Kuroko No Basuke Oneshots And...

By yetyoibabe

A collection of Kuroko no Basuke One-shots or Short Stories. (Character x Reader) *NOT TAKING REQUESTS ANYMOR... More

Author's Note
All I Want Is You (Kuroko Tetsuya x Reader)
Valentines Date Proposal (Kise Ryouta x Reader)
Obsessed Demons (Special Request Part I) LEMON
Obsessed Demons (Special Request Part II) LEMON
His Cute Confession (Mitobe Rinnosuke x Reader)
Sweeter Than Chocolates (Himuro Tatsuya x Reader)
Stuck With A Creep (Midorima Shintaro x Reader)
I Am Not Gay (Takao Kazunari x Reader)
Stay, Don't Go (Murasakibara Atsushi x Reader)
How I Love Your Voice (Hanamiya Makoto x Reader) LEMON
I'll Never Leave You Alone (Akashi Seijuro x Reader)
Trick or Treat (Generation of Miracles)
That Side Of Him (Midorima Shintaro x Reader) LEMON
You're Mine Now (Kise Ryouta x Reader) LEMON
What If They Were Your Father (Part I)
His Writer, Her Reader (Mayuzumi Chihiro x Reader)
What If They Got Jealous Of Your Child/Children..
Runaway Groom (Nijimura Shuzo x Reader)
Love As We Know It (Special Story PART I)
Love As We Know It (Special Story PART II)
Love As We Know It (Special Story PART III)
Love As We Know It (Special Story PART IV)
Easy Chair (Kuroko Tetsuya x Reader)
Say My Name (Akashi Seijuro x Reader)
What If They Were Your Father (Part II)
Once Upon A Time (Special Story PART I)
Reasons Why + Hackers (Rant && Explanation)
Everything For You (Okamura Kenichi x Reader)
Monthsary (Kagami Taiga x Reader)
Netflix And... Chill? (Aomine Daiki x Reader) LEMON
IMPORTANT.

A Promise Of Forever (Imayoshi Shouichi x Reader)

13K 296 261
By yetyoibabe

Requested by @B-ball4ever. I hope this will make you smile, guys. lol

And if you're not busy, please do check out my Imayoshi ff. "Notice Me, Kouhai" Hahaha. Sorry for the plug-in. XD

PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!

---

Imayoshi Shouichi promised to love you forever, and he married you.

He promised to give you a good life, so he worked hard to give you everything you need and the comfortable life you deserved.

He promised to protect you all the time, and so he never once hurt you or even raise his voice at you.

He promised to never leave your side, and he never did.

Imayoshi Shouichi was a perfect husband..

He was understanding, hardworking, and kind. In your four years of marriage, he had never failed in showing to you how much he loved you. With all the things he did and with every word he said to you, you could feel that he valued you more than anything.

More than anyone..

Everything would have been perfect, yes. But there was just this one problem..

..you.

*   *   *

"What? I'm not going to quit my job!" You snapped, eyes furiously staring at your husband who was looking at you intently.

He sighed, rubbing the back of your palm to calm you down. "You don't have to quit, [Name]. Just a couple weeks of rest."

You pulled your hand away with what you heard and stood up, more furious than ever. "No. I'm not taking a goddamn rest, I'm halfway close to achieving my dream. I'm not going to give it up just because you said so."

Before you realized it, you couldn't take back what you said. A pang of guilt rang out in your chest when you saw the pain in your husband's face.

For the past few days, you've always been fighting over the same issue. Over and over again.

Your career..

"I'm sorry if I'm holding you back, [Name]. I just want you to take a rest. Take a vacation and forget about stress."

Imayoshi was worried. As a husband, he couldn't simply ignore the fact that you've been stressing yourself out too much because of work. He didn't mind the so-little-time you had for him, he was more concerned about your health.

He promised that he would take care of you, and he was doing that now. Trying to do that now.

"You can't understand me, Shouichi. I have a dream, I want to grab every opportunity that comes in my way." You said in a low voice, tears were starting to stream down to your cheeks.

Guilt was eating your heart out. You were fully aware of Imayoshi's pain and longing, but your career was important to you too. It was something you dreamed of eversince you were just a little child and now, you were only a few steps away into grabbing that and then standing at the top. You knew that Imayoshi knew that and so he never complained.

