Catch Me if You Can (Male Rea...

By aLogan11

(Y/N) had never gone to any combat schools in all of Remnant. So why did Professor Ozpin take such an interes... More

(Y/N) Bio
Vol 1 Part 1
Vol 1 Part 2
Vol 1 Part 3
Vol 1 Part 4
Vol 1 Part 5
Vol 1 Part 6
Vol 1 Part 7
Vol 1 Part 8
Vol 1 Part 9
Vol 1 Part 10
Vol 1 Part 11
Vol 1 Part 12
Vol 1 Part 13
Vol 1 Part 14
Vol 1 Part 15
Vol 2 Part 1
Vol 2 Part 2
Vol 2 Part 3
Vol 2 Part 4
Vol 2 Part 5
Vol 2 Part 6
Vol 2 Part 7
Vol 2 Part 8
Vol 2 Part 9
Vol 2 Part 10
Vol 2 Part 11
Vol 2 Part 12
Vol 2 Part 13
Vol 2 Part 14
Vol 2 Part 15
Vol 2 Part 16
Vol 3 Part 1
Vol 3 Part 2
Vol 3 Part 3
Vol 3 Part 4
Vol 3 Part 5
Vol 3 Part 6
Vol 3 Part 7
Vol 3 Part 8
Vol 3 Part 9
Vol 3 Part 10
Vol 3 Part 11
Vol 3 Part 12
Vol 4 Part 1
Vol 4 Part 2
Vol 4 Part 3
Vol 4 Part 4
Vol 4 Part 5
Vol 4 Part 6
Vol 4 Part 7
Vol 4 Part 8
Vol 4 Part 9
Vol 4 Part 10
Vol 4 Part 11
Vol 4 Part 12
Vol 4 Part 13
Vol 4 Part 14
Vol 5 Part 1
Vol 5 Part 2
Vol 5 Part 3
Vol 5 Part 4
Vol 5 Part 5
Vol 5 Part 6
Vol 5 Part 7
Vol 5 Part 8
Vol 5 Part 9
Vol 5 Part 10
Vol 5 Part 11
Vol 5 Part 12
Vol 5 Part 13
Vol 5 Part 14
Ria Cdc Uipz Zi?
Vol 6 Part 1
Vol 6 Part 2
Vol 6 Part 3
Vol 6 Part 4
Vol 6 Part 5
Vol 6 Part 6
Vol 6 Part 7
Vol 6 Part 8
Vol 6 Part 9
Vol 6 Part 10
Vol 6 Part 11
Vol 6 Part 12
Vol 6 Part 13
Vol 7 Part 1
Vol 7 Part 2
Vol 7 Part 4
Vol 7 Part 5
Vol 7 Part 6
Vol 7 Part 7
Vol 7 Part 8
Vol 7 Part 9
Vol 7 Part 10
Vol 7 Part 11
Vol 7 Part 12
Vol 7 Part 13
Vol 7 Part 14
Vol 8 Part 1
Vol 8 Part 2
Vol 8 Part 3
Vol 8 Part 4
Vol 8 Part 5
Vol 8 Part 6
Vol 8 Part 7
Vol 8 Part 8
Vol 8 Part 9
Vol 8 Part 10
Vol 8 Part 11
Vol 8 Part 12
Vol 8 Part 13
Vol 8 Part 14
Vol 9 Teaser 1
Vol 9 Teaser 2
Vol 9 Teaser 3
Vol 9 Teaser 4
Vol 9 Part 1
Vol 9 Part 2
Vol 9 Part 3
Vol 9 Part 4
Vol 9 Part 5
Vol 9 Part 6
Vol 9 Part 7
Vol 9 Part 8

Vol 7 Part 3

514 8 2
By aLogan11

(Your POV)

A strong wind blew snow across the cloudy sky while three Mantas flew together.

Clover: All right, gather 'round. Our mission today is to secure the launch site for the Amity Communications Tower.

