๐•‹๐•™๐•– ๐•๐• ๐•ค๐•ฅ ๐••๐•’๐•ช๐•ค ๐• ๐•—...

By Pizza_0nel0ve

๐šƒ๐š‘๐š’๐šœ ๐š’๐šœ ๐šŠ ๐š™๐š›๐šŽ๐šš๐šž๐šŽ๐š• ๐š0 ๐š–๐šข ๐š™๐š›๐šŽ๐šŸ๐š’0๐šž๐šœ ๐š ๐š˜๐š›๐š”: "๐™ผ๐šข ๐š›๐šŽ๐š‹๐šŽ๐š•๐š•๐š’0๐šž๐šœ ๐š‘0๐š™๐šŽ". ๐šƒ๐š‘๐š’... More

Beginning
Dinner
Sakura Park
Casual day
Gamer gang
Party preparations
Sleepover Party!
The friendship test
Despair in Hope's peak
The talk
The "friendly" gathering
My true self
Despair in my heart
๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š๐š›๐šž๐šŽ ๐š‹๐šŽ๐š๐š’๐š—๐š—๐š’๐š—๐š 0๐š ๐šŠ๐š•๐š• ๐šœ๐š‘๐š’๐š ๐š’๐š— ๐š๐š‘๐š’๐šœ ๐šœ๐š0๐š›๐šข.
Remnant
The hospital
Blackmail
๐™ธ ๐š0๐š—'๐š ๐š”๐š—0๐š  ๐š‘0๐š  ๐š0 ๐š—๐šŠ๐š–๐šŽ ๐š๐š‘๐š’๐šœ ๐šŒ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š™๐š๐šŽ๐š›
[๐™ฝ0๐š ๐šŠ ๐šŒ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š™๐š๐šŽ๐š›]
Warriors of hope
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
( อกยฐ อœส– อกยฐ)
Chapter 25
Chapter 0
[๐™ธ๐š–๐š™0๐š›๐š๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐š–๐šŽ๐šœ๐šœ๐šŠ๐š๐šŽ!]

Appointment

68 6 7
By Pizza_0nel0ve

▪︎ ■ □ Nagito's P.O.V □ ■ ▪︎

    Weekend passed by rather quickly and it was Monday. The day went off with a great start, me and (Your name) went to school together chit-chatting on the way. Everything was as usual in classroom, well except this uneasy and tense atmosphere that depressed upon us. Chiaki along with our homeroom teacher tried to cheer us up, but it was of no use. Seems like Chiaki and Hajime had a great day at cafe. (Your name) is really proud that she match made them both. She spent all the lunch break bragging about her cleverness and kind attitude, which only made me laugh. (In a good sense of course.)
    Soon enough, the day was over. I had to visit Dr. Psychdoc as promised. We reached our houses and parted for few minutes to change into casual clothes. (Your name)'s father was kind enough to drop me and his daughter to the hospital. Entering the vast reception Mr. (Last name) went to talk to the receptionist.

    "Are you scared?" I heard (Your name) speak. "No. Why should I be?" I didn't understand her concern. "I've read that dementia is a fatal disease." She sighed. Somehow her sad expression made my blood turn cold. I decided to repeat the action from the movie I watched the other day. I picked her hand up and pecked it. "I promise, I'll be alright." I smiled. She squeezed my hand tightly as her cheeks exploded with bright scarlet blush.
    "Ow." I gasped as her hand released mine. "I'm sorry!" She began apologizing. "Cabinet number 44, let's go." Mr. (Last name) called as we stood up.

    We walked inside the elevator as Mr. (Last name) pressed the second floor button. Entering the wide bright hall we searched for the right cabinet. "I guess it's here." (Your name) looked at the door with number 44. I knocked at the door. "Come in." We heard  a masculine voice. "Okay, good luck!" (Your name) gave me a thumbs up as I opened the door and entered the white room.
    There was a long leather sofa in the corner of the room. Next to it stood a comfortable looking armchair. In another corner there was a wooden desk that was sparkling clean. Behind the said desk sat a middle aged man with dark brown hair and shimmering grey eyes. He carefully inspected me from head to toe. "Mr. Komaeda I suppose?" He stood up and smiled widely. "Yes." I nodded. "Pleased to meet you, I'm doctor Daniel Psychdoc." He gave me a strong but warm handshake. "Please, take a seat." He gestured towards the leather sofa.

