Perfectly Flawed (re-writing)

By booklovertash

#4 in General Fiction- Alex has not had the easiest life. After losing the love of his life he was forced to... More

Perfectly Flawed
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Editing
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
News
Major changes

Chapter 26

36.7K 1.1K 201
By booklovertash

Chapter 26

There was silence in the crowd for a few seconds as Alex walked up onto the stage with Philip. It was when Alex shook hands with Philip that everyone got over the shock and started clapping for Alex. Alex glanced nervously over at his family to see there expressions, his mother's in particular. He watches as his mother go from shock to angry.

Philip followed Alex's gaze to his family who were all showing mixed expressions. Philip himself couldn't help, but cringe at the look of Sofia's face who was ready to just about kill someone. Once Alex shook Philip's hand Alex wanted to bolt when he saw the look in his mother's eyes.

Alex made sure to take his time shaking hands of fellow team members as he walked towards where his family was seated.

"Hey guys." Alex said nervously as he watched steam come from his mother's ears.

"What was that Alex?" Alex and everyone was surprised how calm Sofia sounded when she spoke.

"What do you mean mother?" Alex looked to Emilia who looked hurt and confused by what was going to happen.

"I mean is this some prank you are pulling or what?" Alex sighed and look towards his father knowing he needed to explain.

"About a week ago Philip approached me saying he was leaving the company due to health problems. He had no one to take over the business and he didn't want to sell it off to other companies who would sell Braxton marketing firm bit by bit. He asked me if I wanted me to take over the business and after some thought I said no." Alex remembered when he rang Philip saying he didn't want to take on the company as he wouldn't get time with his family.

"If you said no then why the hell did Philip just announce that you are the new CEO?" Alex sighed and saw a few people around itching to listen in to the family conversation.

"Mother can we please talk about this another time." The look on his mother's face showed that she wanted this talked about then and now.

"No porque después nunca significa para usted."( No because later means never for you.) Alex rubbed his head and picked up Aiden who was standing at his feet.

"Please mother let's just please enjoy the party and talk about this later." Sofia threw her hands up in the air muttering nonsense in Spanish.

"We are leaving." Sofia dragged Fabian away from the party apologising to Philip on the way out. Once Alex mother left in a hurry Alex turned to Emilia who was looking at him with a sad expression that he didn't like.

"I am sorry I have to agree with your mother. I cant be here." Emilia picked up her bag off the chair and went to leave when Alex grabbed her hand.

"Emilia." He whispered as he watched the people he loved walk away.

"I need some space. I will get my brother to pick me up." Emilia kissed Alex's cheek whispering in his ear before she left.

"I wish you would have just told me." Alex watched as the love of his life walk away leaving only him and Aiden surrounded by people who he wanted nothing to do with in this presence of time.

Alex didn't spend much longer at the party as Aiden started to fall asleep in his arms. When Alex got home he put Aiden into his own bed and walked around the cold and empty house. Emilia had come and picked up some of her clothes leaving his wardrobe looking bare. He walked into his office and poured himself a glass of whiskey only to throw it away after one sip.

Sinking to his knees he wished he just said no to Philip because it seemed like at this moment in time he had lost everyone that was close to him.

The next few days were hell for Alex. Aiden was playing up and whenever he had to leave for work he would cry and scream and on most days Alex had to pick him up early because the ladies at the day-care couldn't get him to calm down.

2 weeks and he still haven't heard anything from Emilia. He tried texting her, but she never replied. He tired calling, but she never answered. It was coming into the third week when Emilia finally called him and asked him to lunch.

Alex was waiting for Emilia as he sipped on a coffee that he ordered earlier. When Emilia came in she looked around and say Alex sitting at the back drinking coffee as he seemed lost in thought. When Emilia arrived at the table Alex was so consumed by his thought that he didn't notice Emilia standing their until she rested her hand gently on his shoulder to bring him out of whatever got him thinking so hard.

"Emilia." Alex said standing up almost spilling his coffee all over himself.

"Alex." Emilia sat across from Alex as they both sat in silence not sure where wither of them should start.

