Just a Kid [Derek Hale]

By louNowakowski

{Complete} Entering the supernatural world is hard enough, but getting knocked up by a potentially murderous... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Epilogue
Christmas Special
Other Stories
IF YOU WANT MORE

Chapter Forty-Three

11.7K 314 23
By louNowakowski

"You know, I never thought I'd be sneaking back into this place," Hayley admitted as she looked around the school. Her theory had been correct and she'd woken up feeling loved and happy and filled with importance. Both she and Derek were stood in the locker room of the school whilst Melissa had grandma time with Talia (something she asked for since this was the day where she had the most time off).

"You've been here before?"

"Yeah, course," she muttered, "hot steamy make-out sessions with the lacrosse and basketball players. I was the fun one if you couldn't tell," she mused as she looked around at all the lockers. They were no different from when she was there that was for sure. It was like nothing had changed... that being because nothing had changed.

The sound of the door opening distracted them both and they hid behind the collection of lockers.

"What the hell? Where's my stick?" A voice asked, and Derek stepped forward with a lacrosse stick a smirk on his face. Hayley rolled her eyes as she watched it. She could feel his previous ego returning.

"Is this yours?" Liam turned around and began growling whilst Hayley popped the upper part of her head around the corner so she could see what was happening but was out of any potential danger. Derek then snapped the stick in half and Liam began to roar.

"Liam," Scott's voice rang out, and as he stepped out Liam looked to Scott gritting his teeth together as he did. After a second or two Liam calmed down but the glare was still settled in his eyes and Hayley stepped out joining the three.

"You're right-- he is angry," Derek mused.

"Probably because you pissed him off," Hayley reminded, and Derek glanced at her unamused causing her to shrug. She spoke the truth as plain as day.

"This one's yours," Scott assured throwing another lacrosse stick to the said boy and Liam looked at it to check over for any damage. Scott offered a smile before nodding, "Get to class, Liam," he ordered and Liam looked between them all before leaving and doing as told.

Derek began smiling whilst Hayley looked absolutely mortified, "what are you two looking like that for?" Scott asked.

"You're gonna be good at this," Derek assured.

"Are you kidding? I am totally unprepared! Remember how you said you could teach me a few things? I think right now, I could use a full-on training manual..."

"I'll tell you one thing-- that anger he's got? It'll make him strong." Derek assured.

"And dangerous..."

"Very," Derek cheered looking way too happy and it was Hayley's turn to shoot him an unamused look and she bat his arm in warning.

"This was supposed to be the semester I could focus on school again... But Kate's back, and I've got a Beta, and there's a Deadpool..."Scott trailed off and Derek nodded.

"If all of our names are on that list, then that's what we should be focused on. Do you think Lydia can get that second key?"

"She's working on it..." Scott assured just as the bell rang and he sighed, "I gotta get to class."

He then left and Derek looked to Hayley who was still looking slightly annoyed, "what's wrong with you?"

"Did you see that?" She asked, "Scott just acted like a parent," she pointed out and he stared at her trying to figure what that meant and why it had brought irritation to her. Noticing that he was failing to get it she sighed out a groan and rolled his eyes, "so he's taking my job. If he becomes the parent of all the boys then what's my job? I'm just going to go back to the girl in the corner again. He can't take my job," she trailed off and he rolled his eyes beginning to smile out of amusement.

"Come on," he droned picking up her hand and dragging her back out of the locker room.

Making it back to the loft, Hayley was the first to actually do something as she headed towards the kitchen trying to find some food to eat. Derek on the other hand decided to pick up a book and sit down to read it - he barely had any time to read anymore. Grabbing onto a cookie she turned back to look at him her brows furrowing as she did.

"Have you always read?" She asked, and Derek raised his brow looking at her confused, "I mean...I can imagine you being that bratty head boy who plays sports and doesn't study but still manages to get average grades. Always loud, always annoying, and everyone secretly wants to punch you," she trailed off and some small amusement formed on his own face.

"And do you know who I think you were?"

"I'm sure you're going to tell me anyway," she mused as she took a bite of the cookie.

"I bet you were the girl who was always in the corner, every guy liked you but you were so annoying that you kept them all away from you. You would have been the one who takes one look at the work and then thinks no and begins talking to your friends all the while giving a running commentary about everything annoying that happens... and... that would be it," he admitted and she hummed.

"Guys only liked me because I'd have sex with them," she scoffed and his brows furrowed.

"And I'm the crude one?"

"You started it," she shrugged, and he rolled his eyes at the mention of it.

"I'm surprised you weren't pregnant sooner," he scoffed.

"Honestly...same."

It was dark now. She was sat on the bleachers with Melissa sat beside her and Melissa was still enjoying the time spent with Talia as she had her sat on her knee. If there was one thing she could comment on it was how cold it was. The leather jacket didn't seem to be doing anything for her own comfort and it held little to guard against the breeze. Pressing her hands together, she pursed her lips before glancing over at her mom.

"Isn't dad supposed to be at these things?" She asked, and Melissa sighed.

"I'm not sure if Scott told him," she admitted and Hayley's lips tugged as if to say 'fair enough' to Scott. She wouldn't blame him if he tried to avoid him at all costs. "So who's the new one? The one he bit," Hayley blew out a breath as she looked around trying to find him. None of them noticed the other boy on the team turning to look up at them at their words.

