A Hero's Dirty Work (Villain...

By IsaacChristensen

It was dark out. It was dangerous, and there was a terrified victim who needed saving every time he turned ar... More

Heroism
Gone
Everyone Has A Story
Rivalry
Captured
Trapped
Newsworthy
The Entrance Exam
Electrified
Homeroom
Quirk Assessment
Quirk Analysis
Gear Up
The Savior
Plans In Motion
Friends and Family
USJ
All Might
Questions
Responsibility
Famous
The Date
Barriers
Recruiting
Encounters
Preparations
Ready, Set, Go!
The Tournament - Pt. 1
The Tournament - Pt. 2
Spotted
Semifinals
Todoroki vs Bakugo
Rat Satan
Ingenium
Internship Start
Stain vs. Savior
Predicament
Catch Up
Running Out Of Time
Break Free
Ten Months of Hell
Cauliflower
Return of the King
Unhinged
Nothing but a Weapon
Birth of a Nightmare

Combat Training

2.7K 98 163
By IsaacChristensen

"I'm ho-ome!" Midoriya called out as he entered the bar. Shigaraki glared at him with no real heat, and Kurogiri ignored him. Midoriya laughed. "Alright. Down to business, I have some serious questions," he admitted. The two villains perked up.

"What's up?" Tomura said.

"Tomorrow is our first real day of hero training and we need suits and all that, which we were supposed to have designed and turned in with our quirk registration. I need to know what I'm registered as because I've already started telling people it's Regeneration, and I need to know if you guys designed a suit for me. Or maybe I designed one myself and forgot about it."

"Oh, that. Sensei has it covered," Tomura said, waving his hand dismissively. "I'm pretty sure he registered you as Regeneration since it's the only one that people can see. You don't have to worry about it."

Midoriya sighed. "Alright, I'll take your word for it. If this all falls apart because of the quirk thing, though, it's not my fault."

"Yeah, yeah. We know."

Midoriya shrugged, but he couldn't help the slight anxiety curling in his stomach. Hopefully All For One designed him a costume that actually looked like a hero's; he wasn't sure if the supervillain could do anything without his signature, ominously sophisticated style.

Regardless, it was time for more vigilante work. The news had finally given him an official name, and he was not happy about it at all. The Savior? Really? Apparently the thugs he'd beaten up so far had been involved in the human trafficking business, and now everyone thought he was some sort of dark shadow of salvation with a vendetta against trafficking.

It wasn't wrong—he did hate everything about the concept of slaves—but they weren't going to be his only targets. He would put a stop to any and all crimes that he could get away with stopping. The Eight Precepts of Death in particular would be his targets, and not only because All For One wanted him to weaken them as much as he could. Izuku still thought someone needed to be saved from them, and even Midoriya was starting to feel some sort of urgency that someone needed him, along with a rising unfounded hatred and anger with the Precepts, specifically Overhaul.

Those two factors, along with his rising frustration about not being able to find anything of note led to him dealing with the thugs that night a bit more brutally than his usual style. He heard the civilians that he'd saved whispering about the Savior, and he grimaced. At least he didn't come up with it himself; that would be irredeemably self-righteous.

He got back to the the bar late, using his Disguise quirk to turn back into Michi. He didn't pass out immediately this time, which was a good sign of progress. Maybe after a while it wouldn't be so damn exhausting.

In the morning, he started to regret spending so many nights out saving lives. He was bone-tired, but that didn't fit in with his star-hero persona so he tried his best to hide it. He nearly fell asleep in the regular classes that took up the entire morning, barely making it lunch. Lunch Rush's cooking was fantastic, which managed to wake him up just enough to get excited for hero class.

He waited in his homeroom in anticipation, chattering with his classmates about what they might be doing for their first hero class. He was getting more and more nervous that his hero outfit would just be a tuxedo. All For One was a fairly classy supervillain, but he had no creativity.

He leaned forward, deciding to try to talk to Bakugo. He hadn't been told to fuck off for a while, and it didn't feel right. "Hey. Ka—Bakugo," he said, remembering at the last minute to shove Izuku into the back of his mind. Calling him Kacchan would definitely not be good.

"Fuck off, you damn extra," he growled. Ah, there it was.

"Oh come on Bakugo, don't be like that," Michi said. "I was just wondering, do you and Mina know each other? She kind of acts like she knows you, even though you treat her basically the same as you treat everyone else."

