The Art Of Having No Idea ~ H...

By ItsAFanThingOk

Life for Sophia takes a sudden turn when Harry enters it. Shes older than him, a single mum and not into the... More

~ CHARACTERS ~
~ BACKGROUND INFO ~
~ ONE ~
~ TWO ~
~ THREE ~
~ FOUR ~
~ FIVE ~
~ SIX ~
~ SEVEN ~
~ EIGHT ~
~ NINE ~
~ TEN ~
~ ELEVEN ~
~ THIRTEEN ~
thank you!
~ FOURTEEN ~
~ FIFTEEN ~
Freezy Five!
~ SIXTEEN ~
~ SEVENTEEN ~
~ EIGHTEEN ~
~ NINETEEN ~
~ TWENTY ~
~ update & stuff ~
~ Twenty One ~
~ Twenty Two ~
~ Twenty Three ~
~ Twenty Four ~
~ Twenty Five ~
~ Twenty Six ~
~ Twenty Seven ~
~ Twenty Eight ~
~ Twenty Nine ~
~ Thirty ~
~ Thirty One ~
authors note ~ 26/07/21
~ Thirty Two ~
~ Thirty Three ~
apologies
~ Thirty Four ~
~ Thirty Five ~
~ Thirty Six a ~
~ Thirty Six b ~
~ Thirty Seven ~
~ Thirty Eight ~
~ Thirty Nine ~
Happy New Year!
~ Forty ~
~ Forty One ~
~ Forty Two ~
~ Forty Three ~
author's note 07/08/22
~ Forty Four ~
~ Forty Five ~
~ Forty Six ~
~ Forty Seven ~
~ Forty Eight ~
~ Forty Nine ~
Happy New Year!
~ Fifty ~
~ Fifty One ~

~ TWELVE ~

4.5K 56 14
By ItsAFanThingOk

(A/N- for the pics used in this chapter, imagine the couple as Harry and Sophia and that they're in the kitchen above)

Tuesday 27th August 2019

User12- can we talk about how comfortable these two are together? @SophiaWhite @Wroetoshaw

38 retweets 1,647 likes

User 17- Yes! I love this for her.

User5- who is she? I've seen this pic doing the rounds and haven't a clue who she is...
User12- she's Sophia White, her and her son was in the Sidemen become parents video.

User6- I ship it!
User12- same man! Saaaame!

User10- since when was this a thing? Where did you get this? Are they together? I NEED ANSWERS PEOPLE!!

User8- why aren't we talking about how he was at her house waiting for her to come home from the holiday?

For a few days after posting my latest vlog both Harry and I have been tagged in similar posts across many platforms. Dating rumours have been doing the rounds, so much so that even my dad messaged to ask who this new maIt's a weird feeling being 'shipped' with someone, this being the first time it's happened to me, because I generally don't spend much time around guys.

However, the longer we seem to leave it, the more wild these theories get. So I decided to 'bite the bullet', and I'm going to do my first ever non vlog video. See how it goes with filming and just go from there. The nervous, anxiety ridden pit in my stomach clouding my judgement for a moment, before I push it to the back of my mind. Something I've been getting better at over the last few years.

I quickly make some posts asking for questions for me to answer before spending some time in the garden with Cor. He leaves tomorrow for his week away with my dad before he goes back to school on the 4th September. Speaking of my dad, he is making his way down today ready to leave early tomorrow morning with Cor.

Cor and I make our way into the garden, to set up my camera and the swing tennis set so we could play a few games. I just know that I'll be the one to end up bruised from being hit by the ball with how competitive he can get.

"You excited for your week away with Pops?" This is something that has been happening for the past few years now, my dad's way of getting to spend quality time with Cormac, to do those typical boys things. The things he didn't get to do with Phoebe and I when we were younger, and that's only because we didn't enjoy those activities.

It's also for me to get a 'break' from parenting as he says. Luckily Cormac is a good kid, so I don't feel like I 'need a break' from him, but I guess having some time to myself to fully relax and get some mental and physical relief is good.

"I can't wait! Going to catch the fishys." I love how excited he gets, it makes me feel alive, more alive than I ever would've been without him.

"You've got to make sure you're careful with them though, get them back into the water safe." He nodded in understanding, a goofy smile on his face, making me laugh.

"Whens Pop's getting here?" I take my phone out my back pocket to check the time, 13:19, meaning that he's probably around an hour or so away.

"He'll be here in under two hours, and we'll go out for a meal tonight, how does that sound?" He nodded excitedly, whilst smacking the tennis ball with extra force with the bat, making it swing and just miss my face. A frightened squeal escaping me as I immediately stepped backwards and break out into laughter after seeing the look on Cor's face. He looked mortified that it nearly hit me.

"Sorry mummy!"

