LANTERN SKIES ( xiao ) ✓

By IZANARIN

━━ XIAO X GENDER NEUTRAL!READER (FLUFF, ANGST, SLIGHT NSFW, +16) . . . an adeptus and a clueless foreigner... More

𐐒𐐚 LANTERN SKIES ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 01 : fate unforetold ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 02 : featuring familiarities ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 03 : a short story ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 04 : cross paths ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 05 : awestruck ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 06 : almond tofu ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 07 : a goner ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 08 : gratitude ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 09 : the duty ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 10 : unfolding feelings ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 11 : a single sorry ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 12 : xiao lantern ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 13 : tranquility and sincerity ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 14 : saccharine moment ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 15 : favor of feelings ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 16 : plead and plea ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 18 : lantern rite ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 19 : heightless hopes ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 20 : rhapsodic reminiscence ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 21 : initiative introductions ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 22 : allay of gloom ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 23 : coveted warmth ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 24 : proprietorial ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 25 : thwarted stems ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 26 : bedlam in daybreak ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 27 : no-win ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 28 : se mirer ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 29 : what will you choose? ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 30.1 : pangs of agony ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 30.2 : sweet dreams ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 31 : future unforetold ˎˊ˗
𐐒𐐚 ENDING NOTE ˎˊ˗

𐐒𐐚 17 : surprisingly sweet ˎˊ˗

19.9K 787 2.8K
By IZANARIN

•| CHAPTER SEVENTEEN |•

❛❛ under the moonshine luster ❜❜

Leaning to him closer, you spoke, "Might as well bite your lip to prevent any unwanted noise from escaping."

Xiao's face was then tinted in red in the heat of the moment as he tries to shove you off of him.

"I thought we are going to spar?" His voice a bit quivering. "Spar in pleasure is what I meant." You clarified, not budging from his forceful pushing but suddenly gave up.

The adeptus couldn't comprehend your words and sat there stupefied, "At the beginning I thought you were someone who easily submits in and quite naive. But never did I come across the thought of you being actually like this."

You stopped for a brief moment and pondered for a while. Come to think of it, you used to plead for your safety for this man and even felt down for days when he wouldn't give you the attention you wanted yet here you are, asserting dominance all over him.

"You told me to make you go to the Lantern Rite with me, I'm just doing what I'm supposed to do." You answered, carefully lifting up his sleeveless shirt.

You proceeded to inch towards his fair skinned chest, his skin radiating a milky glow color from the moonlight up above.

The well-toned muscles on his chest are also too good not to be mentioned as you traced the lines on his exposed skin with your forefinger, keenly watching out for any reaction or noise Xiao would let out.

Xiao's breathing suddenly became heavier and hotter, "[F/N], stop it at once, it's cold out here." His body trembling, reacting to every sensation you made him feel.

Emerging victorious from his reaction, you thought of an even more brilliant idea to go along with the act you're putting up. "Bring us inside my room then."

From your words alone he immediately got up, saying no words at all and fixed his shirt back on.

"I'm not finished yet!" you spat, unsatisfied since there are still lots of things to do you have in store for him.

"You win." He answered and you've never felt so conflicted in your entire life. You could swear on your life yhat ever since you encountered him, there have been lots of mysteries yet to be unfolded from his past and his personality as well.

Should you feel happy because he finally granted your request, or unsatiated because you haven't really done much yet?

Oh well, Lantern Rite yearly happens, there will be an appropriate time and place to do what I'm planning, you thought.

"You folded so quickly."

"Cut it out. I'll meet you here tomorrow, 5 in the afternoon." He responded, completely avoiding what you're trying to point out.

All you know for now is the adeptus is very sensitive when it comes to physical touch and that he wouldn't know how to act when there's someone physically near him.

Casting everything aside, this made you want to know more about Xiao. What made him this way and what he went through.

You very much convinced yourself to prepare for a crying session upon hearing his story, it is apparently clear-cut that his past isn't all that pleasant.

˖ ਏਓ ˖

With the help of Xiangling, you are pretty much confident with how you look as of now.

You decided to have a special outfit just for this particular night, it's nothing that different from what you usually wear, but alterations were made thus making it unique apart from the usual.

