Re:Zero Cast Watching Natsuki...

By GoldenFang17

After being transported into another world, Natsuki Subaru has gone through all kinds of pain and died many t... More

An Unwelcome Chamber
I. The End of the Beginning and Beginning of the End
II. Reunion with The Witch
III. Starting Life from Zero in Another World
IV. Harmony of the Roswaal Mansion
V. The Morning of Our Promise is Still Distant
VI. The Sound of Chains
VII. Natsuki Subaru's RESTART
VIII. I Cried, Cried My Lungs Out, and Stopped Crying
IX. The Meaning of Courage
X. Demoniacally Possessed Methods
XI. Rem
XII. Return to the Capital
XIII. Self-Proclaimed Knight Natsuki Subaru
XIV. The Sickness Called Despair
XV. The Face of Madness
XVI. The Greed of a Pig
XVII. Disgrace in the Extreme
XVIII. From Zero
XIX. Battle Against the White Whale
XX. Wilhelm van Astrea
XXI. A Gamble that Defies Despair
XXII. A Flash of Sloth
XXIII. Nefarious Sloth
XXIV. The Self-Proclaimed Knight and the Greatest Knight
XXV. That's All This Story is About
Into the Future
XXVI. Each One's Promise
XXVII. The Next Location
XXVIII. The Long-Awaited Reunion
XXIX. Parent and Child
XXX. A Step Forward
XXXI. The Maiden's Gospel
XXXIII. The Value of Life
XXXIV. Love Love Love Love Love Love You
XXXV. I know Hell
XXXVI. The Taste of Death
XXXVII. The Witches' Tea Party
XXXVIII. The Sounds That Make You Want to Cry
XXXIX. Straight Bet.
XL. Otto Suwen/A Reason to Believe
No One Can Lift a Quain Stone Alone

XXXII. Friend

9.5K 133 287
By GoldenFang17

"Open the door! Let me out of here! Open the door!" Subaru angrily yelled while banging the door to save Rem from Elsa's assault on the mansion.

"It's too late." Beatrice said.

"It is not too late! I have to get to Rem right now!" Subaru yelled.

"Your reason for returning to that room has just disappeared, I suppose." Beatrice said and she starts to heal Subaru.

"Disappeared? But why?" Otto asked.

"Have you lost your faith in Subaru, Betty?" Puck asked.

"I haven't thought of that future, I suppose." Beatrice said.

"Haven't thought, huh? Then let's see later on if you don't have any thoughts on what they'll say about you and your dark connections." Naofumi said, making Beatrice realize her situation.

"Dark connections? To whom?" Reinhard asked.

"You too, Beatrice-sama? Why...?" Rem uttered.

"To hell with that! Why are you trying to save me?!" Subaru angrily asked.

"Because you look so pathetic, I can't bear the sight of you." Beatrice replied.

"But why me?! If you really want to save someone, why don't you save them?! You could have done it!" Subaru yelled.

"Wh-Why should I have to do that? I haven't a single reason to save anyone, I suppose." Beatrice replied.

"Betty..." Puck uttered.

"Bubby! I have no idea why this happened, I suppose!" Beatrice defended.

'Here she is...! She starts to get defensive!' The gods thought.

"Those people's lives were important too! Why would you only save Subaru and not also them?!" Mildo cried.

"You don't understand the situation, brat! So shut up, I suppose!" Beatrice yelled.

"S-She yelled at me..." Mildo uttered and he cried all of a sudden.

"Oh, dear..." Anastasia uttered.

"Who asked you to save me?! Do you have any idea what you've done?! Everything might be ruined now, because of you. Everything will be rewritten, and this horrible present will be set in stone! You should have just killed me!" Subaru yelled.

"I don't understand. I don't understand!" Beatrice said.

"Fine, then. If you're not going to help, then..." Subaru uttered as he breaks the teapot and points a sharp broken part of it in his throat.

"Subaru, no!!" Everyone except Roswaal cried. Beatrice on the other hand starts to watch the future events that she didn't expect to happen in the future.

"No!" Beatrice yelled and stops Subaru from killing himself.

"Why... are you..." Subaru uttered.

"I won't let you, I suppose! I won't let you die here!" Beatrice yelled.

"Let me go right now!" Subaru yelled. Beatrice throws the sharp glass away and lets Subaru fall on the floor. He saw the Gospel from Betelguese before on the floor in Beatrice's room.

"That's a Gospel, right? Why Beatrice has one?!" Ferris asked.

"Hey, Hey, Hey! What is the meaning of this?" Ricardo asked.

"Why... is that here?" Subaru asked. Beatrice grabs the Gospel and hugs it.

"H-Hey... did you just..." Mimi uttered.

"Hugged it...?" Tivey asked as everyone looked at Beatrice who has a relieved expression on her face.

"What's with that relief of yours, Beatrice?" Ricardo asked.