Settling her eyes on the little blonde boy she hummed pointing to him, "him, Liam."

The game soon started and the pair began to cheer alongside the rest of the crowd whenever someone from their own team scored. Liam, Scott, and Stiles were all doing what they usually did with replacing Jackson by acting as the power group of the team. For the most part, everything seemed to be going well and so far they were all winning. Kira, who'd gotten an open shot (and who Hayley didn't even know had joined the team) and scored had been benched due to the fact that she didn't pass.

The game was clean other than the fact that Brett and Liam were in a constant battle all throughout. Liam seemed to be keeping his anger under control which was good as well.

Two of the Beacon Hills students got knocked down to the ground along with one of the prep students and Hayley narrowed her eyes trying to figure out who it was. Both Liam and Brett had been knocked down to the ground and Scott quickly ran over to check on him. Brett was dragged off the field by a few of the medics and taken to the locker room. She could feel her phone going off in her pocket, but she ignored it until Scott looked up at her and gave a gentle nod to assure her that they were alright.

Nodding back, Hayley reached into her pocket and grabbed onto her phone looking at the message carefully, "oh no," she muttered.

"What?" Melissa asked.

"You pair stay," she ordered pushing herself to her feet and running through the crowds and the bleachers.

Racing towards the locker rooms, she opened the door as gently as she could as to not alert anyone of her presence. She had no idea what she'd encounter when stepping into the room.

"What did you do to me?" Brett's voice rang out, and Hayley frowned as she tried to work out what was happening.

"You were cut with a poisoned blade. It was laced with wolfsbane. It won't kill you... But this will," Violet's voice said.

"Why? Why are you doing this?" Brett asked, and Hayley stepped in for a second time leaning against the wall and crossing her arms.

Violet had a heated wire wrapped around Brett's neck and was trying to run it through his flesh, "because you're worth a lot of money, Brett."

Hayley hummed, "you know," she began and Violet dropped the wire whirling around to look at her. "I am sick to death of seeing teen killers. I mean you, the twins, Matt, Jackson... the common trend is they all lost... and died, actually," she trailed off as she thought about it. Pushing herself up from the wall she took a few steps forward until she was directly in front of the glaring child.

"You shouldn't be here, Mama Hale," Violet droned. Hayley hummed as she looked down at Brett who was slowly falling unconscious on the floor before she looked back up to Violet. She was surprised that people knew who she was even if they had got it wrong.

Offering a placid smile, she stepped forward swinging out her fist and Violet ducked beneath it trying to throw her own punch that Hayley managed to catch. It was an action that she was surprised she could do but then Violet was a lot slower than the twins who she'd been taught by. It was almost like everything was in slow motion or like she'd learnt on hard mode and She was a lot slower than werewolves. Especially the twins. Twisting her arm behind her back she leant over whilst releasing a breath.

"It's Mama McCall actually," she pointed out, Violet grit her teeth before she glanced to the door. Finding new opportunities Violet swung her head back and Hayley groaned bringing her hand to her nose as she was forced to stumble back. That hurt she supposed. "God, you kids are turning into right bitches now," she scoffed.

The two went back and forth before Violet managed to swipe her feet under Hayley's legs and the woman fell to the floor with a groan of both annoyance and pain. Tile floors were worse than landing on the concrete of the loft. Forcing herself onto her forearms she tried to push herself up but as she looked around there was no Violet. "Magic kids?" She asked not understanding it.

Looking to Brett to make sure that Violet hadn't gone to him she frowned confused. She was completely and utterly gone.

Scott walked in and he looked over to his sister before looking over to Brett. His brows furrowed trying to work it out just as Violet stepped around the corner throwing the wire around his neck. Her face was filled with ecstatic joy as she tried to kill him and Scott's eyes flashed red.

"He said we shouldn't try! But now I've got you! I've got an alpha!" She called out and Hayley frowned trying to figure out why she was so joyful about it.

Granted, she'd encountered many borderline psychopath children in her few years being involved in the supernatural world but she also knew that they never looked happy about it. Maybe Matt did and maybe Aiden... at the mention of his name in her own mind a little weight formed on her heart. That wasn't something she wanted to think about.

Scott reached up grabbing onto the wires and the sound of flesh burning echoed throughout the room. He slowly pulled it away from his neck and feeling the strain Violet's glee completely fell into the shadows. Slowly turning around to look at her a growl left his lips. Grabbing onto her head, he lifted her up until her feet couldn't touch the floor and he then slammed her head against the wall and she fell down unconscious.

Pushing herself to her feet and running over to Brett, she tapped the side of his face trying to wake him up as the sound of the door opening was heard.

"I think you better call your dad," Scott said.

"I think we better call a vet," Hayley added on as she gestured to Brett and they looked over at her confused before seeing him lying down on the floor unconscious.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

440K 9.1K 70
𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬 when the McCall twins are thrown into the supernatural world? 𝘉𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴... {Based on MTV's Teen Wolf 'season 1'} ...
1M 22.5K 98
"we'll figure this out 𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳." x fem!reader season 1 - 6 highest: #3 in teenwolf : #1 in stilinski : #1 in...
180K 1.6K 121
included: Scott Stiles Derek Isaac
192K 5K 56
Scott McCall, Stiles Stilinski and Jamie Tate. The trio was known to attract trouble, especially after a certain night in the woods that ended with...