Prior to flying in the Mantas, Clover stood in front of the central table in Ironwood's office, looking at a hologram screen that displayed mission details.

Clover: The designated area is an abandoned Dust mine. Since its closure, the Grimm have moved in.

The screen displayed a mission overview, a photograph of Huntsmen battling a Geist, a menu, a map of an area in the Kingdom of Atlas, a list of Active Huntsmen and a list of Ace Operatives. The mission overview said:

"Reported Petra Gigas near Huntsman Post North. Huntsmen secured area but were unable to eliminate Petra Gigas. The Grimm was seen retreating to abandoned SDC Mines No. 2 located in Zone 3. No casualties were reported, three Huntsmen suffered minor injuries.

Recommended Course of Action: Send in ACE Operatives to clear SDC mine No. 2."

The menu options were "Open Case Reports", "Mission Board", "Personnel Files", "Zoning Details", "Ace Operatives" and "Atlas Huntsmen".

The map displayed that "Zone 1", in the very south of the map, was cleared. "Zone 2" was in the southwestern portion of the map, with "Huntsman Post West" located in its northeastern area. "Zone 3" was the northern section of the map. "Huntsman Post North" was located slightly southeast from "SDC Mines 2", and to the northeast of the mines was "Aurora Pass".

The Active Huntsmen listed were the members of Team RWBY and Team JNR, as well as you.

Two more copies of this screen were hovering above the table, being viewed by Qrow, Ruby, Jaune and you.

Clover: The good news is all that untouched Dust is still down there, too. Science team says they'll need it for the first phase of their launch.

Pietro: Apologies for the mess and for holding onto your weapons for so long.

Pietro entered a laboratory, followed by Teams RWBY, JNR and you.

Pietro: The upgrades you requested were, uh... well, they were more than I anticipated.

He laughed.

Clover: Atlas military Huntsmen are already hard at work clearing out the surrounding tundra. But recon has identified a powerful Geist that's managed to evade destruction and take several lives.

Uniformed Huntsmen were seen gunning down Grimm while the three Mantas flew past overhead.

Clover: After we increased our numbers, the Geist was smart enough to retreat into the mine itself, meaning it's old and extremely dangerous.

Clover withdrew a compact scroll and pressed a button, causing the photograph of Huntsmen battling the Petra Gigas to take up the entirety of each screen.

Clover: This is our target.

Pietro: Your new weapons and armor should be as requested, but I also took the liberty of reviewing your combat footage from the Vytal Festival Tournament.

Teams RWBY and JNR stood in front of a series of narrow shelves, each of which had cases on them. Nora shifted eagerly on her feet, letting out an excited giggle as she snatched up her case. Everyone else calmly picked up their cases, while you watched, already having your outfit.

Pietro: There's some additional enhancements I'd like to suggest. Oh, but for now, these should serve you well enough.

Ruby opened her case and smiled. Nora opened her case and looked amazed, pupils dilating and eyes shimmering from her excitement. Jaune opened his case, and his eyes widened.

The hologram screens above Ironwood's table had been replaced with a 3D hologram map displaying the SDC mine.

Clover: The mine was a labyrinth back in the day. There's all sorts of tunnels and chambers the Geist can move between, so if we're gonna kill this thing, we'll have to split up and corner it.

Jaune sat on a bed, looking at his open case before sadly looking down at a scrap of red fabric in his hands. He caressed the fabric with his thumb and sighed. As he hung his head, a few locks of hair moved in front of his eye, and he brushed them away with a frown.

Clover: General Ironwood says you've seen your fair share of combat.

Yang put on her upgraded and repaired prosthetic arm and made a fist, grinning confidently.

Blake ran her hand through her hair.

Clover: I trust that man with my life, so tomorrow, I'll be trusting you all, too.

Inside Ruby's case was a neatly folded outfit. She happily pulled out the new cloak that rested on top of the stack. As she did so, Oscar and you entered the dorm room.

Oscar: Hey... Ruby?

