Conversation *ᴹᵃᵗᵗʸ ᴴᵉᵃˡʸ*

By imagine-that-100

'It wasn't his intention to flirt with anyone today. But you seemed to have been sent by the universe for him... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Epilogue

Part 6

2.2K 37 62
By imagine-that-100

A/N: Mentions of death

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

When you got onto the other bus your mood picked up almost immediately. They got you laughing and messing around again, just like you had done with the boys at the beginning of the tour.

When they saw you enter the lounge, you were immediately jumped on by Rome. He gave you a bear hug causing you to laugh and hug him back tightly, the comfort was welcome at this moment in time. 

Matty's words kept playing on your mind and you couldn't stand it. It was as if it was a scene from a film and it was stuck on repeat. You could remember every detail of it. 

When you move through into the lounge, each member of both bands got up and gave you a hug. They were the kindest people because they could definitely tell you'd been crying but no one mentioned it at all.

Once you all have a quick chat, Heather leads you down the bus into the back lounge.

She tells you that she wants you to do her make-up and she insists she'll do yours afterwards. Heather went for the same look most of the time and today was no different, you just went for red instead of black today.

Something which she seems over the moon about and jokes about how she wants you to do her make up all the time.

"I love how you've made me look fierce" Heather says, and you chuckle.

"Isn't that always the aim?" You joke with a little smile.

You'd been a slob and not done your make up properly for a long while, so you were looking forward to her glamming you up.

"Yes... Let me make you look fierce tonight" Heather grins, getting her make-up out again.

You'd accidentally left yours on the squad's bus and you definitely weren't going back there today.

"That's fine by me... But I don't know how fierce I'm going to look in this" You say pulling at your oversized jumper and leggings.

"Don't worry about that, you can wear my stuff" Heather waves you off and then she begins her work.

And she works a miracle because after an hour you look completely different.

Heather had completely transformed you from looking like a depressed teenager to a sexy bitch who looked like she was ready to break a man. You were speechless when you saw yourself in the mirror.

She's given you a black and silver eye shadow look that was beautiful. She'd started by doing a black smoky eye look which was amazing but then she astounded you by doing a silver cut crease. It looked amazing, really making your Y/E/C eyes stand out.

She then did a sleek winged eyeliner over the top which you were amazed by. She literally did it within 5 minutes and you couldn't get over it. The only thing you were missing were fake lashes, but you just applied plenty of mascara to make up for it. She'd given you a bright red lipstick to wear to match your hair as well.

She'd got the others to help her pick an outfit out for you, which you were worried about at first. However, when you got it all on you felt like a model. They dressed you in leather pants that had laces going up the side of each leg making you look hot.

You also had a black bralette on with a completely see through long-sleeved mesh top on over the top. Heather let you wear her healed platform ankle boots as well, which made you extremely happy. 

Rome had randomly decided that he then wanted to do your hair for the evening. He ended up straightening and you absolutely loved how you looked.

When you all get called into the arena you're dreading it. You really didn't want to see Matty again today but for the sake of your job you knew you'd have to.

Unfortunately, you couldn't just photograph the others. Everyone wanted Matty.

The more you thought about it during the moments you had to yourself, when Heather had gone to grab something or when you were getting changed, the angrier it made you. You weren't upset anymore, you were angry so if he so much as looked at you the wrong way tonight, you would be the one snapping.

Pale Waves' bus had thankfully been called into the arena first which you were thankful for. By now you knew pretty much where the boys would be kept before each show, so you were thankful you'd be able to stay clear of them.

As you walk with Pale Waves and No Rome gang down a long corridor you could hear your squad chatting loudly from behind you. You saw Hugo and Charlie who were just in front of you turn and yell a loud, "Hey" at them.

They stop in front of you when they heard Ross yell something back that you all couldn't hear.

You silently curse when you can't get past them fast enough and you hear the boys walking towards your current crowd. You couldn't even hide from them, you had bright red hair. However, when you hear Matty call your name you scoff, rolling your eyes before proceeding to ignore him.