    I sat down as he asked me to, he sat on the armchair, smile never leaving his face. "Okay, have you brought your previous medical record?" He asked looking at the file that I held in my hands. "Oh, yes I did." For some reason I've been acting aloof. I handed him the file as he took good ten minutes inspecting my documents.
    "Alright. I'm going to ask you some questions that concern me the most." He leaned back. I sighed and leaned onto the sofa. "At first, why did you came here? I think you're fully aware that your condition is worsening every single day. There's nothing modern medicine can do." Dr. Psychdoc stated straightforwardly. "You know you can scare off your patients if you say things like that." I smirked. "I prefer to be honest with my patients and don't put false hope in them." Doctor sighed. "So, what is your reason? I can guarantee that the information you give me will stay inside this walls only." He continued.

    "(Your name). She didn't knew about my sickness. She's very worried for me, therefore I came here to calm her down a bit." I sighed. "I see. Mrs. (Last name) had a problem kind of similar to yours." Doctor started. "Wait. Haven't you said that information your patients say must be private?" I noted. "I'm sure that she doesn't mind." Dr. Daniel smiled wholeheartedly.

    "You must've heard the incident that happened to her. She was kidnapped at a very young age and was mentally tortured. I feel very bad for her. After kidnappers got arrested she was found mentally devastated. She grew distant from her parents and friends, stopped going to school and grew scared of her surroundings not trusting anyone. Typical posttraumatic stress disorder. Thankfully, her father was a very close friend of mine back in the university days. He called me right away asking for my assistance. It took me some time to warm up to (Your name) and get her to open up. Few months later she got rid of her stress and started living her life to the fullest." Dr. Psychdoc smiled.
    "Thats a nice story with a happy ending, but. . . Why have you told me this? What's the point?" I was really confused. "The whole thing I said is completely pointless. I just wanted to ease up the atmosphere." Doctor shrugged and chuckled. "I'm sorry sir, but can we get down to business? I knew that there's nothing you can do. All I want is for (Your name) to stop worrying about me. So, can you please talk to her and say that I'm fine?" I raised my voice.

    "Lie to your close one? Very bad of you, Nagito." Doctor shook his head slowly. "I don't want her to worry about a trash like myself." I said. "Ooh, you're pretty lucky I see." Dr. Psychdoc smiled brightly. "You had your dementia since five years now and the only symptom you show is impared judgment. . . Of yourself." He said. "Wha-" I was totally lost in his words.

Is he mentally sick like me?

Why does he change topic of our conversation every damn minute?!

    "Don't look at me like I'm crazy." Dr. Daniel chuckled. "I tend to understand people better during random conversations. And I often make notes about their symptoms out loud." He smiled sheepishly. "Anyway, you must have some questions about your state, mustn't you? Go on and ask as much as you like!" Dr. Daniel said. "I know that sometimes my thoughts might differ from "normal" people, I also know that in time I might be physically disabled. I know everything about my pathetic state." I grumbled. "No wonder you're so calm, other people might've freaked out and started panicking. But you. . . You're calm as a cucumber." He laughed.
    "If there's nothing that is bothering you then my job is finished here." He stood up and handed me my medical report. "There's actually one strange feeling I can't shake off." I looked at the wooden floor examining the pattern. "That is?" Doctor sat back down. "I don't think I can describe it." I mumbled. "Try your best." He smiled at me. "Well, it's like my face gets heated up and my heartbeat speeds up. And butterflies inside my stomach." I tried to recall all the weird things that happened to me. "When does it occur?" Doctor smirked. "When I'm near (Your name). . ." I sighed.

    "Ah, teenage love~ what a wonderful feeling." Doctor mused and smiled. "L-love?!" I clearly didn't expect such diagnosis. "Have you ever got weird thoughts? Like sleeping with her or-" "No! Of course not!" I yelled as my face heated up. "Hmm. . ." He hummed in response to my jumpy reaction. "I often don't want to let her go when she's next to me. . ." I sighed. "Well, my dear friend, congratulations! You're totally in love with your friend." Doctor beamed. "What do you recommend?" I asked bitterly.
    "Huh-?" "How to get rid of this feeling?! I don't want her to suffer if I'll die!" I stood up. "Calm down. It's just a simple crush, you'll get over her in no time." Doctor sighed. "But I would highly recommend for you to confess to her. It's better to get it off your chest rather then keep it locked up with lock and key." He frowned. "Anything else I can help you with?" Doctor asked. "No." I stood up and walked towards the exit. Taking a deep breath in I put my best smile and walked out.