"Can you explain about it, Beatrice?" Emilia asked.

"No, I won't!" Beatrice said.

"Then let this show explain it to them then." Kazuma said.

"What would they get if they know our future, I suppose?!" Beatrice angrily asked.

"For them to know the darkest side of you people whom Subaru gave his trust to!" Kazuma replied.

"What about it? Are you angry that everyone might turn against you if they'll discover something unacceptable from you? What're you gonna do? Hurt them? Huh?" Tanya coldly asked on Beatrice and stared at her nearly to the face.

"It seems this will be the start of some revelatiooooons to happeeeen, Beatrice." Roswaal said.

"Revelations?" Emilia asked.

"Why... Why are you holding that book like it's so precious? That's not the same book as the Witch Cultists had... is it? It only looks like one, right? Why aren't you denying it?" Subaru asked.

"I haven't been commanded to answer that question." Beatrice replied.

"What's written in that book? What's it telling you to do?" Subaru asked.

"That question isn't in the book either, I suppose." Beatrice replied.

"Are you not allowed to do anything that's not in the book?! Then when you gave me cover earlier-- " Subaru said.

"That question isn't here, either." Beatrice replied.

"Then why are you talking to me right now?! Why did you save me from death's door?!" Subaru angrily asked.

"I don't know!" Beatrice replied.

"Are you saying you can't do anything that's not written in that book?!" Subaru angrily asked.

"Yes, I suppose! That's right. Everything I do is in accordance with the Gospel's guidance, I suppose! That is the meaning of my life! That is the purpose of my existence!" Beatrice replied.

Everyone fell silent after hearing this. All of Beatrice's doings were all according to the Gospel. Emilia couldn't believe that Beatrice would obey everything that is written from the Gospel. Rem on the other hand couldn't utter a single word after she starts to understand Beatrice's existence in the mansion.

"If she does everything that is written on the Gospel, then who gave or made the Gospel for her?" Reinhard asked.

"Roswaal has a possible connection with Echidna, am I right? Does that mean that Beatrice is also... one of Echidna's people?" Crusch asked.

'If I dare say something that might make everyone realize that Roswaal is my student and Beatrice is made by me, plus that Gospel she has was from me, Kazuma-sama might steal something more from me. Please give back my panties.' Echidna thought.

"Beatrice-sama..." Rem uttered while her head is lowered.

"What is it, I suppose?" Beatrice asked.

"Tell me, honestly... Are you... a Spirit made by Echidna?" Rem asked and everyone was shocked to hear this.

"How did she...?!" Echidna uttered.

"I'm starting to put all the pieces of the puzzles together into one. If Carmilla was right of you and Roswaal-sama having a connection together, and Beatrice-sama is known to be a Spirit that works under Roswaal-sama, it means that she is too made by you, right? Roswaal-sama in my own view can't create any spirits. Is it true?" Rem asked in a very serious gaze on Beatrice.

"Rem... when did you..." Reinhard uttered.

"I'm trying to solve everything for Subaru-kun. On how, why these people, what are their motives, and what such scenarios might happen or appear that will be a great challenge to Subaru-kun. Without Subaru-kun, all of the darkest secrets and events that most of us didn't see or experienced won't be revealed. And those things might bring despair to us all." Rem replied.

"You may be right or wrong, Reeeeem. However, we also did things for Subaru to help him accomplish his missions. We aren't really bad at aaaaall." Roswaal said.

"You guys aren't bad? Screw that!" Mimi exclaimed.

"Then what are your true motives at all on us?!" Otto angrily asked.

"Now, now. Whatever Rem said are her assumptions. It can be true or not. So let's go further into this episode, shall we?" Naofumi asked and everyone nodded.

"Did you try to save me because the book told you to? And when you saved me after I'd been cursed, and when you helped me when I couldn't even stand up?! And when we goofed off, yelled at each other, acted like dorks together--" Subaru was stopped by Beatrice.

"I told you! Yes, that is why I suppose! Everything I've done, everything I've seen, everything I've said... All of it was written in this book! As if you ever could have moved my heard on your own, I suppose! Don't be so full of yourself, human! Everything I do is for Mother! You are just... You are just... A human... A human! A human!" Beatrice yelled at Subaru. Subaru on the other hand stands up slowly and walks towards Beatrice.

"Don't touch me, human! I don't even know you, I suppose, human! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!!" Beatrice yelled and smashed the Gospel to Subaru's face with blood splashed on it.

"Mother... Who is this "Mother" you mean?" Emilia asked.

"None of your business." Beatrice replied.

"Is she the "Mother" you're talking about?" Rem asked while pointing Echidna.

"None of your business, you maid--" Beatrice was stopped as she got grabbed by Rem on her shoulders.

"THEN WHO IS THIS MOTHER?! Why did you save him on purpose if you would just hurt him more?!" Rem roared at her face while shaking her. Echidna was about to move but Kazuma looked at her.

