The Not-so Happy Ending | ✓

By yourneighbourhoodcow

Not everyone gets their prince charming, now do they? Life is not a fairytale. Let's get real now, shall we... More

Author Note
Characters (Main Characters)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Characters (Part 2)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Lucas's POV
1 k Reads!!!!
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Character Interview (Part 1)
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Character Interview (Part two)
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue: The End
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #2.5
Bonus Chapter #3
Bonus Chapter #4
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 1)
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 2)
Bonus Chapter #5
Bonus Chapter #1 (Maddison & Lucas)

Chapter 34

945 37 11
By yourneighbourhoodcow

Guys this s crazy! We have more than 5k reads and more than 100 votes! God thank you so much! Anyway here is chapter 34. 

P.S My new update schedule is every Tuesday and Friday!

Anway enjoy this chapter, make sure to vote and comment thank you!

(Ethan's wallpaper above ^)

~~~

(Ethan's Point of View)

It's been three days.

Three fucking days since I slept properly.

Three fucking days since I have looked depressed.

Three fucking days since I locked myself up in my room.

Three fucking days since I smelt my comforters that smelt like her.

Three fucking days since I have been staring at the signed jersey she got me the memory of her smiling brightly when she gave it me running through my mind.

Here I am right now sitting on my bed and staring at my lockscreen picture, which happens to be a picture of her. It was a picture I took when we were at the mall just a few weeks ago with our friends. Andrew and Chase were laughing at some joke Andrew said and both the girls just looked at them with a 'really' look. Amelia had borrowed my blue coat and it was wrapped around her, she was looking back at then and as we walked to the exit of the mall sunshine happened to glow on her and then and there I managed to take a picture of her.

She looked beautiful... With her hair flying around, her hair shining makes it seem lighter and her eyes shining.

Every time I looked at the picture a smile would make its way on to my face. But this time with a smile pain enveloped my heart.

Today was 31st December which meant tomorrow was new years. Chase and Andrew somehow managed to convince me to attend this party two blocks away. I wonder if Amelia is going?

I shook my head at my thoughts. I need to stop thinking about her!

I turned off my phone with a sigh. I got up and into the bathroom before taking a shower and getting ready. Just as I was making my hair, my phone pinged with a text. I looked down at it seeing it was from Lucas.

Since the day Lucas stayed over we have talked and texted. It seems nice to just talk to him.

I send him a hey back before rushing downstairs. Amelia, Madison, Chase, Andrew and I were supposed to be hanging out today. None of our friends knew about our breakup, sure they knew something was wrong but they didn't know what.

I pocketed my phone before walking downstairs and into the living room. I saw Andrew, Chase and Madison sitting on the couch talking to a super excited Adrian. "Hey." I mumble confused. Who let them in? How didn't I hear the doorbell?

"Adrian let us in." Chase said once he noticed the confusion on my face. "Oh okay. Anyway where are we going?" I ask them as I take a seat next to Adrian. "The new bowling alley that opened next to our school." Andrew says not looking up from his phone. "Okay now go get Amelia so that we can leave." Madison urges.

My body stills at that. I haven't seen Amelia in three days. I avoided all the dinners and ate in my room and somehow my mom never objected. "Um why don't one of you go." I mumble. They all furrow their eyebrows at that, even Andrew. "Seriously what is going on? Both of you are acting weird. Did you guys have a fight or something?" Chase asks just as Adrian runs out of the room.

"I am fine." I mumble. "No you're not. Tell us what's wrong, we are your friends." He says. "Fine. We broke up. Now can one of you go and call her so we can fucking leave." I say as nonchalantly as possible. "WHAT?!" All of them yell together the shock and surprise clear on their faces. I look at them with a raised eyebrow, daring them to ask me to repeat myself.

"How? When? Where? Who?" Madison asks. "Amelia broke it off. Something about me not deserving her and that she is too much of an emotional baggage. It happened three days ago." I mumble.

"T-This is too much to take in." Madison mumbled with wide eyes as she leaned back on the couch. Just then we heard footsteps and Amelia walked in. The sight of her made me go stiff. She had dark circles under her eyes, her hair was tied in a messy ponytail, she was wearing a pair of ripped blue jeans with one of her white off the shoulder crop tops. Seeing her after three days made my heart beat rapidly and I wanted nothing more than to get up and kiss the hell out of her.

Even with almost no make up on her face she looked amazing.

I saw the way her eyes widened at the sight of me and as she shamelessly checked me out. I was also wearing a pair of blue jeans and a white plain shirt. Wait, we are matching.

She averted her eyes from mine and mumbled a small 'hey'. "Hi." Everyone said in usion their eyes shifted between me and Amelia. "Let's get going." I said as I stood up, everyone following after.

We all walked out and I unlocked my car. "Um, who is riding with who?" Chase asks. I shrug, I honestly don't mind who I have to ride with. "We have two cars and five people." Madison says. I see Amelia looking down at the ground, "I'll ride with Amelia." I say my eyes not moving away from her. Suddenly her head whips up to me and she looks at me with a shocked expression. I move my eyes away from her and look at the others who seemed a bit shocked too.

"Madison, Andrew and Chase can go in one car while Amelia and I can go in the other. There it's sorted." I say and get into my car.

I turned on the ignition just as Amelia opened the door and sat inside. My hand itched to intertwine our fingers the way I always did while driving but I restrained myself.

