rooftops

By maywashere_

༄ Dream is the lead guitarist in a band, George is just a boy who happens to be the one Dream falls for. Litt... More

chapter 1 ~ him
chapter 2 ~ music
chapter 3 ~ sweater weather
chapter 4 ~ knocking
chapter 5 ~ plans
chapter 6 ~ 505
chapter 7 ~ wild ones
chapter 8 ~ know
chapter 9 ~ my blood
chapter 10 ~ realizing
chapter 11 ~ reality
chapter 12 ~ clouds
chapter 13 ~ mountains
chapter 14 ~ sleeping
chapter 15 ~ lipstick
chapter 16 ~ the hill
chapter 17 ~ home
chapter 18 ~ help
chapter 19 ~ flying
chapter 20 ~ jane
chapter 21 ~ snow
chapter 22 ~ warmth
chapter 23 ~ lying
chapter 24 ~ calm
chapter 25 ~ creak
chapter 26 ~ droplets
chapter 27 ~ elevator
chapter 28 ~ the truth
chapter 29 ~ hallway
chapter 30 ~ shoved
chapter 32 ~ spiraling
chapter 33 ~ sand
chapter 34 ~ worsening
chapter 35 ~ driveway
chapter 36 ~ caving
chapter 37 ~ moon
chapter 38 ~ stars
chapter 39 ~ dreams
chapter 40 ~ deeds
chapter 41 ~ nerves
chapter 42 ~ breeze
chapter 43 ~ suitcase
chapter 44 ~ pen
chapter 45 ~ arguing
chapter 46 ~ calls
chapter 47 ~ song
chapter 48 ~ packet
chapter 49 ~ rooftops
chapter 50 ~ touch
chapter 51 ~ him
epilogue 1/2
epilogue 2/2
notes !!
life after

chapter 31 ~ jumper

72.7K 2.2K 10.4K
By maywashere_

mature language

Georges pov=

Tommy didnt ask questions when I got back, it was almost like he knew not to.

He let me go straight to the spare room, no questions asked. I got back to the house at around 2am, praying that they were both home.

Thankfully they were. Tommy had brought me upstairs and helped me put covers on the bed.

Tubbo didnt wake up, so we both agreed on just telling him tomorrow morning.

"Am I allowed to ask questions?" he finally asks, sitting at the desk in the room.

"Its a long story, and its late" I reply, unpacking my stuff.

"Im hardly going back asleep now" he pesters, swinging around in the spinny chair.

When I dont respond, he continues on with his questions as I fold my clothes, hanging them up into the wardrobe.

"Why are you back alone? Wheres your boyfriend?" he questions, his voice going higher as he drags out the word 'boyfriend'.

I slam the suitcase shut, startling Tommy.

I didnt mean to scare him, I guess he just hadnt been expecting it.

I leave the wardrobe, collapsing down into the bed.

"What?" Tommy asks, coming to sit down beside me, unaware hes done anything wrong.

I know hes going to find out sooner than later, and id rather it were sooner.

"We broke up" I admit.

His head turns, his expression gone sarcastic.

"Yeah, okay" he scoffs.

"What?"

"Why would you break up? You two were literally-" he begins, but never finishes.

I watch as some sort of realization starts to dawn on him. I wonder what made him look serious all of a sudden.

"He told you, didnt he?" he whispers.

I sit up, staring at him accusingly.

"You knew?" I shoot.

He doesnt respond, he just turns his back to me, facing towards the wardrobe.

I stand up and head around to the side of the bed where hes sat, standing in front of him.

"You knew and you didnt tell me?"

"It wasnt my place" he tries reasoning.

"You're meant to have my back, you know I wouldve told you if it were me" I reply, my voice growing louder.

"Shut up! Youll wake Tubbo" he hisses, standing up.

I glare at him before I drop back down onto the edge of the bed.

"Why didnt you tell me? We couldve avoided everything that happened" I tell him.

"Yeah, what happened is my question" he asks, sitting back down beside me.

"Im not telling you, im mad at you"

"George, grow up"

"Youre younger than me"

"At least I act older"

I let out a laugh at that comment, but it only gains me a whack to the forehead.