"Rem, calm down! This isn't the time for interrogation! It hurts but, all we have to do is to watch all of these painfully." Ram said.

"You too... You really cared for Roswaal-sama, right, Sister? I just got defeated and after that battle then all of a sudden, Subaru-kun starts to get surrounded by tons of problems! I can't accept all of these about to happen in the future for Subaru-kun! No!" Rem cried.

"Not you too, Beatrice? I thought you are on good terms with Natsuki-san. But you...? How dare you..." Otto uttered angrily.

"Back then... I was so happy..." Subaru uttered. The door opened and Elsa enters the room.

"Elsa?!" Felt asked.

"Not her again..." Wilhelm uttered angrily.

"What a shame." Elsa said. She's about to turn around but Subaru grabs her leg.

"Oh?" Elsa asked.

"...ea...tri..." Subaru uttered.

"How wonderful. He truly cares about you." Elsa said. She grabs her dagger and smashes it towards Subaru's bowel. Beatrice had a shocked expression on her face while seeing Subaru getting killed by the bowel hunter and Subaru now returns to the Sanctuary.

"Subaru!!" Emilia cried.

"Elsa... does that mean... Frederica was really taken out for good?" Minerva asked.

"That was quick and eeeeasy." Roswaal said.

"What did you say?!" Julius angrily asked.

"I thought you have a contract with Subaru that you'll protect him no matter what... But why did you allowed Elsa to kill him just like that...? Is it because of the Gospel? Of that mother?" Felt asked.

"Yeah! What about that contract?! How powerful is that Gospel that even your contract with him was ignored?! You foolish brat!" One villager yelled.

"How dare you do this to Subaru-sama?!" Another villager cried and all of them ranted towards Beatrice who starts to feel uneasy towards them.

"I-I'm... I'm just confused, I suppose!" Beatrice cried.

"Confused?! When Spirits get confused, huh?! If you knew there was a contract between you and Natsuki-san, then you won't be able to get confused because that was your work of protecting him!" Otto yelled.

"If I was not naïve before, maybe I could've protected Subaru-kun. It seems that this was all according to the plan, right?" Rem asked.

"Who are you talking to?" Puck asked.

"You know who you are! You're happy of these moments now?!" Rem angrily said to everyone.

"Everyone is suspect right now..." Kazuma whispered and gets elbowed by Tanya.

"Emilia... My restart point hasn't changed. This is the third time. Emilia!" Subaru called on Emilia who starts to cry again.

"No... You're wrong! It wasn't me! Help me, Puck... Puck..." Emilia cried.

"Stay strong, Emilia... Emilia! Emilia!" Subaru yelled.

"Subaru?" Emilia asked and the two walked out of the Sanctuary. The same events happened earlier like from the past loop and the scene shifted to Emilia.

"I'm sorry, Subaru, for losing my composure like that." Emilia said.

"Hey, it's fine." Subaru said.

"But, I..." Emilia uttered.

"Just rest for tonight. We can talk tomorrow." Subaru said.

"Right." Emilia said.

"Ram, take care of Emilia." Subaru said and she nodded.

"All that's left is to talk to Roswaal. I've gotta make sure to ask him about Beatrice this time, since I couldn't last time." Subaru said outside the house.

"Natsuki-san? Natsuki-san, are you listening?" Otto called.

"Oh." Subaru said.

"Natsuki-san, are you all right?" Otto asked.

"Yeah, of course! I'm just great! Perfect, in fact! Does anything look off to you?" Subaru asked.

"No, nothing looks off at all. You appear very calm." Otto replied.

"Right? So--"

"Even with Emilia-sama in her current state. So am I wrong to find your calmness concerning?" Otto asked in a serious gaze.

"He realized that Subaru isn't panicking about Emilia's situation because this has happened on the last loop." Al said.

"Exactly. And Otto might've realized that something's wrong about him." Ferris said.

"You think... I'm too calm right now?" Subaru asked.

"Yes. I don't think that's a bad thing. But..." Otto uttered.

"No, thanks to you, I'm more confident now. Thanks, Otto." Subaru said.

"Huh?" Otto asked

"That proves I can still think rationally about things, even after all that's happened." Subaru said.

"That's a nice way to explain his true emotions after what happened. To prevent Otto get curious more of him." Al said.

"I won't know that he has been on a new loop either. I'm just curious at all on that one, I guess." Otto said.

"No, but... There's a huge difference between looking calm and being able to think about things rationally, in my opinion..." Otto said.

"This is Roswaal we're talking about. I can't let him keep dodging the subject this time." Subaru said.

"Yo, got a sec?" Garfiel called.

"Garfiel? You're not one to fall into patterns easily, huh?" Subaru asked.

"What?" Garfiel asked.

"I mean, last time you would've gone straight back if I hadn't stopped you. I've got something important to do, y'know?" Subaru said.