"How have you been?" Emilia asked when she noticed the dark circles under his eyes and how sullen his eyes looks.

"I am doing ok. Aiden has been causing me some stress. His separation anxiety has been playing up again and he spend most of his days at the office with Philip and myself." Alex sighed and leaned back in the seat closing his eyes.

"How have you been?" Truth be told Emilia hadn't been doing to great herself. She missed Alex and Aiden immensely. She missed being waken up by Aiden jumping on the bed at ungodly hours of the morning or the laughter of both her boys as they chased each other around the house.

"I am doing ok. I miss you." Alex smiled at her and grabbed her hands from across the table.

"I have missed you too." They both fell into uncomfortable silence as Alex's hands played with Emilia fingers.

"Why didn't you tell me Alex?" Emilia finally asked knowing if she didn't she would burst with curiosity.

"I wanted to. So many times. I wanted your opinion as the new job was or is going to affect us. However Philip made me sign a disclosure. One word I would loss my job, credibility and most of my money, not that I care for it, but it would of meant losing you because I wouldn't be able to provide for you." Emilia sighed wishing Philip wasn't such a dick for making Alex sign a disclosure.

"Why did you take the job Alex?" The main question that was on Emilia's mind. Alex looked down at their joined hands as he took a deep breath hoping after this Emilia didn't leave him for good.

"I said no the first time. I gave it a few days and I rang Philip back saying I didn't want to take over the company. I knew how stressful it would be and I knew I would have no time for you or Aiden."

"However Philip bought me into his office again and explained a few thing. The take over is a five year process. Those first 4 years Philip said would be hard a gruelling involving a lot of travel, long hours and a lot of time away from you and Aiden."

"When Philip said this I straight out said no however he the explained during the fifth year everything would calm down. I would get to spend more time at home and I would have lots of people working for me keeping everything inline."

"I agreed because taking to job as CEO may be tough during the first few years, but afterwards I wouldn't have to spend as long in the office. I would have to go in maximum 3 days a week for no longer than an hour or two tops. I would be able to work from home and only need to be there or the final production of marketing ads and help sell certain pitches."

"Philip explained as the years would go on, I would relax a lot more as I wouldn't be in the heart of the work, but making sure everything within the companies all over the world were running smoothly. Philip explained if I wasn't able to travel I would hire and have a jump in CEO for when I am unavailable." When Alex was finished talking he looked at Emilia who seemed to be thinking about what he said.

"So you choice the job because in the end you won't have to work as much." Alex nodded his head hoping that she would understand that everything he does he thinks of her and Aiden.

"I don't know Alex." Emilia said unsure of herself. Yes Alex would get to spend more time at home, but what about the first 4 years. Would she be able to cope with living with Alex when he is never home?

"Emilia hear me out please. I know this is going to be tuff with me always working, but I promise I will try and make this work to the best of my ability. I can't imagine my life without. However with that being said I need to know that you are in this with me because if you are not I know I won't be able to cope with you leaving and neither will Aiden."

"He sees you as a mother and for you to leave our lives permanently." Alex can't finish the sentence because the thought of not being with Emilia sends him into a state of panic that will hold him under not allowing him to breath.

"Alex I want to be with you and Aiden, but I am worried that you are going to forget about us, me and leave us for work forgetting that you have a family that love you at home." Alex sighed not sure what he could do to reassure Emilia that he wasn't going to forget about them.

"Emilia I don't know what else I can say to make you believe that I will never forget you or Aiden. You are the love of my life Emilia. When I see myself in the future I see you in standing by my side married and carrying our child inside of you. I see us growing old together and spoiling our grandchildren and great grandchildren. How would I be able to forget you when every time I close my eyes or drift off into space that is what I see, hear and think?" Alex brings Emilia hands up towards his mouth and kisses her hands while looking into her green eyes that are shining with devotion and love.

"Oh Alex I missed you." Emilia leant forward across the table meeting Alex halfway as their lips touched for the briefest moments. It was like fireworks where set off where their lips touched and even if it for the briefest moment they both felt the underlying love by a simple touch of their lips.

"Promise you won't ever leave me again no matter how hard or how little I am home." Alex whispered knowing that he wouldn't be able to live without Emilia.

