Little Red (Twisted Dark, #4)

Autorstwa AMLKoski

Twisted Dark, Book IV ~~~ Red had left the Covens for a reason. She hadn't liked the rules and inste... Więcej

Warnings of the Woods
Revenge of Red
Chapter One: Chaos
Chapter Two: Ease of Magick
Chapter Three: Mama Sorceress
Chapter Three: Mama Sorceress: Part Two
Chapter Three: Mama Sorceress: Part Three
Chapter Four: Oracles
Chapter Five: Protecting Our Own
Chapter Six: Hard Truths
Chapter Seven: Confrontations
Chapter Seven: Confrontations: Part Two
Chapter Seven: Confrontations: Part Three
Chapter Eight: Little Red
Chapter Nine: Maybe
Chapter Ten: Guessing Motives
Chapter Eleven: Feral Soul
Chapter Twelve: Back to Hunting
Chapter Thirteen: Calling for Help
Chapter Fourteen: Blood Magick
Chapter Fourteen: Blood Magick: Part Two
Chapter Fourteen: Blood Magick: Part Three
Chapter Fifteen: New Life
Chapter Fifteen: New Life: Part Two
Chapter Seventeen: Pissed Off Witches
Chapter Eighteen: New Heights
Chapter Eighteen: Part Two: New Heights
Chapter Nineteen: Honoured
Chapter Twenty: Back to Business
Chapter Twenty-One: Attempt to Conquer
Chapter Twenty-Two: Morning After
Chapter Twenty-Three: Making Deals
Chapter Twenty-Four: Family Matters
Chapter Twenty-Five: Killing Instinct
Chapter Twenty-Six: Roads to Take
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Choice to Make
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Something Blue
Epilogue: Never Ever
~ Playlist ~

Chapter Sixteen: Reverence

1.9K 224 33
Autorstwa AMLKoski

I walked through the trees, my hands in my pockets. The sunlight bouncing off the snow was enough to give me a killer headache. I had overexerted myself yesterday and despite the amount of potions and magick Bam had hit me with to boost me up, I was still feeling it slightly. There was a reason witches usually kept a back up reserve that they didn't use. It was better that then dealing with the horrendous after effects of dealing with a complete depletion.

However I was back out into the Forest because I wanted to make sure Violet and her babies were safe.

Damned blood magick.

I scowled at myself slightly. If the damn thing wasn't so instinctive and seemed to be bred into every single magick user that existed, I wouldn't have done it. Blood magick was easy to use, very easy to use. There was a reason there were rules about using tools and purified tools in order to work magick. A lot of previous magick had all been blood magick and that had caused a lot of issues. Plus there was the whole idea of blood magick that I had liked so I actually paid attention when we were learning about it.

However the new blood bond I made between Violet and I had me wanting to check on her to see if she was okay and if she was alright. I grimaced slightly at that. It was great fun having another sister I was super protective over like I was with Tia. I couldn't blame anyone but myself though, so I had to simply deal. I shook my head and trudged through the snow, at leas the good thing about the blood magick was it acted like a honing beacon. I knew exactly where Violet was, my blood was in her veins and hers was in mine. I knew that if she wanted to find me, it would be just as easy for her as it was for me.

Not that I was ever actively hiding from anyone. I wasn't exactly on the scale of secretive that some witches could be. I lived over a bar with two roommates who had seen me naked more times than we could count. I wasn't hiding from anyone but still. If she ever needed help, she could use the blood bond between us to pinpoint my location and come find me. Which I figured was a good thing. If BamBam decided to continue to bother her, she could find me to let me know so I could go break my older sister's face just to get her to stop being so fucking childish.

Which I had continually told her even after she had drug me into her interdimensional plane and continued to bitch about Violet. I had finally snapped and told her to take it up with mother if she was going to throw a tantrum because I didn't deal with grown women throwing tantrums like toddlers when they didn't get their way. I just hoped my mother discarded her 'need to be neutral' stance and actually gave BamBam all the information rather than locking us in together in some sort of sick desensitization therapy chamber like she had last night.

Which I was still super fucking pissed off about.

I had told her I didn't want to play peace keeper between Violet and Bam, that I didn't want to be the sole person ending a blood feud but then she had to be heinous and lock us together in the middle of a blizzard with Violet nearly dying. Which was fucked up in it's own right, who the fuck did that just to end a blood feud? My mother apparently. I made a slight noise of disgust. I didn't even want to think of her at the moment. I would give her a piece of my mind, but later, once I had left the 'I'm going to fucking throat punch you on sight the next time I see you' stage of my current anger.