    "How did it went? You're okay?" Just as I opened the door (Your name) started showering me with questions. "I'm fine, as I said." I smiled. "Go towards the car, I'll come in a minute." Her expression grew dark as she went inside the cabinet and slammed the door shut. "*sigh* Let's go." Mr. (Last name) patted my shoulder and led me towards the elevator.

What shall I do now?

☆ ° • (Your name) P.O.V • ° ☆

   Looking at Nagito's fake smile made my heart shatter. I dashed inside Dr. Psychdoc cabinet without knocking and slammed the door shut behind me. "Oh, Mrs. (Last name). Good to see you again." Doctor smiled at me with his cheerful grin. "What's with him?!" I yelled as I tried to suppress my tears. "Firstly, calm down." He pushed me towards  the sofa and made me sit. "Breathe in, breathe out." He said calmly. I did as he said and took a deep breath.
    "Five more." He said then. "W-what?" I asked my voice shuddering. "It's the estimated years he might live." Doctor sighed. "N-no way. . . B-but he's perfectly fine!" I protested. "The changes go on inside his head." He pointed onto his scalp. "Soon they'll show up in his behavior and actions. Speaking of which, have you noticed any weird changes in his behavior?" Doctor asked curiously.
    "Few days ago he yelled at my friend for him not having a talent. He dislikes all the talentless people, but tolerated this person. Until that day." I sighed. "Anything else?" "He often rambles about hope and despair and day before yesterday he grew aggressive when I told my parents about his condition."
    "I see. . ." Dr. Psychdoc sighed. "I don't know all the details but all I can say is, he just can't express his complex emotions. It's one of his symptoms. Maybe there's a deeper meaning in his actions that you can't see." He grumbled. "What can I do to help him?" I asked. "Be next to him, support him and don't mention his mental state. In short, be the good friend you are." Dr. Daniel kept his hand on my shoulder. "Thanks doc." I smiled weakly and exited his cabinet.

    When I sat in the car my dad sighed and gave us a patient smile. "How about some ice cream on the way back home?" He tried to cheer us up. "I don't mind." I smiled. "Nagito?" My dad asked the white-haired guy that sat next to me. "Sure." He smiled. "It's settled then!" My dad fastened his seatbelt and drove off.
    We stopped in the city centre and walked towards the cafe when Nagito stopped next to one bookstore. "What's up?" I looked at the showcase new bestsellers. "'How to love'?" I giggled at the name of the book. "Actually, I was looking at the new 'Horror bros'." He pointed to the book next to it. "Hmm. . . Why won't we go in?" I suggested. "No, no. The square is pretty crowded today. You better go and take a table, I'll be back in few minutes." Nagito reassured me. "Okay?" I shrugged and walked towards the cafe.

    "Where's Nagito?" My dad asked as we sat down. "He wants to buy a book in the nearby store, he'll be back in a sec." I smiled and picked up the menu the waiter gave me. "I'll have a (favorite ice cream)." I ordered.

    After few minutes Nagito joined us at the table and ordered mint flavor ice cream. Soon the waitress gave us our orders. My ice cream looked magnificent!

[𝙲𝚑00𝚜𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚢 0𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎 𝚙𝚒𝚌𝚜. . . ]

[𝙸 𝚔𝚗0𝚠 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏0𝚕𝚕0𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚙𝚒𝚌 𝚒𝚜 𝚗0𝚝 𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖. 𝙸𝚏 𝚢0𝚞 𝚍0𝚗'𝚝  𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢0𝚞 0𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜. . . 𝚒𝚏 𝚢0𝚞 𝚍0𝚗'𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗. . . 𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚔 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 0𝚙𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝙸 𝚐𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚢0𝚞 𝚋𝚎𝚏0𝚛𝚎.]

    I happily munched on my ice cream. When I finished devouring icy milky goodness I sighed and slouched on my chair. "(Your name), haha." I heard Nagito chuckle. I turned towards my friend confused. "What's so funny?" I glared at him. Suddenly, he took out his phone and clicked a picture of me. "Hey! Show me!" I leaned towards him as he showed me my photo. My face was smeared in ice-cream.
    "Delete it! Delete it! Delete it!" I yelled as I tried to snatch his phone away, he just kept it within my reach. "(Your name), how old are you? Wipe the ice-cream off your face." My dad sighed and handed me a tissue. I quickly wiped my face. "Is it better?" I turned towards Nagito but he started laughing. "Whaaat?" I grumbled. "You just smeared it more." My dad let out a soft chuckle. "Ugh! I'll go to the washroom. Be back in a minute!" I stood up and walked away.

