...And He's Back (Book One, B...

By LivingRed

Him coming back was all it took to turn her world upside down. Harper Collins is perfectly content with where... More

Pulled Over
Good to Be Back
Pay Up
The Routine
Give Me Pie
Pulled Over... Again
You're Missing A Button
Don't Say Something Stupid
Call More
Sneak Attack!
I'll Need to See Your ID
All. But. One
An Earthquake?
Unexpected Tragedies
What Now?
Bro Fight!
A New Beginning
Play Ball
Broken
Not This Time, Firecracker
First Day Back
Nervous and Excited
Owen... Someone Stole Your 1911
Hey Firecracker

My Wife, My Firecracker

10.3K 339 173
By LivingRed

Matt squeezes my neck then hits my back hard as I'm spellbound and trying my best to hold myself together. When Harp had entered my line of sight my knees buckled, my arms shook and my breathing became a mess. It took her far too long to reach me and I know she felt the same way too since she, in a Harp like fashion, discarded her bouquet to the ground to quickly take my hands.

Now, she's right in front of me while I try to remember how to breathe as my gorgeous bride stares at me. For once in my life, I feel like the smaller person as she stands there, an overwhelmingly stunning creature who's superior to a man like me. Those Coca-Cola eyes bubble and spill over with such joy and love I ache in every part of me. Her flaming red hair is soft and lightly curled making me want to skip the wedding entirely and just have her all to myself. Instead, I hold my ground as Walt begins to speak but I hear none of it. I couldn't look away from her, not until I hear Walt calling my name. I rip my eyes away from her.

"Huh?"

My Firecracker busts out in uncontrollable laughter as Walt leans in whispering to me. "You wanted to say something before the vows Owen."

My heart spasms out a little. I wasn't given the opportunity to tell Harp everything when I had proposed to her, but now I have free reign. I clear my throat and fix my eyes on the woman who has had a piece of me ever since she was born.

"Hey Firecracker."

"Hey." She says back shyly.

"Surprised?"

She snickers with a playful smile. "That's an understatement."

I push a lock of hair back behind her ear. "This field is a place where you learned something a little girl should never have to learn... that sometimes men are cowards and leave." My voice breaks a little as my jaw twitches. "I wanted this here because I'm going to promise you and prove to you that I'm here to stay and will love you and cherish you. It's here because I want to convert this place from bad memories to good ones and show you that I'm going to help restore those years of pain your father left in you."

Harp's tears fall and she taps at her eyes trying not to ruin her makeup as I continue. "For so many years I tried pushing down these feelings, afraid of the challenge that would be set before me... but that didn't stop the moments when a guy would flirt with you and I wanted to pummel him into the ground or be your guard dog and glare at any man who tried speaking to you."

Everyone lightly laughs.

"People say kids who fall in love at a young age almost never end up together because they grow apart but being away from you all those years Harp nearly killed me. It also matured me though and made me into the man that's ready for you, a man who's more deserving. I've l-loved you..." I stumble as my fingers brush my nose and I clear my throat, "for a long time and it took me a while to realize it, but all those times jealousy pricked at me or how you would smile at me made me react in a way that I now know was God's way of telling me I was designed for you... that there are pieces of me that belong only to you and you alone that no one else can touch." My forehead touches her as she cries happily and I whisper to her, "I love you so much."

I want to kiss her but refrain. Pulling away I nod at Walt to continue but Harp grabs my collar and pulls me down pressing her lips against mine. It's quick and sweet as she jolts away.

Walt clears his throat and Harp flushes. "Sorry I couldn't help it. Blame it on reflexes." Everyone laughs and Harp asks, "Can I say something now?"

I smirk. "No. Take that as punishment for not letting me tell you all those things when I proposed."

She fights a smile and huffs, "Your loss chicken butt."

We exchange vows and Walt starts finishing up the ceremony. When we get to the point with him about to announce us man and wife, Harp is literally bouncing on her toes with impatience to seal the deal.

"Walt you better hurry because I'm at my limit and need to kiss my wife... again." I say with a wink to Harp.

He chuckles closing his Bible. "You may now kiss your bride."

In a second I swoop her into me bringing her deliciously curvy body against my hard one. My lips burn in hunger and I immediately cover her lips with mine groaning from the contact. The applause and clapping fade away as she slides her arms around my neck and I lift her up.

Her skin flushes such a beautiful color and she puts her hand over her mouth as we turned to everyone. I pull her down the isle with a fist pump as all our friends and family surround us. I feel like a man who just won the lottery, especially with how my wife's laughter fills my chest with inexplicable joy.

***

The sight before me pleases me to no end. Luke has the mayor's son cuffed and being led into the police station where I had to stop in for a moment to grab something. And boy am I glad I did. I lean against the counter with my arms crossed over my chest watching the display with pure joy.

"What's this?" I ask Luke as he hands him off to another officer for booking.

Once he's out of earshot Luke smiles. "I got you a one-week wedding anniversary present. You like?"

Laughing I say, "Best wedding gift yet. Wait till Harp hears about this. Did she see you?"

"No, don't think so. She was too busy headbanging to ACDC." Luke gets serious. "He was driving under the influence and swerving everywhere. He could've hurt, or worse, killed someone, especially with how fast he was going."

I shake my head and glare at the guy as he get's his picture taken. "Can I watch you put him in the cell?"

"Hey!" The guy hiccup shouts. "What did I ever do to you?" He slurs out overhearing us. "Is this some kind of set up? My dad's--"

"We know." I growl out. "That doesn't mean you can drive drunk." I lean into Luke whispering, "If I wasn't a cop man."