Your, and Team RWBY's Manta soared through a cloud and opened its side door, with Team RWBY standing in the doorway wearing their new outfits, you off to the side as well.

You now wore the Atlas Knight suit, although it had been modified. It had the same design, but the symbol on the chest had been removed, a bit more properly this time, and it overall felt a lot better. 

The material seemed roughly the same, although a bit stronger, and the panels of armor changed color. Dark blue when you had the full helmet on, and red when you only had the mask on.

A lot of the gadgets remained, although it had been toned down. Possibly for fear of being found out, possibly of favoring more maneuverability. It didn't matter as much now, the magic helped out enough in those departments. 

You took the rifle from over your shoulder, transforming it into the two familiar pistols that you holstered on your sides.

Clover: Let's make it happen, people.

Team RWBY looked at each other, smiling. Yang chuckled, and Ruby nodded. 

(Y/N): Like the new hairstyle.

Ruby smiled as the four leapt from the Manta, with Ruby immediately using her semblance, laughing as she fell. She drew Crescent Rose, changed it to scythe form, stood on it and began firing it, using the recoil to slow her fall.

Weiss made her way downward while leaping back and forth between glyphs, before launching herself toward the mine and summoning her Arma Gigas' arm and sword. She then used a glyph to send herself onto the sword and slid down the blade.

Blake drew her newly-repaired katana, shifted it into sickle form and threw it, hooking it onto one of the metal structures outside the mine entrance. She then used it to swing from building to building. 

Yang freefell, laughing as she did so, before firing at the ground and flipping to land on her feet. She slid across the snow between two minecart tracks and was joined by Ruby, Weiss and Blake when she came to a stop. 

You then launched out of the airship, falling down, clearing your mind from the negative energy that threatened to spill out.

When you were a bit off the ground, you readied yourself before landing on the ground, kneeling, using both your magic and the suit's natural capabilities. 

Harriet landed nearby with a slight bounce, tucking and rolling. Marrow landed on his boomerang, rid it across the snow and leapt off of it, causing it to fly through the air and then returned to him. The boomerang shifted into rifle mode when he caught it.

(3rd Person POV)

Team JNR's Manta soared overhead toward the mountain. Inside the ship, Elm and Vine looked at JNR and prepared to jump.

Elm: This is my favorite part!

Vine stepped out of the ship, while Elm leapt backwards. Ren hopped out, followed by a laughing Nora. Jaune took a deep breath, got a small running start and leapt out. He dove for a moment, then deployed his shield while activating its new Hard-Light Dust upgrade. 

The shield began acting as a hang glider, with the sudden slow in momentum causing Jaune to yelp. He then drifted over to the cliff, before turning his shield downward and using another Dust upgrade to create an outward burst that cushioned his landing. Standing alongside Nora and Ren, Jaune drew his sword.

Elm: Ha ha! Perhaps you kids won't get yourselves killed after all!

Elm entered a tunnel, while Jaune looked disappointed and Nora pouted.

Vine: She meant that as a compliment.

Qrow and Clover slid down a sheer icy incline, landing on a cliff just outside of a tunnel opening. Clover activated a communication device in his ear while Qrow brushed off his new outfit.

Clover: This is Alpha squad. LZ's clear. Proceeding on foot.

At the bottom of the mountain, Team RWBY rested their fingers against their own communicators, listening to Clover, while (Y/N) listened through his helmet.

Clover: You've all got fancy new scrolls, so don't forget to use 'em. Keep your eyes and ears open. I want an update if you encounter the target. Alpha out.

While Clover spoke, Blake brought out her new scroll, deploying the hologram screen from the small device. She tapped on an icon with a mugshot of Yang, which brought up a screen showing her teammates' Aura levels. 

Weiss had 96% Aura, Yang had 97% and Ruby had 98%. She tapped the hologram again, making it recede into the device, which she turned horizontally in her hand. The built-in screen displayed four small meters - one on top and three on bottom. The top meter was labeled B, while the other three were labeled R, W and Y. The B meter was completely full. Once Clover finished speaking, Blake's left cat ear twitched, and she looked ahead of her.