"I promise I will stay with you no matter how hard things become." Alex stood out of his seat and pulled Emilia from hers not caring who was watching and slammed his lips onto hers. Alex hands moved from Emilia waist to her face which he cupped gently as he let himself get caught up in the fury of emotions that were stirring inside of him.

Emilia was so caught up that she didn't notice people taking photo's of hers and Alex's private moment. When Alex pulled away he rested his forehead against Emilia's with a smile on his face.

"I love you Emilia." Alex kissed her forehead with a lopsided smile on his face.

"I love you too Alex."

When Alex got home with Aiden that afternoon Alex smiled when he saw Emilia's car sitting at the front of his house. Alex walked in with Aiden who started screaming when he saw Emilia.

"Mommy, you cam back." Aiden jumped into Emilia's arms and she was lucky she just put down the bowel of pasta.

'Of course I came back." Emilia felt herself tear up at Aiden's next words.

"Pwease don't leave again mommy. I don't want you to weave lwke my other mommy. I love you." Emilia held back a sob not real sing how much her absence effected not only Alex, but Aiden as well.

"I am not going anywhere Aiden." Emilia kissed the little boys head as her timer went off in the kitchen.

"How about you help me with dinner while daddy changes." Emilia took Aiden's hand knowing Alex wanted to get out of his work clothes.

Dinner that night was like Emilia never left. They all ate and listened as Aiden talked about his day and what he did at school. Once dinner was finished Alex cleaned up knowing he needed to tell Emilia about him leaving in a few days for a week. Once Alex was finished cleaning up dinner he saw Emilia sitting on the couch with her legs tucked underneath her.

Alex took a seat next to Emilia and straight away she knew something was wrong.

"I need to leave in two days for a week." Alex said getting it out there knowing the longer he waited the more it would fester inside of him.

"Ok, where are you going." Alex looked at Emilia expecting some kind of outrage.

"Alex I promised I would be understanding and you promised to try. That is what I am trying to do." Alex nodded his head.

"I am off to look over the main company in China. Philip said that I only need to focus on the bigger companies and not our smaller ones as they are run by the larger companies in the area." Emilia was glad Alex shared this with her even if she didn't like the idea of Alex going for so long.

"What is going to happen to Aiden?" Emilia asked knowing all too well that Alex couldn't take Aiden with him.

"I was going to leave him with my mother, but I was hoping that you could. I can understand if you don't want to as I is a big responsibly, but I would rather him closer to home so he doesn't lose the schedule that he is in." Alex kept of rambling and Emilia shut him up the only way she knew by pressing her lips softly against his.

"Alex I would love to look after Aiden." Alex smiled and kissed Emilia again lowering her onto the couch with him hovering over her. He missed this. He missed Emilia being in his arms. Her soft radiant smile that could cure any man's disease.

"I missed you, so much." Alex mumbled into the side of her neck and he peppered her with thousands of kisses to show just how much he missed her.

Emilia felt like her body was a never ending burning lamp as Alex gently skimmed his fingers under her shirt and along her ribcage savouring everybody and canvas of skin on her body.

"God I love you so much Mi amor." Alex whispered as Emilia couldn't help the moan that bubbled up inside of her as Alex spoke in a soft soothing Spanish voice that was like silk running across her skin. As much as Emilia wanted to continue where this was leading she wanted to wait.

"Alex we need to stop." Alex stroked Emilia's soft skin one last time before he withdrew his hands.

"I know mi amor." Alex smirked at Emilia's flushed face and the tiny love bits he left running along her collar bone.

Emilia wondered what Alex was looking at and threw her hand to her neck and she glared at Alex.

"Please tell me you didn't leave me with hickies." Emilia gasped outraged that Alex a fully grown man would do such a childish, pubescent teenage thing.

"I did no such thing. I just showed you how much I love you." Alex laughed as Emilia jumped from underneath him and ran to a mirror to see the damage.

"Alex." Emilia groaned when she saw the tiny red mark sitting on her collar bone. Alex leisurely strolled over to Emilia like a cat who just got cream.