"Huh? You talkin' about your shady scheme with that bastard?" Garfiel asked.

"Don't call it a shady scheme!" Subaru said.

"So, what'd you want? Is it about the Sanctuary?" Subaru asked.

"What the hell else d'you think I'd wanna talk to you about?" Garfiel asked.

"Well, you might want some info on Ram. She prefers tall guys who wear clown makeup--" Subaru was stopped by Garfiel.

"Barusu..." Ram angrily uttered.

"It sounds hilarious." Kadomon laughed.

"Sucks that truth really hurts, right Ram?" Ricardo said.

"Yuck." Lucas said.

"Cut it out! You're depressing me!" Garfiel scowled.

"So on that note, we're gonna go chat about our love lives!" Subaru said with a thumbs up.

"Natsuki-san... But..." Otto cried.

"C'mon, Otto. Save it for tomorrow, okay?" Subaru asked.

"A-All right, fine. I'll be counting on you to deal with the margrave tomorrow." Otto said and leaves. Garfiel now looks at Subaru after Otto left.

"This ain't the place. Follow me." Garfiel said.

"Where are they going?" Emilia asked.

"Dunno." Garfiel replied.

"Otto should've been with Subaru this time. The events of this loop now are different than the other one." Sehkmet said.

"Another change in the course of events?" Subaru said and he followed Garfiel. The two walked now into the middle of the forest.

"So... How long has it been since you last saw Frederica?" Subaru asked.

"And why the hell should I have to tell you that?" Garfiel asked.

"I just thought it couldn't hurt to ask." Subaru said.

"Hah! She already left this place. She ain't none of my concern anymore." Garfiel replied.

"Aren't you concerned about what happened to her earlier?!" Petra angrily asked.

"Like what my other self said, she left and ain't my concern anymore! And my other self didn't know what happened to her either!" Garfiel replied.

"Gar..." Frederica uttered.

"I know, I know! But if you didn't leave, that wouldn't happen to you!" Garfiel yelled.

"I understand." Frederica said.

"That's the thing. I know you're Frederica's brother, which means she meets the mixed-blood requirement, too. So why isn't she here?" Subaru asked

"Why ask me? The barrier won't open unless someone passes the trial. Nothing's gonna change that." Garfiel said.

"Knowing why will give us more options. I'm the type that wants to have all the information before I rack my brain for answers." Subaru said.

"We're here." Garfiel said. Subaru sees Ryuzu in white attire from afar.

"Ryuzu has changed her attire this time." Puck said.

"And it isn't the black one from earlier." Petra said.

"You're the one who wanted to talk to me, Ryuzu-san?" Subaru asked.

"You may interpret it that way if you wish. Young Gar is my attendant, after all." Ryuzu said.

"Is this where you come to relax or something?" Subaru asked. If you invited me to a place like that, are you going to start sharing your secrets with me soon?" Subaru asked.

"What a smooth talker you are." Ryuzu said.

"So? Are you going to answer my question for me?" Subaru asked.

"You mean the reason why Frederica left the Sanctuary? What do you intend to do with that information?" Ryuzu asked.

"I'll use it to get everyone out of the Sanctuary. Then no one will have to undergo the trial, right?" Subaru asked.

"Logically speaking, yes, you are right. But why are you so obstinate about avoiding the trial?" Ryuzu asked.

"Because I don't want to force Emilia to go through it. It's my own purely selfish reason." Subaru replied.

"This is the same reason he said earlier. But this time, Emilia-sama doesn't know this." Julius said.

"He knows that if the same method will be repeated, the outcome will be the same. So he tried the other way and see how things will work for him." Reinhard said.

"Can we avoid more deaths of Subaru this time?" Petra said.

"You can't tell when will he won't die. It's just that your world is a bit... scary and harsh." Kazuma said.

"Especially that he isn't from your world but he dares to show what he can do for Emilia and his friends." Naofumi added.

"That may work for the trial, but it does not do to constantly run away from hardship--" Ryuzu was stopped by Subaru.

"I'm not talking about running away. It may not be now, but Emilia will eventually have to face her past." Subaru said.

"You want to give her an escape, but not from the things that will hurt her the most?" Ryuzu asked.

"She'll beat it without running away. I have complete faith that the girl I fell for can pull that off." Subaru said.

"Subaru..." Emilia uttered.

"Now do you like this plan of Subaru huh, Puck?" Tanya asked.

"Y-Yeah..." Puck replied with an unsure tone.

"But how it will work though? It seems that Emilia-sama needs to run away from the Sanctuary." Petra said.

"Just believe in him, Petra." Rem said with a smile.

"Rem-chan! You're so pretty! Subaru should have chosen you!" Mildo cried and the kids covered his mouth quickly.

"What are you doing, Mildo?!" Lucas asked.

"You're embarrassing Rem-chan in here!" Dyne added.

"Have you no shame, huh?!" Petra added. Rem blushed and smiled at the kids.