Blake: Huh?

Yang, who was staring at Blake, looked side to side. Realizing that she was the one Blake was looking at, Yang posed awkwardly and waved.

Yang: Uh, sorry, just not used to the new hair yet.

Blake blushed and self-consciously brushed her hair back.

Blake: Is it... bad?

Yang: No! No. It's good. Great, even!

Marrow and Harriet watched the awkwardness from nearby.

Marrow: Man, I did not sign up to be a babysitter.

Harriet: Yeah, well, the rest of us babysit you all the time.

Harriet walked away, and Marrow crossed his arms and pouted, following her.

Marrow: Hmph!

Weiss wiped snow off of a piece of metal, revealing the Schnee Dust Company logo. She looked down at it with a frown and let out a small, sad groan. Harriet and Marrow headed into the mine entrance, with Team RWBY following at a distance. Ruby came to a stop, shivering with her arms crossed across her chest.

Ruby: Oh, it's freezing out here!

Weiss stopped, and Blake, Yang and (Y/N) soon stopped, as well.

Weiss: Without heating or projected Aura, the cold of Solitas can kill you in a matter of hours.

Blake: I suddenly don't feel as bad about leaving Oscar behind.

Yang: Can we talk about that again?

Ruby glanced over at Harriet and Marrow, who had gone ahead to the opening of the mine.

Ruby: What about it?

Yang: We're really not gonna tell Ironwood about what happened to Oz? What we learned about Jinn? About Salem?

Ruby: We are. We will. But you saw how things looked when we flew into Atlas.

Blake: The General's heart seems to be in the right place, but that doesn't mean we should trust him yet.

Weiss: We need to play along for a while before we make any major decisions.

Yang: Okay. How did Oscar feel about that?

As she asked her question, Yang looked over at Ruby, raising an eyebrow. Ruby lowered her eyes a little, thinking back to her conversation with Oscar.

Ruby: Er, probably shouldn't keep running around with an ancient Relic on a keychain... you know?

She handed the Relic of Knowledge to Oscar, who looked at it and then at Ruby, and then finally back at (Y/N), who was frowning.

Oscar: But--

Ruby: I know you'll keep it safe in Atlas.

Oscar: Ruby, hiding things from Ironwood, doesn't that feel like what Ozpin did to us?

While Oscar spoke, Ruby's smile turned into a frown. She turned her eyes away from him in silence, as (Y/N) shook his head.

Qrow and Clover walked through a long tunnel with different colors of Dust veins in the walls.

Qrow: Gotta say, I'm still not really used to working with other Huntsmen in the field.

Clover: But you were on a team before, weren't you?

Qrow: Long time ago. I just found working alone tends to be for the best.

Clover: Well, I think that's a shame.

Qrow slipped and fell forward, but Clover caught his arm and pulled him back up. Qrow frowned, while Clover walked away, using his communicator.

Clover: Alpha here. Give me an update.

Vine: The connecting ice tunnels seem clear. We should be approaching the actual mine any minute now.

Vine, Elm, Jaune, Nora and Ren walked through an ice tunnel, which had metal arches supporting it. While Nora and Jaune were smiling, Ren was frowning.

Nora: This is so exciting! It feels like we're an actual Huntsman team!

Nora fidgeted with her hands a little, then looked at Ren with her hands clasped beside her face.

Nora: I, um... like what you did with your outfit, Ren.

Ren: We should probably stay focused on the mission.

Nora stopped, her smile fading, while Ren continued walking forward.

Nora: Oh. Okay.

Jaune stopped next to Nora, smiling cluelessly at her.

Jaune: I like your outfit, too.

She looked at him with an annoyed expression.

Nora: Hmph!

Nora walked away, and Jaune adopted a confused frown and followed her.

Harriet: Bravo checking in. Hit a bit of a snag.