When they came up behind you, Ross started chatting to the two Pale Wave boys and you listen to their conversation intently. When Matty says your name again and you feel his hand take yours, you turn around and shoot him a dirty look.

You jerked your hand out of his grasp as if he had burnt you and the others take notice.

The Pale Waves gang and Rome look shocked, but your squad didn't. They did, however, look you up and down and you saw Matty visibly gulp which boosted your confidence.

You hear George let out a low wolf whistle and you hear Ross say, "Fuck me" and you genuinely smile at him.

You chucked slightly and bite your lip before risking it, asking "You want me to Ross?"

"Yeah?" He questions with a humorous smile on his face.

His grin only gets bigger when you walk up in front of him and rest your hands on his chest.

"After the show though..." You continue as you fix his collar on his blue shirt playfully.

You feel him place your hands on your waist keeping you close. He could see where you were going with this and you smile up at him when you see the smirk on his face.

"I have some shitty pictures to take first" You say so everyone could hear you and you turn out of his grip.

As you turn, you throw Matty another dirty look and started walking down the corridor.

It was deadly silent until you hear Heather say, "That was hot" and hear the Rome and Ciara agreeing.

"Wearing that just for me Y/N/N?" You hear Ross ask.

"Just for you Ross" You call back, "Been trying to get your attention for the last two months"

"Glad you're finally noticing" You call before you turn the corner.

You refrain from looking back towards them as you did so. But you're thankful another wall stops you from looking towards them when your hear Matty call your name again.

Your more thankful though when you hear George telling him to leave you alone.

You walk towards the stage to try and spot a specific crew member but unfortunately you don't see him straight away. After a few minutes of searching, you find the guy who gives you Matty's Sincerity is Scary stuff and tell him you won't be doing it tonight.

When the time comes you spent the whole night at the front of the stage. You get pictures of both No Rome and Pale Waves and when your boys came on you find yourself extremely dedicated to your work.

You weren't like you usually were despite trying to be for the rest of the band's sake. For example, when they start playing Love Me you did go to Adam's side of the stage and do a tiny dance for him, but it wasn't nearly as flamboyant as he was used to.

Ross didn't see you sing along once the whole night which was really strange to him, he'd grown use to watching you scream your heart out to Robbers every night.

But you found yourself going over to the sound tech area for the later half of the concert and taking some shots from further back. Better to just get Matty's silhouette than actually focusing on trying to get a good picture of him.

You think you manage to take the best photos that you ever had tonight. You feel proud of yourself when you take a quick look through them when the show ends.

You go into the room with them like you always did when the show finished, because you wanted to say well done to three of them. It was a little awkward when you first went in because the first person you connected eyes with was Matty, but Ross quickly changed that.

Ross swoops in and gives you a massive hug like usual and he gets you laughing in no time. You're a giggling mess when he lets you go and you're still giggling when you move on to Adam.

You don't think you could ever stop calling him adorable no matter how much he asks you to. He just makes you happy, even just him smiling at you makes you want to give him and hug and pinch his cheeks.

When George comes back, shirtless like always, in he goes straight over to his polaroid telling you that he's getting a picture with you. Adam takes it for you and the pose that George makes you do makes you laugh. You stand at his side with one of his arms around your waist but then he make you raise your leg up against him, so he was holding underneath your knee.

He instructs you not to smile because that's not what models do and when the picture develops you love it with all your heart. You both look hot and George immediately put it on his Instagram which surprises you, but it makes you love it even more.

You were also making playful jokes with Ross about how you were both spending your night and you nearly gasp when he winks at you, saying, "Can't wait to test out how strong those bunk beds actually are Y/N/N"

By the end of your long hour of flirting, you were a giggling mess as you really weren't used to Ross being like this.

You were glad they weren't being any different with you. After all it wasn't you who'd done anything wrong.

You took some satisfaction out of hearing the harshness in their voices when Matty spoke up. Multiple times when he tried to speak to you, one of the others got louder and you focus your attention on them.