'The kids knew more than everyone who deserves Subaru after all.' The gods thought.

"Tell 'im, old hag! Tell 'im just like a gadgy gwadzeadd tryin' to hide in the mountains!" Garfiel yelled.

"I appreciate it, but I have no idea what you just said." Subaru said.

"What Young Gar is trying to say is that there is no convenient path by which to escape. Frederica's exit was something of an exception. She does not meet the conditions for being held within the barrier." Ryuzu said.

"Conditions to be held within the barrier? So there's something else besides being half?" Subaru asked.

"No, there are no exceptions." Ryuzu replied.

"Then..." Subaru said.

"The barrier determines one's mixed-blood status by the amount of each race in their blood. If they possess human and non-human blood in equal amounts, they will be held within the barrier. However..." Ryuzu said.

"If you're less than a half-blood... like, a quarter-blood or something it can't hold you? That means..." Subaru uttered.

"We have different dads. I'm Garfiel Tinzel. I'm pretty sure she uses a different surname." Garfiel said and a flashback of Frederica introducing her full name to Subaru appeared.

"Now this makes things clear why Frederica can go out of the Sanctuary that easy." Ferris said.

"Frederica Bauman and... Garfiel Tinzel...? That's why you two have different personalities. This guy expresses his emotions in a vulgar but blunt way and Frederica shows her kindness and caring side towards others." Otto said.

"Which side are ya takin' huh?!" Garfiel angrily asked.

"Now, now. He's just being honest, Gar." Frederica said.

"We're sorry if we suspected you of some misunderstandings." Julius said.

"It's fine. I understand how you guys really care for Subaru-sama's sake in here." Frederica said.

"Good thing you're an understanding maid." Mimi said with a thumbs up and makes her laugh.

"Therefore, she can enter and leave the forest at will." Ryuzu said.

"Hah! Enter and leave at will? Don't make me laugh! She hasn't been back here in over ten years! Frederica abandoned this place!" Garfiel angrily said.

"Gar... I..." Frederica uttered.

"Heh! Don't dare to explain!" Garfiel angrily said.

"These two are complete opposites of each other." Everyone thought.

"Young Gar... And now you know. I apologize for making you listen so long to learn so little." Ryuzu said.

"Nah. It's a lot better than just being stuck with unusable options forever. But I guess we still have to pass the trial, then... Garfiel, Ryuzu-san... I'd like to offer a suggestion." Subaru said.

"A suggestion, eh?" Ryuzu asked.

"I'm on my way to get Roswaal and Emilia on board with this, but it's really important, so I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't tell anyone." Subaru said.

"Very well. We will tell no one. Tell us whatever you wish." Ryuzu said.

"I want to undergo the trial in Emilia's place." Subaru said, making the two looked shocked at it.

"Wait for a second! Did he just--" Puck was stopped by Tanya.

"Shut it! It's not yet the time to rant!" Tanya yelled.

"When I entered the graveyard to help Emilia, I came back unharmed, right? That's because I have the qualification to undergo the trial. On top of that, I've already passed one of them." Subaru added.

"You passed the trial?!" Garfiel asked in shock.

"Things have gotten complicated." Is that what you're thinking, Ryuzu-san?" Subaru asked.

"Is that..." Kadomon uttered.

"That's right. Those were the words said to him at the past loop, if I'm not mistaken. And also, to show how he really can handle the situation before they can negatively react to his decisions. Subaru-kun is trying to convince them on his plans." Rem said.

"What will happen after this...?" Felt asked.

"I cannot deny that you took the very words out of my mouth. But I now understand your point. Young Su, there is something important I must tell you, too." Ryuzu said.

"What is it?" Subaru asked.

"Right now, I need you to keep quiet and behave yourself." Ryuzu said.

"Huh?" Subaru asked and all of a sudden, Garfiel chokes him straight to the neck.

"Subaru-kun/Subaru!" Everyone except some people yelled.

"What are you doing on Subaru-kun?!" Rem angrily asked.

"Huh?! Mind if I know! That's my future self y'all!" Garfiel yelled.

"Ryuzu-san! What is the meaning of this?!" Otto cried.

"I assume in this one, the progress Young Su made gets further ahead but things are getting harder as we are trying to stop him. Me neither can't explain why is this happening." Ryuzu said.

"Subaru!" Emilia cried.

"That's unfair! Choking him without a reason!" Minerva yelled.

"Kick him back, Baru!" Typhon yelled.

"That's not easy to do, Typhon. What are they trying to do on him?" Echidna asked.

"I know you must be wondering why this is happening. But I will not ask your forgiveness. As promised, I will tell no one what you told me. I swear it on the name of Ryuzu Shima." Ryuzu said.

The scene shifted to Subaru covered in a blindfold, had a rope on his mouth, and is imprisoned in a very dark room. He wakes up and noticed how hardly restrained he is.

