Fated to say, "Goodbye"

By Wan_ie

Two young men. From a similar world but two different situations. They were fated. Fated to meet. Fated to fi... More

CHARACTERS
Ch I
Ch III
Ch IV
Ch V
Ch VI
ANNOUNCEMENT
ESTHER SERIES: 2
Ch VII
ch VIII
Come Back Please
ch IX
ch X
ch XI
ch XII

Ch II

629 55 24
By Wan_ie

***UNIVERSITY***

LHONG'S POV...

I was on my way to the music room, where Mew is. I had one cup of smoothie in both my hands, one for me and one for Mew, and my headphones plugged into my ears. I was swaying to the rhythm when I saw someone standing at the door of the music room. One thing I know for sure, they were not from our faculty. Anybody in the faculty knows that peeping on my friend while he is playing music alone after classes is troublesome. 

This is the time when he likes to let his feelings lose. He plays music not for marks or knowledge or any shit like that, but for what his heart feels. I sure am friends with a weirdo, I think. But he's fun to be with. Mew is a fragile person so he does not trust everyone. But because of being fragile he also knows how to be considerate of other people's feelings. I have been his friend since forever. 

We first met as toddlers. Our parents are old friends. He was sitting in a corner at a party when I spotted him acting like he was enjoying it all. It was so clear on his face that he was bored the hell out of. But the nice kid in him kept on refusing when people asked him if he was getting bored. He would simply refuse them by saying, "No, I am enjoying it very much. Thank you for asking, though." He was a prince charming material since ever. I had approached him with ice cream in my hands. He refused the ice cream and my company at first but when I spat the truth on his face, he accepted my friendship.

And we have stuck together ever since. Now, we are like real brothers. I have to be the savior as he is the Mr. Stupid Gentleman. I have to be on the lookout for him all the time. I can never rest because of this idiot. He does not even know how to reject when people ask him out. He would literally say 'no' and then start complimenting them so that they do not feel bad.  Dude! if there are so many good points about someone, how can you reject them? Like, he seriously is the best at digging his own grave. 

His parents are always so worried about him. But thanks to me they can have a rest and not think much about this stupid man. Though he's not always that stupid. He helped me when I was courting my boyfriend. I remember failing for a whole year straight. And then just one consultation from him and Turbo was kissing me in the middle of a crowd. I remember how everyone around us was hooting at us and hyping us up. 

Suddenly one of the two men said something and the other turned pale. I could not see their faces as they had their backs facing me. The guy who turned pale held the other man and started to drag him along. They were walking away like a tornado. So much in hurry. But I saw who they were. And my eyes couldn't believe the face I just saw.

University's Prince Charming!?

What was he doing here? He is from some other faculty. Maybe he was here for some sort of work. But what was he doing standing in front of the music room? Mew is the one in there, right? Don't tell me... was he admiring my friend?! I bet Mew did not notice him there. He is always too absorbed in playing the tunes whenever left alone with an instrument he knows to play. 

I barged into the music room after my short marathon. I banged open the door and Mew turned his head to glare at me. Oopsies! Looks like I interrupted at the wrong time. Now I have to plan how to save my ass from him. Maybe running to his parents can help. Or maybe... telling him what I just saw?

"Can't you be silent?" Mew shot at me as soon as his eyes landed on me. I gave a sheepish smile and sat beside him. He took his strawberry smoothie from me with a grumpy face. What is this about? This guy is nice to everybody in this world but me! I should not have befriended this grumpy head. It can't be changed now, can it?

I sighed and took in a long breath. "Why the hell were you running anyway?" he asked me. I looked at him and smirked. He squinted his eyes. That's how he looks when he wants to interrogate someone. And yeah, that 'someone' is always me.

"You won't believe what I just saw," I said with sparkling eyes. He rolled his eyes, "Just what did you see? Unicorn? Dragons? Or fairies?" He surely won't believe me after this. I shook my head, "Did you notice anybody peeping at you a while ago?" I think I'll play if he didn't notice it. He nodded his head lightly, "Yeah, I did. But this person had a strangely familiar aura." Okay. No playing. I looked at him with all seriousness. He gave his uncomfortable chuckle, "What are you so serious about, huh?" I replied, "Because it was the Prince Charming. And, I am not joking." 

Mew was frozen in his spot. His cheeks were slowly turning into a garden of red roses on the mention of the title. He looks cute like this. The grumpy man I know go was gone and replaced by a blushing mess. 

