𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗹𝘀•𝗝. 𝗛𝗮𝗹𝗲✔︎

By -vampiresluvr

"When souls that are made for one another collide, control is lost, every sense of self awareness is gone. Al... More

00
00
01
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
BOOK TWO
Word count and stuff here:

02

937 17 0
By -vampiresluvr

Two; New girls

Words: 1363

"Ooooooo! Look the new girls!!" Alice smiled excitedly, as if she was a five year old seeing a new glittery toy.

"Alice!" I warned through my teeth. I wasn't breathing. I mean I was, but only every few minutes.

"That ones got some fashion." She ignored me. I did look at the girls. The first one, she had dark brown hair, and was so pale. She definitely didn't have the 'fashion' Alice was talking about. She was pretty, but my eyes caught the other girl's. Well more than my eyes caught sight of her, my gift did too. She was confident, not happy, but confident. That doesn't make sense?!

I was almost angry with her.

"Jasper?" Edwards' voice was warning, but also curious. He had heard my thought. I was normally good at hiding my thoughts from him, but this one was impulsive.

"She's confident," I started, even being confident was unusual for human teens. "But she's not happy."

"So, she's sad?" Rosalie dismissed the situation, she hated humans. They were everything she wanted to be, and she was jealous.

"No, just not happy...not anything." I realized she felt nothing, nothing but some overwhelming guilt. She immediately annoyed and interested me. She was already branded different in my mind. I didn't even know her, but her feelings practically rolled off of her.

"Well what are we doing let's go." The oblivious Emmett Cullen was excited. He probably wanted to hear what the new girls were thinking during lunch. Edward ignored the new humans. He cared for them as much as Emmett did, not at all.

I, of course, didn't care much either, but they did intrigue me. Learning their mannerisms was interesting. My human life was so long ago I didn't remember it. Well only a bit, but not enough to actually know more than I was a very charismatic being. That was all.

"C'mon Jasper I see nothing happening you'll be fine!" Alice assured, she was my best friend. She had seemed to like me, but it wasn't like that. I thought she was pretty, but every vampire was.

"I know." I smiled as naturally as I could. I had taken in a quick breath, the burning air swirling down my throat.

They were all watching me. Waiting, but I walked. Annoyed. They were always watching me. I didn't mind if sometimes, but even in the comfort of our own home? It was the most infuriating thing. Emmett wasn't as bad. He only hung around to chat with me, and play chess. He came to do normal things, not watch me.

The morning was uneventful, a torched throat and I was constantly accompanied by an excited Alice. Alice was the most human, though everyone thought she was weird. She didn't care, though. Alice was always happy, and when she was nervous it was never about herself. She was often nervous around me, always picking at my brain to see if I wanted to have a snack mid day.

The thought was mouthwatering, but I didn't take chances. As we walked into the lunchroom I made a loud comment, well loud enough for the humans, "I'm not very hungry I'm just going to go to the table."

"Alright!" Alice nodded, grabbing a tray. It was something I had done when I was too distracted to participate in pretending to be human.

I just sat at our table, where Edward was already seated.

"Who are they?" I heard a curious voice as Rosalie and Emmett started heading their way past a table. The one with the new girls.

"Oh uh those are the Cullens. They're dr. And Mrs. Cullens foster kids." Jessica informed the brown haired girl, Isabella was her name. She preferred Bella, apparently.

"They sort of keep to themselves." Angela interjected.

"Yeah 'cause they're all like together, together." Jessica gossiped.

"Jess, they aren't related." Angela reminded her.

"That doesn't matter." A girl scoffed. The other new girl. Her name was Evelynn, and she didn't have a nickname.

"What?" The scrawny kid, Erick, questioned.

"Yeah, it's illegal." She nodded. "It would put you high-risk in the system—and nobody wants a high-risk kid."

The girl knew a lot, was she a part of the crappy system?

"Any juicy thoughts from the new girls?" Emmett whispered to Edward. "Are they scared?"