That's what happens over the next few days too. Although, sometimes there weren't around to act as a buffer.

When you got to Boston, Matty tried to talk to you again but this time you point blank told him that you didn't want to speak to him.

You had managed to get the rest of your stuff out of the bus whilst they were back stage at the Boston show and thankfully after that you were all staying in hotels when you got to Canada because you were flying home after that show. And you really couldn't wait to get back home.

The night before the show in Toronto, you were walking through the long hotel corridor back to your room. You had been out exploring the city doing some shopping and taking some pictures. You liked roaming the city alone, it was peaceful watching a busy city pass you by.

When you turn the corner in the corridor you come to a stop. Matty was sat on the floor outside your room and with his head resting on his knees. He looked like a child who'd just been told off.

You don't say anything as you make your way to the door. You get your key card out and stop in front of him. He gets up in a scramble, saying, "Hey" a few times as he moves out of your way.

"What do you want Matty?" You ask bluntly, opening your door and making your way inside.

He follows you into the room as you place your shopping bags and camera on the bed. But you're just met with silence.

You turn around and look at him expectantly, waiting for an answer. You watch as he takes a deep breath before letting out a large sigh when he stuffs his hands into the pockets of his black jeans.

"I want to apologise" Matty announces looking towards the ground.

You crossed your arms and take a deep breath waiting for him to continue.

"I never should have said all that stuff back on the bus... I didn't mean any of it" He says, and you move and look out of the window. You see the dots of lights that litter the city and it's such a stunning view.

You hear Matty sigh again, more than likely at your actions, but he continues with his explanation none the less. "I was just agitated, and I've been off for a while... I'm really sorry"

"Only agitated at me though" You state.

"I wasn't..." He says but you interrupt.

"You were" You say in anger as you turn back around to look at him, "Don't lie to me Matty, I hate liars"

You always found that it was harder for someone to lie to you if they had to say whatever it was to your face.

"I... I'm just..." Matty starts but then stops, rubbing his eyes.

"I'm just really sorry Y/N" He says, and you can see the sincerity in his eyes.

You take a moment and let him wait for a minute before replying to him.

"Thanks for apologising" You say with a half-smile on your face but Matty saw that it didn't quite reach your eyes.

He knew you didn't forgive him.

You both stand there in an awkward silence for a few moments until you say, "Well I better get some more photos edited" and get your laptop out of your bag. You see Matty head towards the door and open it.

Before he leaves your room, he stops and says once more, "I really am sorry Y/N" and he closed the door behind him.

The following day you decide to be the bigger person and try and let your feelings slide. You try to create a blank canvas named Matty Healy in your mind and you let go of the resentment you've felt towards him for the past 3 weeks or so.

That night you decide that you would give him his Sincerity costume. Something which you were glad you did because when he saw you at the side of the stage his whole face lit up.

You both didn't feel the need to chat like you once had done, and there was no kisses that night. But it certainly felt like a step in the right direction.

~*~*~*~*~*~

When you get back to Manchester you take a well-deserved week off.

You spent the week trying to get back to normal and most of the time in bed. The only person you physically spoke to that week was your best friend.

You told her everything that happened between you and Matty and she was there to get you back to your old self. You decided that bright red hair in Manchester wasn't the best way to keep yourself unseen like you wanted.

So, you'd booked yourself an appointment at a salon near your flat to have your hair dyed brown before going into the studio to see the boys the following Monday. You just wanted to go to a natural colour and though brown was easiest to get to without much more damage to your hair.

You'd spent most of your week in bed catching up on all the Netflix that you'd missed out on. American Netflix was brilliant, but you couldn't get the weekly updates on some of the programmes that you had in the UK.

By the time you stroll into the studio on Monday, it felt like you'd not seen the boys in forever. So you were excited to get back to them... Well, most of them.

After your hair was transformed back to a normal colour, you go to Costa and get them all a coffee. You also didn't have the heart not to get Matty a chocolate bar when you got yourself one.

