A Second Chance {Nightmare x...

By midnightthebee

You and Nightmare were best friends. With her unique soul, Nightmare always found it easy to talk to her. The... More

Prologue
~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~11~
Holiday Special
~12~
~13~
Not a chapter, but I have an idea
Okay, poll time
Le Other Story
~15~

~14~

1.8K 63 162
By midnightthebee

A/N: MoTiVaTiOn Is ThAt YoU? iTs BeEn So LoNg!!!

🖤

I walk up the stairs, making sure to keep a hold of (Y/N). I don't want her to get lost. Now that I think about it, her sense of direction seems to have worsened. 

"Why do you keep getting distracted today? I've almost lost you twice already and I'm holding onto you," I say, emphasizing the last part to get her attention.

"Sorry, I'm trying to distract myself," she says, simply.

"Why would you be trying to distract yourself?!" I hiss in annoyance. I get a whimper in response. 

Was I too harsh?

"I'm sorry," I say. "I didn't mean to sound so harsh."

"No, it's alright. It's not your fault..."

"Then what is it?" There is a long pause.

"Nothing, I'm fine," she says. It's in an odd tone, almost like it's automatic. Like she's practiced it...

"(Y/N), are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about it!" she replies. 

Her mind was calm, but Nightmare knew that without many feelings, he wouldn't be able to tell for sure by checking her mental state.

"Show me."

"Show me."

"What?"

"Show me your soul."

"Nightmare, I'm fine."

"(Y/N). Tell me what's wrong or show me your soul," I say, trying to phrase it like a bit of a warning. She sighs, shakily.

"Fine, you win," she says finally, wrapping her wings around herself. I raise an 'eyebrow.'

"So you'll tell me what's wrong now?" She nods, lifting the cuff of her black jeans, revealing the bandages from yesterday.  The blood had started to seep through, and I wasn't able to see that thanks to the colour of her jeans. I mentally cursed myself for not noticing.

"Let's get you to your room, and I'll look over it," I say, picking her up.

"Nightmare-"

"Yes, but actually no," I cut her off before she can finish protesting.

"But-"

"No." She sighs in defeat, allowing herself to go limp as I carry her the rest of the way to her room. 

I use one of my tentacles to turn the knob and set her on the bed. Then I start looking around for the first aid kit I left in her room. Each of my members has one in their rooms, and I make sure that they always are full of all the supplies. I made sure that (Y/N) had one as well.

When I finally find it, I've basically made a mess of the whole room. I'll clean it up for her later. I glance over at her.

"You okay?"

"Just a bit dizzy, I guess..."

"Alright, let's fix you up... again," I say, getting a nod in response.

I try to be as gentle as possible while I take off the old bandages and visibly wince when I see her wound.

"You reopened it, (Y/N)," I tell her. It sounds firm, but I accidentally let a hint of worry through. 

"Yeah, I know," she replies, giving no hint as to whether she noticed.

"It reopened when the idiots were chasing you, didn't it?"

"Yeah, I figured survival was my top priority at the time." I sigh, making a mental note to punish those two eventually and continue on.

"This time, actually rest instead of working," I say once I've finished.

"Fiiiiiiiinnnnnneee"

"Why do I feel like I'll have to force you?" She giggles a little. 

Frick, that's adorable.

"(Y/N), you need to rest so that your leg can actually heal."

"But Nighty... I don't wanna..."

"(Y/N) (L/N), for the love of Asgore, STOP BEING A WORKAHOLIC PLEASE!"

"Okay fine... But only cuz you asked nicely!" I sigh in annoyance, trying not to smile.

Is anyone there...?

💛

I can't believe it. She's gone. Nightmare has her again.

None of the windows Ink left open show Nightmare's castle, so I have no idea how (Y/N) is doing. What if she's hurt?

I can feel my soul getting heavy as I think about what could happen to her. I can't even sense her emotions to check if she's okay!

No, you can't panic, you have to stay calm. Think positive!

Nightmare won't hurt her. He sees her as useful, somehow, right? If he wants to use her, she has to be alright, doesn't she?

Not exactly positive, but that'll have to do, I guess.

A/N: Motivation, why did you leave me? We got so close in the few days together... 😩 
Well, screw you cuz Imma keep writing anyway.

I don't know Fresh that well, his emotions are a bit weird so I prefer to stay out of range, but he seems like a good ally. He kept Nightmare's gang from hurting (Y/N) for a while. Too bad Nightmare found (Y/N) himself... 

That's not positive, think of something else.

Ink and Blue are really good friends, I don't know where I'd be without them. They've helped me a lot, and sometimes I feel like I don't deserve them. I don't think I'll ever be able to repay them.

Why not think about how you met them? That's positive!

I met Ink first and he was the one who set me free from my stone of prison. I wouldn't be here without him!

Actually, I was always aware of my surroundings while I was trapped. I was just unable to move or speak. 

Whenever I fell asleep, it would feel like a few hours, but in reality, it was usually years. I didn't realize it at first until I woke up covered in moss one day. It didn't hurt, I couldn't feel pain while I was stone. It was just terrifying, to know that the world kept going without me and I couldn't do anything about it.

You've stopped being positive again.

This is too hard for me to do right now... Maybe it would just be better to break into Nightmare's castle and save (Y/N) myself. But I can't. There's too much negativity in there, and those kinds of emotions hurt me.

But what if there was a way to keep negativity from hurting you?

Then I'd take it, without a second thought. But there isn't, and I can't do anything to help.

I know a way, but you might not like it...

I'll do it. I'll do anything to bring her back safe and sound.

Anything...?

Anything.

Alright. Here's what you have to do...

Words: 1061

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

643K 39.3K 103
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
464K 16.7K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
1.1M 44.7K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
2.2M 116K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...