to forget and be forgiven and start something new that will maybe help me find that one part of myself that I buried deep down years ago.

I am ready to let you go.... Let go of you, even though I never had you. I know you can't forget, neither can I. You deserve better of a mother and I saw the way Leslie talked about you. She would be a great mother Amelia.

As selfish this sounds, I am not ready to be a mother. Especially to a special angel like you.

As you're reading this, I am probably boarding a flight to Paris.

Amelia I know you will do great things ahead.

I know you will have a family and will be a great mother and will not repeat my mistakes.

Also, the necklace that was with this letter is the necklace your dad, yes Jackson sent to you on your 10th birthday. I never gave it to you but you deserve to have it. The necklace holds a special place in his heart, and probably your heart too.

Amelia, I know what I did was unforgivable. But I am sorry. I hope one day you can forgive me.

I am honored I was able to give birth to such an amazing and strong girl like you.

Always know that I deep down always loved you, and still do and will remain to do so.

Love,

Claire.

I read the letter over and over again until my eyes were hurting. Tears were rolling down my cheek. And I was biting my bottom lip to contain my sobs. I didn't know how long I just sat there staring at the piece of paper, maybe it was seconds or minutes or hours but I didn't care.

I finally looked down at the necklace. I put the letter down, wiped my face with the back of my hand and picked up the silver chain.

There was a locket attached to it, a heart locket to be exact. I opened it. There on one side was a picture of me when I was probably 8 or 9, smiling with my brown hair flying all around the place. On the other side of the locket was a picture of my father. He was smiling in the exact same way as me, his brown hair and grey blueish eyes shining the same way as mine. On the back of the locket the words, "Love, always" are engraved.

He was always there...

I stare down at the picture, my eyes blurry from the tears that are flowing for some reason. I don't know how he got the picture of me, but somehow I am happy, happy to know even if my mother didn't let him be there for me, he was there.

Even though he had a family, a perfect one he still was there for me. Trying to be as much as a father he could even if he couldn't tell me or show me he was there.

My mom, I forgive her. Even after all the things I forgive her. We both needed closure from each other and we got it. We set each other free and moved on. She is probably on a flight to Paris to achieve her dreams. I don't know when I may see her again, probably never. But I hope she finds herself and maybe finds a person to spend her life with and get a second chance at being a mother.

Right now, I somehow feel way more light and... free..

"Lia?" I hear a knock on my door.

"Yeah?" I ask as I get up, locket and letter both in my hand. "Are you okay? You have been in there for more than an hour." Ethan says. I open the door and see him standing there with a worried expression.

When he sees my tear stained cheeks his eyes widen. "I am fine. Just a bit emotional at the minute." I giggle. "Okay.." His eyes dart down to the letter and locket.

"Can you help me put this on?" I ask as I lift up the locket. "Sure." He says and takes it from my hands lightly.

I turn around and he gently places it on my neck, locking it at the back as his warm breath fans my neck.

Once I turn back around, he pecks my lips. "You want to talk about it?" He asks, gesturing to the letter.

I would, I can't not tell something to Ethan. I always want him to know most things for some reason.

I nod. I let him in and he closed the door behind him. Both of us get cuddled up on my bed and I tell him about everything. From my mom to my dad. Every detail I could give and he sits there listening to me as one of his hands caresses my back, the other wrapped around me tightly, squeezing me reassuringly when at some parts my voice wavered slightly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3K 914 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
14.6K 393 15
I watched as he rubbed the back of his neck and turned around, walking away but stopping after a few steps and he turned around to face me, with a sm...
299K 6.4K 52
Ethan Lane was your typical player. He was smooth, handsome, manly, successful and a total chick magnet. Women loved him and men wanted to be him. He...
505K 12K 38
No. 1 in car! Amelia Banks isn't your typical girl, knowing all there's is to know about cars, racing and mechanics can make someone an outcast. Des...