He promised that he'd understand you, so he didn't utter a word of discontent.

Yeah..

Even when you came home from work so late almost every night. You would immediately lay down beside him to sleep, not even caring to give him a hug or a kiss since he waited for you for hours. Hell, you wouldn't even care to open the fridge and eat the meal he would prepare for you. And in the morning when he wakes up, he would find you already gone. The empty space beside him and the scent you left would sometimes draw a sad smile on his lips. But he loved you so much..

..so he endured everything for you.

"No, I understand you. Everytime, I always try to understand. You're the only one who never did." He said in a restrained voice. You knew he was trying to control himself, trying hard not to shout at you. "You have to learn to think about me and this family's sake too. I need you, [Name]."

You bit the insides of your lower lip, holding back a whimper. You knew you had to make a decision, it's either your marriage or your career. And you couldn't. You loved your husband so much, yet your career was very important to you too. No matter what you do, they would always clash. So you had to choose one..

..but you couldn't.

You harshly took off your wedding ring and placed it above the table with a slam. Imayoshi stared at it then to you, wide-eyed. "I'm sorry, Shouichi."

"What do you mean you're sorry? What's the meaning of this?" He asked, almost panicking.

"I need space." That's all you said before walking away and getting inside the bedroom that you shared. Still sobbing quietly, you grabbed your bag and stuffed your things in.

Imayoshi quickly followed and held your hands down to stop you from packing your things up. "Let's talk this out, [Name]."

You stared at him with pleading eyes. He looked so distressed, miserable, and unhappy. "Please, I'm doing this for you. I love you, but things are not working out for us anymore."

Tears flowed down his cheeks and his shoulders trembled. "But you promised me, you said we'll always be together forever?"

You composed yourself and pulled your hands away from him, securing your bag. "I'm sorry. I can't keep my promise."

Then you turned your back and walked out of the room, walked out of the house, walked out of Imayoshi's life..

*   *   *

The next days that followed were agonizing, a mental torture to your brain. All you could ever think about was your husband.

You missed him..

But after everything that you said to him, all the things you did, all the broken promises you made, you couldn't just show up and tell him you're sorry.

Imayoshi deserved to be happy. He deserved someone better..

Your chest tightened at the thought and you blinked back the tears that were threatening to fall from your eyes. How could you watch him hold another woman? How could you watch the only man you love love another?

No..

You stood up from your office chair, grabbed your bag and hurriedly left the building. You were already outside, impatiently waiting for a cab, when a familiar car stopped infront of you.

The door to the driver's seat opened and Imayoshi immediately got out. Your heart felt like leaping out of your chest at the sight of him running to you. He was in his casual clothes and there's no denying that he looked miserable with those days that you were not with him. By the time he closed the gap between the two of you, he immediately squeezed you into a very tight hug.

You cried and hugged him back. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Shouichi. It's all my fault."

"Sshh. No, it's not your fault. Don't cry. Please, you know I don't like it when you cry." He pulled away and held both sides of your face, wiping the tears on your cheeks with his thumbs. "I'm sorry."

You wrapped your arms around his neck and tiptoed, kissing him full on the lips. He molded his lips to yours and kissed you with equal passion. Both of you smiled through the kiss and pulled away.

"I love you so much, [Name]."

"I love you too, Shouichi. I'll make it up to you, I promise."

He looked at you gently and pressed his lips against your forehead. "You don't have to do anything, [Name]. Just don't leave me again."

You nodded your head, closing your eyes and feeling his soft lips on your skin. "Yes. Never again."

After that, he led you to the car and opened the door for you, you got in. He followed and got inside the driver's seat. After starting the ignition, he hit the road.

"Where are we going?" You asked curiously, looking at him with a smile.

He glanced at you and gave you a mischievous grin. "Where else? To our house, honey. I want a junior."

You chuckled and reached for his hand, squeezing it gently. "Sure. Anything you want, honey."

You were so happy you could cry tears of joy. You wanted to make him happy, you wanted to make up for those times that you were horrible. You'd never take him for granted again..

..never again.

He smiled and entertwined his fingers to yours. Then he brought your hand up to his face and kissed your knuckles tenderly, while the other was busy with the wheel. You were just about to take a turn when another speeding car suddenly appeared on your side. It all happened so fast that there was hardly no time to avoid the approaching vehicle.