Harriet, Marrow, Team RWBY, and (Y/N) arrived at a wall of boulders in the main mine tunnel.

Harriet: There's been a cave-in in the main entrance. Not sure if it's recent or was caused by the original accident.

Blake suddenly paused, her ears perking up and eyes widening. She looked all around her.

Harriet: Either way, we'll have to do a little problem solving.

Clover: Understood. Let us know if you need anything.

Yang looked at Blake and uncrossed her arms.

Yang: You okay?

Blake: I just realized where we are. This mine was closed after an explosion.

Weiss: I remember this disaster. Or rather, I remember how furious it made my father.

Blake and Yang looked at Weiss, who gripped her wrist, looking away. She then approached Blake.

Weiss: I wish I could take back the years of pain my family has caused the Faunus and all of my complacency in it.

She crossed her arms, and Blake rested her hands on Weiss' shoulder, giving a small smile. Marrow approached the two.

Marrow: This society is set up for Faunus to be at the bottom, and humans are willing participants. They benefit from doing nothing to help us.

Blake looked past Marrow at a large case labeled "SDC"

Marrow: But there are still those who actively abuse us. Anyway, I didn't come over here looking to solve systemic societal issues. Harriet found a gap in the rubble we think one of you could fit through, ideally someone with a knack for seeing in the dark.

He looked at Blake, who seemed lost in thought. She soon snapped back to reality and looked at Marrow.

Blake: O-oh. Of course.

Yang looked around and then frowned.

Yang: Mm...

Yang walked forward. Blake made her way through a crevice between boulders, drawing her katana once she had room.

Marrow: All right, Blake. Take a look around.

She shifted her katana into sickle form, ready to fire her gun.

Marrow: Is there any Dust in the immediate area?

Blake looked around her.

Blake: Mine carts... debris... no Dust, though.

Marrow: Great, then it should be safe to blast our way through.

Blake: Okay. Heading ba--

Blake yelped as a Geist suddenly swooped down and reached for her. She reflexively used her semblance and then jumped into a back handspring while the Geist swiped its claws at her clone. Immediately upon landing on her feet, she began firing at the Geist. Harriet, Marrow and Blake's teammates look at the boulder pile with widened eyes, while (Y/N) already drew a pistol in one hand, forming a sword in the other.

Harriet: Damn it. Blake, stand back.

Harriet deployed her weapon onto her arms and blasted through the boulder. As soon as the rock was cleared, Ruby, Weiss and Yang ran forward, weapons drawn, while (Y/N) was already firing at the Geist, moving closer to it.. The Geist moved back and looked, then flew away down a tunnel while Blake continued to shoot at it, (Y/N) already in pursuit.

Yang: Don't let it get away!

Team RWBY ran after the Geist and (Y/N) but were soon stopped by a Centinel burrowing its way out of the ground in front of them.

Yang: Huh?

The four stared at the Grimm as it made its way up from the ground and looked at them. The Centinel lunged at Yang, who yelped and shot it directly in the mouth. It threw its head back with a pained squeal, then looked at Yang with a hiss, its wound dripping with green fluid. 

It receded into the ground, and more Centinels came out from the floor and walled all around them, hissing and screeching. Team RWBY watched with wide eyes.

Yang: That's disgusting.

(Y/N) turned around from up ahead, and groaned, before switching directions, heading back to aid Team RWBY, Harriet, and Marrow.

Team RWBY got into battle-ready positions. Ruby zoomed away with her semblance, while Weiss and Blake charged forward. Ruby slammed into a Centinel, while Blake and Weiss slashed at more of the Grimm. 

Harriet punched, and Marrow and Yang shot. Two Centinels got ready to attack Yang, who readied her weapons and repeatedly punched them each in the head. A slight "beep"-like noise was emitted with each hit, as she attached small devices to the Grimm. 

She hopped away while firing two more devices at the Grimm and then thrusted her arms backwards, causing all of the devices to beep rapidly and then explode.