He chuckles knowing exactly what I was insinuating.

"What's your problem with me anyways."

Luke steps over to him once the fingerprinting is done and points him over to get his picture taken. "You don't want him answering that. Come on, time for your photoshoot." Luke turns to me. "You better hurry your wife is out there waiting impatiently for her honeymoon trip."

My lips twitch not being able to contain the savage possessiveness in hearing my wife. "She's gotten better with her patience since we've got together."

A car horn blasts through the air right at that moment. It's long and supremely loud. Luke cocks a brow. I shrug my shoulders. "I said she's gotten better not cured."

The horn then begins getting pulverized by my wife. The mayor's son squeezes his eyes shut with his hands over his ears. "Can you get your monstrosity of a wife to stop doing that. It's killing my head."

My muscles bulge and Luke rolls his eyes. "Nah, I can't think of a better punishment on top of being arrested."

Before the guy can reply Harp storms in with her dusty hat on and her fiery hair up in a ponytail swinging vehemently, signifying my darling wife's annoyance. "What on earth is taking so long? You promised me this was an in and out thing. Our flight is leaving in a bit and I want to go hiking."

My face scrunches into a bone crushing smile. Harp's is in her short shorts with a simple white t-shirt looking perfect. She puts her hands on those hips I've traced and gripped numerous amounts of times now and still can't get enough of. I also love how she doesn't saunter in like most women. Nope. My Firecracker storms in on those freckled legs with only the slightest limp now with the once raw pink skin looking peachier. "I was on my way out babe but..."

"No buts Chicken Butt. I've been waiting for fifteen minutes and..." Her voice trails off when she sees the mayor's son who stares her with blurry alcoholic vision until recognition sparks through his dull eyes.

"The gimp. Wait? You married her? We went on a date like..." His bleary hazed eyes dart around searching for an imaginary number floating in the air.

My nostrils flare and Luke pops his elbow on the counter and pinches the bridge of his nose. Harp however, simply lifts a red brow and a massive smile cracks across her freckled face. "Please tell me I'm allowed to do him bodily harm."

Luke busts out laughing, "Sorry Harp that's a no go."

"Oh well." She states not caring in the slightest. "He'll get what's coming to him."

She walks over to me pulling me down and giving me a nice long kiss. When her lips leave mine she stays hovering right underneath me with our bodies molded into each other. She smiles whispering, "Right hubby?"

I smirk at her. "As much as I'd love to do your bidding the best I can do is tell you all the creative ways to take care of him. on the plane."

"Good enough!" She shouts as she gives me a quick peck and strolls out but before the door can close she pops her head back in with that smooth ponytail swaying. "Good luck Bryan... you're going to need it."

"It's Brandon." He yells after but she's already gone.

I turn to Luke who's waiting for my next move. "What's the plan future sheriff?"

"Did you search his car yet?"

Luke nods. "Yep, doing the deed while driving and I found this in there as well." Luke puts on a latex glove and pulls out a baggie with white powder in it. "Right now, we've got him with possession."

"Coke?"

Luke nods.

"I told you that's not mine!" Brandon shouts.

We both stare at Brandon. As cops we hear that all the time. "That's possible but it's still in your car and seeing as how you were drinking while driving and intoxicated, it doesn't look good for you."

Luke pats my shoulder. "I've got it. Now go enjoy your honeymoon. Tell Harp this was all because of me."

"What? Trying to rack up brownie points with my wife McCallister?"

Luke pushes Brandon towards the phone. "It's always good to have the beast on your side."

Laughing I walk out of the station to Harp leaning against the car with the smile that is only mine. "How'd it go?"

I place my hands on my car and lean into her. "He'll will be in a good amount of trouble when we get back. Luke's going to handle it and will keep us posted. He hopes you enjoyed your one-week anniversary present from him."

She snickers, "I've always liked him."

I pull her into me. "Do I have to keep you two away from each other."

"God no! I just think you've finally found another friend besides my brother that's all."

I laugh and kiss her. "Ready?"

She nods and we get into the car. She turns on the radio and a beat we are all too familiar with echoes in the car. We both stop and stare at one another. Simultaneously we start singing at the tops of our lungs while performing some of the routine's dance moves awkwardly in our seats. I turn onto the highway towards the airport as our loud and terrible voices ricochet in the car along with our laughter.

A/N: So it's over. I don't know how to feel right now lol! Thank you all so much for reading and I hope you all enjoyed Harp and Owen's story and that you look forward to the next book I will be publishing! If you haven't read Paint With Me Among the Shadows please go check it out. It's number nine on bikers YAY!

I also have an idea for how I should decide what story in my series to post next... you guys!

Let me know in the comments below what series you would like to read after So She Dances and I will work on it :)

Here are your choices:

Salvation MC Series - All Roads Leading Home

Broken Open Series - Relentless Pursuit

A new college series I'm starting on - It is currently untitled

Or a historical romance fiction - Bound to You

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.7K 303 25
Mature content 18+ only BOOK 1 IN The Dominant series "You are crossing a very dangerous territory, Natalia. I suggest you better stop, before I take...
71.3K 1.7K 37
Alex has had his eyes set on Stacey ever since they were in middle school. She did too. With neither of them knowing how to express their feelings t...
849K 20.3K 67
Avery trusted her heart to a man who promised her forever. When he betrays her trust, should she stay and rebuild what was broken or let go and move...
205K 9.7K 72
"Captain, please reconsider. There's no way I'll be able to work with her. She's reckless, she doesn't follow orders, and she's a danger to the opera...