The Not-so Happy Ending | ✓

By yourneighbourhoodcow

Not everyone gets their prince charming, now do they? Life is not a fairytale. Let's get real now, shall we... More

Author Note
Characters (Main Characters)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Characters (Part 2)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Lucas's POV
1 k Reads!!!!
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Character Interview (Part 1)
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Character Interview (Part two)
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue: The End
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #2.5
Bonus Chapter #3
Bonus Chapter #4
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 1)
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 2)
Bonus Chapter #5
Bonus Chapter #1 (Maddison & Lucas)

Chapter 35

941 29 9
By yourneighbourhoodcow

Hey, my dear readers! Hope you like this chapter ;) Anyway make sure to comment, vote and enjoy!

Have fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Amelia's Point of View)

As we are driving towards the house where the party is supposedly in I can't help but think how eventful this week was. From my grandpa's death anniversary, to meeting my mother, breaking up with Ethan and then getting back together. It has been really eventful.

New Year is just in a few more hours and I can't wait to start a new year. I want to open a new chapter for myself, I want to forgive and forget whatever happened in the past few years and start a new beginning for me, a new beginning with Ethan.

"We are here." Ethan's voice breaks me out of my thoughts. I look at him and can't help but smile. God, I am so lucky to have him. Even after everything he still forgave me, he still loves me and is ready to deal with my emotional ass.

"What?" He chuckles when he sees me smile. "Nothing. Just thinking how lucky I am to have you." I say. He smiles and shakes his head before pecking me on my lips. "And I am lucky to have you." He whispers to me once he pulls away. I smile and peck his cheek before pulling away and opening my door.

We walk out and walk towards Andrews's car that is right next to ours before all of us make our way into the house that is blasting with music. Ethan intertwined our fingers just as we made it to the front porch.

Just as we entered the house the smell of alcohol crawled up my nose. I honestly don't mind parties, but I just hate the smell of alcohol.

Ethan tightened his hold on my hand and pulled me closer to him. "Are you going to drink?" He whispers in my ear so that I can hear him over the music. I shake my head 'no'. It may be new years but I have no intention of getting drunk. "What about you?" I ask. "Nope. I am going to drive tonight remember?" He says as he looks down at me. I nod as we both walk further into the house, already separated from our friends due to the crowd.

I feel peoples eyes on us and shuffle a bit closer to Ethan. I just don't like a lot of attention, it makes me insecure and anxious. Ethan and I walk into the kitchen where he takes a soda out from the fridge, "Do you want one?" He asks as he looks at me. "Sure." I shrug and he hands me a soda can.

We both open our cans and take small sips from it. Ethan is standing in front of me, one of his hands on the counter behind me while the other holds his soda as I stand against the counter, his body acting as a shield in front of me.

"School's gonna start in a few days." He says as he looks down at me. "Mhm." I nod and take a sip from my can. "God, I don't want school to start. I love staying in bed and just cuddling all day with you." He mumbles as he rests his forehead against mine.

"Hmm... Me too." I say as I look into his eyes.

Even in all the loud music around us all I can hear is him. Everything else is blur for me except him. It's like we are in our own bubble where no one seems to exist. "Yo Turner! What's up man!" I hear a loud voice say as someone slaps Ethan on the back. I see Ethan roll his eyes and he pecks me on my lips before removing his forehead from mine and looking at the guy.

The guy standing next to Ethan was someone I had seen on the football team with Ethan. He was around the height of 6'1" and had blonde hair with hazel eyes. His name was Jordan... I think.

"Hey Jordan." Ethan mumbled. "Ooh who might this beauty be? Is this the of-so-famous Amelia." He says as he looks at me with a kind smile. I smile back at him and take my hand out for him to shake, "That's me! I am the oh-so-famous Amelia." I say with a small chuckle.

"Good to finally meet you. This dude won't stop talking about you." He says as he motions towards Ethan. I look at him with a really look and pretend to be surprised. While I am not at all surprised, Andrew and Chase have told me how I am one of Ethan's favourite topics to talk about, and that he can go hours talking about me.

"Oh I had no idea." I say as I pretend to look innocent. He chuckles at that, "Well nice to finally meet you. See the both of you around." He says and walks away. I look at Ethan who has a tinge of pink on his cheeks. "Aww, is someone embarrassed. You have nothing to be embarrassed about. Andrew and Chase told me just how much you love talking about me." I say. "Shut up." He grumbles as his ears and neck go pink. "If it makes you feel any better I like talking about you too." I say with a smile.

