Written in the Stars ~ [AVENG...

By xshovel

"The enhanced?" "Wanda and Pietro Maximoff, twins. Orphaned at ten when a shell collapsed their apartment bu... More

Introduction and characters
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
As Good as dead.
The Hong Kong Sanctum
About damn time.
"I love you my darling Katia"
"Goddess, you exhaust me."
"I will not beg for your help. I'm way classier than that."
"After we deal with Thanos, I'm leaving"
"She grew up, none of us were here to see it."
"Angel of Death"
'She's gone. She's never coming back.'

Chapter one

6.6K 143 46
By xshovel

The small girl stood outside of the school building, back to the rest of the student. Often watching the nature around her. The beauty of it. The light breeze flowed through her long brunette locks, her striking blue eyes took in all they could of the scenery. She could bet lost at the sight, well maybe if her brother would stop sneaking up on her.

"BOO!"
She turned around with a small scream to see her brother and sister smiling.

"Pietro stop scaring me!"

"What, you didn't see that coming?" Pietro had a smug grin plastered on his face as he looked down with his matching blue eyes.

"C'mon you two we better get going, mama will be wanting us home." Wanda was the calmer and responsible of the twins, she was very much like their mother.

Katia usually wondered how them two looked so different to each other, but she looked like both of them, with Pietro's piercing blue eyes and Wanda's dark, thick hair, she was a middle ground

The three walked though the busy market to their apartment building trying to avoid other people scattered around them, each of the twins holding tightly onto their younger sister.

***

The three arrived home to their mother cooking in the small kitchen and their father awaiting their arrival.

"Papa!" The smallest runs up to her fathers arms as he lifts her off the ground laughing cheerfully.

"How was school you three?" Their mother called from the kitchen

"It was ok, Pietro won the sports race." Wanda looked at here twin proudly, he gave a wide smile as if it was his greatest achievement.

"Well don't we have a little speedster! Now go clean up, dinner will be ready soon." The tall man put the girl down ushering her to the twins.

"Come on Katia, lets go get cleaned up." Wanda grabbed her sisters hand as the three entered the small bathroom, there was barely enough room for the them.

***

The five of them sat at the dining table eating the food making small conversation for a while. Until loud bangs could be heard from the distance.

"Mama, What's all that noise?" Katia placed her fork down and looked at the mother furrowing her brows in confusion.

Wanda and Pietro shared a look before the brother spoke up. "It's just thunder Kati, nothing to be afraid of."

"If its thunder then where is the lightning? I read a book in school, thunder and lightning always come together." She was smart for an seven year old, way smarter than others in her class.

"You are a smart cookie, little one, but I assure you, it is just thunder." Wanda gave her brother a solemn look, even though she was smart, she didn't understand the war that was going on outside. Katia quickly dropped the conversation and returned back to her food.

"There is nothing to be afraid of little one, you know why? Because our love will always be written in the stars." The little girl smiled at her father, that phrase always made her feel better.

There was a loud sound of plane engines above them before a loud crash ripped the front of the building off taking their parents down with the rubble. That was the first shell.

"MAMA!! PAPA!!" the children yelled for their parents before the building started to crumble. Pietro grabbed his sisters by the arms and rolled under the bed. The loud sniffles could be heard by the three as they hit.

There was another crash, the children turned their faces away from the dust. The cloud dispersed leaving a large shell sitting three feet from their faces, every shuffle of the bricks, made them come closer and closer to death, afraid of setting it off they did nothing but stare. There was words painted on it, them words will remain imprinted on their brains for the foreseeable future. 'Stark Industries'

***

The three found them selves being constantly moved into different orphanages, for six years the only people they had was each other.

"Katia, hurry up we need to make it to the protest." Wanda's voice called to the not so young girl as she was tying the laces of her worn out shoes.

The three snuck out of the orphanage into the streets where people were gathering to protest against the avengers.

A while had passed before Katia noticed her sibling walking towards her with smiles plastered on their faces, they were walking over talking to a man in dark clothes and a monocle over his eye.

"Kati this is Strucker, he has a proposition for the three of us to volunteer for his experiments." Wanda looked ecstatic at the idea, being able to protect their country in a way that most people can't.

"What?! And you agreed? Most people that do these experiments die Wanda."

Wanda wasn't expecting the reaction she got out of her sister. Pietro spoke up quickly to fill the silence, "Well me and Wanda are doing it. Don't you want to get back at stark? For everything that he has put us through?"

Katia never wanted revenge, but she was terrified to be away from her siblings and if this was how they would stay together, so be it.

"Fine, i'll do it."

The older sister's face lit up as Strucker gestured the three towards a car.

They got inside not worrying about their stuff, none of it belonged them anyways, it was the governments.