Bakugo shot him a glare. "We've met a few times."

"So are you friends?"

"Not even close," Bakugo said, rolling his eyes. "I only ever had one friend, and I hated him. So don't bother trying to buddy up to me, it doesn't work."

"If you hated him, he wasn't really your friend, was he?" Michi asked. He had to admit that part of him—namely the part that still went by Izuku—felt touched, considering he was the only one he could think of that Bakugo could be talking about.

"He was a good friend," Bakugo said with a challenging look. "He was just also really annoying."

Michi shrugged. "I can be really annoying, too. Whaddyah say, feel like adding one more person to that list of friends?"

"Fuck off," Bakugo said again.

"Come on, man! We could be the dream team! The two top scorers in the entire entrance exam, the best U.A. has to offer. Just think about it!"

"There's nothing to think about," he growled. "I'm going to be the one to surpass All Might, and the rest of you extras are just going to watch me."

Before Michi could respond, he heard a booming voice declare, "I... AM... COMING THROUGH THE DOOR LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!" The entire class stared as All Might himself burst through the doorway, then strutted to the front of the class. 

"No way... it's All Might!" Denki gasped, helpfully declaring the obvious to anyone that couldn't see. Or hear. He'd basically announced his arrival.

"He really is a teacher!" Kirishima agreed, just as awe-struck.

"Isn't that the silver age costume?" Tsuyu asked, cocking her head to the side.

"It's such a different style, it's giving me goose-bumps!" said tail-guy. He was kind of uninteresting, Michi hadn't learned his name yet.

"I teach Hero Basic Training," All Might announced when he reached the front of the room. "I will help train you in the basics of being a hero. This subject will have the most units for you hero course students." He started to pose while he talked, which the rest of the class seemed to think was normal while Michi tried to refrain from laughing. "Well, let's get right into it. Today, what we'll be doing is..." he paused for dramatic effect, "combat training!" He displayed a notecard with the word "BATTLE" printed across it.

"Combat!" Bakugo cheered. 

"Training," Michi reminded him.

"And for that, of course, you'll need these!" Michi gulped. This was the moment of truth. All Might pointed at the wall, and rows of packages began to slide out with a mechanical whir. "Costumes, based on your quirk registrations and the requests you sent in before school started."

The class whooped in excitement, and All Might waited for them to be done before going on. "After you change, gather in Ground Beta!"

"Yes, sir!" the class said in unison.

Michi waited, dread pooling in the bottom of his stomach, as his classmates jumped out of their seats to grab their costumes and change into them. Please, just don't look like a literal supervillain, he thought. That's all I want.

He got up eventually and grabbed the package, taking it with him to the boys' locker room to get changed with the rest of his class. He braced himself before opening the package, not at all sure what he was about to see. Finally, he pulled out...

An admittedly awesome costume. It was mostly black with bright green accents, which looked pretty cool with Michi's wavy, light blue hair and brilliant purple eyes, at least in his opinion. Since his quirks, especially his registered one, were almost entirely defensive, the gadgets built onto it were all designed to help him on the offensive front. 

He had a skin-tight, long-sleeved shirt made of a black, sturdy, and heat resistant cloth, with a wide, bright green slash across his chest. The shirt had a black hood made of the same material, which he currently had flipped down over his back. A small, sleek pair of goggles with reflective green lenses covered his eyes, and an easily equipped mask with a similarly sleek design hung around his neck.

His military-style pants were a very dark forest green, not quite black, and they tucked neatly into black combat boots. He had a utility belt with three knockout gas grenades, two flashbangs, and a first aid kit, and his half-finger gloves had taser prongs discreetly embedded into his fists. They probably had to be pretty low-power to get by the school regulations, but they would still be useful.

An extendable fiberglass baton was secured to each thigh in a magnetic sheath, and he had twin tranquilizer handguns hanging from his belt. Finally, he had a small but sturdy folding knife in a pocket sewn into the back of his right thigh in case he ever needed it.

He let out a breath after he finally got suited up, the dread leaking away as he admired himself in a mirror. He joined the rest of the class and waited as everyone else finished up before heading down to Ground Beta together.

As they arrived, the booming voice of All Might greeted them. "They say that the suit makes the hero, young men and ladies. Remember, from now on, you are heroes!"