"Do you now?" He grins. "Mhm." I nod. "May I know what you say about me?" He asks with a cocky smirk. "Oh you know, just how much of a great boyfriend you are." I say sarcastically. Of course I don't mean that, he is in fact a great boyfriend, the best anyone could ask for in fact but he doesn't need an ego boost, plus it's fun teasing him.

"Hey! I am a great boyfriend!" He says as he wraps his hand around my waist and pulls me closer to him. "Mhm. Sureee." I drag that out. "Take that back!" He says playfully. I shake my head as I bite my lip. "Take that back or..." He says with an evil look in his eyes.

"Or what?" I ask. "Well I guess you have left me with no other choice." And then he starts ticking me. I start to laugh and squirm in his arms, one hand trying to pry his hands off me while the other holding the half full soda can of mine.

He continues to tickle me and before I know it the soda can is let loose of my hold and all the liquid spills over Ethan's shirt. Ethan stops tickling me and looks down at his now soaking shirt. His balck shirt is now clinging onto his chest, hence showing off all the perfect outlines of his body.

"Oh god I am so so sorry." I say as I bite my lip to stop myself from laughing. He looked at me with an unimpressed look. Ethan then looked down at me with an evil glint in his eyes and I immediately knew what he was going to do.

"Ethan no." I say as I try to move away from him only to be pressed against the counter behind me. He smirked at me and walked closer. "Ethan if you do it I won't kiss you for a whole week." I warned. "Really now. You and I both know you won't be able to last that long." He says and then pulls me flush against him.

I gasped as I felt my dress soaking in some of the liquid from his shirt. "Ethan!" I whined as he pulled away. He just chuckled and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Look at my dress now, it's all sticky and wet." I say but wrap my arms around his torso.

He just hums hugging me closer to him. "Yo lovebirds! Want to join us in a game of truth or dare?" I hear Jordan say. We turn towards him and he is looking at us with a raised eyebrow. "Sure." I shrug and look at Ethan. He shrugs at him and Jordan nods, "Meet us down at the basement in 5." He says and walks off to call more people.

"Let's go to the basement." Ethan says and I nod. He intertwined our hands and we both walked towards the room that led down to the basement. Ethan opened the door to the basement and the both of us stepped in together.

"There you are! I was looking for you! Wait- Why are both of your clothes wet?" Madison asks as she looks between Ethan and I. "I accidentally dropped my soda on him and then he hugged me." I shrug with a grin. "Aww." Madison says causing Ethan to roll his eyes. 

I giggled before Madison pulled me and Ethan towards the circle everyone was sitting in.

We all settle down just as Jordan comes in. "Two more hours to new years bicthes!" He yells as he sits down joining in on the circle. "After this game we are going somewhere hmm?" Ethan whispers, his warm breath fanning my ears and making me shudder. "Hmm." I say as I look at him.

He smiles and leans down to peck me but I turn my face away from him hence he ends up kissing my cheek. "No kissing remember?" I whisper to him without looking at him. He groans, "You can't be serious!".

"Oh I am." I say as I look at him with a sly smirk and his eyes dart down to my red lips and then he looks at me with a lost look in his eyes. He honestly looks like a lost puppy right now.

"Okay, now here are the rules, we spin this bottle and it lands on a person who chooses in between truth or dare and then that person spins the bottle and we do this same thing. Is that clear to everyone?" Jordan asks and all of us nod.

"Okay then I will start." He says and spins the bottle. The bottle lands on a random guy with red hair sitting next to Ethan. "Ah. Oliver, truth or dare?" He asks. "Truth." Oliver shrugs. "Hmm... Blondes or Brunettes?" Jordan asks. 

"Brunettes." He says and looks at me and winks. I shuffle closer to Ethan and feel him wrap his arms around my shoulder tightly as he glares at Oliver making him raise his hands in mock surrender.

"Okay now your turn." Jordan says and Oliver spins the bottle.

A few rounds are spent like this with the bottle landing on random girls and boys but not once on Ethan and I. I look at the bottle spin as I lean against Ethan my body tucked under his arm and then the bottle lands on Ethan. "Truth or Dare." A blonde chick whose name is Bree asks Ethan with a flirty smile. Dude, I am right here.

"Truth." Ethan says in a bored voice. The girl pouts at him but asks anyway, "When did you lose your virginity, and to whom did you lose it?" She asks.

My body tenses a bit at her question. Look I know Ethan is not a virgin, and how his sexuall life was... And it was all in the past. But I still felt a tiny bit uncomfortable with the question.

