His Serenity

By Stella_Cadante

In the realm of guns, lies, deception and beasts, an angel was born "Damn it!" --- More

Author's note
Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1: Bruno and Ice creams
Chapter 2: Promises and Good byes
Chapter 3: The Island
Chapter 4: Back home
Chapter 5: The Ball
Chapter 6: Encounter with the ice prince
Chapter 7: "Why her!"
Chapter 8: Broken promises
Chapter 9: Dinner with the Vitali's
Chapter 10: Testing the Irish mob
Chapter 11: The "Keep"
Chapter 13: Forever mine
Chapter 14: Mysterious Alessandro
Chapter 15: Possessive and Gentle
Chapter 16: The Ice prince was very warm
Chapter 17: Athena Springton
Chapter 18: New School and Friends
Chapter 19: Trapped in the ballet chamber with the evil mistress
Chapter 20: Ice cream and Calculus
Chapter 21: The nightmare
Chapter 22: New feelings and heart aches
Chapter 23: Serenity was attacked
Chapter 24: A new side of Alessandro in the hospital
Chapter 25: Crazy and toxic Svetlana
Chapter 26: She was playing the Joan of Arc
Chapter 27: He forced the verdict in her hands
Chapter 28: He almost kill her from his outburst
Chapter 29: The O'Sullivan twins are back
Chapter 30: Redesigning his room
Chapter 31: Angry Alessandro is scary!
Birthday gowns for milady!
Chapter 32: Jealousy, Jealousy
Chapter 33: someone came to visit
Chapter 34: Bad boy?
Chapter 35: The Birthday Ball
Chapter 36: Birthday Ball-II
Chapter 37: The Birthday Ball -III
Chapter 38: Falling into their own traps
Chapter 39: Nostalgia from years back
Chapter 40: Revelations of facades
Chapter 41: the wrath of the previous generation
Chapter 42: New tides
Chapter 43:

Chapter 12: Wise words from Papy Fostello

57.2K 1.9K 676
By Stella_Cadante

" I heard the details from Don Romero. What the fuck is happening Alessandro? I don't get you. Testing the mob is one thing but claiming a living breathing human another. Weren't you gay? You were never interested in females. Your aunt has been going off my ears since the morning. She had already started planning your wedding and baby showers. For God's sake tell me what it is?" Ross Connors, Alessandro's very own uncle, ranted on the phone.

Alessandro anwered him with occasional hums and groans as he continued jabbing the boxing bag in front of him.

"Cazzo di inferno! Are you listening to me?" He yelled.

Alessandro slightly winced, taking the bluetooth device off his ears and disconnecting it. He sat down on the gym bench and brought the phone to his ears. "Yes,I am."

He heard Ross let out a string of curses on the other side, not that he minded. Alessandro knew his disinterested tone and vague answers were already pissing him off. In all honesty, Alessandro do not talk unless he was sure of himself and it was the first time in his life, he was so unsure of his decisions and future. He was driven by impulse and territoriality and the need to possess the red haired nymph. It was a rush resolution and one he would never regret.

Serenity Rose O'Sullivan

The enchantress that had made him question himself a lot of times and the fact that she didn't even do anything made it worse.

What was that about her that made him so sick in his mind?

What was it that continues to pull him towards her like a moth to the flames?

What was it that made him need her so much?

Was it her innocence? Her pure amethyst eyes that could be read like an open book ? Or the feel of her soft body against his hard one?

"ALESSANDRO DANTE VITALI! How dare you ignore me? Do you know who I am? If you dare not answer me, then I will-"

"Bye Zio." Alessandro cut the call.

He had far better things to do rather than hear his uncle's constant nagging. His father had informed him that they would be sending his brother Antonio and cousin, Simone to further assist him in his work and also for them to also grasp some experience. That wasn't an issue until he learned that Alicia would also be there. Apparently she had used some puppy eyes to convince their Dad.

Alessandro could already feel a migraine coming his way. Sure he loved his sister but she was also a pain in the ass. She loved to bug on him, irritate and annoy him just to get some reactions on his expressionless face. Now that the news of his claiming the O'Sullivan princess has reached far and wide, he could only pray, Alicia do not fucked it up.

He would be lying if he said he wasn't shocked at the lack of reaction from his Padre, the great Giovanni Vitali. He had even expected him to fly down to Ireland once the news knocked on but there was no questions from his side except one.

"Is it true that you asked for the O'Sullivan's youngest kid for your keep?"

He had said yes and Giovanni only hummed in reply before diverting the discussion on other business related topics. It was like he was almost expecting it and it only made it strange.

"Sir, Mr. Antonio, Mr. Simone and Ms. Alicia are scheduled to land at 2pm this afternoon. Should I arrange for a car to pick them up or would you like to go personally to receive them?" his P.A asked, holding out his towel for him.