"It's ok baby, it missed me. Don't worry about it." He nodded, showing me a sheepish smile before getting back to the game.

After a few more rounds of swing tennis, we made our way inside to get some drinks and have a breather. Looking at the clock on the kitchen wall I see that my dad should be turning up within the next half hour, and I can't wait.

It's been around three months since I last seen him in person, and that was a quick weekend visit up north for Cormac and I. So I am definitely looking forward to seeing him, and having a dad hug.

Cor and I spent the next half hour watching some random YouTube videos in the living room, waiting for my dad to arrive. When he pulled up, he beeped the car horn twice, his signature move whenever he came to visit so that Cormac knew he was here. Cor jumped from the place on the sofa, running to the door, waiting for me before he pulled it open, practically leaping down the steps and into my dad's arms.

"There he is! How's my little man?" His strong northern accent standing out, especially with his slight Scottish twang coming through.

"Good! I've missed you Pop's."

"Oh I've missed you too Pal, I've missed you too." It's hard not to get choked up when listening to the two men in my life, especially during times like this.

My dad carried Cormac up the front steps towards me, locking his car using the button on his key. He pulled me into a tight side hug, making sure not to drop Cormac who joined in with the hug too, his arm squeezing around my neck slightly.

"Hello sausage, how you keeping?" The words came out as a slight mumble from the hug.

"Hey dad, I'm not doing too bad, how are you? How was the drive down?" We made our way inside, closing the door behind us before making our way into the living room.

"I'm grand, poppet. Glad that I'm here with you two, of course." He took a seat, Cor still in his arms, resting his head against his Pop's shoulder. "The drive down was alright, wasn't too busy out on the roads like, stopped off between Nottingham and Luton, stretch my legs. So can't complain."

"Oh not bad at all then. We're glad to have you here too Dad. I was thinking that we could go out for food later on?" Our conversation carried on carrying on from there, catching up on what we haven't spoken about over the phone throughout the three months we haven't seen eachother in person.

After a few hours of chatting, relaxing and just generally spending time together, we were on our way to Dinerama in Shoreditch, a place my dad has been wanting to try after it being recommended by a work colleague and it's only a short 15 minute drive away.

I stopped the car outside the entrance, my dad and Cormac getting out and making their way inside, whilst I went to park across the road in the multi-story car park.

~ Harry's P.O.V ~

Walking down the street towards a street food market place the Ethan wants us to try, lux and I were at the back of the group, Cal and Chip just a head of us and the rest of the Sidemen lads and their respective partners at the front.

It's not often that we go out in such a massive group, and to be completely honest I wasn't feeling all that up for it, but I gave in after all the badgering from Ethan.

The street didn't look all that impressive, not much going on and I just became confused when we turned up at these big metal gates.

This is where were eating?

"This is where he kills is cal... He's going to kill us and it'll be a mass grave in this absolute shit hole." All lux could do is laugh at what he thought was me being funny, but little did he know that I actual slightly uneasy from the looks of this place.

"Bloody hell Bog, is that what you really think of Ethan?" I obviously don't think that about Ethan, but this place definitely has those vibes.

"Of course not, but you can't deny-"

"Right then lads, here we go." Someone had opened the gate to let us in, and that's when I definitely had to eat my thoughts.

The hanging lights were what caught my eye first, the glow it casted across the tables in the centre of the area just creates a warmth that I wasn't expecting. The smell making me realise how hungry I am as well as the stomach rumble stirring from within.

Thankfully it wasn't too busy for a Tuesday evening, meaning that we easily found an area that would accommodate us all. I sat with Ethan, freezy, lux, Freya, Josh and Talia on one table, whilst the rest took up the neighbouring table.

I had a look around the area, seeing what kinds of places there is to order food from, spotting a pizza place, with a bar next to it. What more could a guy want?

I made note of our table area before making my way over to the pizza counter. Placing my order and receiving an order number and instructions to wait to the side for it to be ready. Within a few minutes I was joined by Ethan, Simon and Talia, who'd joined the line waiting to order their own pizzas.

"Any of you want drinks from this bar? I'm about to order myself a pint." Recieving two more requests for pints and for a tequila colada slushie I made my way to the next hut to order the drinks, quickly taking them over to the table and making my way back over to the pizza stand to continue waiting for my order.

After about twenty minutes everyone was back at the table, drinks half gone, food being devoured and second round of drinks being ordered.

"So Harry, are we ever going to meet Sophia? Or you just going to keep her for yourself?" Before I even had chance to reply to Freya, Talia added herself into the conversation.

"Yeah Harry! We are dying to meet this girl." Just hearing them ask to meet Sophia makes me smile.

"Uhhm... Well, I'm hoping quite soon, but I haven't actually spoke to her about it, so I don't know." Although I like Sophia, and I know the group will welcome her with open arms, the thought of her meeting everyone and being scared off still makes me nervous.