"[Name]!!!" Imayoshi's voice roared before he let go of the wheel and hugged you tightly, securing you inside his body.

You closed your eyes, holding onto Imayoshi as tightly as ever. Pain shot through you when the approaching car collided with yours. Glass shattering and metals crashing, coupled with Imayoshi's grunts and screams, they were the last things you heard before everything went blank..

*   *   *

The chatter and yells of people around dragged you out of unconsciousness. You opened your eyes and groaned when you felt you couldn't move. You were still inside your husband's arms.

"Shouichi.." You shook him gently, but there was no reply. "Shouichi.. Shouichi! Shouichi!" He wouldn't talk, he wouldn't budge either.

"Oy! I know you're awake, please don't play jokes with me!" You pushed him away with you and he instantly fell down like a lifeless dummy. Your chest sunk down to your chest and you panicked, you pulled him up and your eyes widened when you saw the blood on his head, flowing down to his forehead. There were wounds all over his body too, especially on his back. While you..

You didn't get even a single scratch.

Then what he did replayed inside your mind. Hugging you like that.. He protected you. He still kept his promise to protect you even if it meant putting his life at risk.

You started crying miserably as you laid him down to the car seat and continued shaking him. Then you looked at the people outside. "Help! Please help me!"

"[N-Name].. A-Are you okay?"

You gasped and turned to Imayoshi again. Relief flooded over you as you immediately hugged him. "Oh Thank God! You scared me! Yes, I'm okay. I'm perfectly fine. It's because you protected me! Oh god!"

"I-I'm sorry, [N-Name].."

"Please don't say that, please. Help will come soon. You're going to be okay."

"I w-want.. to spend more time with you.. I still w-want to have kids.. with you.. I want to grow old with you.."

His voice was becoming more and more weak, his breath getting harder and harder. You could feel it.. he was dying. And that sent you to even more tears and sobs. "We're still going to have kids so please don't talk and just save your strength, okay?"

"I love you.. That will never change.."

"Don't say that!" You pulled away and faced him. His lips were pallid, and the life in his eyes was gone. "You promised me, Shouichi! You said you'd stay with me forever! You said you'd love me forever! You said you'd never leave me!  You've always kept your promises, then goddamnit tell me you'll live for me now!"

With his shaky and bloody hand, he palmed your face. Then a tear rolled down his cheek. "I'm sorry, [Name]. I can't keep my promise.."

You shook your head, held his hand and pressed it against your skin even more. "No! Noo! Please! I still want to make it up to you, Shouichi! Don't do this to me!"

"I'm s-sorry.. I can't stay.." Then his eyes slowly flattered close, his chest stopped rising up and down, and his other hand fell. And you were there, shocked and frozen.

"No.."

He's dead..

"No.." You shook him again, in hopes that maybe it was all just a bad joke. "No.. You're still alive. You're still here with me."

But no matter what you did, he wouldn't respond. His comforting warmth was gone and all that's left was a cold, lifeless Imayoshi Shouichi. You held his hand tight and laid your head down to his chest. His scent was mingling with the scent of blood and you cried miserably.

You'd never hear his voice again. You'd never see his gentle smile again. You'd never feel his warm touch and gentle kisses again.

You'd never hear him say iloveyou again..

He was gone..

..and he was never coming back.

---

I AM SORRY. PLEASE DON'T KILL ME.

WELL, THINGS HAPPENED AND BEFORE I KNEW IT, I WAS ALREADY KILLING CHARACTERS. UWAAA! I'M SORRY. TT____TT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.6K 1.9K 11
A collection of one-shots featuring the KnB squad and the lovely reader (yes that's you!) Check my bio/message board to see when requests open! (no s...
12.7K 138 47
(Versione italiana con gli stessi oneshots disponibile nel mio profilo!) Now, let's start with two assumptions: I love writing and I love Kuroko no B...
169K 3.3K 45
A One-Shot book for Knb~ Mostly Various X Kuroko unless requested to write other ships. :)) Disclaimer : I do not own the Knb characters and pictures...
1.7M 33.3K 68
Like the title says this is oneshots xD You may find Angst, Lemon, Fluff and Specials here. Don't hesitate to message me if you have requests xD Don...