I simply started the car and drove out the driveway. "I-I have something to say." Amelia says after a few minutes. Butterflies enter my stomach at the sound of her voice. "What?" I barely whispered as I tried to keep my focus on the road.

"I screwed up. I screwed up bad. I-I was scared, scared you would leave. E-Ethan, everyone around me has left at some point. No one stayed for long. You have been there for me, to hug me on my bad days, to wipe my tears, to make me feel loved. You have done all that and I am scared one day you will realize that... that you can't deal with me and that you deserve someone better. I know I am probably late, but I am sorry. I am really sorry and I don't expect you to take my apology since you have all the rights to be mad at me. But these three days were horrible, I don't know for you but for me, I felt empty, I felt lost... I realised I need you. That if our love is strong enough maybe you won't leave." She says quietly, her eyes on me. Somewhere in between her words I parked my car on the side of the road.

"You don't have to be scared Lia. I am here and will be here for a long long time. I don't care what you may think I deserve, but Lia if you haven't realized, you make me happy. Holding you, kissing you, loving you makes me happy. I forgive you, but I swear Lia break up with me once more then I will fucking lose it. Don't you ever do this to me again." I say as my hand goes up and caresses her cheek.

She leans into my touch and we both look into our eyes that are filled with love. "I won't. I won't ever do this to you. To me. To us again." She whispers as both of us lean in. "Good." I whisper and just like that I press my lips to hers.

Our lips move against each other hungrily and I wrap my free arm around her waist to pull her closer to me. She pulls away breathless, her lips red and swollen. She pants as she climbs off her seat and onto my lap. Her legs go on either side of me as she straddles me.

She again claims my lips with her. My lips part as a moan leaves my mouth. She slips her tongue in my mouth, taking me by surprise. It's usually me who takes control, but today she is and I would be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying it.

I let her take control for a while before I take over, kissing her with everything in me. My hands travel down to her ass and I cup it in my hands, squeezing it lightly casing her to moan. Before we could go any further my phone rings causing me to groan against her lips.

I pull away from her and take my phone out my pocket. I see the caller id and see Chase's name and groan. I pick up the call with one hand while the other is still wrapped around Amelia. Just as I answer the call, Amelia starts to kiss my jaw, making me moan and if I wasn't hard before I sure am now.

"What the hell?! Are you having sex in your car?!" Chase's voice booms reminding me that he is on the phone.

"Pfft... no." I say and grip on Amelia's waist tightly telling her to silently stop the torutre she is doing to me. But then she starts biting and sucking on my neck and I know for sure she will leave a hickey.

I bite my lip to contain the moans threatening to leave my mouth but I fail. "Amelia." I moan as she does her sweet torture. "I- Am I interrupting something?" Chase asks. "As a matter of fact yes. Now will you tell me for fucks sake why did you call?" I ask pulling Amelia closer to me if possible.

"Um we were wondering what was taking you so long since we arrived at the bowling alley 15 minutes ago. But now I guess I know. God, weren't you guys broken up like just an hour ago and now your having sex in your car?" He mumbles.

"Just shut up. We will be there in 10 minutes." I mumble and hang up before tossing my phone on the dashboard. I pulled Amelia's head out of the crook of my neck where she was placing wet kisses before smashing my lips on hers. I kiss her with every fiber in me and her hands find the way to the hem of my shirt as our kiss gets more heated.

"We can't. Not now. Everyone is waiting for us." I say as I pull away, my voice raspy and husky.

She says nothing and puts her head on my shoulder, both our pants and heavy breaths filling the car. Amelia removes her head from my shoulder and looks at me. "I love you." She whispers. "I love you too." I say as I peck her lips.

She then gets off my lap and onto her seat, only then does she notice my full on boner. Her eyes slightly widen and she coughs awkwardly. "Yeah..." I trail off and adjust myself in my seat before putting my seat belt back on.

I start the ignition and drive towards the bowling alley. One of my hands finds its way to Amelia's hand and I intertwine our fingers, a smile making its way onto my face.

I park the car in the driveway and I see all our friends in front of Andrew's car, all of them looking in the direction of my car with smirks on their faces. I remove my hand from Amelia's before getting out of the car, jogging to her side and opening her door. I offer my hand to her and she takes it with a smile on her face. Once she is standing completely with our hands intertwined I lean down and peck her on the lips before making my way to our friends, she follows next to me.

"So I heard you guys made up pretty well." Chase says with a smug look. "We did." I nod nonchalantly. Andrew and Madison snicker as they look at us. "Well let's get going." Andrew says as he slings his arm around Madison and Chase's shoulder.

I like the way things are not awkward between Madison and Andrew, considering they dated for at least a year. Chase did feel awkward and insecure at first with Madison hanging around with us and was understandable but Andrew and Madison both admitted that they are just friends and even when they were dating they never had the intimacy between them and that they could never like each other like that. It was always a friendly relationship to them.

We all make our way inside the building and go up to the table to get our bowling shoes and to pay.

After getting our shoes and paying we make our way further inside where we put in all our names on the screen.

"Okay, Madison you are up first." Chase says as he takes a step back so that Madison steps forward. She gives us all a wicked grin before choosing a bowl and walking towards the lane.