When you get in and set the coffees down, you were greeted with an enormous hug off Ross which you didn't realise you had missed so much. He tells you that your hair look lovely and so did Adam when he came over to give you a hug.

You smile at Matty noticing that he'd had the same idea as you and his hair was back to his normal brown. When you throw the chocolate bar his way, he catches it which causes him to smile brightly back at you.

You then turn towards your best friend George and you almost drop your coffee. You stop dead when you see him, and your stomach drops. A gasp escapes your lips and you had to sit yourself down whilst looking at him.

"Okay... I feel sick..." You say in shock, putting your coffee on the table.

George lets out a laugh as he runs a hand through his now short hair.

"I mean I love it and you look fit, but I feel sick" You say with your eyes still wide.

After a second you get up and give him a quick hug but you stare at his hair as you do so. You couldn't help but reach up and run a hand through it.

George just laughs and you let out a nervous laugh, "I'm going to have to get used to this"

"Yeah, well now you know how I felt when you went red" George jokes and runs his fingers through your fresh new hair.

You got back to normal with them very quickly. The days bled into weeks faster than you thought they would and you found yourself getting accustom to being at home again.

You didn't realise how much you missed your old routine of coming into the studio to see them. Living with them was an experience you wouldn't forget anytime soon but it somehow was better to come and see them.

You spent your days taking picture after picture and had even made them walk the streets of Manchester so you could do a little photo shoot with them.

You were editing in the studio more than what was healthy though. You told yourself time after time one more picture and that led to you being in the studio till late on quite a few occasions.

Matty always seems to always be the last to go and you only realise that at like 9pm when your extremely long playlist finishes. You didn't chat to each other like you used to when you were alone.

He would do his work and you would do yours. And that was the end of it.

You and Matty weren't as close as you once were but you were okay as you could be with that.

It wasn't awkward like it once was, there was just no flirting between the two of you anymore, but at least you had your friend back. Sort of.

It was nearing the end of June when you were sat around with them on a particularly boring day. You were sat on the sofa next to George and across from you was Adam and Ross. Matty was sat about 3 meters away from you at the mixing desk with his guitar in hand.

You were all having a lovely chat about their favourite moments from the tour. And you made sure to focus on the good ones, pretending the bad ones didn't exist. 

George starts chuckling next to you out of nowhere and you look round at him, slightly confused.

"That day that you put my hair in a plait and I forgot about it and went on stage like that" George chuckles.

You, Ross and Adam lightly laugh along until you whine with a sad smile "Aww... I wish I could do that again"

"You love my new hair" George grins, running his hand through it and you smile at him.

"It's a good luck for you but I still miss those long locks of yours Georgie" You say.

The conversation carries on for a little while but then fades out when you all hear a familiar tune being played on Matty's guitar.

The other boys all looked around for a moment before getting their phones out and keeping themselves quiet and distracted on those. However, your eyes were fixed on Matty.

He had his back facing towards you all and you assume his focus was completely on the song that he'd started singing. As the start of the song Nana echoes around the room you instantly feel like there's a ball in your throat.

It took you back to the sad times in your life and you remembered the first time you listened to the song when it was released. You cried your heart out for like 20 minutes after the song had ended. It broke you.

The raw emotions you once felt whilst listening to the song were quickly resurfacing as you intently watch and listen to how perfect it is. You could feel the tears pooling in your eyes and they threatened to spill over.

When Matty gets to the lyric 'But I like to think you hear me sometimes' you close your eyes for a long moment, and you feel the tears trickle down your cheeks.

When you opened your eyes back up you could see Matty's fuzzy figure through your tears and your gaze was fixed solely on him.

You didn't notice Adam's face fall when he saw the tears on your cheeks after he looked up from his phone. You didn't notice him nudge Ross next to him with his elbow or see Ross' look of confusion which prompts Adam to nod towards you.

You didn't see both of their faces show worry for you or their inner battle. They didn't want to disturb Matty.