"She's lovely, and -sorry bog- and she's an absolute MILF!" The other lads that could hear Ethan started laughing, quite loudly may I add, whilst Freya, Talia and I rolled our eyes at his statement.

"Fuck off Ethan, don't even think about it." I threw a bit of my pizza crust at his head whilst letting out a small laugh. This only made every laugh harder, which of course drew a lot of attention to our table.

"You know it's true boggo, but don't worry, I know you like her, so I won't go near her like that."

"Aww he's blushing, you really do like her!" Yes, thank you Josh, point out the obvious there mate. I could feel the rising upon my cheeks, and I just know that I must look like a right soppy twat. I need to get away for a minute.

"Right, anyone else want another drink? Tal, what was the slushie like? Any good?" I stood and stepped over the bench that I was sat on before looking back at the rest of the group still sat.

"Really good, could I have another? The colada one." I nodded my head, keeping a mental note of it, Freya also asked for one whilst the rest of the lads didn't ask for anything. Three tequila coladas it is then.

I kept myself busy on my phone whilst waiting in line to order, only having two people ahead of me. I was scrolling through Twitter, seeing the posts that Sophia and I were tagged in about her recent vlog. They were right, we do look comfortable together in the kitchen, and seeing the posts made something bubble within me...

"Alright mate, what can I get for you?" I hadn't realise that the people Infront of me had already been served and had left. I stepped up to the counter and placed my order for three slushies, before taking my card out to pay.

Just as my card tapped the top of the reader, I was nearly knocked from my feet from a small body colliding with my legs. Looking down, all I see is a mop of blonde, mildly curly hair, one that I recognise from anywhere.

"Ayy, what you doing here?" He looked up at me, showing me a huge grin, hugging onto my legs tighter. I looked up and around the area to try find Sophia, but I couldn't see her anywhere. "Mac, wheres your mum?"

"She's gone to the toilet." I picked him and moved over to the side, waiting for the drinks. I carried on looking around, waiting to see her, knowing that she'd be panicking if she can't find him.

"Why did you run off from her? You know she will be worrying." His smile dropped slightly before he started pointing at someone, I turned to see a very tall, dark haired, older man. He was looking around for someone.

"That's Pop's, I was waiting with him." Pop's? Who the fuck is Pop's?

"Who's pops?"

"My pops! Mummy's dad." Ohhh, that explains a lot. Cormac then started shouting 'Pops', grabbing the man's attention, who at first looked relieved, then horrified and finally very menacing, which quite frankly scared the absolute shit out of me.

He stalked over to us, taking Cormac out of my arms before stepping back a few places.

"I suggest you leave right now pal, before I make you leave." I could practically feel the venom from his tone when he said 'pal'. What the fuck is the Donny on about?

"Wha... I don't... What are you on about?" I'm flustered, I can't get my words out quick enough.

"Who do you think you are, picking up little boys who you don't know." Oh... Oh! It all makes sense now, he thinks I'm some kiddie snatcher!

"What, no! I know him, I know Sophia! I'm not some weirdo trying to steal him, Jesus!" I let out an awkward laugh, scratching at my shoulder.

"Oh Christ sake, you're Harry aren't you? Put my foot in the one haven't I." Again the awkward laugh made an appearance, as I couldn't quite wrap my heard around what the fuck had just happened.

"Yeah, that's me. From what Mac just told me, you're Soph's dad, right?" I held my hand out for him to shake, may as well try make a better first impression.

"I am indeed, so I apologise for getting all worked up just now, hopefully you can forgive me." He shook my hand, which then made Cormac want a hand shake too, so of course I shook his. His little laugh making his Pop's and I laugh. "I'm Mark by the way."

Mark, Cormac and I chatted away for a few minutes, mostly about his journey down and why he was here in London.  By the time all three drinks I had ordered were done, Mark had got a call from Sophia saying she was waiting outside as she couldn't find them in here.

I tussled Mac's hair and shook Mark's hand, bidding the pair goodbye and wishing them a good trip away. After about ten minutes away from the group, I finally made my way back, drinks in hand

"Fucking hell Bog! Get lost out there did you?"

Word count- 2658

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 18.7K 62
Not all goes to plan when Mila Harvey gets whisked away on an all expenses paid holiday with her two best friend's, a group of people she's neve...
159K 1.4K 53
SEQUEL TO MINIMINTER'S SISTER "Sophie Minter...we are going to have the most perfect children one day, I'd bet on it." "Careful, you sound like Freya...
8.4K 178 65
"For the first, and only time in his life, Harry wished he could trade places." Navigating distance wasn't a problem, and Harry wanted it to work mor...
51K 691 50
❝Harry makes me feel something others don't, or should I say, can't. I feel different. New, confident, free, hopeful, strong. Everything I want to be...