Weiss used Myrtenaster to send an ice crystal at a Centinel, while Ruby beheaded another with her scythe. However, the Centinel head, which still had a few legs attached, was still alive. Ruby smirked and engaged Crescent Rose's upgrade, which made the scythe head rotate 180 degrees.

She fired the rifle component while swinging her weapon, slashing and finally killing the Centinel head. She then rotated the scythe head again and slammed it down to the ground, steadying her weapon to be parallel with the ground, and began firing the rifle component. Ruby gasped as Marrow jumped ahead of her.

Marrow gunned down a pair of Centinels, then shifted his weapon into boomerang form and threw it. The boomerang bounced off a wall and flew against the back of a Centinel, before returning to Marrow, who had leapt into the air. He slammed the boomerang's blade down on the Centinel, cutting it in two and killing it. Ahead of Marrow, a pair of Centinels twisted around each other and headed for him. He held out his hand and snapped his fingers with a smirk.

Marrow: Stay.

The two Centinels suddenly slowed to a stop. Marrow held his pose, while Harriet sped over to the Grimm, trailing electricity. She brushed her nose with her thumb and smirked before grabbing the two Grimm and slamming them to the ground. She then straightened up.

(Y/N) walked forward, firing at the Centinels as he dislodged a piece of the wall with his magic, holding the rock in front of him, to shield him from an attack. He slammed the rock into the creature, before shooting its head, letting its body shield him for a few moments before it dissolved.

He ducked around the corpse, firing three more shots at the other, before slamming his rifle into the creature, turning it into its pistol in mid-air, and firing at the head of the creature, catching the other pistol before it hit the ground.

Harriet: This is Bravo! We found the target, but it fled deeper into the mine. Engaging Centinels!

In the ice tunnels, Elm, Vine and Team JNR listened to Harriet's report.

Elm: Let's pick up the pace!

The group ran over to a decline in the tunnel, and Elm, Vine and Jaune jumped, sliding along the ice. Nora smacked Ren, sending him down the decline with a small shout, and then followed, laughing. Below, the ice tunnel gave way to the Dust mine, and three Centinels began burrowing out of the rock.

Vine: Contact!

Vine deployed his Semblance to grab onto the walls of the ice tunnel, stopping himself. Elm stomped on the ice, deploying her own semblance to root herself to the spot. Jaune, Nora and Ren continued sliding past the two, Nora laughing with her hands in the air.

As they approached the bottom, Jaune deployed his shield's Hard-Light barrier and stabbed the ice with his sword to slow himself. He then slammed his shield down, using Dust to send out a blast that knocked the Centinels back.

Catching up to Jaune, Ren leapt into the air and activated his weapons' upgrade - his guns fired their blades at one of the Centinels, with wires keeping the blades tethered to the guns. He pulled himself to the Centinel and slammed his feet into it to knock it down and fired his guns at it. 

Another Centinel rose up behind him, only for Nora to slam Magnhild down on its head. The hammer emitted a blast, allowing her to swing it backwards onto the remaining Centinel's head. With all three Centinels dead, Vine and Elm slid down the ice to meet up with Team JNR.

Vine: A very... head-first approach.

Vine and Elm began walking past Team JNR, who tried to act confident.

Jaune: Yeah, well, that's just kind of our style.

As soon as the two Ace Operatives passed them, JNR relaxed their shoulders and sighed with relief.

(Y/N), Team RWBY, Harriet and Marrow had whittled down the pack of Centinels to one remaining. Weiss raised Myrtenaster and prepared to charge.

Weiss: One left!

Ruby: I got it!

Harriet sped past both of them and plunged her fist straight through the Centinel, killing it. Ruby rose up from nowhere beside her, eyes filled with amazement.

Ruby: Whoa! Your Semblance makes you super fast, just like me!

Harriet: Very cool. Though, based on your reaction time, I'd say I'm a little faster.

Clover then called in over their communicators.

Clover: This is Alpha! We've engaged the target!