They all knew that sometimes he just needed a few minutes to let out his emotions and they didn't want to interrupt him.

Instead, after trying for a little while they manage to get George's attention.

George pulls you into his chest when he see that you're silently crying. He sees that your eyes were bloodshot, and he felt your shaky breathing as his arm was around you.

From being clasped in George's grip you didn't take your eyes off Matty's back. All you felt was the over whelming emotion taking over your body.

You didn't often let the past resurface but there was something about this song that just brought everything back up for you.

You felt George rubbing your arm soothingly as you all continue to listen to the song, and you didn't try and stop the tears from falling. George's shirt was serving as a good tissue for you and the sleeve of your hoodie was also coming in handy.

As Matty finishes the last lyric of the song as you manage to get yourself out of George's grip and start walking quietly to the bathroom. You make eye contact with Adam and Ross on the way past and send a small smile their way.

Adam takes ahold of your hand on the way past and he gives it a comforting squeeze before letting you go to the bathroom. As you close the door behind you to the make shift bedroom, you hear Matty play the last chord of the song.

You quickly make your way into the bathroom and lock the door letting out the sob that you'd been choking back. As you sit on the ground, all the memories, both good and bad, had come rushing back to you of family you had lost over the years.

Your family were the most important thing in your life and unfortunately you had lost each member within the last 5 years of your life. Growing up you only had a small family it was you, your Mum, your Dad, and your Grandma.

Your other Grandparents had died before you were born so she never failed to shower you with the affection that she assured the others would have. She also made up for it 10 times over. She was the one who bought you your first camera, igniting your love for photography.

She meant the world to you and you were incredibly precious to her being her only grandchild. She died 5 years ago which completely broke both yours and your parents' hearts.

Almost a year later your Mum passed away. You thought she'd not really gotten over her own mum passing and died from the heartbreak.

This was something you promised yourself you wouldn't do yourself.

You Dad was your rock for the next two years but through the loss of your Mum and your Grandma he too unfortunately ended up passing. You were left alone at the age of 20 and you promised yourself you would just do your best in life and live it to the fullest.

You only surrounded yourself with people who made you happy and didn't take any bullshit from anyone else. You thought of them every day, but you never let yourself get emotional about them. You knew they wouldn't want you too.

In fact, the last time you did get emotional about them was when you heard Nana being played for the first time. It brought back a lot of memories for you and the song would forever hold a special place in your heart.

After about 5 minutes of crying your heart out, you finally start to calm down. You look at yourself in the mirror once you stand back up and you remove the smudged make up from your face.

Once you were presentable and felt like you could keep your emotions at bay, you unlock the bathroom door and step into the makeshift bedroom. It was there you find Matty sitting on the bed waiting for you.

He didn't say anything to you as you walk into the room, he just walks up to you and wraps his arms around you. He holds you so tightly that you break down again in his arms.

You feel safe there and you let more tears fall.

You feel Matty's hand run up at down your back as you cry into his shoulder. Your arms are wrapped tightly around his neck and you're holding onto his hoodie tightly.

You find yourself craving the comfort that he was giving you.

After a minute or two, you let go of him and wipe your face with your sleeves. You just want to be able to hold it together.

"I'm sorry" You croak, and he pulls you back in for another hug.

"No, don't be sorry. Never be sorry" Matty whispers in your ear, before kissing the side of your head.

"No, I am... That's your song about your Nana and I'm crying at it. I should be comforting you, not the other way around" You ramble through your tears, not giving yourself a chance to breathe.

"Hey, it's okay... I'm okay, I promise... I'm here for you" He tells you, not letting go of you until you'd calmed down properly.

After a few more silent minutes in Matty's warm embrace, you hear him murmur a low, "You okay?" into your skin.

You nod your head into his neck. His scent calms you down immensely. You felt protected with his arms around you and you didn't want to go back to reality. But you knew you had to.

When you release him, you take a deep breath and say a soft, "thank you" to him.

Matty offers you a smile as you flatten out his hoodie that you'd crumpled in your fists. You smile back at him and wipe the dried-up tears off your face.

