Hero of Resilience: Halo

By TheHinokami

Join us as we explore the story of what if Izuku Midoriya was expelled on the day of the quirk apprehension t... More

Chapter 1: Expelled?
Chapter 2: Decisions
Chapter 3: Inko Midoriya & Talk Pt 1.
Chapter 4: Talk Pt. 2
Chapter 5: It's A Wild Gran Torino!
Chapter 6: Past Comes To Light
Chapter 7: Quirk Training & UA Vs Eraserhead
Chapter 8: Fourth Day of Training & Talk of Sir Nighteye
Chapter 9: Arriving at Shiketsu
Chapter 10: Dorms & Roommate!
Chapter 11: First Day!
Chapter 12: First Days are easy? No! Training Start!
Chapter 13: First Combat Training
Chapter 14: U.S.J!?
Chapter 15: Dadmight!?
Chapter 16: UA Aftermath & Decision
Chapter 17: DadMight Time & Conversations
Chapter 18: Training for the Sports Festival
Chapter 19: UA High Sports Festival
Chapter 20: Shiketsu High Sports Festival Pt 1.
Chapter 21: Shiketsu High Sports Festival Pt 2.
Chapter 22: Shiketsu High Sports Festival Pt 3.
Chapter 23: Shiketsu High Sports Festival Pt 4.
Chapter 24: Enter General Midoriya + Scolding!
Chapter 25: Hero Names & Internship Offers!
Chapter 26: Internships Start!
Chapter 27: Internship Reactions!
Chapter 28: Internship: Hosu!
Chapter 29: Stain Vs Halo!
Chapter 30: Hosu Aftermath
Chapter 31: Internship Over!
Chapter 32: Provisional License Training & OFA Control!?
Chapter 33: Provisional Exam!
Chapter 34: Peaceful Conversations
Chapter 35: Inasa & One For All
Chapter 36: Singularity Point
Chapter 37: Mall Incident
Chapter 38: I-Island! Pt 1.
Chapter 39: I-Island Pt. 2
Chapter 40: Shiketsu High School Summer Training
Chapter 41: UA Summer Training Camp
Chapter 42: Camp Aftermath & Plea
Chapter 43: Ready? Set! Talk!
Chapter 44: Ready? Set! Raid!
Chapter 45: Fighting of Titans!
Chapter 46: Media & Aftermath
Chapter 47: Halo & Eraserhead!
Chapter 48: Bakugo Household
Chapter 49: Dream & Unlocking Quirks
Chapter 50: Dorms
Chapter 52: Provisional Exams Shiketsu & UA Pt 2.
Chapter 53: Provisional Exams Shiketsu & UA Pt 3.
Chapter 54: Work-Studies Start & Giant!?
Chapter 55: Report and Raid Request?
Chapter 56: Prelude to Raid!
Chapter 57: Raid Meeting & Talk With Sir Nighteye
Chapter 58: Shie Hassaikai Raid!
Chapter 59: Return to Shiketsu High School & Relaxing!
Chapter 60: Changes & Hood
Chapter 61: The League's Growth!
Chapter 62: Planning For War!
Chapter 63: War!
Chapter 64: Blood & Conflict
Chapter 65: Rematch of a Giant!
Chapter 66: Lighting the sky!
Chapter 67: Battered
Chapter 68: Wounds of The Battle
Chapter 69: Conversations
Chapter 70: Past VS Present
Chapter 71: Press Conference! -END-
Author Notes & Ending Words

Chapter 51: Provisional Exams Shiketsu & UA Pt 1.