Qrow fired repeatedly at the Geist, which swerved and spiraled around in the tunnel, avoiding the bullets.

Clover: All squads head toward our position!

Clover deployed his fishing rod and sent the hook out at the Geist, just barely missing it. The Geist swooped into a giant chunk of ice with a minecart embedded in it and rose up, gathering more ice, rocks and metal to form its body. 

Clover ran forward to combat it, while Qrow stood back and observed. Qrow noticed a chunk of ice pressing against a metal support beam, steadily pushing the beam off of the tunnel wall.

Qrow: Wait, stop!

Clover turned to look at Qrow, then noticed the beam, which fell and landed between Clover and the Geist. The impact created a large cloud of dust, and when the cloud settled, it was revealed that the ground beneath the Geist collapsed. Clover looked down the hole, frowning, while Qrow ran up beside him.

Clover: Darn it.

He used his communicator.

Clover: Target escaped, last seen headed east. Thanks for the call-out. That could have been bad.

Qrow: I wouldn't thank me. My Semblance brings misfortune. Sometimes I can't keep it under control.

Clover: That so?

Qrow looked at Clover, who was looking at him with a slight smile. Clover checked his scroll, then looked up at a bent support beam next to the hole in the ground.

Clover: Well, hey, don't beat yourself up about it.

He casted his line to wrap around the beam and jerked it down, and the beam pulled a large amount of rock down with it. He then turned to Qrow with a smile.

Clover: My semblance is good fortune. Lucky you, huh?

Clover walked on ahead, using his communicator, while Qrow stared at him.

Clover: Charlie, Bravo, you should be able to cut off the target at the heart of the mine. Qrow and I won't be far behind.

Qrow looked away, then hurried after Clover.

Team JNR, Elm and Vine exited their tunnel onto a raised walkway in a giant mine chamber filled with Dust veins and huge Dust crystals. Raised minecart rails, walkways and stone arches spanned across and around the edges of the chamber. 

As Ren came to a stop, his foot slid across the ground, and the dust particles he kicked up drifted slowly into the air. A bead of sweat dripped from Jaune's forehead and evaporated upon hitting the ground. (Y/N), Team RWBY, Harriet and Marrow arrived in the same chamber at the bottom level. Ruby looked up toward JNR.

Ruby: Guys!

Vine: Everyone use caution. This room is highly active with Dust energy. Triggering it could ruin the launch site.

Marrow: And vaporize us. How is that always second with you?

Nora: I thought the target was supposed to be in here.

A low rumbling noise from above caused everyone to look up. The Petra Gigas Geist was clinging to a chunk of ice on the ceiling. It turned to look down at everyone, showing purple Dust crystals embedded in its body. It jumped down from the ceiling, crashing through a stone arch on its way to the ground in front of them.

Ruby: It added Dust to its body? How are we supposed to--

Harriet sped past her, and Marrow followed suit. Elm jumped down from the cliff and ran toward the Petra Gigas, as well.

Vine: Elm!

Vine reached out with his semblance, wrapping an aura arm around one of the Petra Gigas' legs. With his other aura arm, he reached behind him, grabbed onto a support beam and pulled. Elm ran over to the leg, stomped to root herself in place with her semblance and grabbed onto the leg.

Elm: Vine!

Vine let go, leapt off the cliff and used his semblance to swing onto a minecart bridge. He then used his semblance to grab onto one of the Petra Gigas' arms and pulled.

Vine: Marrow!

Marrow threw his boomerang at the exposed Geist arm between pieces of ice and rubble, severing it. A Dust crystal flew out from the released rubble, and Marrow's eyes widened.

Marrow: Huh?

The crystal fell toward the ground, and Marrow caught his boomerang.

Marrow: Harriet!

Harriet charged her semblance and then sped after the crystal, maneuvering around falling rocks. She ran up a rock, jumped off the side of a raised walkway and caught the crystal in mid-air, landing on another walkway. Teams JNR and RWBY watched the Ace-Ops in amazement as they continued fighting. Marrow cut off the Geist's other arm, sending another Dust crystal flying through the air.