" There's no need. Padre had already planned a chopper to bring them here and I believe Alicia has something to do with this." he muttered the last part to himself and took the towel to wipe the sweats off his torso.

He seized his movement as he looked down at the little piece of cloth.

White towel.

An amused smirk tugged up at the corner of his mouth as he fondly recalled last night's incident.

Such a adorable brave thing she is,

Serenity O'Sullivan

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ew Igor! I don't like blood. Please give me the white ones instead." Serenity pouted, pushing away her plate where Igor had filled a generous helping of black pudding.

Igor looked at her flabbergasted "You are not an Irish if you don't like this master piece! It taste so much better compared to that oatmeal pudding."

" I liked it before you mention it has pig's blood in it!"

"So what? Its good for people with anemia because its rich in iron."

"Please Igor... and I am not anemic now." she whined

"Anemia can return Seri if you don't take care of yourself." Igor sighed and took her plate away "Fine! I need to bring back the Irish in you. You are barely touching your plate except for the potatoes."

"I haven't had fry ups in a long time, you know. Mama Dido loves the local food there and it also taste amazing."

"What about eggs?"

"I like it scramble or omelet not like this, the yolk isn't properly cooked. See its runny! I don't like it."

Igor threw his head back and chuckled "Gosh! You are still that ever so picky brat when it comes to food."

"I am not a brat." She tried to sound offended but her smile betrayed her.

When they were kids, Killian used to run after her to get her to eat something and they would always bicker about what she should and should not eat. Her smile instantly dropped when she remembered Killian. Mama Victoria was still in the hospital with him. Don O'Sullivan had also rushed to hospital the first thing in the morning. She heard Papy Fostello telling Charon and Anushka that Killian was in surgery.

"Excuse me Sir and Miss but Sir Fostello had asked for Ms. Serenity's presence in the breakfast pergola of the lawn garden." one of the guards interrupted them

Serenity looked at Igor confused who nodded at the guard.

"Now, what does that old hag want?" Igor muttered

"Igor. Don't be rude. I will go see what Grandpa wants. Bye" She leaned over to place a kiss on his cheek and glided out of the chair.

"Good morning, my sweet Serenity. Did you sleep well?"

Papy Fostello pulled out a chair for her as Serenity wished him back. The sunlight simmers through its slatted roof and it blanketed the area in its warmth. Serenity found the weather lovely but what was even more lovelier was the food in front of her. It has almost all of her favorites- blue berry pancakes with chocolate drizzled over the top, chicken cheese sandwich, Arancini with thick tomato soup and a sweet pudding of berries and even a tall glass of protein shake of her choice.

"Oh my God! Grandpa...these are my favorites...h-how did you know-?" She gasped, shocked.

Her eyes glimmered like a child receiving Christmas gift from Santa. She hadn't had real food for the past few days. Her exile had altered her taste and Irish food wasn't really something she would comfortably gobble down and being the picky one, she barely touch them.

" I saw you wrinkling your tiny nose at everything at the table so I called Dido to ask for your favorites. I couldn't let my little warrior grow weak now, could I?" Papy Fostello grinned ear to ear making her giggle.

"And that's not all. I have a surprise for you." Papy then, picked up one big carton box from under the table and placed it on the chair beside her "Open it" he ordered

Serenity furrowed her eyebrows but still smile, looking at it curiously. She tore the tape and flipped the cover. Seeing the contents, she gasped looking at him wide-eyed.

"Goodness! Grandpa! Cerelac! . I love it! Its my absolute favorite. I eat it all the time!" She squealed, picking up a jar that says maize and milk.

Papy laughed out loud before reaching over to ruffle her hair. "Imagine my surprise when your mama told me you're still obsessed with baby foods."

"But they taste so good" She drawled with a pout.

" Alright! Break your fast, we have things to discuss after that."

Serenity ate till she could feel her tummy on the verge of bursting. Once they were fairly on the last bit, Papy Fostello decided it was time for some important talk.

" My sweet child, Do you know anything about the claim when a Mafioso stake on someone?" He started.

Serenity lowered her head and shake in negative, already feeling depressed with the topic. It was ridiculous in her opinion. How could someone just claim a living person. For Pete's sake, this wasn't the medieval era.

"It is an ancient practice, something we assumed from our ancestors. The mob and mafia were not built on easy grounds. There had been multiple bloodshed, angst, wars and many lives lost. Power and Respect is very important if you are a member in the crime syndicate household. It is how we live and how we will continue to live. If you are born into this life, there is no turning back, you do not have a choice. Don't you think we all want to have a happy normal life with a safe 9-5 job and a small 2 storey house with white fence and our kids running around playing Frisbee in our little lawn? We do, sweetie, we all wish for that.