Ethan squeezes me reassuringly as if sensing my discomfort. "I lost it when I was 15 and to a random chick at a party. I don't remember, I was drunk." He shrugs. She nods and the game goes on.

After 15 minutes Ethan taps my shoulder. "Hmm?" I ask as I look at him. "Get up. I am taking you somewhere, midnight is in just an hour and we need to be there before midnight." He says.

I nod getting up with Ethan. "Where are you going?" A now drunk Jordan asks us. "We have somewhere to be. Happy new year to all of you." Ethan says and then drags me out of the basement.

"Where are we going?" I ask once we reach the top. "Somewhere." He shrugs as we exit the house.

The moment we exit the house cold air greets me and I shiver, having a soda wet and sticky dress didn't help at the moment. Yeah sure the dress dried a bit, but not completely. I can't imagine how cold Ethan might be as there was way more soda on his shirt then mine. 

"Here take this." Ethan says as he starts to remove his leather jacket. "Wait no. You will get cold." I say as I stop him from removing his jacket. He rolls his eyes, "I can tolerate a bit of cold, plus your shivering." He says as he looks down at me. "Fine." I mumble.

He puts his jacket on my shoulder and I put my arms through the holes. I pull the jacket around myself and hug myself to form some warmth. Ethan and I walk towards his car and he opens my door helping me in before rushing to his side.

He gets in, starts the car, pulls out of the parking spot and then intertwines our hands. "Ethan, come on, tell me where we are going." I whine. "It's a surprise." He says as he looks at me before looking back at the road. "Surprise?" I ask, confused. "Mhm. Now be patient. It's just a 15 minute drive." He says and I nod wondering where he could possibly be taking me.

We sit quiet for the rest of the ride as he drives to god knows where. I look out the window at the stars and full moon and a smile appears on my face. I have always loved looking at the stars, for some reason it makes me feel close to grandma and grandpa. As if the stars shining above are them looking down at me.

Ethan parked his car on the side of the road right in front of a forest looking place. "Ethan where are we?" I ask as I look at him. He just grins and gets out of the driver's seat and comes to my side to open my door.

"Ethan I swear you kill me in between this forest and I haunt you for the rest of your life. And if you get another girlfriend after killing me I haunt the both of you." I mumble threateningly as I take Ethan's hand and get out of the car.

"Calm down baby, I won't kill you. Not here at least." He says with a chuckle making my eyes widen and stepping back from him. "I was just kidding." He says and grabs my hand again. "I hate you." I mumble as we walk towards the forest. "Sure you do." He says sarcastically.

He holds my hand tight as we walk into the forest, leaves crunching under our feet. "Ethan it's almost like 12 at night and you're taking me into this dark forest to do god knows what and I am really scared." I ramble.

Ethan just chuckled and shook his head at me as we walked further in.

I shuffled closer to Ethan not liking how dark it was. We walked for another few minutes before Ethan stopped. I bumped into his back, "Ow Ethan! My nose." I say as I rub my nose with my free hand. "Sorry." He says and uses his arm to remove a huge branch and revealing one of the most beautiful sights I have probably ever seen.

The place seemed to be in the shape of a perfect circle, with a lake in between and grass and trees all around it. The lake was shining due to the moonlight and all the stars reflected in the water. The trees around were swaying due to the breeze of the late night and the sky was completely open for us to see.

"Wow." I say as I look around. "I know right, 'wow'. That was my first reaction." Ethan says in a soft voice as he pulls me further in. "How is this real?" I whisper to myself.

I then look at Ethan who is looking around, his eyes shining due to the moonlight and by the looks of it this place seems very close to him, as if this place was a part of him and his good memories. "Why are we here?" I ask. He looks down at me as a grin stretches across his face.

He then looks at his watch, "Two more minutes." He mumbles. "For what?" I ask. "Just wait and watch. Till then lets find a spot to sit at." He says as he drags me closer to the lake.

We sat down just a few inches away from the lake, with me in between Ethan's leg, my back pressed to his chest while one of his hands wrapped around my waist and the other intertwined with one of my hands.

He then puts his head on my shoulder. "Three....Two.... One." He whispers and then I hear the sound of firecrackers. My eyes dart up to the dark blue sky and I see a bunch of fireworks going off in the sky of different colours. I look up in awe as I see them just explode in the sky.

"Happy new year baby." He whispers huskily in my ear as he kisses my cheek softly. "Happy new year." I whisper back as I just continue to look at the sky in some kind of daze.