They all gathered in front of him, waiting to hear his instructions. "That's great, everyone. You all look amazing! Now, shall we begin, you zygotes?" 

(A/N: What the fuck? Why does he use that word? I literally tried to look up why that term was used and couldn't find anything. Can anyone help me? Please, why the fuck would he call a group of highschoolers zygotes?)

"Michi!" Ochako said, running over to him. "Wow, I like your costume! It's really subtle compared to a lot of our classmates."

"Yeah, I like to be able to hide when I want to," he said. "I like your costume too! What does it do?"

"Ah..." She gave a little embarrassed laugh. "I should have told them what I wanted; it ended up being a skin-tight suit. The bands around my wrists and waist help with my nausea, as well as my helmet. It just makes it easier to use my quirk."

"Oh, that's really cool!" Michi said. "Mine are mostly just weapons, as well as a medical kit for emergencies. I'll never need it with my quirk, but someone else might."

"Alright, it's time to start your combat training!" All Might said, stopping all conversation.

"Sir!" Tenya said, raising his hand. "This is a battle center from the entrance exam. Will we be conducting urban battles again?"

"No. We're going to move ahead two steps!" All Might told him. "Most of the time, fighting villains takes place outside, but the really atrocious villains appear indoors more often. Imprisonment, house arrest, backroom deals—in this world full of heroes, truly intelligent villains hide in the shadows. For this class, you'll be split into villains and heroes and you'll fight two-on-two indoor battles."

"We'll be doing this without basic training?" Tsuyu asked.

"These battles are how I will teach you those basics!" All Might responded. "The key this time is that there are no robots for you to just beat up."

The class erupted into a flurry of questions.

"How will wins and losses be determined?" Momo asked.

"Can we beat them up anyway?" Bakugo demanded.

"Will the punishment be expulsion, like with Mr. Aizawa?" Ochako asked worriedly.

"How shall we be split up?" Tenya asked robotically, raising his hand again.

"Isn't this cape crazy?" Aoyama said with a wink, flourishing the glittering purple cape on his costume. 

A muscle feathered in All Might's jaw. "I'll answer all your questions," he said in a strained voice. "Now, listen here. The situation is that the villains have hidden a nuclear weapon somewhere in their hideout. The heroes are trying to dispose of it. The heroes need to capture the villains or secure the weapons within the allotted time. The villains need to either protect the weapon for the entire time, or capture the heroes."

All Might pulled out a box. "Teams and opponents will be determined by drawing lots!"

"Teams are really selected so haphazardly?" Tenya interjected.

"Pros often have to create makeshift teams with heroes from other agencies," Michi pointed out. "We won't always have the liberty to choose who we're working with."

"I see..." Tenya said as if he'd had a divine revelation. "We must always look ahead. Please excuse my rudeness!"

Michi rolled his eyes, but no one could see that through his goggles. "It's fine," All Might said. "Let's do this quickly!"

Everyone drew to select their teams. Michi got paired with Ochako, and he watched as the other teams were formed. Shoto was with Shoji, and Momo got stuck with Mineta—who, on top of being mostly useless, was proving to be a little creep as well. Tenya was with Bakugo, Mina was with Aoyama—indisputably the most flashy team—and Koda was with Sato. Denki got paired up with Jiro, and he was smiling like an idiot about it. Tsuyu was with Tokoyami, Toru was with the tail guy—who was the only one Michi still didn't know the name of—and Kirishima ended up with Sero.

"Wow, it must be fate!" Ochako said excitedly. "I'm counting on you!"

"I don't believe in fate," Michi laughed. "I guess I just got lucky." Ochako blushed.

"Now! The first two teams to fight will be..." All Might reached into two boxes, villains and heroes. He pulled out his hands, and held up two letters: "A" and "D". "These guys! Team A will be the heroes, and team D will be the villains."

Michi grinned. It would have been ironic if he ended up on the villain side, but this would work too. He and Ochako would be fighting Tenya and Bakugo. 

"Everyone else, head toward the monitor room," All Might instructed.

Michi rolled his neck as everyone but the four of them left, all looking excited to see the showdown between the top two scorers in the entrance exam. Momo and Shoto had both scored higher than them in the quirk assessment, but to be fair they did have extremely impressive quirks. Out in the field, Michi was sure he could take both of them.