16K 416 191
By TheHinokami

3rd POV:

Izuku and Gran Torino were on the train heading towards Shiketsu High School as they had already left UA. Izuku was sitting on the train and could see the few people that were in his car on the train taking pictures of him and Gran Torino. Izuku just waved at them and smiled and they just kept taking pictures but soon they were the only ones left in the train car as they went further west towards the school. As such, they both started to talk about future plans. "So with you taking over Might Tower, are we taking over as the primary heroes for the League of Villains case with the detective?" Izuku asked since he wanted to be one of the people to track them down since he wanted this war with them to come to an end before it could fester into a full-blown war instead of the small skirmishes that they been having. Gran Torino nodded his head at Izuku's question and spoke. "Indeed, the detective will inform of if he finds anything that he needs us to dig into on the field as he will question people and try to get a general idea of where they are at before we go in." Gran Torino said and Izuku nodded his head. Soon the train ride came to an end and they arrived back at Shiketsu High School.

Both of them made their way into the school dorms and Inasa was surprised to see Izuku back already when everyone else noticed him and jumped onto him. "I'm back!" Izuku called out from the bottom of the pile as all of his classmates kept him pinned to the ground. They all started to ask him how his summer went outside of the fight to the death which Izuku chuckled at how they worded it. "It was... good to a point. Anyway, we got some stuff to talk about." Izuku said as they let him up and right on cue the Principal and homeroom teacher for their class entered the dorm common room. They all sat down and the Principal started to speak up as he got them all to look at him.

"As you all know with the retirement of All Might, the crime rates will start rising as there is no longer a man to push all of it down like we used to. There is also the problem of the League of Villains being on the lose as well. As such, both 1-A and 1-B have been recommended for the Provisional Exams that will take place about the second month of the semester." Principal Suoh said as he looked at all of his students and they all looked pumped up. Then someone spoke and asked if they could have their classes start a week earlier in regards to physical training and everyone nodded their head in agreement. The staff looked at each other and spoke for a bit and they came to an agreement that they would set up some all-day physical classes that would focus on making super moves and training their overall abilities for the next week and a half before classes started up.

 As such, that is how everyone spent the next week or so. Everyone was training the best they could while Izuku himself was also pushing his body and training to get more control of One For All while including Float in his battle tactics. It got to a point where Inasa and he had started to do fights in the air to get better at air combat even though it was rare for air combat. However, it was now time for the school itself to start back up and that meant they had about a month and a half before the Provisional License Exam would start. Izuku was honestly proud of the determination his class has shown with the oncoming threat and he was hoping they would all pass the Provisional License Exam so he could get their help on the field during combat because Izuku doubted the League of Villains would stay hidden forever. 

During the month and a half before the exam, everyone was push as best as they could while Izuku was doing the extreme and they all knew why. He was the protege of All Might, the one that needs to hold society up and Izuku is going to play a critical role in everything that will be coming in the future. During these remaining times before the exam, Izuku could be found lifting passenger train cars as he used his quirk and also used float. He wanted to be able to lift things in the air if, for example, a building started to fall. This way, Izuku could catch a falling building if it was within his weight range and stabilize it so other heroes could get civilians out of the building before it crashed into the ground. They were all impressed and as the final weeks, before the exam had arrived, they asked what percentage of control was he currently at.

Izuku looked at them and grinned big time. "During the Kamino Incident, I was at 50% of my quirk but now I am sitting at 60% of my quirk. So I gained a 10% increase during this month and a half time frame which is good and if I keep pushing it then I can reach 100% soon likely at our next holiday break and before we start our second year." Izuku said and they all nodded their heads at his extreme workouts. Even Gran Torino was shocked even though he was there for everything because he was honestly afraid at some points that Izuku was going to kill himself when he had lifted up three passenger train cars since they had arranged for each car to weigh 100 tons directly for the training purposes. This meant that Izuku had lifted 300 tons which he struggled to do but had done it nonetheless! 

After they talked about Izuku's training for a while, he asked them how all of their training was going and he listened to them. For example, his classmate Yasune Amato who had the Kitsune quirk that gave her nine tails was able to finally bring other people into her weird dimension to travel through places but they discovered a side effect of other people going into it that they are forced to relive their horrible past memories. As such, the staff didn't allow her to take others into it without permission and they needed to have a staff person on-site when they trained it. Izuku suggested that his entire class undergo training through her dimensional travel so that they could use it in the future and it would allow the class to steel their will towards their past memories. After some consideration, everyone agreed but the staff made sure it was only to be done on campus and the training would start after the exam.