▪︎ ■ □ Nagito's P.O.V □ ■ ▪︎

    We sat in uncomfortable silence as (Your name) walked away. "So, Nagito, what do you think of my daughter?" Mr. (Last name) said out of blue. "Well. . . She's nice." I slightly blushed. "Just nice?" He smirked. "I don't understand where you're getting at, sir." I mumbled. "You don't?" He looked shocked. "You like my princess, don't you?" Mr. (Last name) smiled. ". . .Maybe. . ." I looked away. "Nagito, you're the only guy I feel safe to let (Your name) with. You both know each other from childhood you developed a strong bond with my daughter. Didn't you?" I nodded at his statement.
    "Well then, I guess our plan worked." He chuckled and looked onto the sky. "What do you mean?" I asked curiously. "(Your name)'s mother knew yours from her highschool days. When they parted they still talked to each other not wanting to abandon their friendship. After so many years they met again, not only as friends but as neighbors. At that time you were still in your mom's tummy." I blushed at his statement. "Let me be honest, I wasn't such close friend of your family. But (Mom's name), she was a different story. Soon after your birth she got pregnant too. When we realized that we're going to have a girl your and (Your name)'s mom already planned your wedding." Mr. (Last name) laughed wholeheartedly. "I was skeptical. But soon saw your strong friendship and started believing at (Mom's name)'s words. Maybe you were meant to be together." He sighed. "I'm really sorry for your parents. When we found it out we wanted to help you, but (Your name) got kidnapped. We were so astonished that we even forgot about you. . . I'm very sorry Nagito. We should've helped you right away but-"

    "No need." I said with no emotion. "No need to apologize. I understand. Your daughter was kidnapped, it might've shook you pretty hard." I said. "Thank you for your understanding." Mr. (Last name) lowered his head. "I just want to ask you a little favour. Please take care of my daughter, she's still young and innocent, don't abandon her. I'm sorry if it's too much to as-" "I promise. I will take care of her." I said determined in my words.
"Thank you." He smiled.

    "I'm baaack!" We heard (Your name) say. "What's up?" She sat back on her seat. "Just little chit-chat." I smiled. "Good, good!" She nodded. "So, shall we go back home?" (Your name) asked. "Bill please." Mr. (Last name) raised his hand and said. After paying for our treat we sat back in the car and drove off home. As I walked out of the car I smiled and waved at (Your name) as she walked inside her house. She gave me a cheeky grin before closing the door behind her.

I'll protect her smile.
.

.

.

No matter the cost.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.4K 848 38
๐†๐ซ๐š๐œ๐ž๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฅ ๐๐ž๐š๐ฎ๐ญ๐ฒ โœฟ*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸ ๐˜’๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜บ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ, ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜œ๐˜ญ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜‰๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ...
1.9M 70.4K 62
-๐™„๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ž๐™˜๐™ ๐™”/๐™‰ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™‚๐™ค๐™Ÿ๐™ค'๐™จ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™š๐™ง ๐™จ๐™ž๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง, ๐™– ๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™ช๐™ก ๐™…๐™ช๐™Ÿ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™จ๐™ช ๐™Ž๐™ค๐™ง๐™˜๐™š๐™ง๐™š๐™ง. ๐™๐™ก๐™ž๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™Ž๏ฟฝ...
9.2K 187 15
โ๐™”๐™Š๐™๐™ ๐˜ฝ๐™€๐˜ผ๐™๐™๐™” ๐™‰๐™€๐™‘๐™€๐™ ๐™€๐™‘๐™€๐™ ๐™Ž๐˜พ๐˜ผ๐™๐™€๐˜ฟ ๐™ˆ๐™€. โž ใ€Žโ€ขโ€ขโœŽโ€ขโ€ขใ€ สแดแดœ'แด แด‡ ษดแด‡แด แด‡ส€ แดษดแด„แด‡ วซแดœแด‡sแด›ษชแดษดแด‡แด… แดกสœแด€แด› แดกแดส€สŸแด… สแดแดœ'ส€แด‡ ษขแดษชษดษข แด›แด ษขแด‡แด› สแดแดœส€sแด‡สŸา“ ษชษดแด›แด, แด€า“...
361K 7.1K 30
[ HQ!! x READER // COMPLETED ] โ†ณ one shots !! thanks for reading ! ใƒผ ยฉ EL/HQUALITY ; JULY 2019 - MAY 2020