***
After what felt like an eternity, the car pulled up to a large stone building with armed men surrounding it.

"Welcome to Hydra." A malevolent smile crept onto Struckers lips as he lead the three inside. It sent chills down the youngest's spine.

Immediately as they stepped inside, two men grabbed each of the sibling and dragging Katia in a different hallway. No matter how much she screamed and cried they never let her go. She was thrown into a dingy cell and hit the wall hard. Her legs gave in as she slides down the door. Her sobs echoing throughout the room.

"LET HER GO WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" Pietro yelled at them to let her go. Other agents ignored there protesting yells as they dragged the twins to a row of cells with  glass windows.

Days passed, Katia sat silently against the wall of her cell listening to the agents outside the door. There was one voice that became familiar to her ears.

"Bring her to the lab." Strucker's voice stood out among the others. The lab, Katia knew this was the start of her experiments.

the agents opened the door before gripping the girl tightly around the arms. She didn't fight it, it was going to happen eventually, she volunteered for this.

They walked her to a corridor passing rows of empty cells before coming across two opposite ones.
"Katia?" Wanda called from her cell as Pietro gazed up from the opposite one.

"Wanda? Wanda I'm scared, I'm scared." The young girl's eyes filled with tears as panic rose in her stomach.

"It's ok little one, you're going to be ok."

The brother sounded to be reassuring himself rather than his sister, but she nodded, swallowing the fear and sending it into the pit of her stomach.

The lab was a large stone room filled with various equipment, some people in lab coats and a metal table with restraints.

The agents tied her down to the table, the chilled metal gave her arms goosebumps.

"You are a brave girl, just try not to scream too much." Strucker chuckled at his last sentence as Katia furrowed her eyebrows. Before she knew it, several syringes filled with neon purple liquid were being injected into her body. Her bones felt like fire. Screams filled the echoing room as the pain became overwhelming.

Down the hall, the screams caught the attention of her siblings. Wanda was the first to question while her brother stood in shock

"Is that-" her voice was shaky as she barely got the sentence out.

"Katia." Her brother finished the sentences as they were forced to listen to their siblings screams of pain before it stopped hours later. Out of the room came two guards dragging their unconscious sister. Wanda let out a gasp as Katia was dragged back to her cell on the other side of the building, a dim purple mist emitting from her body.

"HEY! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO HER?!" Pietro yelled out of pure rage,

"We made her strong, powerful. As we are going to do to you." Strucker sounded cold, but he knew that the experiment worked, strucker had his first enhanced.

Hours later, the teen woke up back in her cell to find crusts of stale bread left out as her meal. She ate it as fast as she could, filling the void in her stomach.

As she sat up finishing the bread, she stared a her hands in awe as a purple smoke surrounded them.

She watched the smoke change shapes before an agent barged in and grabbed her arm.
Without warning, the smoke surrounded the agent, suffocating sounds left his mouth as it consumed him. Before it could kill the agent, another grabbed the girl and injected a clear liquid into her neck. Black dots surrounded her vision as it all faded into nothing.

She woke up tied to the familiar table, more liquid, this time a blinding ice blue, was injected into her body as more screams rippled out.

Constant cycles of experiments were carried out, each time waking up feeling stronger and weaker at the same time. Katia only ever heard her siblings screams every so often. They were tested on less than her.

A long past with no contact with her siblings, she missed them. She missed seeing their faces.

The young girl sat in her cell playing with a ball of fire in her hand, she found out about the elements a few experiments ago.
She morphed it into shapes, firstly the shape of her sisters face, then her brothers. She did this every time she woke up making sure she would never forget them.
The experiments were complete, Strucker told her that there were no more coming.  The brunette was disturbed from her daydream by the sound of her cell door opening and Strucker pacing in.

"You have done well, my child. You will serve your country brilliantly with the other enhanced."  He sounded calm, for once, showing his suckers though the young child.

"What about Wanda and Pietro, are they enhanced too?"

Strucker smiled menacingly making Katia internally cringe. "Why yes, your siblings are strong, but not as strong as you my child."

"What do you mean?" Katia furrowed her eyebrows at the man. "How can I be stronger than them?"

"You have many abilities, I assume you know that we did more experiments on you then them, well Your body was able to handle more. Come with me, you will be training with your siblings."

Two guards grabbed her arms as they escorted her to a room, in the middle, stood two people. They turned smiling at the girl.

"Wanda, Pietro!" She pulled her siblings in to a hug. It's been ten months since she saw them. They hadn't changed, but they noticed Katia was slightly taller, her face looking almost, older.

"Thank god you are ok." The older sister checked her siblings face for any injuries before pulling her into another hug.

"I can't believe it, we did it. Were enhanced." Katia couldn't believe it, all of the pain had payed off.