"You awake now? I'll untie ya. And just so ya know, it ain't no use cryin' for help." Garfiel said and removes the rope from Subaru's mouth.

"Someone help!!" Subaru yelled.

"I just said it won't work! This is a part of the Sanctuary no one knows about! Ain't no need to save someone who wants to die, right?" Garfiel asked while pointing his claws at Subaru.

"My future self shouldn't let them talk alone by themselves! I can feel that he is up to something earlier!" Otto cried.

"What are your true motives to Natsuki Subaru?!" Crusch angrily asked.

"We don't know either why we had to do that to Young Su. The change of the loop means a new problem has been set for him." Ryuzu said.

"Which means Subaru has to show up some solution fair enough to prove himself and to continue his progress on the current loop he is right nooooow. Or else he'll die up and will have to face the same scenarios again and again. Just like what I've seen before." Roswaal said.

"Wait, did you just said, before, huh?!" Ricardo asked.

"What is the meaning of that, Roswaal?" Emilia asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about!" Subaru said.

"You guys are pretty famous for being a bunch of weirdos." Garfiel said and pins Subaru harder.

"Wait... I seriously don't get..." Subaru uttered.

"Don't play dumb! There's miasma oozin' out of every pore in your body! You're a witch cultist! The smell's been stronger since you came outta the graveyard. Not many people have this much miasma. So I was gonna let you go if you swore you wouldn't try anything, but you say you wanna undergo the trial in the princess's place? That ain't no joke!" Garfiel yelled and points his claws harder on Subaru's throat.

"You can smell... the witch's scent on me?" Subaru asked.

"Hah! That's a funny thing to call it! It just fits, don't it? "The witch's scent"! What is it you wanna do in that graveyard?! What're you planning? Can't be anything good if the witch's tomb is part of it." Garfiel said.

"This is why he shouldn't die again and again or the scent of the Witch gets worse and will be exposed on others." Ram said.

"But Garfiel didn't know his ability of Return by Death, right? How about if he tells this to them?" Felt asked.

"That's a risky decision, Felt. What if someone... knows that Natsuki-san uses that ability and it will just confirm their theory about him, being loved by the Witch?" Anastasia said.

"Why trap me in here, then? Why not kill me?" Subaru asked.

"Hah! 'Cause you have a way of winnin' people over! I don't wanna kill you and have it blow up in my face like the fall of the Tesla Fortress!" Garfiel replied.

"Then what are you gonna do with me?" Subaru asked.

"For now, I'll just say it's all up to Emilia-sama." Garfiel said and he starts to put more restrain on Subaru who attempts to kill himself.

"Not happening! I won't let you kill yourself, either! I don't have a damn clue what you're thinking, but what pisses me off more than anything is that attitude of yours! Your eyes look just like that Roswaal bastard's eyes! Don't you dare try anything funny!" Garfiel yelled and leaves Subaru on the ruin.

"If he meets Bakugo or Inosuke, things in here will be hell." Kazuma said.

"They got pulled away because if those three met each other, it's over for us." Naofumi said.

"Garfiel... your other self and Ryuzu-san don't know what they're doing..." Rem said.

"Hah! It was foolish of ours, then. Happy?" Garfiel said.

"Young Gar, please don't be rude over Rem here. She has taken a lot of emotional stress after what happened to Young Su and herself in the future." Ryuzu said.

"Fine, fine!" Garfiel said.

"Subaru-sama!" Everyone in the village called on Subaru who went missing all of a sudden.

"Subaru!" Emilia called. Ram uses her clairvoyance to detect Subaru but it was no good.

"Ram, anything?" Emilia asked.

"Sadly, no." Ram replied.

"Anyone who wanders into the Lost Forest at night alone ain't gonna make it back easy." Garfiel said.

"Alone?" Otto asked but Garfiel gave him a growl.

"N-Nevermind." Otto said.

"This guy's a bastard! What you're up to on Subaru?!" Mimi angrily asked.

"Huh?! Like what we have said a million times before, we don't know!" Garfiel yelled.

"Making an alibi like that makes everyone believe at you stupidly. Especially when you have that vulgar personality. Disgusting." Priscilla said.

"Puck, why won't you come out?" Emilia asked.

"Hey, bro. Come with me for a sec." Garfiel said on Otto.

"Huh?" Otto asked and the scene shifted to them in the middle of the forest as he got pushed into a tree.

"Don't you go runnin' your mouth. As long as you don't..." Garfiel said as he shows a precious gemstone on Otto which makes him excited and a bit nervous.

"Yikes! You really do know what I wanted, huh?!" Otto cried.

"It's for the sake of everyone, ya dumbass." Garfiel said.

"You truly have no mercy on Subaru, Gar." Puck said.

"Oh? Says the one who kills him after the princess died according to this brat over here." Garfiel said on Mildo.

"You told him?" Emilia asked.

"It isn't rude to ask, am I right?" Garfiel said.