~~~

An hour later and here we are. Amelia and I have the highest scores, we are both tied and now it is my turn. If I get a strike I win, if not she does.

Let me tell you, both of us all hella competitive. I pick up my bowling ball and walk towards the lane. I look back at Amelia who is looking at me. I smirk at her before turning back. Just as I am about to let go of the ball I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look back and see Amelia standing there, with her hand on my shoulder as she leans into me. "What are you doing?" I ask. Having her this close to me is going to distract me and she knows that. "Oh nothing. Go on, play." She urges.

She presses her front completely onto my back, her breath hitting the back of my neck, she is standing on her toes and one of her hands firmly on my shoulder while the other is by her side. "Amelia stop." I whisper. "I am doing nothing." She says and as she speaks I feel her hot breath on my neck making me shudder.

I gulp and try to ignore the tingly feeling going on in my body as I roll the ball. My hand shakes a bit as I let go of the ball hence making it go sideways instead of in the middle and I already know I have lost. I groan and run my hands over my face.

"I WIN!" Amelia says happily as she claps jumping around.

"Yeah yeah whatever." I mumble. She squealed and wrapped her arms around my neck and squished me into a hug. I chuckled and wrapped my arms around her waist. "You cheated." I whispered into her ear. "Oh did I now?" She asks back in a whisper. "Mhm." I nod. She just shakes her head and breaks away from me before rushing off to Madison.

"It's weird how much of a control she has on you." Chase says from behind me. I turn and look at him with a raised eyebrow. "No like seriously. Three days ago we had to drag your ass out of the house and forget about smiling you would just glare at everything. And when we would ask you what's wrong you would snap. But look at you now. Now you're like this soft teddy bear." He snickers.

