Tempting Mr Rajvansh

By Tara506

Mishti knows what it means to be Elite. She knows the rules that are there and she's always followed them. T... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34 - Final Chapter

Chapter 31

794 113 40
By Tara506

"You can't follow your heart when it is more confusing than your head"

- Google

CHAPTER 31

Abir wanted to go to Mishti's house immediately. He ran out of the Bannerjees' place to get his car and reach her before she went home but a firm hand stopped him. He turned around to see Anya frowning at him.

Abir : I need to go to her. I need to explain.

Anya : All she hears now is that you wagered on her and doubled it the day you asked her to marry you. What do you think calls for an explanation here? Do you really think she is ready to listen to anything you say?

Abir : But..

Anya : Give her some time. She needs to process things and you need to understand her hurt, her grief. She loves you and you broke her. She deserves some space.

Abir : If I don't go immediately, she might think I don't care.

Anya : Go tomorrow morning. Try calling her or texting her but don't go tonight. She made the decision to go away from you. When she's ready, she will come talk to you.

Abir looked at the door through which Mishti had disappeared.

Abir : I'm sorry Mishti. Why do I always end up hurting you?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mishti sank down to her knees after banging her door shut. She finally let her tears fall. Though Kuhu and Kunal had tried to console her the entire way home, She had ignored them and waited until she got home to let her tears fall.

She was so confused. How could Abir do this? Did she mean nothing more than a wager? It didn't make sense. How could he be so caring if all he wanted was to win a bet?

And yet, he hadn't denied it.

And why should she not believe it? Abir Rajvansh would not have thought twice about using her for his personal gain. Hadn't he done so? From the very beginning? He'd bargained his kisses for her support of his sister. Why wouldn't he play with her feelings for a bet that would ultimately affect his reputation?

She looked around the room and saw her romantic novels lying down on the floor where she had kept them earlier in the evening to read and think about her own happy love story. In the eight years that she had loved Abir, she had imagined him to be similar to many characters - Quiet and aloof Mr Darcy from Pride and Prejudice, the sad and suffering Edmond Dantes from the Count of Monte Cristo, powerful and passionate like Mark Antony . But none of that was true. Abir was someone different. Someone real, or so it seemed.

Mishti : Anya and Forty lakhs? Is that why we spent all this time together, Abir?

Forty lakhs? Abir didn't even need that money. He was a millionaire. What would a few lakhs be of use to him? Mishti chuckled. She didn't know if that was worse or better?

Mishti stood up and began removing her jewelry slowly. A flutter made her look at the mirror and she stared at her list on the table behind her. She picked it up, her list that had somehow become hers and Abir's. The list which she had created in order to change her life and it had indeed worked.

But it wasn't due to the list that she had changed. It was because of Abir. She thought of the happiness she had felt just a few hours ago, the confidence that had coursed through her as she spoke to her acquaintances, the sparkle in her, as Abir called it.

She was forever changed and it was all because of Abir.

But now, She didn't know what to do. Forget all that happened and just concentrate on her new life with him? After all, she loved him right? Wasn't it enough?

She sighed. It didn't seem enough anymore. However, that didn't offer her any relief. If she couldn't be with Abir, How would she tolerate the heartache? How would she forget that she was so very much in love with him?

She had no idea.

But she knew she couldn't stay in this room any longer. Wearing only one earring, she ran out of the room and went to Naksh's study. Maybe some liquid courage would help her forget her messed up heart for a while. Entering the room, she halted just inside, surprised to find her brother seated behind his enormous desk, staring off into the distance. He turned toward her at the sound of her feet on the floor, and she watched as a shadow passed over his face.

She saw him as he said her name, his voice barely more than a whisper.

Naksh : Rhea!

Mishti didn't know why but her tears welled up once more.

Mishti : I'm sorry. I didn't know you would be here.

Naksh : Shh! Come here. Sit down.

Both of them sat in identical sofas that faced each other. Mishti pulled her feet under her as she smiled slightly at her brother.

Mishti : You know, when I was younger, I used to sneak in here all the time and watch Papa work. I used to wonder why he was so busy all the time when he was the boss. After all, he owned the law firm, Did he not? I used to think his employees were very rude and unfair.

Naksh nodded at her words and smiled.

Naksh : I felt the same way. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that all those things actually make work, and that Dad wasn't pretending.

Mishti : It was just some time ago that we were in here and you asked me to live a little and now once again, I'm back here. So little has changed. And yet....

Naksh (quietly) : Rhea?

The tears came then, silent and quick, running down her cheeks. She shook her head, looking down at her lap, worrying the fabric of her dupatta.

Mishti : I thought I could change him. I thought I could get him to love me. But... But I was wrong.

He sat for a long time, considering his words carefully.

Naksh : Rhea... love grows. Not everyone has an instant love match like Mom and Dad. Like Kuhu and Kunal. Abir has been alone for a long time.