It looks amazing, all of the colours that sparkle with the bright stars.

"You like it?" He asks. I turn and look at him to see him looking at the sky before looking at me. "Mhm. It's amazing, thanks for bringing me here." I say and peck his jaw. He smiles at me, making my heart warm before pecking me on the lips and turning to the sky.

The fireworks stop after a few minutes but we still don't move, both of us just staring at the now foggy sky. "Great way to start our new year wasn't it?" Ethan asks, removing his eyes from the sky and looking at me. "It was... Don't mind me asking, but how did you find this place?" I ask as I look at him.

"I didn't, grandpa did. A few years ago when grandpa was still well he ended up somehow finding this place while on his motorbike. He got me here exactly four years ago on new years telling me this is the best place to sit and watch the fireworks that happen just a few miles away from here. Since then I have come here every new year. Even after he passed away, I came here. It made me feel close to him, because this is something we used to do together you know?" He says as he looks at me with an intense gaze.

There are so many emotions in his eyes, it's hard to read: Love, sadness, pain, happiness... They all are swirling around in his usual olive green eyes darker making it almost black, maybe it's because there is no light other than the moonlight right now or make it's because of how much he is feeling... I don't know.

Ethan is a very determined person you can say. From the first day I met him till now I have seen so many different sides... But determination is something that is very prominent in him. If Ethan wants something, he gets it determinedly. If Ethan loves someone, he will love them determinedly and if I am being honest it may be one of my favourite traits in him. Ethan can be cold and distant but once he lets you in, you're in and there is no way you will go out because you have just made this stamp or place in his heart.

My eyes flicker from Ethan's eyes to his lips. I look back at his eyes only to see him looking at my lips. He slowly starts to lean in and places his lips on mine. His lips move softly against mine and I kiss him back almost immediately.

We both have kissed many times, but every time it's different. Every time it's like there is more feeling than before. Like our love increases every time, and it does. Ethan starts to nibble on my bottom lip and my lips part. He immediately takes the advantage and puts his tongue into my mouth, exploring every part of my mouth I am sure he is very familiar with by now.

I pull away and turn completely to face him, hence straddling him so I don't have to crane my neck so much to kiss him. My hands go around his neck, my fingers playing with the hair on the nape of his neck as my lips are back on his.

Our kiss gets heated by each second and before we know it we are making out in the middle of a forest.

Ethan pulls away breathless, a lazy smirk on his face as he pants, his lips plump and red from our intense make out session. "What happened to no kissing, hmm?" He asks the smirk still on his face. I groan and put my head on his shoulder. "Way to ruin the moment." I mumble.

"It's crazy you know." He says after a few minutes. "What's crazy?" I ask as I look at him with furrowed eyebrows. "How far... we have come... I mean a year back if someone told me I would be so in love with a person I would have thought they are crazy... I mean I was kinda in love with you since 12 but I never thought I would get to express it... Never did I think I would love you so much the way I do now... But look at us now. Two people, madly in love making out in the middle of the forest during midnight." He chuckles looking down at me with love in his eyes.

"I know, baby... I love you so much it's crazy." I whisper as I look at him, my hand caressing his check. "Me too baby, me too... I love you just as much, maybe even more...It's crazy." He whispers as he turns his head and kisses my palm.

We stay in each other's embrace before Ethan says that we should go home. I nod and both of us get up and walk out of the forest and towards his car. We settle into his car and he turns on his heater, considering how cold it was outside. He intertwined our fingers and rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb, claiming it would spread heat.

We reached home 30 minutes later, due to the traffic as a bunch of people wanted to go back home after new year parties or some were on their way to other places.

Ethan parked his car in the driveway and both of us got out of the car. We both exit the car and we make our way inside the house.

Ethan and I walk into the empty house, closing the door and locking it behind us. I hop onto the couch, removing my feet and massaging them lightly. "Ah..." I moan in relief. God wearing heels for hours is not the smartest decision, especially when walking into a forest.

Ethan sits next to me and takes my leg on his lap and starts massaging them. "Thank you." I smile at him. "No problem." And he leans forward and pecks me on my lips before he continues to massage my feet.

After a few minutes I pull my feet away, feeling much better. "I love you." I say as I look at him. "And I love you." He grins.

I smile back at him and lay down on the couch, putting my feet on Ethan's lap. I am not tired, I just feel the need to close my eyes if that makes sense.