But some things aren't written in our fate. We have a lot of rivals and enemies that runs deep in our blood. If we give up on the mob, it is like letting down our shields and exposing ourselves vulnerable, an open suicide if you say. The enemy strikes before you blink an eye. This system is only a one way entry and no exit. So we have to build our guards all the time. Alliance is one important thing, it is mandatory and of great value. The more the ally, the greater the safety. You cannot just trust anyone to be an ally, because trust itself is a rare gem. And for that, testing the supposedly ally before forming the alliance is necessary. A 'Keep' is given to winner to honor and respect him. It is also an embodiment of our belief in him and hence should not be taken lightly.

The reason I am telling you this is because I don't want you to be naïve. Innocence is okay but naivety can lead you to death."

"Grandpa.."

"I know, my dear. You must be scared and anxious of how the events had turned but trust me Alessandro will never hurt you consciously. That kid is a man of his words and I will see to it that you are never treated unfairly."

"Grandpa...W-Why are you talking like Athair will give me away t-that easily. He w-won't. Right?" Serenity asked shakily, her eyes pooling up with tears at the frightening thought. Insecurities and fear filled her mind as she looked at the older man for any assurance but there was none in his wise eyes. She gasped loudly when she realized what he meant. No! It can't be! Her Athair won't give her away to that cold brooding devil.

"Dear, in a world filled with vice and pride, there is only a little much to expect. Only Selfish succeeds in a selfish world. In the end its only you, you have to look out for.

Forgive my words but your Athair is a certified asshole. I am 99% certain that his decision will not be in your favor. Rejecting to give the 'keep' is a big disrespect to the winner. And pray if the Vitalis turn their back on the O'Sullivans, there is so much to lose. Your Athair is in dire need of alliance and as far as I know him. He will the place the mob in front of anything."

"B-But Grandpa. Ale-ssandro will kill me! He had already tried once. He won't spare me i-if I even try t-to breathe the wrong air. I-I don't want to die please. I am terrified of him! He is a monster!" she sniveled helplessly.

Papy Fostello sat up straight at what he heard, his brows frowned "Alessandro tried to kill you? When?"

"A-At the party, I went to find Killian. Camilla told me he is at the back garden. It was dark and I mistook him for Killian and hugged him from the back. He then slammed me against the tree and tried to strangle him to death. I pleaded him to let me go and he asked me 'why'. And I told him I am a good girl and I can sing lullaby and-" She rambled until she ran out of breath. Serenity inhaled sharply, her hands instantly clutched her chest as it started to ache. The remembrance of that horror night was taking a toll on her anxiety. Papy swiftly poured her a glass of orange juice and helped her drink it.

"There, there, my sweet child. Calm down. Its okay. Don't be scared and take your time." he cooed, rubbing her back.

Serenity wheeze, panting softly.

"Its alright...there you are. Don't cry..."

"I am s-so scared of him, Grandpa. Please don't let him t-take me away." She looked at him with her doe eyes innocently, shining with tears.

Papy Fostello kept mum and continued stroking her head to calm down.

"Some things are just meant to happen, sweet. Nobody can control fate when one is destined for something."

"I-I don't understand Grandpa."

"You will...soon in the future." Papy mumbled as though he was talking to himself before clearing his throat "There are three very important rules to be followed if he-"

"Grandpa please-" Serenity whined desperately. Papy Fostello silenced her by placing a finger on her lips "No, dear. Listen. Alessandro Vitali hates to be touched by women outside his family so do not under any circumstances touch him unless he initiates it himself."

Serenity frowned in confusion. But he was the one who not only hold her but also kissed her cheek two times. What was that about then? Why was it so puzzling?

"Curiosity is okay but do not get too curious with the walls unless you want to end up like the dead cat and I can assure you, satisfaction won't even bring you back."

Papy talking in circles and beating around the bush didn't help here growing anticipation and confusion one bit.

"And my dear. Whenever you feel your head getting in the way of your heart, stand under the rain or shower and focus on that one thing that makes you happy and safe. Do not fear to embrace it, who knows maybe it could make everything easier."

"What if he abuse me... sexually?" Her face fall defeatedly as all her hopes crash down. She finally admitted what was happening. Now she can only pray and tread the waters carefully. There was nothing to help her, nothing.

"If there is one thing I can bet and even put my life on stake, it will be Alessandro's virtue. Don't fret my sweet child. No matter how dangerous and evil he is, Alessandro will never let anyone not even himself taint your innocence when you are under his roof."

***

Serenity paced around the corridor trying to calm her ragging nerves. The nauseate urge to throw up was high and she blame it on her anxiety. She was sure even if Alessandro don't kill her with his hands, his icy cold eyes will compensate it with a cardiac arrest. The Vitalis arrived at the end of dusk to hear the decision and finalize their deal and as expected Conall had agreed to give her up as his 'keep' but he did asked for an oath that swears her safety.