"Shut up." I mumble as I look at Amelia talking to Madison.

~~~

We were all back home now from bowling. All of us were on the couch in the living room watching some movie. Amelia was cuddled up next to me on the couch we had occupied, while Chase and Andrew on the other. Madison was sitting right in front of our couch with a blanket draped over her.

"Isn't he so hot?" Madison asks Amelia as she referees to the main male lead of the movie. "Mhm." Amelia nods as she strokes my arm that is wrapped around her securely to avoid her from falling down the couch. I roll my eyes at the comment and pull Amelia closer to me.

Seriously do they find every male lead hot? Like every movie we watch they make the same comment.

Amelia removes her hands from on my arm and tucks them underneath her head making herself more comfy. "I love you." I whisper to her. She turns to look at me and smiles, "I love you too." and she pecks my lips before turning back to the movie.

~~~

Many movies later everyone decides to leave and get ready for the party that's a few blocks away. Amelia is in her room getting ready while I am in mine. I honestly don't want to go for this party, no after Amelia and I made up. I just want to stay at home and cuddle with her.

"Ethan! Amelia we are leaving!" I hear my mom call out from downstairs. "Okay! Have fun!" I yell back so she can hear me.

My mom and dad were going out to dinner for new year's and they had this whole hotel room booked for the night, so they won't be coming back till tomorrow afternoon. Adrian is going to be staying with a friend and grandma was also going out with her old lady friends and won't be back till tomorrow.

So it's just Amelia and I for the night.

I hear the door open and close from downstairs and I know that now we are officially alone. I walk out of my room and into Amelia's room where she is looking for an outfit to wear. I wrap my arms around her from the back and look at her through the mirror she is standing in front of.

I put my face in the crook of her neck and rub my nose against it. "Ethan." She giggles.

"Hi." I grin as I look at her. "What are you doing?" She asks with a smile. "Trying to convince you to stay home." I mumble. "Not happening. Come on we have to go out. You can't sit home all alone on New years!" She says. "I won't be alone. I will have you and we can watch movies and cuddle. Plus, we are home alone." I whisper the last part to her in a seductive voice.

She blushes red and I take this as a chance to make her more flustered. "Imagine all the things we could do. Without any interruptions." I say with a suggestive look. Of course I am just kidding, I don't want to persuade her into anything. I will wait for as long as she wants me too. I just want to stay at home, hold her close and stare at her while she is watching a movie or something. Totally not creepy Ethan.

"Stop." She mumbles, avoiding eye contact with me as her face turns red. "I am kidding. But really can we please stay home? We will watch whatever movie you want. Please." I pout. "No." She says as she refuses to look at me. I further my pout but she doesn't even spare me a glance, avoiding my face on purpose because she knows if she looks she will give in.

I see her look at me from the corner of her eyes and sigh. "We have to go, but we can be back early. And maybe have a little celebration of our own." She whispers the last part seductively and I swear I blush and get hard then and there. "W-What?" I stutter. She starts laughing, like full on laughing. "Oh my god! You should have seen your face." She says as she continues to laugh, her head leaning back on me.

"Well you can't just say stuff like that and expect me to not react." I mumble. "Aw I am sorry. But really, we can come back early. Maybe before midnight." She says. "Yay!" I squeal as a kid, a fucking kid.

She just laughs and shakes her head at my reaction before turning to face me. "Okay now help me. What do I wear?" She asks. "I don't know. Anything?" I shrug. "What would people usually wear to such parties?" She asks. "Dresses, jeans or some shit like that. But wear what you feel comfortable in, no one is going to judge and if they do I will make sure to beat the living shit out of them" I tell her. She raises a brow at me and I shrug pulling her closer.

"I can't just wear sweats and one of your hoodies." She says. "You can actually, it's not like we are staying there for long anyway." I say. She just shakes her head and walks out of my embrace making me frown.

She walks towards her closet and opens it and starts rummaging through it. I walk and stand next to her before looking through it too. A black dress catches my eye and I pull it out. Huh... I have never seen this before.

