𐐒𐐚 18 : lantern rite ˎˊ˗

•| ⊱ CHAPTER EIGHTEEN ⊰ |•

•| CHAPTER EIGHTEEN |•

❛❛  wishes carried by the lanterns ❜❜

"Hush now or we won't get a glimpse of the Mingxiao Lantern in the sky." The adeptus, not bothering to answer your question only held you close to his body.

He pulled you to his figure gently, your skin coming in contact with his suddenly ignited a spark in between, sending jolts of excitement coursing throughout your body.

"Y-Yeah, we should get going." Stuttering from the feeling, Xiao shrugged it off only. "Hold on tight." thus, vanishing into the thin air while leaving teal and dark embers of anemo element behind.

The trip from Wangshu Inn to Liyue Harbor didn't take long, special thanks to Xiao's adeptal power of travelling in the speed of light with no haste at all.

Xiao made sure to tend to you as he continued to stride over heaps of mountains and cliffs, asking if you wanted to rest for a while since travelling on foot rapidly might be too much for a mortal like you. You reassured him that you'll be fine since this is not the first time it happened.

Caring, affectionate and tender. There are alot more of words you can use to describe Xiao, but those three take the spot as to what he's showing you as of now. You never once imagined there would be someone who would fill the void you had in you in spite of having no clue about your past.

Other than that, you had come to a conclusion that it doesn't really matter anymore and you should focus on what lies ahead instead, since there was nothing you can do about what happened in your days that have elapsed.

Your eyes fixated on the man beside you, settling down on the grassy hill the both of you landed upon for he chose this spot to gawk over the lanterns about to be released afloat into the sky.

Aside from the denizens of Liyue keeping hold of their own Xiao Lanterns, the bright light of the stalls scattered around the Harbor  illuminated the city, along with the smiles on the faces of the people that kept the Lantern Rite in harmony.