Igor had thrown a fit and he was currently detained in his room locked up. Serenity's heart broke when she saw tears in his eyes as he looked at her ashamed for being a helpless brother. Nobody knew what Alessandro had in mind for her and nobody dared question it. Anushka had narrated some similar incidents that happened in the past and according to it, when a Mafioso win a lady as a 'keep'. He either marries her or keep her as his mistress. The thought of being married or a mistress to such a gruesome and cruel man made Serenity want to dig a hole and bury herself. She quickly dismissed the idea in her mind.

Heck, she was only fifteen!

Serenity shook her head at her useless thoughts. It was almost time for dinner. She had gathered up all her non existent courage and had been loitering at the dim lit corridor which leads to her Athair's office, waiting for a particular someone. Although Papy's words from the morning did help her lessened her fear towards The Vitali, she still was terrified out of her wits, she knew she had to do this, otherwise she won't be able to breathe in peace. Once they took her away from the mansion, she would be completely under his mercy and he may, perhaps even refused to quench her questions.

" What about the constructions at Limerick? When will it be done?" a gruff voice resonated through the corridor. Serenity flinch and quickly hid herself at a shadow in the corner.

" They said, earliest by 23rd and latest by 27th. The time is safe." another one said.

Serenity frowned and looked closely at the two individuals. One was taller than the other. The shorter man had a weird hairstyle that reminded her of Edward Scissorhands and she recognized him as Antonio Vitali, Alessandro's brother immediately. She concluded the other man must be Simon or Semon, she couldn't remember but she knew he was introduced as Alessandro's cousin.

If those two were already here then Alessandro must also have-

Her thoughts were cut off when someone grabbed her arm suddenly, pulling her out of the corner. She let out a startled scream in fright and a large hand instantly cover her mouth, muffling her cry.

Panic built up in her chest and she started thrashing in their hold.

"Shss...love"

Serenity froze when his familiar voice breathe in her ear, his back was pressed against his hard front and one arm wounded around her small waist while his other hand still cover her mouth. Their position was intimate and so close and she couldn't help but feel a shiver run down her spine in fear.

He slowly removed his hand that was covering her mouth and trailed it down unconsciously along the length of her arm. Her breath hitched and she gulped the lump forming at her throat.

He then, placed a chaste kiss on her left cheek and leisurely pulled away from her.

"Alessandro..." Serenity heard a gasp from one of the boys and her mind was too delirious from the moment to comprehend who was it. She realised they were watching her and Alessandro with shocked and thunderstruck faces as if they had witnessed something out of this universe.

"You touched her!"

"You kissed her!"

"For 1 whole minute"

"Am I dreaming?"

"No, we must be dead"

"No, its the parallel universe!"

"Who are you?"

"Are we on 'Just for laughs'? Where is the camera?"

Serenity stared at them wide eyed and at the questions they kept shooting one after another. She looked over her shoulder at Alessandro who kept an unbothered and blank face but his eyes were on her. Serenity blushed and looked away before clearing her throat softly. The instant clatter stopped and all the attention was on her. Her pale cheek flushed more red and she looked down shyly while turning on her heels.

"Can we talk please?" she pleaded quietly, looking around in embarrassment. "Alone?" she added when she noticed the two other Vitalis looking at her curiously and in shock.

"Come" Alessandro gently held her hand in his as though she was made of glass and pulled her away towards the door.

"STAI TOCCANDO LEI !"

"Oh Dio! Deve essere posseduto! Il mio collega conosce un ottimo esorcista! Posso chiamarlo per chiedere aiuto "

"Devo informare zia Lavinia."

Serenity turned her neck to see the two of them hurriedly pulling out their phones and dialing in panic. She tilted her head dazed. What was that?

******

Helllllloooooooooooo everything!

How was it?

Good?

BAd?

Or meh?

Fact a day about me - I am more of a dog person! BOW! BOW!

I know its boring but hang on dudes. I am down with cold and a sore throat. I am seriously praying that its not our dear Ms. Corona. I forgot to close my window in the evening and now literally there is a mosquito party on my legs EH! I LOVE SUMMER just not the mosquitoes that comes with it.

HAPPY Reading!

Stay safe, happy and smiling!

Until then,

Adios

-Stella Cadante

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.9K 2.9K 30
"He's so magical. He's the sunshine of my dull world, the absolute light in my darkness. His beauty consummates me, I'm captive under him." Or The Ma...
10.4K 179 24
A dengerous, cold and ruthless Mafia x A soft, cute and innocent girl Enjoy!! 🐨
191K 2.6K 43
He was dark.She was light.. He was a playboy. She was innocent.. He was rough. She was kind.. He was short temper. She was calm...