Subaru on the other hand still tries to break free from his situation.

'He tied me up way too tight! I don't have time to waste stuck in here! Think. What I know right now is that whoever's attacking the mansion will wait until someone arrives back there. As of now, the longest it's been was five days.'Subaru thought.

"Beatrice..." He mumbled with the rope in his mouth.

'Have you really just been following the Gospel's commands all this time? Even if that's true... I would give anything to hear your voice right now.' He thought.

After a few moments of trying to break free, someone opened the door and feeds him with a red liquid on a spoon then leaves again. He now starts to remember the deaths of everyone from before while trying to break free and he smashes his head twice. Footsteps can be heard as someone is approaching.

"I suspected you would be in a miserable state, but this is even worse than I thought. Oh, you need to keep quiet. I'm walking a dangerous tightrope here. I don't want the lookout catching me right now. You and I both never know when to quit, do we?" Otto said as he releases Subaru from the restraints of Garfiel.

"Otto?!" Everyone asked.

"But what was that bargain all about?" Anastasia asked.

"Did you fooled Garfiel, didn't you?" Ram asked.

"Maybe my other self did." Otto said with an unsure tone.

"Better." Ram said with a smug on Garfiel.

"You look pretty happy when I get fooled, huh?!" Garfiel angrily yelled.

"In any case, I'm relieved you're still alive, Natsuki-san." Otto said. Subaru quickly drank the water Otto gave to him due to the thirst and breathes heavily.

"How long has it been?" Subaru asked.

"Three days. It's nighttime... and time for the trial." Otto replied.

"Three days?!" Everyone asked.

"But all I see was a dark place around him. So the Sun skipped shining for three days too?" Lucas asked.

"Huh?" Everyone asked.

"Three days?! And the trial is still going on?" Subaru asked.

"Emilia-sama has a plan in mind." Otto said.

"What has happened while I've been away?" Subaru asked.

"Word of your disappearance spread quickly, causing panic throughout the community. Emilia-sama has especially struggled to keep her composure. She declined to attempt the trial the next day." Otto said.

"Emilia?" Subaru asked.

"Everyone has been looking all over for you, but with no luck. So the margrave told Emilia-sama that they should prioritize the liberation of the Sanctuary so that a search party can be assembled." Otto replied.

"A search party? Did Emilia agreed to that?" Subaru asked.

"She said the margrave gave her some sort of formal oath... So Emilia has desperately attempted the trial again yesterday and today, and it seems she's deeply despondent as her attempts continue to fail." Otto replied.

"There's one thing that keeps bothering me..." Subaru said.

"Huh?" Otto asked.

"Well... why do you keep talking as if you heard all this secondhand?" Subaru asked.

"Oh... You're asking about that? It's rather hard to say this, honestly... The truth is... Garfiel has his eye on me, so I've been running around trying to avoid him, too." Otto replied.

"Huh?" Subaru asked.

"I was there the last time you two saw each other, remember? Naturally, he'd suspect me. Abs then he said to me... that if I didn't tell anyone you had met with him, he wouldn't hurt me. He showed me what looked like a glowing stone as collateral." Otto said.

"And you turned that down?! Ow... And now Garfiel's after you?" Subaru asked.

"Yes, so I picked up all this information while on the run. Though it's pretty funny how long it got drawn out, considering this was the funner option." Otto said with a nervous smile.

"You rejected the offer and played with him to get information on Subaru's location... Otto, you're amazing!" Felt exclaimed.

"E-Eh? Do I? I think I my future self did the right thing on saving Subaru from this merciless guy." Otto chuckled.

"You really are a lifesaver, Otto." Rem said and smiles at Otto.

"Th-Thank you, Rem-chan..." Otto said. Carmilla pats his head while Daphne sniffs at him.

"Y-You two...?!" Otto cried.

"G-Good job out there... O-Otto-kun..." Carmilla said while patting his head.

"*sniff* *sniff* That's a victory for Otto." Daphne whispered.

"You lost, for real." Kadomon said on Garfiel.

"Yeah, yeah, you bastards." Garfiel said.

"Sometimes, losers tend to be losers when they don't accept defeat quickly and with honesty." Al said.

"What did ya say?!" Garfiel angrily asked.

"Quit picking on me! Are you insane?! Why did you do that?! I really am grateful that you came to save me. Frankly, until I saw your face, I was thinking I'd be better off dead. But... I can't see why you would help me." Subaru said.

"Listen, Natsuki-san... Is it really such a strange thing to try to help a friend?" Otto asked. Subaru's serious look softened after hearing this and he spaced out for a while.

"Wh-Why are you standing there like a statue with such a shocked face?" Otto asked.

"Well, you just brought up someone I don't know out of the blue. I don't um... know who "Eugene" is..." Subaru uttered.

"You got every single part of that wrong! I didn't say "Eugene"! I said "friend"! You know, friend!" Otto whined.