She had been of great assistance to picking the hairstyle that would compliment you the most, seeing your all out look made you feel positive for this night.

"I have high hopes for this Lantern Rite to become memorable for others." You said out of the blue whilst Xiangling fixed your clothes with a bright smile on her face.

"Let's hope so." She says and steps backward to see your outfit as a whole. Xiangling thoroughly examines each spot of the clothes to see if there are anything that need some adjustments but fortunately, everything about it seemed perfect already.

"How about you, Xiangling? Who will you spend the Lantern Rite with?"

"Oh, Xingqiu, Chongyun and I will meet up later, no worries. We're not certain if Hu Tao will come though." Her tone as usual, bright and gleeful that later faded as she mentioned Hu Tao's uncertainty for coming with the trio. "I'm sure she will. Maybe she just plans to pull a prank on you just when you three thought she wouldn't come?" You gave your two cents about the eccentric girl after hearing stories from the chef herself.

"You're right, how could I have not thought of that!" Xiangling whined playfully then later laughed it off.

Silence soon filled the room, as a smile crept up on your lips, you couldn't stop the excitement you're feeling that is brimming inside you within.

Just thinking about meeting up with Xiao later by the balcony and he will bring you around the Harbor instantaneously makes your heart thump faster and louder.

The feeling of spending such an important event with an important loved one, is immense.

"Alright, everything's okay now! You better not leave Xiao hanging! Happy Lantern Rite, [F/N]!" Xiangling bid her farewell as she dashed down the flight of stairs, disappearing within several seconds.

"Thank you Xiangling, Happy Lantern Rite and enjoy!" You responded and waved your hand.

You heaved a sigh, suddenly feeling nervous as the time ticked by second by second, Xiao would be there anytime now.

Shaking your head vigorously to somehow get rid of the thoughts, you tugged your [H/C] locks behind your ear and proceeded to tread carefully with each step to the balcony of the Inn.

And there you saw the adeptus, holding his Jade spear from the right hand, sun about to set in the background that never fails to put him in a serene mood.

His back facing you, you can perfectly see every detail of his clothing and the emerald tattoo on his right arm. Everything he wears must've had some symbolism to him, you thought.

The piercing wind that broke in caught you off guard, and so your hairstyle got slightly ruined and you groaned.

Xiangling's effort, rest in peace.

You felt bad for the chef's efforts to keep your hair tidied and stylish at the same time and thought about her many attempts of accomplishing the style she's going for.

"What are you looking down for, grieving all of a sudden?" The voice husky yet warm at the same time, and it was from none other than the adeptus you had looked forward to meeting tonight.

You glanced at the messy locks of your hair that got ruined by the gust of wind and sighs, "My hair got ruined and it was Xiangling who did it for me."

Xiao's eyes conveyed nothing but appreciation and concern as he looked at you with his usual, iconic piercing gaze.

"It's not bad as you think it is. Despite your disheveled, unkempt hair, you still look... Breathtaking." He replies hesitantly while combing your hair with his fingers carefully.

You avert your gaze away from him, feeling embarrassed.

"What's with you, suddenly saying a compliment like that?"

He only chuckles lightly and grabs ahold of your hand.

"Hush now or we won't get a glimpse of the Mingxiao Lantern in the sky." The adeptus, not bothering to answer your question only held you close to his body.

˖ ਏਓ ˖

A/Q: Who's your main 4?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.2K 3.6K 34
❝ Is this another bitter herb you're forcing me to eat, you mortal? ❞ ❝ No, little Xiao, it is simply a pretty flower. ❞ ⤷ 𝘟𝘪𝘢𝘰 𝘹 𝘨/𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥...
80.6K 2.9K 28
◠ 🛒 ˒ 𝗻𝘦𝘄 𝗺𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗮𝗴𝗲 ! : @xiaoyk: i hate you sm and i hope you trip in front of everyone @...
227K 5.9K 46
This is a Reader X Xiao book Reader is gender-neutral! ~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~ Y/n was held captive for years before stumbling upon a boy who was forced into their...
139K 5.5K 23
[ 𝙓𝙞𝙖𝙤/𝙁𝙚𝙢!𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧 ] After two-thousand years, you got to see the light of day once more. Like the civilization of long ago, your memory...