It's a black body fit dress. It's not super long and by the looks of it, it would reach her mid thighs. The dress has thin straps and a v-neck that was not too deep. The back was mostly exposed and even though the dress was a bit revealing I knew Amelia would look amazing in it.

(Amelia's Dress ^^)

"You should wear this," I say as I show her the dress. The moment I do, her eyes widen. "You sure? Isn't that a bit... I don't know, revealing?" She says as she looks up at me unsurely. I see all her insecurities running through her eyes. "Amelia you are gorgeous. And you have an amazing body. I don't get why you get so insecure. Hell you don't see the amount of guys that stare at you when you walk through the hallways." I say.

I know if she wears this dress today guys are going to be all over her, but I don't care about that. I can handle the guys, trust me I can handle them pretty well. I just want her to be confident about her body, and if she needs a little push I am going to give her that. I honestly have nothing to be worried about, she is mine and I am hers, we both love each other and that won't change if a bunch of guys stare at her.

"Are you sure this will look good?" She asks as she looks at me. "It will look amazing! Now go get changed." I say as I give her the dress. She takes it from me and looks at it for a second before walking into the bathroom.

I sit on her bed waiting for her to come out. After a few minutes the door opens and Amelia walks out. My eyes bulge out of its socket, if possible and I shamelessly check her out. The dress hugs all her curves and shows off her amazing legs. Her cleavage is seen a bit and god does she look sexy and hot.

"Well...?" She asks. I get up and walk up to her and wrap my arms around her. "You look so sexy and hot." I whisper. She blushes at me and I lean down and press my lips to her. The kiss is sweet and innocent at first before it gets more heated. I pull her closer to me until her body is completely pressed up to mine. Our hands roam around each other and I pull away before it can get anymore further. I really didn't want to pull away, hell no but we just have like 30 minutes before we have to leave and I know for sure 30 minutes won't be enough for either of us if we start something right now.

She blushes as she looks up at me. I chuckle and peck her before letting go of her. "I am gonna go get ready. See you in a few minutes baby." I say and peck her forehead before walking out.

I looked through my closet and pulled out a pair of black jeans and a black shirt. I removed my clothes and put it on before putting my leather jacket on. I then again went into Amelia's room and this time she was sitting on her small vanity table and doing her makeup and hair. Her make up was light, she only had red lipstick on with a bit of eyeliner and her hair was free, flowing down her back.

She glided the lipstick over her lips once more before rubbing her lips together. God she looks amazing.

She looks at me and smiles. "You look nice." She says. "And you look hot." I mumble as I stare at her red lips that are begging for me to kiss her. She chuckles as she puts on a pair of black heels.

She walks up to me and straightens my jacket before leaning up and pecking my lips. Before I could even try to think of deepening the kiss she pulls away causing me to frown. "Nope. Not right now. I just put lipstick on. Now let's go downstairs." She says as she intertwines our hands and pulls me downstairs.

We both sit on the couch talking about random stuff until the doorbell rings. Amelia and I get up at the same time and we walk towards the door. I pick up my keys just as she opens the door.

"Hey!" Madison and Chase say at the same time. "Hey!" Amelia says with a smile. "Is that the dress I got you for Christmas?! Gosh you look amazing. I knew you would rock the dress." Madison says. "Thank you." She smiles.

"Andrew is waiting for us in the car. I am guessing you and Ethan are driving together?" Chase asks. "Mhm." I nod and stand next to Amelia. "Great, then let's go." Chase says.

Madison and Chase walk up to Andrew's car while Amelia and I walk up to mine. We get into the car and just after I turn on the ignition I take Amelia's hand in mine.

I intertwined our hands and pulled out the driveway before following behind Andrew's car. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 717 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
426K 10.6K 78
I feel his dirty hands touch me once more and move up higher to my thighs. I try to jerk them away but he locks my arms in his hand above my head as...
234K 10K 30
Amelia Jame is 17 years old and has never really spoken to any boy except her best friend Tyler. She is a straight 'A' student and has never gotten i...
369K 10.7K 61
Summer Jones doesn't have a perfect life - a crazy half family, dropping grades and absolutely no idea on what she's doing in life. This tomboy has n...