Marrow: Crap!

The crystal was caught by Clover, who just arrived with Qrow.

Clover: What would you guys do without me?

He tossed the crystal to Qrow, who looked at him with an eyebrow raised. Clover saluted to Qrow and jumped backward off the cliff. Harriet sped around the Petra Gigas' feet, while Vine swung himself around and punched the Petra Gigas in the chest. 

Harriet sped to the middle of the room, whistled and waved at the Petra Gigas, then sped away when it tried to hit her. Elm took this opportunity to slam her hammer onto the rock composing part of the Petra Gigas' arm. The rock became stuck, and as the Petra Gigas struggled to pull it up, Marrow severed its arm once again.

Clover landed on the ground, deployed his fishing rod, and ran over to the Petra Gigas. He jumped off its leg, launching himself into the air. He bumped his clover pin with his thumb, swung his pole and pulled on the fishing line, directing it to wrap around the Geist's mask and hooked onto it. 

Team RWBY's eyes widened in amazement, and Clover pulled, forcing the Geist out of the ice block. Harriet ran into position and used her semblance to launch straight up into the air, punching the Geist with her weapon, killing it. As purple Dust crystals began raining down, the Ace-Ops caught them. One crystal was sent flying through the air on the other side of the chamber.

Clover: Harriet!

Harriet used her semblance to speed across the room, but she had to maneuver around the falling ice and rocks. The crystal came close to hitting the ground, and with Harriet mere feet away. 

Suddenly, a red blur flew past, taking the crystal with it. Surprised, Harriet tumbled and stopped. Ruby deactivated her semblance and fell to the ground in a sitting position, hugging the large crystal tight. She opened her eyes and laughed. Harriet walked over and pulled her to her feet.

Harriet: Thought you said your Semblance was like mine.

Ruby: It... is?

Harriet: I've seen other speed Semblances before, but that was different. I think there's more going on than you think.

Yang: Wait until she sees what she can do with her eyes.

Blake laughed. Qrow jumped down to the ground next to Clover, who put his weapon away.

Qrow: Lucky catch, huh?

Clover: Hm. No. I'd chalk that one up to talent.

Ruby and Nora began celebrating on the other side of the chamber, with Elm holding Ruby up on her shoulder.

Clover: Atlas Control, this is Clover. Mission accomplished.

Down in Mantle, a police airship dropped off Forest and flew away.

Forest: Yeah, thanks for the lift!

He walked into an alley, kicking a rock and muttering angrily to himself, heading toward a door. A sound behind him caused him to stop and turn around.

Forest: Huh?

He looked around and backed up toward the door. As he neared the door, Tyrian Callows appeared in front of it, smiling menacingly. Forest turned around, saw Tyrian and stumbled back against a dumpster, startled.

Forest: Whoa! Who are you?

Tyrian: Me? Oh, well, I'm... someone just like you.

As he spoke, Tyrian approached Forest.

Tyrian: Someone who... wants to mix things up around here.

Tyrian's eyes turned purple, and he began laughing darkly as he lowered his tail, its needle coming out. Forest looked down at the tail, then at Tyrian. He screamed as Tyrian swung his tail forward to stab him.

Not much here in terms of the story. This part is pretty long, and I didn't want to include too much so that it was a drag to read.

Until next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 82 17
A/N: so this is my take putting my own spin on making a RWBY x male reader They say life's all about a few moments, and in those few moments actions...
131K 1.7K 11
(Y/N), a new transfer student to Beacon, has gained the attention of the school's youngest huntress-in-training, Ruby Rose. But what is it about him...
97.2K 1K 43
Shadows seem to have no heart, no feelings, no emotion. Yet Shadow Joker Strife is different, his heart had been changed, after seeing his family kil...
8.5K 114 15
A boy bound by his hate for Huntsman and Grimm is offered an once in a lifetime opportunity to become a huntsman. Will he meet new people to call his...