I really did want to hurt her for that. Not just for ignoring my wishes and forcing me to go head to head with Bam but for playing with Violet's life like that. She could have easily died and that didn't sit right with me. Even without the blood bond alerting me to how fucked up it was that she had done that. Before that I had been horrified. There was a reason necromancy was illegal, playing with life and death never ended well for anyone. It didn't matter that Bam and I had delivered the twins alright and Violet was still alive, the fact we had been put into that place at all was supremely fucked up. It might not have been necromancy but it was still playing with life and death.

I moved around a tree and paused. I could hear loud conversation and the crunching of many feet moving through snow. The cabin was in view and I hung back, wondering just what and who was coming. I allowed my magick to fill me up, simmering underneath my skin to keep ready. If it looked like Violet and her babies needed help, I was more than happy to work out some of my anger and frustration out on whoever wanted to try anything against my blood sister.

I spotted a crowd moving towards the cabin and could tell they were werewolf. There was a crowd of about twenty to twenty-five and they were pulling a rather large l, covered sled. They were jovial and laughing as they walked and I couldn't sense any malevolence from them. They seemed to just be excited and happy to be out and walking around. I waved my hand slightly in my face. My magick swirled the air in front of me wavered, enhancing the view, bringing it closer to me without me actually having to get within scenting range.

The werewolves were bundled up in winter gear and to my surprise I spotted a female werewolf walking in front next to a large werewolf. His arm was slung over her shoulders and she was tucked close to his side. They were talking and I swirled my fingers, enhancing the picture more. It took a second before the sound became clearer. "-ted! My boy will be having a babe of his own!" The female looked up at the male as she said it, her grin wide and toothy and it reminded me of Aymis when he smiled. Apparently the werewolf was strong in my little brother. I huffed out an amused breath at that.

"We shall have to start planning the celebration, my heart. When the babe is born we will celebrate for a week!" The male said it with just as much enthusiasm as the female had and I glanced at the male again, studying his features. There it was, the male looked like the werewolf named Lyxton. At the reminder I narrowed my eyes. I was so going to send my fist through his face the next time I saw him for the stupid idea he had pulled. One for interrupting me and fucking shit up, and two for putting hands on me, and three for making me bleed as he threatened to kill me. I didn't play like that.

The entire procession stopped in front of the cabin and I shifted my view so I could see the front door. I watched the scene intently as I waited. The female moved away from the male before heading to the door and knocking. There was excited noises through the crowd that I tuned out as I watched as the door opened and a male that looked rather a lot like Lyxton opened the door.

He was bundled up and I watched as he grinned, opening his arms wide, "Ma!" He pulled the female into a hug, lifting her off his feet as he gave that toothy grin before setting her down. He grasped her face and kissed both of her cheeks, looking more than excited. "Pa!" He grinned at the male as he let his mother go and I leaned against the tree further, rather interested in what was going on. "I've news. Great news!" He threw his arms wide. "I'm a father!" The accented words bellowed out of him and there were whoops of excitement that echoed the statement from the werewolves present, some of them even howling their excitement.

I watched as the female gave him another hug before cupping his face in her hands. "Wonderous! Let us meet the newest clan member!" With that she patted his cheek before letting him go. He disappeared back into the cabin and the female bounced on her feet. "A babe is born! What a wonderous day!"

The male came up behind her, hugging her tight. "We are grandparents! We must celebrate!" He said it quickly and I was surprised that they didn't share the same accent as the two males. It was strange but I shook it off as I watched carefully.

The male came back with a tiny bundle that was wrapped up tight in cold weather gear. He held it tight to his chest, beaming down at the baby. "My son. Here is my beautiful little male." He bent down and I figured he was kissing the baby's cheek before he held the child out, letting it go into his mother's waiting arms.

"Look, Garuund, a new warrior for our clan." She hugged the baby tight to her chest, nuzzling into the winter gear to, more than likely, press kisses to the baby's face.

She held him up and her husband took the bundle, holding the baby up as he turned to the rest. "A male! We have another warrior!" It bellowed out of him and the werewolves once again erupted into cheers. I found a slight smile on my face. It was always so nice to see how others got excited about babies. Violet deserved that, she didn't get to grow up with a family, or grow up surrounded by the love that her babies would get. She deserved to have that for herself and her babies.