"Friend? Who is whose friend?" Subaru asked in a blank look.

"You are my friend! I mean, indeed, I came here with you because it served my interests, too! First, there was the oil, then you saved me from the Witch's Cult, and then there was a promise of getting me an audience with the margrave... But... When you take all those favors out of the picture, I just think of you as a friend, Natsuki-san. Though I'm not very fond of the way you treat me... But I figure that's just how close we are as friends." Otto said.

"Those words express that treasures are only entertainment for others but... Close friends are truly life's treasures. Otto treated Subaru as part of his treasures and that's why he rescued him and decided not to accept Garfiel's treasure." Frederica said.

"I'm so happy that... *cries* someone takes care of Subaru-kun for me while I'm gone." Rem said while crying and smiling.

"Rem-chan..." Otto uttered.

"Thank you so much in advance, Otto!" Rem smiled at him.

"Y-Yeah..." Otto said and smiles back at her.

"For a second I thought there would be no one to assist Subaru in his problems. But thankfully, Otto is here to save the day." Ricardo said.

"A friend that everyone deserves." Naofumi said.

"I agree." Tanya said with a smile.

Subaru all of a sudden burst into laughter after he heard all of the things Otto said to him.

"Fr... Fr... Friends?! Friends, really?! I get it ow! Otto, you wanted to be friends with me?! Friends... Oh, damn it... Otto, I swear, man..." Subaru laughed and taps Otto's shoulders.

"Ouch! That hurts! What are you doing?! Okay, fine! I was stupid to even say it! I knew you would laugh at me!" Otto cried while blushing.

"Well, I mean... how could I not laugh? You're not the one who's crazy. I'm just floored by my own stupidity. I'm so exasperated with myself, I have to laugh!" Subaru laughed and tears fall from his eyes.

"Natsuki-san?" Otto asked.

"Sorry. You really are my friend, Otto. Thanks for coming to save me." Subaru said and pats his shoulder. And the title "Friend" appeared on everyone.

"That was funny but at the same time a heartwarming event." Reinhard said.

"Natsuki-san better not make a fool of me with that one! For real!" Otto angrily cried and everyone laughed.

"Of course he won't do that." He isn't that kind of person after all." Emilia said.

"Now let's watch the small scene before heading to the next one." Naofumi said.

"A small scene?" Everyone asked.

Otto uses his hearing ability to detect Garfiel and his location as he and Subaru escape from the ruin.

"Garfiel is at the graveyard right now, so we can get you out of the barrier." Otto said.

"But the question is whether that's even possible." Subaru said.

"No need to worry about that. I have a very reliable helper lined up." Otto said.

"A helper?" Subaru asked.

"I was starting to wonder if you'd arrived before I became an old granny. Of course, even as an old granny, I'm still cute." Ram said as she is waiting on the two and gave a smug towards them.

"If you don't love that clown, maybe you're really cute." Otto said.

"I can be cute always whether you like it or not. Heh." Ram said with a smug.

"Tch! Damn it, why of all people, you choose that clown." Garfiel said while Ram smugs at him.

"It can't be helped though." Ferris chuckled.

Garfiel opens the door and he finds out that Subaru has escaped and he gets furious about it. He bashed his hand on the wall and it enlarged turning into a beast's claws.

"Uh oh..." Tivey uttered.

"Gar's transformation..." Frederica said.

"What will he look on his beast form?!" Otto cried.

"Way worse than you thought!" Garfiel angrily yelled.

"Subaru-sama must be careful into the next one." Frederica said.

"Shall we start now--" Tanya stopped as a huge figure covered in brown robe floats upon them.

"What is that?!" Julius asked.

"A Witch Cultist!" Ren angrily said.

"Woah, Woah! Calm down. I came here for peace, you know." The figure said.

"Hey! Why are you here just now?!" Kazuma yelled.

"If you are here joining us, that means..." Tanya uttered.

"Yeah. They are safe. And Pandora has been captured." The figure said.

"By whom? You?" Naofumi asked.

"No. It's her." The figure said while pointing above as Subaru and his family with Halibel and an unknown girl has returned.

"Who's above... us?" Mildo asked.

To Be Continued...

Another chapter is done! I hope you enjoy this one like the other ones! Stay safe and have a great day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.2K 2.2K 53
After having dealt with the challenges of the Pleiades watchtower, Natsuki Subaru is summoned by an unknown deity to help fix some worlds from the fa...
1.7K 61 1
The Witch of Envy decided to capture Subaru's love and affection by whatever means necessary. No matter how cruel and evil. He must be hers. Emilia n...
10.9K 243 9
You were just normal person with a normal life and you were just suddenly teleported to one of the most dangerous anime worlds with the original body...
1.1K 51 8
Re: Forgotten happened. The VOTW finds Subaru slowly dying and stops his Return by Death to reincarnate him into the Cardinal World. His wishes entan...