Well, maybe not Todoroki. He'd have to wait and see what they could do.

"Villain team, you go in first and get set up. In five minutes, the hero team will break in and the battle will start!"

All Might gave the villain team a few more instructions, telling them to go all out and try to think from the perspective of a real villain. Michi and Bakugo held eye contact, trying to stare each other down until Bakugo had to go inside to help Tenya set everything up.

"It's a lot harder to memorize the building's floor plan than I thought," Ochako muttered. Michi didn't say anything; he'd memorized it with a glance. "But, All Might is just the same as when he's on TV," she continued, brightening. "Unlike with Mr. Aizawa, it looks like there's no punishment, so we can just relax and—"

"I wouldn't relax if I were you," Michi warned, stretching out his limbs as he stared up at the building. "Bakugo is dangerous, and he really has it out for me. Tenya, too; he's not as volatile, but he's the type to take this villain thing way too seriously. We need to be on guard so we don't get hurt, and then we need to win."

"Oh, I guess you're right," she said. "Okay, let's do our best!"

All Might's voice echoed over Ground Beta through the speakers, and it was time to begin. Ochako started towards the door, but Michi grabbed her arm. "Wait, I have an idea. The bomb is most likely near the top if not on the top floor, and they'll be patrolling the halls looking for us. But, look at all those windows. I want you to make me weightless, and when I get up near the top, you can head in. You'll probably find Bakugo looking for us on his own, and if you can fight him long enough to make some explosions, Tenya will be distracted enough by the noise for me to come in through the window and get to the bomb."

Ochako blinked in surprise, but the more she thought about it, the better it sounded. They didn't have anything to counteract the power of Bakugo's explosions in those narrow hallways, but they did have the advantage of her Zero Gravity. Considering how high up it was, they would never expect them to come in from the outside, and she'd never thought of how being weightless could be an advantage; she'd always used it as a way to render her opponents helpless in the air.

She nodded in determination and used her quirk, then watched anxiously as Michi silently floated up the wall, using the window sills to pull himself along. He carefully peeked through all of the windows, staying out of sight until he was sure the room beyond was empty. Eventually, he checked a window and quickly ducked back under. He made sure he had a good grip on the window and a foothold on the wall, then he signaled for Ochako to release and go inside.

She nodded, and Michi almost slipped as his weight suddenly returned. Luckily he managed to hold on, and he watched as Ochako darted through the door and into the building. Time ticked by slowly, and his fingers started trembling with effort. The building had relatively smooth brick walls, and there were no good places to grip and still remain unseen. Just as he was about to disregard the plan, jump in, and see how he fared against Tenya's speed, the building shook with an explosion.

Michi grinned. It was now or never. He swung up onto the window sill and slid the window open, trying to avoid all the noise of shattering it, and slipped into the room. Just as he'd hoped, Tenya was distracted by the continued explosions, but Michi still had to hide behind a pillar. The room was big and empty other than several rectangular pillars for support, which gave Tenya the advantage as he had no obstacles.

Michi slipped a flashbang grenade from his belt, gauging Tenya's patterns as he kept watch. The explosions continued, obscuring any noise he might have made, but he was getting worried about Ochako. She was plenty capable, but he didn't know how she was lasting this long against Kacchan.

Just as Tenya turned away, he tossed his grenade and ducked back behind the pillar. It clattered to the ground on the other side of the room, and Tenya whirled in that direction at the sound. He fell into a combat stance and started to proclaim how villainous he was when—

FLASH!

Michi broke cover, sprinting for the bomb as Tenya reeled, hands over his eyes as he tried to get his sight back. By the time the boy could see again, it was over. Michi had reached the bomb, and the round was his.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.6K 1.3K 16
As a kid, bullied and shunt, there was nothing to the outside world that Izuku didn't hate at all. So without even thinking twice, he shut himself in...
8.4K 426 9
Izuku Midoriya. Quirkless. Has been his entire life. Always will be. And yet, that's not all. He's bullied. Despite the impressively shitty hand lif...
91.9K 1.3K 27
Izuku Midoriya is a boy that has gone through hell and back. He was bullied for not having a quirk all through middle school by his "best friend" Kat...
59K 2K 22
Izuku Midoriya was a boy that grew up without a quirk, unlike the people around him. That didn't stop him from aspiring to be a hero. When All Might...