"Don't worry mi amor, you still look stunningly beautiful." Emilia rolled her eyes which caused Alex to smack her softly on her ass.

"Hey what was that for." Emilia huffed with a slight laugh in her voice.

"What was what for?" Alex crossed his arms over his chest making sure to flex his arms a bit for Emilia.

"God you are playful tonight." Emilia suggested and wish she didn't when she saw the look in Alex's eyes.

"No, don't even think about it." She tried to threaten, but found herself laughing as Alex picked her up throwing her over his shoulder.

"Put me down Alex." She laughed as Alex smacked her ass again. When Alex got to his room he threw Emilia onto the bed before climbing on top of her.

"You are so beautiful mi amor." Alex said and he leaned down and kissed Emilia again. Even though they didn't go further than kissing and touching each other, they were both able to show and express their love without the need for sex as they held each other through the night content that they were finally together.

When Emilia woke in the morning she couldn't help, but hide her disappointment at the fact that Alex wasn't in bed with her when she woke up. She looked to her bedside table for the time to see a white piece of paper saying read me sitting up against the lap.

Opening it up her smile fell when Alex had written he was called in for work early, but left some food in the oven for her to eat. Emilia showered and got dressed and went downstairs to see Aiden had cooked for her and left a single rose on the table.

Emilia sat down not surprised that Casper came up whining for some of her food.

"Just you and me today Casper." Emilia said giving Casper some of her breakfast. Looking at the puppy she couldn't believe how big he had gotten over 3 weeks.

"They are over feeding you dog." Emilia said as she cleaned up and grabbed Casper's leash. After taking the dog for a walk Emilia rang up work saying that she could be coming in tomorrow to conduct interviews for a new position in her café.

Emilia spent her day doing nothing wishing she had gone into work today. When the afternoon came around Emilia check her phone to see a message from Alex saying her was going to be late and if she could pick up Aiden.

Smiling she grabbed her keys and went to pick up Aiden who was more than happy to see her.

As the months dragged on the less and less of Alex both Emilia and Aiden got to see. Whenever she saw Alex he was always tired or busy doing something as they watched tv. Tonight however was different. Alex managed to come home in time and quickly made his way into the house as the cool April air was starting to kick in. Alex's birthday had gone by and even though he didn't have time for a party he still went out for the night with Emilia and Aiden enjoying the little time he got the spend with them lately.

"Hey I am home." Alex shouted as he heard little thundering steps followed my much heavier ones which most likely belonged to the over grown puppy that Aiden loved to bits.

"Daddy." Aiden yelled throwing himself into his father's arms.

"I missed you daddy." Aiden said snuggling into in father as Emilia came into the room with a smile on her face.

She had missed Alex why he was gone. He had been gone for just under 2 and a half weeks at a company in England that was having some issues that he needed to work out with Philip.

"Daddy bought you something back." Alex grabbed his case as Aiden ran into the lounge room and waited for his father.

"I thought you weren't coming home until next week." Emilia said as she wrapped herself around Alex.

"I know, but I managed to finish everything ahead of time just so I could come home to you." Alex gave her a kiss and they both walked into the lounge room where Aiden was waiting.

Alex handed out the few gifts that he bought back like he did every time. Emilia smiled politely at Alex as he handed her the gift he bought back. Alex couldn't help, but feel like something was wrong, but brushed it off excited to be back home.

"Daddy come have alook at this." Alex followed Aiden as he dragged him into his room which was covered in drawing that he had done at school over the last few weeks.

"This is of me, you and mommy." Alex took the picture and noticed a baby in Emilia's arms.

"Who is this Aiden?" Aiden just smiled hugging his daddy.

"That will be my baby broder one day." Alex smiled at Aiden knowing that Aiden very much wanted a brother to play with.

"One day buddy. Let's go and get some dinner." Alex picked Aiden up onto his shoulder. Emilia heard the sound of giggling as she twisted her promise ring on her finger. Sighing she turned back to the stove and cooked dinner making sure to add more know that Alex was home.

"Mommy look at me." Emilia smile when she saw Aiden upside down as Alex carried him by the legs. When Alex put Aiden down he went over to Emilia wrapping his arms around her waist.