Before you both walked back out into the studio, you take one last shaky breath and head toward the door. You feel Matty's hand on your lower back, lingering as if to let you know that he was still there if you need him.

The other boys are still sat on the sofa but they're perching on the edge awaiting your return. They all look at you worriedly when they see you come out. They stand up and make their way over to you.

Adam kisses your cheek and gives you a hug, saying that he was always there for you if you needed him. It made the lump in your throat come back but you swallow it back down and thank him.

Ross gave you one of his magical hugs and you found yourself not wanting to let go. After a short while, Ross bargained with you that if you let go of him, you could play with his hair and you start giggling and agree.

You were still laughing when George gets you in one of his loving headlocks. You just about manage to twist yourself around and get a hug off him though.

As you press your cheek against his chest, you felt where your tears had wet his shirt. You let out a whine pulling away from him, saying, "Aw I'm sorry, I've ruined your shirt"

George just chuckles looking down at you, then he says in a semi-serious voice, "Well you'll just have to buy me a new one"

Your giggle fills the room then and you promise, "I'll get you a new one Georgie" as you reach up and run your fingers through his hair. You all chucke and then the room settled into a silence.

It stays like that for a few awkward moments until you say, "Erm, don't you all have an album to be perfecting"

You chuckle to yourself when they all disperse murmuring things like, "Yes" and, "Good point" 

The rest of the day passes quite fast. You immerse yourself into editing tour photos that you still loved but didn't make the cut for the 25 you sent to Jamie.

The boys had started dissipating, with Adam leaving first to pick something up or something. You were in your own little world, so you didn't really notice other than feeling him kiss the top of your head.

Ross did the same thing when he left, and you ran your fingers through his hair. The look he gave you made you giggle before you return to your work. George did the same thing, but he makes you give him a hug as well.

After that, the next time you look away from your laptop was when Matty got up and answered the door.

You notice the receptionist hand him a large bag that you couldn't make out very well until he brought it back over into the light. You noticed the large yellow M on the side and finally understood.

He sits down on the settee next to you and starts unpacking the food. He starts placing some food on the coffee table in front of you and when he stops, he passes what's left in the bag's to you.

"For you" Matty says with a smile as he starts eating his own chips.

You smile gratefully at him and take a peek inside the bag. He'd got you your usual meal along with a double cheese burger and a box of 20 chicken nuggets.

You both start eating and lightly chatting at what was happening on the TV that Matty had put on. You both end up sharing the chicken nuggets and when you were both full, you just sat watching the TV.

That was until Matty softly apologises to you again.

"I really am sorry about before Y/N" He says looking guilty.

"You really don't have to be sorry Matty. It just brought up a lot of memories" You say meeting his dark eyes.

You watch as Matty twiddles his fingers before telling you, "If you ever want to talk about anything you can, you know?"

You smile at him appreciatively and you can feel your eyes welling up again.

"I w..." You start but Matty interrupts you.

"You don't have to. I didn't mean to upset you again. Shit" He rambles, looking extremely guilty by the end of his sentence.

You chuckle to yourself and take ahold of his hand. This causes him to look back around at you and you say, "No, honestly it's fine... It just brings back the past and I guess I usually I like to from escape it"

You end up telling Matty about what had happened in the last 5 years of your life and you'd somehow managed to keep most of your tears at bay. You only let a few fall, which was good for you when you actually were upset.

Matty holds your hand tightly throughout your story and even draws comforting patterns on the back of your hand. When you finish telling him everything you look into his eyes and he looks back into yours.

"I hope they would be proud of me now. I think I've hit my prime... I love what I do and that's all they ever wanted for me" You tell him as a stray tear falls down your cheek.

Matty moves closer to you and wipes the tear away with his free hand. You find that you can't stop yourself from leaning into his touch.

"I know they would be extremely proud of you" Matty tells you sincerely.

"You're beautiful inside and out and you're an amazing photographer... And I think you make me look a hell of a lot better than I actually am" He chuckles with a smile and you let out a quiet laugh.

