ғʀᴇᴀᴋɪsʜʟʏ ᴇxᴛʀᴀᴏʀᴅɪɴᴀʀʏ × 𝗵...

By WhovianWhoudini

Ariadne and Hermione weren't like all the other rich kids in her neighborhood they were forced to know. It al... More

Unus - Muggleborn Witch - I
Duo - Muggleborn Witch - II
Tres - Muggleborn Witch - III
Quattor - Muggleborn Witch - IV
Quinque - Muggleborn Witch - V
Septem - Muggleborn Witch - VII

Sex - Muggleborn Witch - VI

41 6 2
By WhovianWhoudini

    "THERE are a lot less students than I thought there would be... why is that?" Ariadne thinks offhandedly, glancing around the beautiful great hall. Hermione walked behind her and Neville walked in front of her.

  "It's more beautiful than it was described. Such a disservice," Hermione comments breathlessly, glancing up at the enchanted ceiling. It showed the beautiful night sky–without any light pollution–and it was possibly one of the most beautiful things Ariadne has ever seen.

  Professor McGonagall stops them right in front of the staff's table before taking out a four-legged stool and placing it in front, facing the four long tables filled with students.

  Ariadne scrunches her nose slightly when the professor places a pointed wizard's hat on top. It was patched, frayed, and extremely dirty. She could see the dirt and the stains from where she stood. Her heart jumped in fright when the hat started moving on its own, forming a mouth in a rip near the brim.

Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head
That the Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve and chivalry,
Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin,
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folk use any means
To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're safe in my hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!

  "...did–did it just... sing?" Hermione states almost silently. Ariadne nods dumbly, staring at the bowing hat with wide eyes. The great hall was filled with clapping and cheers from everyone, the first years a bit hesitant.

  Professor McGonagall steps forward, holding out a long roll of parchment. "When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be Sorted. Abbott, Hannah."

  "It's–his?–song said it–he could read our thoughts to place us in the house we belong in?" Ariadne frowns at the new information, staring at it distrustfully as it is placed on top of a pink flushed girl with blonde pigtails.

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

  "Bones, Susan." Bones? Only one first year with an 'A' surname?

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

  "Boot, Terry."

"RAVENCLAW!"

  "Brocklehurst, Mandy."

"RAVENCLAW!"

  "Brown, Lavender!"

"GRYFFINDOR!"

  "Bulstrode, Millicent."

"SLYTHERIN!"

  "The security charms on our trunks and bags are constant, correct?" Hermione asks as the 'G' last names get closer.

  Ariadne nods once, eyebrows furrowed. "They need to be reapplied every two years."

  "...you don't think they are actually needed... right?" Hermione asks hopefully. Her sister gives her a small dry look.

  "Wishful thinking, Mia."

  "Granger, Ariadne." Ariadne takes a deep breath when her name is called.

  "I won't be upset if you choose another," She whispers quietly.

  "I'll go wherever you go, Ari." Hermione squeezes her hand once before she walks gracefully towards the stool. The brunette ignores the stares from the students and staff and elegantly sits on top of the stool. She forces her expression to stay blank when the dirty hat is placed on top of her head.

  "Interesting. Very interesting. Hm, more cunning than most. Oh? And very ambitious... yes. You will make great changes to the world, but the matter of your blood status..." Ariadne jumps slightly at the sudden voice in her head. She takes in a deep breath and furrows her eyebrows.

  "Well, I don't think the hat that Sorts students into the house they will stay for the next seven years should be biased on something as dramatic as blood status, you know." She frowns slightly. "Shouldn't it be skill and personality?"

  "Hmph! Very opinionated I see! You are correct, Miss Granger. You will do wonderful and terrifying things in–"

"–SLYTHERIN!"

  Ariadne takes another deep breath and carefully takes off the hat from her head. She stands up and places it on the stool before walking towards the silent table. The entire great hall was silent.

  "Slytherin?! But she's a–"

  "Muggleborn in Slytherin? Oh, that poor girl..."

  "Heh, should put those slimy snakes in their place."

  The 11 year old girl calmly sits down in the middle of the table, keeping a seat open next to her. It was her sister's turn.

  "Granger, Hermione."