Another classmate advanced their quirk as well and made a cool super move in Izuku's views. It was actually Tatsugi Getan who had the Electric Charge quirk that Izuku fought against in the sports festival. Tatsugi had created a dome of electrical charge that prevented others from getting close to him and shocked them. It was more or less a very perfect defense move and he could also use it to trap others as well so it was an offensive move as well since he could shrink the dome space and capture people as he shocks them out cold. 

Even Inasa had made some new moves during his training. Inasa was able to focus his wind into a sharp attack that went around his hands as such they acted as a scalpel more or less. As such, his hands became much more dangerous in hand-to-hand combat if he decided to go that route and place wind on his hands and turn them into wind knives more or less. Overall, each person in the class had come up with new moves or improved their quirks overall to a point that the staff felt amazing with their chances of passing the Provisional Exam. However, Izuku learned of something interesting the week before the exam was scheduled. The staff asked him and Inasa to go to the exam as guides more or less for his class and keep the class under control since UA's 1-A class would be going to the same exam site this year which meant that Izuku's class would be in the same place as Bakugo Katsuki which all of the staff knew was going to be a disaster since Izuku's class knew what Bakugo has done to Izuku. They couldn't change the exam site location now since it was too late to swap the class locations.

Izuku just sighed and honestly knew his class would do something. He didn't want to admit it but they all honestly dotted on him like a little brother or something even though he was the most powerful in the entire class and even the entire school! Though he wasn't going to argue against them dotting on him since he enjoyed it in all honestly though it seemed he was going to need to put his foot down and act his part of the Shiketsu High School's General! Izuku agreed to go and watch over his class and that was how he found himself on the boss with his entire class as they headed towards the exam site for his class provisional exam. As they were driving towards the exam site, he turned his head around from the front of the bus and looked at his class. "I know you will all likely target UA's 1-A class but don't get overzealous and forget why you are here. You need to pass this exam if you want to even help in the coming war so put that thought before pettiness against UA. Okay?" Izuku said and they all nodded their head with determination as the bus pulled up to the exam site.

They all got off the bus and got into a group and headed off as Izuku and Inasa held back a bit. Both of them were already in their hero outfits since they had their provisional licenses already and were just there to stop them from causing a mess. Then Izuku noticed the next Shiketsu bus arrived. This bus carried several second-year students that were recommended to take the exam. These students included Nagamasa Mora, Seiji Shishkiura, and Camie Utsushimi who were all guided by a second-year teacher that Izuku didn't interact much with since he had no real need to. They noticed Izuku and greeted him since he was the General of the school. Izuku waved them off but noticed something that was off with the student known as Camie Utsushimi.

As the girl looked at him, he could see what he would describe as the feeling of lust for him in her eyes which was a problem since Utsushimi was only interested in males that she found extremely attractive in her definitions and Izuku has had an encounter with her before where she told him he was cute but not her type so her having lust for him was odd. It was also the fact that she was carrying knives as new support gear which was weird since she never used knives from what he knew beforehand and she used more hand-to-hand combat instead of weapons. Izuku pulled out his phone that was connected with the school's system and looked to see when she requested the knives as support gear and it was only during the last few weeks of the summer when she came back from her vacation. 'What changed for her to have a weapon that she has shown no interested in before until now?' Izuku thought. Inasa knew Izuku was off and asked what was wrong and Izuku explained his worries and Inasa nodded his head and confirmed that he's met Camie Utsushimi a handful of times and knew she was only sexually attracted to males that fit her weird rules as well. He didn't know about the knives though but agreed it seemed weird. 