"You can't be serious! Why would he waste his time here?" Mew has all sorts of reasons to avoid him. "Dude, just for how long are you gonna be like this?" I asked with concern. He looked to the piano keys, softly brushing his fingers over them in a manner that they didn't produce any sound. His blush was fading away, "I don't know. Maybe I'll just have to be like this forever." 

I pity this guy. 

MEW'S POV...

Why did Lhong have to start talking about 'him' out of everyone? I don't hate Gulf Damon. I like him. I really do. I've had a crush on him since freshmen year. And now we're in our third year already and my feeling still seems to not have lessened in the slightest. They are still growing instead. And it's so hard to contain them. 

"I don't know why but I have this super strong feeling that he likes you," Lhong said while patting my back. I looked at him, "Why would he? I'm sure he does not even know me." I dug my face in my palms, "He's the man everybody in the University wants. He has no reason to notice me!" Lhong got up, "Can you stop thinking so low of yourself? You're one of the men wanted by everyone in this University too! So man up and fight for this crush of yours!"

I looked at him and smiled, "I don't think that I can handle it if he rejects me." It was not a happy smile. I just wanted to smile my sadness away. Lhong frowned and then let out a reaally heavy sigh. He made a determined face, "You once helped me court the one I liked. Now it's time for me to repay you for that!" I looked at him with a confused expression. "How are you gonna repay me? With a lifetime of paying for my meals?" I want to lighten this situation or I might cry at my own incompetence. He shook his head, "No! I'll help you court your Prince Charming. Just trust me on this one."

Should I be thankful? I guess, I should. Even after getting rejected, I'll still have his shoulder to cry on. I'm only going to lose my crush and not my best friend. So, there's no harm in trying. Plus he is the one taking the lead here, I can relax. I stood up and pulled him into a hug. He was startled at first but then hugged me back. I don't hug him so often so I won't complain about him being startled.

*2 WEEKS LATER*

***DAMON MANOR***

GULF'S POV...

I called Techno to my place I have to discuss something very important with him. And observing the situation and my condition, I can only trust Techno. 

I was sitting in my room, on my bed, as I mentally revised all the things I had to talk to him. I don't even know if he will believe me. I heard a knock at my door, "Come in." I saw my idiot friend walk in with a worried expression. 

"What do you want to talk about, you bitch?" he calls me a bitch every time I call him to my place. He hates coming here because of that Satan of a father that I happen to have. He doesn't want to bump into him. "Speak fast. I don't wanna see your father," See, I told you. I sighed and motioned him to sit beside me. 

"I want your help," I started. He looked at me, waiting for what I need his help for. I closed my eyes shut, inhaled deeply, and prepared myself for my own words. "Remember the guy we saw playing piano that day?" I need to calm this heart of mine. It's beating too loud and fast. Techno nodded, "Yeah, Mew, you have been talking non-stop about him ever since. What about him?" My cheeks are heating up, I can feel it, "I think, I like him.No! I really do like him! Help me court him!" 

Techno didn't say anything. He was frozen like a statue. I shook him and he asked me, "Are you serious? You want to date someone? With that devil being your father?!" He has a point. But I'm willing to take all the risk it takes to have Mew. I don't know what it is but I feel some kind of weird attraction towards him. I have never met him before but I feel a weird connection to him and I want to strengthen it.

"I don't care. I'll try to fight my father. So, please help me," I said with all the determination I had in me. Techno stood in front of me and put both his hands on my shoulders. He said, "Okay, I'll help you. This is the first time you're ready to fight that demon, I can't refuse." I smiled at him widely and hugged him. 

"But how will I court him? We don't even have anything in common," I totally forgot this part. My friend smiled at me, "Let me take the lead. I'll surely help you get him. You're my loveliest bestest ever friend till eternity after all!" Him and his exaggerations. 

__________________________________________________________

This chapter is much longer than the last one. I hope you liked it.

Please vote and comment.

- Wan <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 379 4
Hey guysssssss!! Chubby is back! With another oneshot! Hope you all will enjoy and kindly vote and comment naa!! Warning:- Mature contents ahead...
13.3K 711 8
MewGulf is BESTFRND FOREVER, but Gulf have feelings for the latter for more than friends, more than bestfriend... everyday he saw their uni's girls t...
Debauve By nurix5

General Fiction

270K 14.4K 28
"You are going to stick with me until I get tired of you." Their first meeting was a disaster. Arrogant, no direction in life, huge money spender. Gu...
294K 13.6K 41
UNEXPECTED SERIES GEN-1 ----- Gulf Kanawut, the cold faced heartthrob CEO of GD Corp. He could kill you with just his glare, a hot tempered rich man...