I watched as Violet's male came out with another bundle that he was damn near curled around, Violet by his side. She looked a lot better, she was still pale but not as pale as she had been last night. She was bundled up as well and I could only imagine they were going to take her and the babies where to wherever it was that her male's family lived. I approved, she was too out in the open where she currently was.

The male held the little bundle like it was made of the most fragile glass and I watched as his mother turned to look, her smile disappearing as she gave a gasp, covering her mouth with her hand. "Twins?" It came out on a breath and I actually had to strain to hear it, even with the magick enhancing the sound. Violet's male nodded and the female whirled around to the cheering weres where her husband was parading his grandson around. "There has been twins! There are twins!" It came out of her high with excitement as she waved her arms to get their attention and the werewolves practically exploded with excitement. I had to magickally lowered the sound from my enhancement and as it was what I could hear from my spot was nearly deafening.

I turned back to watch though. I honestly wanted to see what their reaction to learning the other baby was female would be. There was a huge celebration when a warlock was born to a witch. Midwives would practically hang out windows and bellow it to the streets and everyone would gather and dance outside of the parents' house when it was announced. I watched as the female approached, her arms wide and a wide grin of pride on her face. She reached for the baby and the male hesitated.

"It's alright, Jax." Violet said it softly and I could see her rubbing her male's back.

He shook his head slightly, reaching up to, I assumed, touch his daughter's face. "But...I don't wish to let go." He glanced at her and swallowed hard. I could tell he was damn near tears and I quirked up an eyebrow at the reaction. That was interesting.

"It's alright. This is your mother, I am sure she will take great care." Violet said it with a smile and he nodded before gently and carefully moving his hands to hold the baby out for his mother.

"My daughter." He cleared his throat, "Here is my blessed and wonderous little female." It came out of him choked and his mother froze her touch going from exuberant to nearly impossibly gentle.

"A female?" She damn near whispered it and I watched as Violet's male nodded, wrapping his arms around Violet, pulling her close. I watched as his mother curled around the little female in her arms protectively.

Her husband came back over, still cheering. "Another strong male for the clan?" He said it with excitement as he rocked the baby in his arms, his grin wide and proud.

She shook her head. "A female. Violet has blessed the clan with a female." She said it softly as she rocked the baby back and forth. I found my mouth twitch upwards slightly at the amount of reverence she gave the statement.

The male's eyes went wide and he waved his one arm up. "A female! Violet has blessed the clan with a female!" It came out of him clipped and nearly choked and all noise and cheering halted abruptly. I crossed my arms over my chest and watched as Violet's male gathered her up into his arms and stepped out into the snow.

He carried her towards the covered sled and I watched as his mother and father gently touched her as she went by, bowing their heads at her in reverence. They followed close behind her, keeping the babies close to their parents. I watched as all the werewolves made a path for them, each one reaching out and touching Violet, their heads bowed in deference, reverence, and surprisingly love. It was enough to almost bring a tear to my eye to see how my blood sister was being treated.

I could hear murmured blessings and thanks being given from the werewolves until her male got her into the sled and she had her babies handed into her afterwards. I watched as her male joined her and the rather reverent group turn the sled carefully and then slowly start to pull it back the way it came.

I waved my hand and the magnifying spell disappeared. "Good for you, Violet." I muttered it out as I shook out my hand, shaking the magick away. She deserved how she was being treated. She deserved to be treated with such reverence and love. She needed it to make up for how shit Irma had been to her.

"Well well well, if it isn't little red." At the rather cocky voice I blinked, stiffened and said fuck it as I whirled around and aimed a punch right at his face.

That stupid motherfucker.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

458K 25.8K 46
EDITED ~~~~ Book two of Forgotten series. ~~~~ Shey Lazera felt she was not destined to have a mate. She had been rejected so many times she almost...
7.5K 439 7
"Killian what?" She asks while scribbling my name on the book. "Just Killian." She looks up at me with furrowed eyebrows. "No surname?" I smile fain...
1.1M 66.3K 52
**COMPLETED*** This is book 2 and can be read as a standalone but I recommend you read "Fated" first. Something caught my eye and when I looked up i...
274K 24.9K 39
Lacey wasn't a very good witch. She was born to a powerful witch with a powerful warlock as a father, her siblings were also very powerful, the most...