Izuku decided to pull up the contact details for  Utushimi's family and called them. "Hello, this is the Utsushimi residence. How many I help you?" Asked the voice and Izuku asked if they were a parent of Camie Utsushimi and they confirmed and asked if something was wrong. "Not at this time. My name is Halo and I am the Shiketsu High School General which means I have the authority that rivals the teachers at the school. I've just noticed a few things that changed in your daughter and wanted to see if anything happened during her summer break before she returned to Shiketsu High School. For example, she has now requested knives as support gear when she has shown no desire before now and in fact, has declined them in the past. I am just looking to see if something happened that we can help her with." Izuku said to the Utushimi family. Her parents explained that she had brought a new friend home that they never heard about before and their daughter seemed a bit tense around them for some reason but their daughter would never say why. All they knew was that it was a blond girl with yellow-looking eyes and that the girl claimed to be from Shiketsu High as well and was in the second year hero course as a new transfer. 

That statement at the end sent alarm bells off in Izuku's head since he's seen no paperwork about anyone transferring into the hero course and part of his duties include introducing and guiding new students regardless of their year around the campus when they transfer into the school or join the hero course even from another department! Nor has the staff talked about any new students at all! What was worst was the description that they gave matched a certain someone! Izuku thanked them and would let them know of anything that the school finds about their daughter's changes and they thanked him for it. Izuku pulled his phone out and called the Principal of Shiketsu High School who answered quickly and asked why he was calling since the exam should be starting soon.

"Principal Suoh, we have a mole in Shiketsu. Camie Utushimi has been compromised and likely replaced by Himiko Toga from the League of Villains. I just got confirmation from her parents that someone that matched Toga's appearance was at their home with their daughter who was tense around said, individual. Camie has always shown signs that throw her character slightly off such as lust towards me when she has already said I didn't fall into her type of men and she now has knives as support gear when she has rejected them in the past. Toga uses knives and from the time at the bar raid, I've confirmed that Toga has some sort of lust towards me as well. I am going to move in to apprehend the individual currently suspected as Toga and will take full blame if I am wrong." Izuku said and the Principal was silent for a few seconds before authorizing Izuku to act as he saw fit and granted his entire class permission to capture Toga under Izuku's watch. The detective with the lie detector quirk would be on his way as soon as possible as well. 

As Izuku and Inasa now moved with some speed to where the class and the second years should be at, they noticed their class talking to 1-A from UA. 'Really... not even 10 minutes here and they are already hounding UA...' Izuku thought but he honestly was amused but didn't have time to enjoy it. They could hear some of what they were talking about and Izuku rolled his eyes. They were poking at Bakugo's villain tendencies that he has shown in his life and Bakugo looked ready to explode. "Ah, is the explosive brat going to try to harm us like he's done to everyone else in his life? I am surprised UA let a known abuser stay in their school." Inagai Masaken said who was the person that has the Fog Of War quirk and helped Izuku train his mental defenses against mental quirks. Everyone from UA looked shocked and Bakugo gritted his teeth as Eraserhead looked ready to get involved. 

"ENOUGH!" Izuku yelled out and his class turned to him quickly and saluted him as required for his position since they could tell by his tone he was acting in his position. Even the second year and the teacher fell into line and greeted him. The students from UA and Eraserhead looked confused until all of the Shiketsu High School students greeted him and called him General. At that moment, Eraserhead's eyes widened and chocked a bit which caught his student's attention. He explained the significance of Halo being called General at their school.

"Being called General means he is the top dog... he has authority that represents their entire school wherever he goes. He rivals the power of the teachers at the school and can even move people in and out of the hero course as he wants. It comes with a range of other things as well but it also means that he has defeated everyone in their sports festival which includes a school-wide one vs one tournament against all of the top people from each year. This means he's beaten the third-years at his school and asserted his dominance over the entire school and is the first first-year to ever hold the position." Eraserhead said and his students were all shocked. Even Bakugo looked shocked but also angered a bit at the fact that someone he saw as worthless was in a position of far higher power than he was but Izuku didn't have time to deal with them as he had a more pressing matter to deal with. 