  "Hermione," Ariadne thinks, turning to watch her sister. It was quiet for almost three minutes. A small flicker of hope filled Ariadne's heart. Maybe Hermione won't have to deal with the future discrimination.

"SLYTHERIN!"

  The great hall was filled with whispers, unlike the silence that followed Ariadne's Sorting. Ariadne gives her sister a bright smile, pretending not to notice the negativity around her.

  "Told you," She states quietly when Hermione sits next to her.

  Hermione gives her a small glare, stifling a smile. "Oh, shut it."

  They both continuing to watch the rest of the Sorting, if ignoring those around them. It's too good of a night to be worried about any of them.

•••••

    "Muggleborns in Slytherin... never thought I'd see the day again," A hoarse voice speaks up from behind the Granger sisters. They both turn around and see a bloody ghost with chains floating off his body. The Bloody Baron.

  "Hello milord," Ariadne greets respectfully while Hermione gives him a small nod of respect. He smirks in amusement and leans closer.

  "Interesting. You may survive us yet." The Bloody Baron starts to float away. "Do not disappoint me."

  Hermione and Ariadne glance at each other with hidden surprise before going back to eating. They have high expectations to surpass.

  "But Bloody Baron, they're–"

  "But nothing. They are Slytherin. I suggest you don't start anything, Flint, or your Head of House will be the least of your problems," The ghost interrupts the fifth year student with a haunting glare. The teenager quickly shuts up and glares heavily at the two Muggleborns. Ariadne pretends she doesn't hear the conversation, knowing it wasn't her place to talk.

  A dark skinned boy slides into the seat across from the Granger sisters, giving them a brilliant smile. Ariadne and Hermione give each other a knowing look.

  "How are you two lovely ladies doing tonight? Blaise Zabini, it is such an honor to meet you both," The boy asks sweetly.

  Ariadne gives him a smile, setting down her fork. "Ariadne Granger. My sister, Hermione. I see you're a flatterer, Zabini."

  "Oh yes, but I only give flattery towards those who deserve it," Blaise states smoothly. Ariadne giggles and demurely crosses her ankles underneath your seat.

  "I think the rest of our house would disagree with you, Zabini, but we appreciate your words nonetheless." The brunette takes a small sip from her goblet. "Tonight has gone better than we expected."

  "I must apologize, but I am awfully curious. How did two Muggleborn Witches get Sorted into Slytherin?" Blaise asks, getting to the chase. Ariadne just smiles before taking a bite of her dinner.

  "Because the hat Sorted us here. With how unnecessarily secret the Sorting is, I don't think the hat would mistakenly Sort students into the wrong house for a joke. There have been no cases of any Resorting, officially," Hermione answers the boy.

  "Officially," Blaise repeats with a nod and a grin. Ariadne smiles before nodding as well.

  "Filthy Mudbloods..." Ariadne and Hermione glance at the older boy who muttered the insult with bored expressions.

  "Filthy Mudblooded Slytherins," Hermione corrects with a small nod towards the boy. The atmosphere quickly grows uncomfortable at the indifference to the slur Hermione and Ariadne were showing.

  Ariadne goes back to eating, giving her sister a small look. Hermione stifles a smile and goes back to her food. They can't relax just yet.

•••••

Hey! Hope you all like the new chapter! I'm sorry for not posting in a bit. I didn't know how to end this chapter, so the ending's a bit... bleh, but I still hope you all enjoyed the chapter!

Things will start to pick up soon, and I hope you all know that many things will change.

I hope you all are enjoying the story so far! Bye.

WhovianWhoudini

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 46 20
"What's your zodiac sign?" "Gemini, why?" "I don't know. I just believe that people's zodiac signs explain a lot about their personality and why they...
1.5K 82 16
❝ 𝘮𝘺 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘦 𝘦𝘶𝘱𝘩𝘦𝘮𝘪𝘢 𝘱𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳, 𝘢𝘭𝘴𝘰 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘴. ❞ Annalise and Harry d...
115K 3.7K 24
Not my best kind of works. Please read my other Fanfictions instead: Birth of Hell || Riddle Draco's Revival || Malfoy *Discontinued* "It was beaut...
46.1K 1K 23
"SLYTHERIN!" Y/n Lily Potter and her older brother ("By five minutes!" -Y/n) have never even heard of Hogwarts until on their eleventh birthday when...