Just as Edward turned to concentrate on their thoughts, alarm and terror struck in Evelynn. She was staring at us. Our white marble skin, terrified. Her face showed no alarm, but she sure felt it. She then looked right into my eyes.

If I was breathing all of it would be taken away. Her eyes. They were an intense green. I wanted to look away, but something told me not to. I wasn't using my gift, but she calmed at my eyes. Her brows were furrowed and she was confused, and still terrified, but calmer.

"She knows." Edward snarled, glancing at the new girl, Evelynn.

"What?" Rosalie gasped.

"She knows. She knows about vampires, I think." Edward repeated.

I forced myself to look away, Alice was searching through the girl's decisions, looking into the future.

"Ugh!" She huffed, frustrated. "Her futures all complicated. She doesn't know what to do. She keeps changing it. She's debating talking to us, but she wants to protect Bella."

Emmett scoffed, "Protect?"

He rolled his eyes, laughing. Though my face hardened. She knows? Well we've got to-

"No Jasper!" Alice protested.

"I'm sorry." I wasn't, but that wasn't too important right now. This girl knew about us.

"Jasper! Stop!" Alice was becoming infuriated. I already knew she had seen a future with her, that Alice herself had decided to become her friend.

"We have to stay. We need to make sure she says nothing." Edward nodded. I no longer found this girl interesting. She knew about us, and now she was nothing. Just a stupid human. A human who needed to die.

"Jasper!" Alice looked into my eyes, she was warning me.

"What?!" I spat, the girl knew and I didn't want to live in fear that our world would be exposed.

"I won't let you—I've—"

"Alice you're the one who decided to know her. Not anyone else. Not her." I scolded quietly.

"That's not true it was partially her decision!" Alice covered her mouth instantly, she had said something she wasn't meant to.

"Why in hell would she want to be friends with us?" I glared at my best friend, though she was my best friend I would not hesitate to tell her what I was thinking.

"No reason." She responded quickly, then ran off to her next class.

I rolled my eyes. I then made my way to my next class. Where I found a certain entirely uninteresting girl. She was boring. Nothing important. Just another basic human.

"Oh Jasper you have a desk partner now, this is Charleston."

"Charleston-swan." She corrected quickly and quietly, not even looking at me.

I knew the name. I knew the name Charleston. She definitely had something to do with vampires, because I often forgot the names of people who were unimportant. Boring people who knew nothing about us, but she wasn't a boring unknowing person.

"Hi." I breathed, only to realize it felt... natural. Like I didn't have the scents of every human whirling down my throat.

She glared at me. I nodded, "right."

I reminded myself that she was in fact, a...different person.

"Hi." She rolled eyes, but a small smile appeared.

"Mission accomplished." I mumbled, failing at hiding my grin.

"Yeah 100%." She whispered sarcastically.

Though I could breathe around her, I felt odd. It was too natural. I wasn't supposed to feel calm, I was supposed to be struggling. I was supposed to be gasping for breath when I needed to talk, but I wasn't.

Once the bell rang she got up faster than everyone else, and if I were alive I would have died. The scent of every human being in a fifteen mile radius had just filled my senses. I held my breath, the venom sitting on my tongue.

She made me feel human, I realized.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 5.1K 24
The mc is reincarnated randomly in twilight with wishes to see how she survives in the world which the characters used to irritate him he is reincarn...
72.5K 2.9K 27
˗ˏˋ꒰ 🦋 ꒱ - ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ 𝐐𝐔𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐀 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐀 ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌ ╰┈➤ ❝ [Whatever will be, will be. The future is not ours to see. Don't worry, if it's supposed...
247K 16.1K 108
She decided to do the world a favor and kept to herself ever since she was turned into a demon. Always alone. Others would try to tempt her out of th...
549K 15.3K 52
˗ˏˋ꒰ ✨ ꒱ - ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ 𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌ ╰┈➤ ❝ [(n.) The act of loving the one who loves you; a love returned full.] ❝If it were up to me, I'...