Izuku looked at his classmates and then spoke out and told them to look at their group text real quickly as he had just sent them a message with a code word. The code word was Tango and the message said that the moment he spoke it then they were to capture Camie Utushimi as she was actually Himiko Toga from the League of Villains. They all saw it and they nodded their head and waited for him to speak it. Everyone outside of his class was confused about what was going on and the second-year teacher was about to speak when Izuku yelled out "Tango!" which sent his entire class after Camie Utushimi. Everyone was shocked as they watched the attack as quirks went off and within seconds Camie Utushimi or who they thought was Camie Utushimi was captured and pinned to the ground. 

The second-years and teacher shouted out and asked what the meaning of them doing that was but Izuku ignored them and walked up to the fake Camie Utushimi. "Hello, Himiko Toga. Mind telling me where you hid Camie Utushimi?" Izuku asked as he powered his quirk on which made his eyes glow a bit. That statement from him made everyone flinch back in shock and the UA students went on guard. Eraserhead turned his quirk on and aimed it at the pinned individual which caused Toga's quirk to go off and reveal herself. "Well.... you weren't meant to be here since you have your provisional license already you know? Shiggy did say to avoid you at all cost since you would likely see through any of our plans... you are the player two in this war after all and my cheap tricks wouldn't work against someone like you he said. I can see what he means since it only took you one interaction with me to see through me!" Toga started to say as she giggled and looked at Izuku with some lust. Izuku rolled his eyes and asked her again where his school's student was located at.

"I know she is alive Toga... your quirk requires blood to work and for the length of time you been back on our campus would require multiple trips which our logs show you going off once every two days so you're taking enough to last but not kill her. So mind telling me where she's at since we both know you will escape police custody anyway? You wouldn't want to upset Tomura by kicking off his and my war too soon now would you?" Izuku asked with a smile as he powered down One For All and attempted a more soothing approach. "Correct you are! Shiggy would be pissed if I triggered the war too soon! Shiggy always did saw you and him are quite the same and I can see what he means as you are both made from the same cloth but the difference is who found you in the end and the purposes you were crafted to serve. You were crafted to defend the world while he was crafted to destroy it... though I don't think you will defend it just like everyone thinks you will. Anyway, you can find your student at XXX, XXX. She's fine and has been given food to keep her healthy every time I visit her. It was a pleasure to see you again Izuku but as you said, we both know I will be a free bird before I ever make it to prison!" Toga said and Izuku chuckled a bit and nodded his head. He then looked at his phone that was connected to another side. Izuku had called Gran Torino before the conversation started so he could go find Camie Utushimi since based on the records she had to be near Shiketsu High School due to the short amount of time Toga was gone on each trip.

Soon the police arrived as the detective came running. "Halo! Did you get... nevermind. I see you have Toga captured. Do you know where the student might be at?" The detective asked nad Izuku nodded his head. "Gran Torino and the school staff should already be raiding the location that Toga gave me. I'm doubtful she lying to me on something like this since she doesn't want to trigger the war just yet since neither side is prepared." Izuku said and the detective nodded his head and told the police officers with him to take Toga to the station to be questioned. Izuku rolled his eyes and the detective sighed. "I know... I know very well that as long as the warp user is around we won't be able to keep them detained long. We are lucky the coordinates for him are unknown to anyone. Otherwise, they would have already broken him out." The detective said and Izuku simply nodded his head and then looked at his class and told them to get inside since the test would be starting soon. They all nodded their heads and got moving with the second year and that teacher as well. Izuku and Inasa were about to move in as well but got stopped by the students from UA's 1-A. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 30.8K 55
What happens when after the USJ attack the teachers discuss the possibility of a traitor in UA and find Izukus notbooks.... What happens when the cla...
44.1K 2.3K 23
It was just a ridiculous event. No one knew what happened before it happened. Shigaraki, Overhaul, Aizawa as well as some hero in training met at a c...
25.2K 577 25
🎉*Completed*🎊 Izuku Midoriya was a quirkless boy who wanted to be a hero really badly but couldn't for his lack of a quirk. People around him would...
85.5K 3.5K 26
Izuku Midoriya had enough from life, he was ignored by everyone even his family. One fateful night the boy was by a villain. The villain lead him to...