I suddenly feel Ethan get up and open one of my eyes. He looks down at me, before he comes back onto the couch, except this time he is hovering over me. "What are you doing?" I giggle as I put my hands on his pecs. He just hums and puts his head in the crook of my neck, his elbows supporting his weight as he starts placing soft kisses on my neck.

He starts to bite and suck as he places kisses making me bite my lip to contain moans that threaten to escape my mouth. He gently bites on my sweet spot and then sucks before licking it, making a moan leave my lips. "Mhm." He hums as he trails kisses up my neck and to my jaw.

He does this until he reaches my lips. He kisses me hard, not slow and gentle like all our other kisses. This one has need and hunger in it. I kiss him just as hard, trying to keep. His tongue then licks my bottom lip asking for permission while I gladly give him by parting my mouth.

His tongue immediately enters my mouth and his hand starts exploring my body, stopping at my butt and giving it a firm squeeze causing me to moan. My hands find its way into his hair and I tug on it causing him to moan.

He pulls away, needing air just like me. He stares down at me, his lips parted and swollen and his hair messed up as he pants and I am sure I look the same. "You're so beautiful." He mumbles. I blush and look at him saying nothing. "I love it when you blush." He says and kisses both my flaming red cheeks.

I giggled when he placed a kiss on my nose causing him to chuckle. His eyes then went back to my lips and before I knew it his lips were back on mine.

As we kissed hungirly my hands travelled to the hem of his shirt and I tugged at it. "Bedroom." I mumbled, suddenly realizing we were in the living room on the couch. Ethan grumbled something against my lips and his hands slid down to my thighs and he wrapped them around his waist before standing up, lifting me with him, his lips never leaving mine.

My hands go around his neck as he starts walking up the stairs, all while kissing me. He walks into his open room door, closing the door shut with his leg. He pulls away from me, and drops me on the bed. I crawl up and put my head on the pillow, my hair spread around the pillow and my legs slightly parted as I pant.

"So fucking gorgeous." He mumbles as he hovers over me. "I love you." He whispers before smashing his lips back onto mine.

We kiss each other hungirly and I feel the need to feel his skin on mine. Both our hands are roaming over each other's bodies and I tug at the bottom of his shirt telling him to remove it. He pulls away and removes his shirt in one swift move before his lips are back on mine.

His lower half grinds against my lower half. Only then do I feel his boner and the feeling causes me to moan against his mouth.

His hand goes to the hem of my dress and he looks at me, his eyes asking for permission and I nod immediately, not hesitating one bit. He removes my dress all while keeping eye contact with me. He throws my dress next to his black shirt on the floor and then his eyes dart down to my boobs, his eyes darkening at the sight of them.

I menatlly pat myself on the back for wearing a matching black lace set.

His eyes go lower and he licks his lips. Not being able to hold longer I pull his face up and smash his lips on mine.

His hands go on my hips and he holds them in a tight grip, for sure leaving finger marks as his body grinds against mine. I moan at the feeling and move my hips with his.

"W-We should stop." He pants as he pulls away.

"No." I whisper.

"No?" He asks with wide eyes.

"I don't want to stop. I am ready." I whisper the last part.

"Amelia... Are you sure? You don't have to do this. You don't have to feel obligated to do this.... I can wait for as long as you need me to." He says with sincerity.

"I am sure. And I am doing this because I want to, I don't feel obligated. Do you want to do this?" I ask.

"Of course. But I can wait." He says.

"Ethan I am one hundred percent sure I want to do this." I whisper.

"God, I love you so much." He says.

"And I love you." I whisper back and as those words leave my mouth his mouth comes crashing onto mine.

And that night we made love for the first time.

~~~~~~~~~~

Just a side note... I don't write smut and this book is not going to have ANY smut. Maybe my books in the future, but not this one. If it would have had smut I would have made sure to turn on the mature tag. Anyway hope you liked the chapter! Next update on Tuesday!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

298K 6.4K 52
Ethan Lane was your typical player. He was smooth, handsome, manly, successful and a total chick magnet. Women loved him and men wanted to be him. He...
426K 10.6K 78
I feel his dirty hands touch me once more and move up higher to my thighs. I try to jerk them away but he locks my arms in his hand above my head as...
14.5K 393 15
I watched as he rubbed the back of his neck and turned around, walking away but stopping after a few steps and he turned around to face me, with a sm...
1.2K 12 23
I walked down the hallway quickly as I tried to get to class. Suddenly, a hand was classed over my mouth and I was pulled into a dark closet. I kicke...