The Cousin

By allicats12

"Evans I've never heard of that name before, you must be a mud-blood like Granger! You and your filthy muggle... More

0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
Not a chapter
27
28
29
30
31
32
33

11

675 14 4
By allicats12

"No, nope. Not happening, away from each other." Harry said standing up and getting between Fred and Olivia. He then glared at Fred who was trying not to laugh. "You smooth little carrot top." Harry said to Fred who had now given up on keeping his laughter in.

Fred laughter was contagious. Everyone was soon laughing in ears reach of Fred who was gripping hold of the table in front of him for support.

"Oh Merlín, you should have seen your face!" Fred said pointing his finger in Harry's face. " You were going all protective on her and it was hilarious! You looked like Ron with his chicken!" Fred said laughing even harder.

Harry crossed his arms and looked back at his full plate of food. Olivia watched her dear cousin with her hand over her mouth trying to make her laugh fade. As she was staring she realized that she had wanted something like this. A relationship where you could laugh over someone being protective over you and not because someone called you some name and your friend agreed.

Oliva then realized how badly she had always wanted something like this. She wanted to make her Hogwarts years count. She looked back over to Fred, who was In A deep and hushed conversation with his twin. She decided to not destruye them and head to class.

"I'm going to head to class alright." She said grabbing her stuff and getting up. "If you want I can wait for you Harry, Ron, Hermione." Harry looked at her then back at his two best friends.

"No I think we are alright." Harry said smiling at his cousin. He then remembered that she missed the new students who came from the two different schools. "Ron's wanting to see victor Krum again sometime soon, so we might as well go with him." Harry said quite annoyed.

Olivia smiled again, "it's quite alright Harry, you can go with your friends. I'll see you all in defence, I hear we have quite a crazy teacher." She said drawing the "crazy" to emphasize it.

"Goodbye Ron, Hermione." The brunette waved to her new Friends, and they waved back. Olivia then had to figure out how to get to her classroom.

As Olivia was walking through the corridors of Hogwarts she stopped dead in her tracks and yelled to no one, "when the hell did Victor Krum get here?!" With a confused look on her face, and a drag in her step she finally found her way to her classroom, after navigating her way through Hogwarts mazes.

***

Oliva always like to be early. "If your not early your late," her parents used to say. She never realized how lonely she would get sitting in a classroom when there was five minutes to spare.

Soon enough people started to gather In The classroom, One by on people started to file in. She was hoping to hell that Harry would get there soon, because she felt like there were two holes in the back of her head from where Draco Malfoy had been glaring at her.

As it seemed god had answers her prayers Hermione, followed closely by Ron and Harry came into the classroom. Hermione smiled at oliva and walked over motioning to sit next to her. Olivia simply nodded and moved some of her books to make room for the Granger girl. Harry and Ron sat directly behind them, whispering to each other about victor Krum, and what Alastor Moody would be like.

Just as Olivia was turning around she jumped in fright as a door slammed and seeps followed by a "thump" was heard.

A man with an old face that looked as if it had been mauled by bears walked into the room.

"You can put those away" the old man growled, "you won't be needing them". The man wiped his hair out of his face and proceeded to call names for roll-call. When he was done he set down the list of names and looked up at the students.

"I got a letter from profesor lupin about this class." He growled. "Seems you've had a good rum on dark creatures. You've covered boggarts, Red-Capes, Hinkypunks, Gryndylows, Kappas, and werewolves, is that right?" There was a reply of yes all around the classroom. "But your behind - very behind - on dealing with curses." Moody said in an edgy voice. "So I'm here I'm here to bring you up to scratch on what wizards can do to each other. I've got one year to teach you, so let's start with Dark -" the professor was cut off by Ron's voice that echoed through the classroom.

"What aren't you staying?" Ron said. Moody's eye spun around to stare at Ron. They just looked at each other for a moment, then the professor spoke up.

"You must be Arthur Weasleys son then" he said in a low voice. "Yeah I'm staying just one year." He then turned back to the front of the classroom. "We'"" head straight into curses, they come in many different strengths and forms. Now according to the ministry of Magic I'm just supposed to teach to counter curses, but I think you should see the real, thing head on!"

The class flinch by his tone of voice. He turned back and looked around the room.

"Does anyone know the curses most heavily punished by wizarding law?" He asked  no one. Several hands went up, including Ron's, Hermiones, and Olivia's. He looked to Ron but his magical eye was fixed on something else.

"Well my dad told me about one...the imperious curse." Ron said uneasily. Moody then turned away from Ron and back to the front of the class.

"Yes, yes. Your father would know all about that one...gave the ministry quite a bit of grief the imperious curse." Moody walked to a table with different jars full of different things. Some had animals and others had... different things.

Moody reached into one of the jars, pulling out a spider. He cooed at the creature, then pointed his wand at it and said, "imperio." He continued to move the spider around d the classroom, which by now was full of laughter. Olivia was laughing her hardest when the spider landed on Malfoys head. When Moody noticed the loud laughing he turned to the girl. He slowly brought the spider towards her. "Think it's funny do you?" He said dangerously.

To say oliva didn't like spiders was an understatement, Olivia was terrified. So when that spider got closer and closer, her breath hitched in her throat and she closed her eyes, moving back in her chair. She was jerking her head back hoping it wouldn't touch her, when she opened her eyes again she saw that the spider was no longer there, but when she looked down the spider was sitting there.

"What should I make her do next? Drown herself?" He said moving her to a cauldron. " jump out the window?" He moved her to the window. "Thousands of witches and wizards have been effected by the imperious curse. It was most common when you-know-who was around and his death eaters didn't want to be seen to Azkaban... here's the thing... how do we sort out the liars?" He questioned setting the spider back on Olivia's desk.

"Does anyone know the second?" Only few hands went up. Neville's had went up quite slowly. "Longbottom come up here. What's the next curse?" The profesor was getting into Neville's face.

"The c-cruciaturs curse..." Neville said in a low and cautious voice. The professor looked happy for a moment, then turned to his stone cold expression.

"Good, pretty Andy curse that one..." he then turned back to Olivia's desk pointed, his wand to the spider and said the incantation.

"Crucio." The world effortlessly slipped form His mouth. Neville and Olivia sitting in fear, tiny screams of agony coming fro. Below their sight. Looking no where but forward Neville had tears in his eyes, and Olivia was doing all she could from looking at what was storing on in front of her. Just as she was about to drop her eyes the voice of Hermione Granger cut her off.

"Stop, Stop! Can't you see it's bothering them? Moody stopped and turned to Olivia's bushy haired friend.

"Perhaps you know the final curse Miss. Granger.?" Hermione repeatedly shook her head. The professor didn't listen, he moved his wand back to the spider and once again the words falling so fast from his lips.

"Avada kedavera"

Then the spider was dead.

Alright so it's been a while. Please vote and comment.
Love y'all

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 124 18
Mysterious. Challenging. Hardship. Turmoil. And most importantly, Dangerous. That's what awaits the Potter Twin's in their upcoming fourth year retur...
3.5M 81.9K 131
"Wha-How-how did you do that?" Malfoy questioned furiously. I gave him a cocky smirk. "Just a few simple jinxes. Guess I'm not that much of a Mudblo...
27.3K 693 33
My story is a little different from others. "Of course that's why he knew what to give you Harry!" Hermione tells him. "Who is that? Jayden Potter...
4K 110 17
Harry James Potter and his twin sister Olivia Jane Potter, discovered an amazing secret about themselves last year. They were actually a witch and a...