"You three have all got very different abilities and have been training them individually, its time you reconnect." Strucker spoke firmly looking at each of the Maximoffs individually.

"Let's start with Pietro, show them." Strucker gestured to Pietro before he stepped forward.

In a silver and blue blur, Pietro sped around circling the room at an inhumanly speed.

He stopped in front of his sisters, Wanda had already see them so wasn't surprised but Katia stood in astonishment.

"I'd say I'm pretty fast." Katia missed that smirk he had when he spoke. He was right, but fast was an understatement.

"Wanda, you next." Strucker said snuggly at his prized pupils.

Wanda stood in front of some blocks, red tendrils shot from her hands lifting the blocks effortlessly. She turned to her siblings with a smile, her eyes crimson red as the power flowed.  She lowered the blocks and shot energy orbs at them, sending them flying into the wall.

Katia stood in awe of her sisters power.

Wanda walked closer to her younger sister before smiling. "Do you mind?"
Katia nodded not knowing what for. Wanda twisted her hands before sending red power into her head. Katia's eyes briefly swirled red as she saw an old memory of the three with their parents.
Katia smiled at Wanda, happy memories dotted around her brain.

"So Pietro, your fast, and I'm weird." She said with a chuckle.

"Oh miss Maximoff, you haven't seen weird." Strucker chuckled before gesturing his heads to Katia.

the youngest moved into the middle of the room before creating a orb of purple smoke, it morphed around the room before expanding, creating complete darkness in the room. The only one able to see anything was Katia, everyone else could only see glowing purple mist. Katia retracted the smoke revealing her to her siblings, her eyes glossed over with a purple vortex.

She stopped the purple as he eyes returned to their original blue. Her siblings stood gobsmacked. Katia walked over to her brother before her eyes glowed again. She stared as his thoughts filled her ears. How did you do that? Your powers are amazing!

"That brother is not the half of it." The youngest chuckled as he realised she can hear all of his thoughts.

"Well then what else is it you can do?" Wanda was enthusiastic to find out more.

The enhanced raised her hand as a large flame danced around. It soon morphing into a ball of water, the three enhanced and strucker stared as she froze the water in mid air before morphing it back. The ball of water evaporated as the girl pulled winding green vines out of the floor twisting and turning while crumbling the metal ground easily.

She retracted the vines before fixing the floor by bending the metal.

Just when they thought it was done, a ball of light glowed in her hand like a mini sun. She danced it around the room, illuminating dark corners before fiddling it out.

Katia was done, that is all the power she was aware of.

"This is the last of them, I've never used light before-" she stopped suddenly before clutching her back in pain.

"Kati? Katia what's wrong?" Her brother came up in front as light began emitting out of her back.

"I don't know what is happening."

All of a sudden, light lit up behind her causing a large pair of wings spread from her back encasing her body before stretching.

"You have wings?" Wanda was stunned. The large feathered wings moved as the girl rolled her shoulders back.

"I didn't know, It's part of light I think, I've never seen them before." Katia stared at them in awe as she they moved on her command.

"They look beautiful sister." Wanda gave a warn smile as the wings fluttered.

The girl closed her eyes before slowly moving her wings up and down attempting to lift her off the ground. The ground left her feet as her eyes opened to see that she was hovering, her wings making a soft whoosh sound against her ears as she stayed in the air.

"Extraordinary! I had no idea that the experiments could do this." Strucker was stunned, staring up at the hovering girl.

Katia lowered herself to the ground as she focused on returning her wings back. Light emitted from her back as the wings went into hiding.

She stood smiling and her siblings before alarms started ringing throughout the building.

"ALL AGENTS TO YOUR STATIONS WE ARE UNDER ATTACK."

Strucker gave them a look before muttering under his breath harshly  "avengers."

Thanks you for reading the first chapter, ik it was quite long but I didn't want to have two chapters based on backstory. Tell me if you like the length of the chapters or you want them shorter.

See you later
SM xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6K 636 28
"He's taken one hostage." "Information on them?" "Yeah. HYDRA volunteer. Apparently Loki made a partnership with them for the scepter, they backed ou...
8K 98 16
I'm really bad at summaries so just bare with me- Bucky Barnes and Natasha Romanoff we're forced to have a child. They have twins and they get taken...
128K 2K 58
Y/N Maximoff, the younger sibling of the Maximoff twins , Wanda and Pietro , was traumatised,tortured, experimented by hydra. The avengers found her...
116K 4.7K 31
Book 1 in Fangirl Series THIS WAS WRITTEN YEARS BEFORE LOKI AND THE NEW STUFF SO IF I GET ONE MORE COMMENT ABOUT THE TVA IM GONNA LOSE MY MIND. A c...