"What is wrong?" Alex asked softly as he kissed the side of her neck.

"Nothing Alex, I am just glad you are home, again." Alex frowned wondering what was wrong with Emilia.

"Emilia what do you mean home again, you make it sound sarcastic like you don't want me home." Alex said hurt at the thought of Emilia not wanting him. Emilia sighed and faced Alex.

"Look don't worry about it ok." Emilia turned back to cooking dinner giving Alex the cold shoulder.

"Ok. If you want I can help." Alex said trying to help.

"Look I don't need you or your help ok so go do something else. I have been fine on my own." Emilia shouted at Alex and Alex took a step back shocked that Emilia shouted at him. He wasn't trying to b oversensitive, but he was deeply hurt that all he did was ask to help and he got yelled at.

"Umm ok, I will, umm be with Aiden." Alex looked down at the floor and walked away trying his best not to cry. When Alex left Emilia sighed and rubbed her forehead. She didn't mean to yell at Alex, but she was stressed and wasn't sure she could do this anymore.

Alex walked into the lounge room not surprised to see Aiden surrounded by all his toys as he play with his trains without a care in the world.

"Hey Aiden can I play?" Alex asked and Aiden shook as he continued to play. Alex looked to see Casper munching in a bone he shouldn't be eating. Alex felt left out and didn't know what to do. He didn't feel like he was a part of this family anymore. Emilia didn't need him Aiden didn't want to play with him even the damn dog didn't need him.

Alex stood up and made his way into his office to work knowing at least something in his life needed him.

When Emilia called for dinner she wasn't surprised to see Alex in his office working yet again.

"Dinner is readying if you want to join us." Emilia said leaving the room. Alex followed down to find Emilia and Aiden already eating dinner even though he was a minute late.

"You guys already started." Alex said as he sat down where the plate was left for him.

"Well I didn't know how long you were going to be this time." Alex nodded as they ate dinner in absolute silence

"Ok what the hell is wrong?" Alex said not being able to take this silence and attitude coming from Emilia.

"I understand that I have been gone for a few weeks, but you are never like this when I return. What happened why I was gone Emilia?" Emilia sighed pushing her dinner away.

"Aiden why don't you go and play in your room ok." Aiden nods and runs upstairs away from the argument that both Emilia and Alex knew they were going to have and couldn't avoid.

"This last month you have been acting so differently to the women that I fell in love with. So what has happened to change everything that was going so well Emilia?" Alex asked.

"You Alex it is you who has changed." Alex was confused when he had changed he was still the same person.

"Me how have I changed Emilia because please enlighten me because I am having troubles grasping what I have done wrong. I am trying ok. I am trying to get all this work done as fast as I can so I can come home to you." Emilia rolled her eyes.

"Well you are not working hard enough Alex you are hardly ever home anymore. It is like all you do is work and work and work. Have you forgotten that you have a son who cries every night because you are not home to read him a story and tuck him into bed." Emilia yelled. Alex grew angry. Emilia had no idea what Alex was doing to himself just so he could spend as much time with his family as he could.

"You say I am not trying, but what about you Emilia. I am trying my damn hardest. I hardly sleep anymore just so I can finish the work so I get to spend that extra hour a day with you guys. When I travel all I do is work, never rest because I want to come home. Philip says I am working myself into the ground and he is right, but I am doing it so I get to spend that fucking extra 20 minutes with you guys that you don't seem to care about and brush me off to the side like I am nothing more the dirt of foot." Alex heaved.

Everything he did was so he could spend more time with his family. When he was in London he passed out from over working where the doctors found out that if he kept working this hard it would affect his health. They gave his sleeping pills to help sleep, along with iron and vitamin tablets.

"I am trying Alex. I am trying so hard to keep this relationship going. I feel like I am doing all the work. I cook clean and look after Aiden and I just can't do it anymore Alex. You leave for weeks and come back only to work. You don't spend any time with either of us anymore Alex." Emilia walked away leaving Alex standing alone in a silent room as thoughts swam around in his head.