"Seriously, tell me what happened" he says.

The more I think about what happened, the more I question if ive made the right decision in coming back home.

Should I of listened to him?

"Do you know Sapnap?" I ask him.

His face zones out, telling me hes thinking before he responds.

"The guy Dream talked to on the phone?" he concludes slowly.

"How am I meant to know if theyre the same people? He couldve been talking to anyone on the phone, you idiot" I laugh.

"If you laugh at me one more time-"

"Sapnap was at Dreams apartment when we got there" I interrupt, knowing Tommy would never go through with any of his threats.

"And?"

"I recognized Sapnap, I knew it was him, he really hasnt changed much" I reply, picturing him in my head.

"So how would that make you know Dream is the guy?"

" ' The guy ' is Clay, and I dont know, everything sort of connected in the moment" I tell him, remembering how it had all happened.

"It made sense, the ages match up, and the fact that there was me, Sapnap, it just made me think about him again" I explain, trying to think of how to phrase all of this so it would make sense to him.

"But then it slowly made me realize that I didnt have to just think about him, he was actually there, he was in front of me all this time" I finish.

It looks like its taking him a few minutes to process what I said, and im guessing its because hes tired.

"You need to go to bed, we can talk in the morning" I tell him, standing up.

I can see hes going to protest, so I stop him before he can start.

"Theres no point in arguing, im going asleep, so youll just be left talking to yourself"

"Im not dropping this, I want to talk about it again" he responds, standing up and heading for the door.

Im already in sweats and a jumper, and I couldnt be bothered to change.

I pull back the bedcovers and slide underneath, letting my head hit the pillow.

"Turn off the light" I tell Tommy as he leaves the room.

He stares at the light switch, and I can tell hes debating leaving it on just to piss me off.

"Goodnight" he whispers, his voice still slightly ticked off.

But he does switch off the light and close the door.

-

-

Of course the morning im back it happens to be sunny.

The light is slipping through the crack in the curtains, reflecting off the side of my face. Im pretty sure thats what woke me up.

I stretch out my arm, guiding my hand to wrap around my phone on the bedside table.

Thursday, December 10th, 2:15pm

I know if I actually unlock the phone ill end up scrolling for hours on end, so I force myself to place it back where it had been.

• song recommendation for this scene
stargazing by ambulo

I can hear Tubbo and Tommy downstairs, I wonder if Tommys told him yet.

I stand up out of bed and wander to the wardrobe, pulling out whatever my hands touch first.

Im about to pull the sweater over my head when I stop and realize what sweater it actually is.

I return back to the edge of the bed as my hands run over the soft knitted jumper.

Its from the tea shop, the one we'd went to a few days before we flew to New York.

I remember him insisting he would hand wash it after it got drenched with the rain water we had danced in.

He had told me the fabric might get fucked up if I put it in the washing machine.

The longer I sit and stare at the jumper, the more I think about him.

Am I overreacting? Should I of heard him out?

If something as small as this jumper is making me question my choices, then maybe he means more to me then what im telling myself.

But if I was able to walk away that easily, do I really care?

'Thats dumb' I think to myself.

Of course I cared.

Cared

Maybe its time I start getting used to using the past tense.

-

-

-

authors note
• 26k! thank you all so much, you have no idea how much it means to me💗

i want the next few chapters to be done properly, and written with my full potential, so if it seems like chapters are taking longer to come out im sorry! they will probably be getting alot longer now though:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.5K 907 21
READ TWS!! It started off with a simple crush and a simple party. He didn't think anything would come out of- especially not a relationship with his...
1.2K 66 16
George being the son of a mayor and Dream being the talk of the town for his sinful acts. Two boys from different worlds who's paths never seemed to...
9.8K 238 22
[FINISHED] Dream speaks what he feels. Dream understands what he feels. Dream takes action upon what he feels. George doesn't. George doesn't know ho...
6.3K 258 11
The Dream Team is an up-and-coming band with many devoted fans. The three boys are longtime friends who are beloved by many for their chemistry and h...