Mishti : I love him so much, Naksh.

Naksh : Why can't you consider that he loves you too?

Mishti : He placed a wager on me and never told me, Naksh.

Naksh : And I am furious with him for that, Rhea. But... I cannot imagine that the wager was anything more than a point of ego for him.

Mishti : Is his ego more important than my self respect?

Naksh : Ofcourse not. I was ready to kill him for doing this terrible deed. However, I don't want you to jump to conclusions yourself. You deserve answers, Rhea. And don't find them yourself. Make him give you those answers. It's your right to ask and his right as well. He needs to give an explanation.

Mishti : I don't know if he cares for me at all.

Naksh : That's ridiculous, Mishti. I can answer that question for you myself. He does care for you and I tell that because he came to me before he proposed to you. I know he cares for you. A lot. That's why I allowed him to ask for your hand.

Mishti shook her head.

Mishti : You're wrong.

Naksh got up from the sofa and knelt as he hugged his sister who finally let her pent up frustration and grief. She drew back and smiled softly at Naksh's now soaking shoulder. She bent down and kissed his cheek.

Mishti : I'm ever thankful to God for giving you as a brother to me.

Naksh : I'm thankful to Him as well for you and Kuhu.

He kissed her forehead and led her to her room.

Naksh : Go sleep, Rhea. Everything will be clearer in the morning.

Mishti nodded and entered her room once more. She saw her phone blinking and picked it up. She saw that she had about twenty missed calls from Abir and even more texts than that. She read through them all but didn't answer his subsequent calls. Sitting on the window seat, she contemplated on what she wanted to do, the entire night.

Finally as dawn showed up, She got up and took her phone once more. She dialled the number that hadn't stopped calling her the entire night and when she heard his voice, her eyes voluntarily closed.

Abir (rough voice) : Mishti! Please listen to me. I....

Mishti : I want to meet you Abir. Shall we meet at the Starbucks in the mall at nine o clock? No, not now, Abir. Anything you want to tell, you can tell later. Bye.

She hung up the call and looked at her red eyes in the mirror.

Mishti : I don't know whether I'm going to do the right thing. But I know that this is the best decision for me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abir stared at the phone. He had been doing that ever since Mishti had cut the call a half hour ago. He didn't know what to think of the call. Since last night, he had been trying her hoping that she would give him one chance to explain himself and beg her forgiveness. But he had never expected that she would call him and ask him for a meeting. He was worried. Did she want to meet him because she wanted to end everything with him? Or did she want to forgive him?

He wished he had told her himself earlier. He wished he had never fallen prey to the bait. He berated himself for hurting her.

Abir : I'm so sorry, Mishti. I was... I was such a fool.

Anya : You need to go and tell this to her.

Abir turned to see his sister at the doorway.

Abir : Anya! It's so early. What are you doing up?

Anya shook her head and walked towards him. She stood at his side and the two watched the birds flying through the window.

Anya : The more important question is, Why aren't you at Singhania Nivas right now? I told you to go there.

Abir : She called me.

Anya's eyes widened.

Anya : Mishti called you?

Abir : Yes. She asked me to meet her at 9. I.. I don't know what to think of that.

Anya smiled softly and made her brother look at her.

Anya : Does it matter what you think? She's giving you a chance. If it had been anyone else, I don't think they would have ever wanted to see you again. Don't over-complicate matters. Just go there and listen to what she has to say.

Abir sighed and gave a half grin.

Abir : Are you really only twenty one? You seem so much older.

Anya shook her head.

Anya : I'm young, thank you very much. I leave the growing up to you.

Abir chuckled and hugged his sister.

Abir : I'm so happy you decided to stay here. I'm more than happy. I may not show it but I do want you to know it.

Anya (nodding) : I do know it. And I know you'll do your best to earn Mishti's forgiveness.

Abir : I hope so.

Anya : I just hope you realise what's in your heart as well.

Abir stared at his sister as she exited his room and looked at his phone once more.

Abir : Mishti! I don't know how angry you are right now. But I will do anything to earn your forgiveness and I just hope I haven't ruined my life by losing you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will begin updating Perpetually Mine tomorrow or the next day. There are only a few chapters left for this story

What is Mishti's decision going to be? 

Why does she want to meet Abir?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44K 3K 32
Mishti : Ab mei yeh natak aur nahi kar sakti Abir. You and I, it's over Abir. It's over. Two souls, Abir and Mishti, who hated each other at first b...
1.4M 86K 34
The world had always envied the family of Rajvansh yet had fallen on their knees for them. They have been powerful yet a family of criminals. And in...
34.9K 2.2K 13
It's Hard For Mishti And Abir Living without Each Other..They Got Married After A Crossing Many Hurdles, But May Be Destiny Wants To Test More, Livin...
3K 244 37
An arrange marriage story between a CEO and sweet middle class girl ABHIMAAN RAJVANSH CEO of rajvansh and industries 28 year old and most elige...