Alex only moved when he heard the sound of thumping and grunting. He walked into the lounge room to see Emilia dragging two suit cases behind her. Thinking Alex knew there was no way she could have packed all her stuff.

"Where are you going?" Emilia nearly caved in at the lost look that graced Alex's face.

"I can't stay here anymore Alex. I can't cope with this life anymore." She whispered as her throat started to tighten up.

"W-w-what are you talking about." Alex was in denial, no this wasn't happening.

"I am sorry Alex, but I can't deal with you gone all the time. I feel like I am the only one trying to keep this relationship together. You come home work, eat, work and sleep." Alex stood still watching as Emilia dragged her stuff towards the door. Alex watched her disappear outside before she came back in.

"No you can't leave I can do better. I promise I will try harder I promise." Emilia shook her head as tears started to flow knowing this was there last goodbye.

"You can't fix this Alex unless you give up work." Alex ran his finger through his hair.

"I will, I will give up work. I will give up my position as CEO I will retire as long as I get to keep you." Emilia shook her head knowing she couldn't do that to Alex knowing how important earing a living was for him.

"I can't do that to you Alex." Alex shook his head. He would give everything up for her.

"Please don't leave, please you promised." Alex begged though his sobbing as tears ran down his face like waterworks.

"I am sorry Alex." Emilia took the ring off her finger and walked towards Alex.

"No." Alex took a step back. "You promised me you wouldn't leave when things got hard. You promised." Alex yelled causing Emilia to sob at the anguish in his voice.

"I am sorry Alex, but I just can't do it anymore. I am so sorry." Emilia placed the ring into Alex hand which clutched the ring not caring if he broke it in his grip.

"I love you Emilia. I fucking love you." Alex yelled as he watched as Emilia picked up her bag and walked to the front door.

"WAIT." Alex yelled as Emilia went to each the side of her car. Alex ran up to Emilia grabbing her face and kissing her with everything that he had in one last attempt to stop her from leaving. They were both sobbing as the kissed each other with everything they got as they said their goodbyes.

"I am really sorry Alex. Tell Aiden that I will always love him." Emilia said as he pulled away sobbing.

"I love you mi amor." Alex whispered heart broken and Emilia knew it was time to go. Alex watched as the love of his life drove away leaving him in the darkness that consumed the night.

"No." Alex yelled out as he fell to the floor outside his house.

"Daddy what wrong." Alex looked toward the door through his blurry vision to see Aiden in his pj's clutching his blanket.

"Go inside Aiden." Alex sobbed as he got off the floor and walked inside where Aiden was looking at him confused.

"Daddy where is mommy?" Aiden asked causing Alex to crumble to a sobbing mess of tears again.

"Mommy had to leave for a little while ok." Alex said and Aiden looked up at him with his big blue eyes shinning with tears.

"She will come back. Right." Alex bought his son close to him resting his head into the small boy's neck.

"I am not sure." Alex sobbed as he broke down sinking to the floor with Aiden in his arms rocking back and forth crying for his love that had walked away from his life.

***

Just to let you know, I have been dreading this chapter since I started writing perefclty flawed and I think you can all see why.

I was crying while writing this. Why did I do this. (Please dont kill me.)

WARNING this is not he end agian WARNING this is not the end of the story there are two more chapters left. :o

So I start univeristy Monday and i want to finish this story by Sunday *Finger corssed that happens. If not I am sorry

So yeah I just did that let me know what you think and if Emilia made the right decision to leave Alex and Aiden.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 761 15
A pilot, CEO to his multimillionaire aeronautics company but most importantly a baby daddy. Juggling the three together hasn't only been a tough a th...
18.8K 1.3K 33
Ellie thought she'd never find love again, especially after having her son, Noah, and the love of her life leaving her to raise their child alone. El...
58.5K 1.6K 25
This is a story of Ivan kingsmore and Hazel Woods . Ivan kingsmore (34) a billionaire business man , father of two kids is looking for a nanny who c...
280K 11.5K 38
|COMPLETE| 18+ I was a struggling mother with a pretty bleak outlook on life. I was jaded. Cynical. And always dripping in sarcasm. Men were full of...