Matty loves hearing that sound again so he continues, "There's no way they wouldn't be proud of you. I know for a fact that they are because I am. And if a nobody like me is proud of you, can you just imagine the level of proud they are at for their daughter and granddaughter"

Your smile is a truly genuine one and Matty can tell straight away as he's studying your face as he wipes the tears from your cheeks.

"You smash everything you do Darling, and you keep us all in good check as you do it. You help us all out more than you know and you pick our moods up all the time" Matty continues, "If we're all honest, you're the reason why this album is going to be out on time because you're the one wanting the new music, forcing us to make it"

That has you laughing a little more through your tears that Matty is still wiping away. You did sort of force them to get back to work when they'd been chatting too long, your excuse being that you wanted the album faster because they wouldn't let you listen to all the completed songs.

"God, I've missed you Matty" You sigh truthfully, closing your eyes for a moment.

You really had missed the way you interacted around each other and even talking to him. You hadn't talked to him alone since he came to apologise.

"I really really am sorry about what I said, you know?" He says and you smile sadly at him.

"What you said... It hurt" You tell him truthfully. "I mean you've all become my new family I don't want to lose any more people so it really really hurt Matty when you flipped on me because I let you in... and I... I don't think I can lose anyone again..." You say, your voice breaking a little at the end.

Before you could even register, you were in his embrace once more.

Matty keeps saying, "Sorry" over and over again as you cling to each other.

You could hear the desperation in his voice as if he was pleading for you to understand. After a moment of silently hugging one another, you released a shaky breath.

"I just wanna go back to how we were, you know?" You whisper because you didn't want to cry anymore, and you could feel that your voice was going to crack.

"So do I" You hear him say, his hot breath fanning your neck.

Eventually when you both release each other from the hug, you end up watching TV again.

This time though you were lay like you used to. You lay in between his legs and your head was lay on his chest, and his arms around you holding you against him.

The long day had caught up with your tired eyes and you fall asleep on him about 15 minutes after you'd started watching the film with him.

The next day you wake up in the studios bed. The duvet was pulled over you and before opening your eyes you could tell that Matty had stayed with you like you'd asked because you could smell his aftershave on the pillow. 

You remembered him waking you up and telling you he was going to take you back home. But you looked at the clock as saw that it was almost 3am so you decided that you would just stay the night. In your haziness as Matty led you into the make shift bedroom you remember asking him to stay.

When woke up you went straight into the bathroom to freshen yourself up before the other boys arrived. Thankfully they had all the necessities you need to make yourself human again because of the all nighters they had pulled in the past.

You see that Matty's hoodie from yesterday had been discarded in there, so you quickly pull your top from yesterday off and put that on then. You fix your hair, tying it up out of your way, before heading back into the studio feeling somewhat refreshed. You'd actually slept a lot better than you had been doing at your flat, so you felt like you were ready to head into the day.

Matty was already sat at his computer messing about with one of the songs when he sees you come out. You smile at him and head over to your spot on the sofa and open your laptop.

"Hoodie looks good on you, where'd you get that?" Matty asks and you could hear the humour in his voice.

You hadn't heard this side of him in a long while so it was a bit shocking at first, but you quickly fell back into the swing of things. You put your other top into your rucksack and look up to meet his gaze.

"Found it on the floor you know, but it was too nice to just keep it there so it's mine now" You smirking at him over your laptop as you say that.

You gaze flicks back down to the screen loading up but your eyes fix onto his once more when he says, "Sexy, I like it"

You intently gaze at each other for a few seconds until George barges through the door startling you back into reality. Both Adam and Ross come in about 10 minutes later and George can't seem to help his excitement.

"Guys imma tell her now" George announces and within seconds they were all around gathering around you with big grins on their faces.

"What's going on...? You're scaring me" You ask, looking around them.

"You're going on holiday" George beams, but you were still just as confused but now a smile graced your lips.

"I never booked anything so I'm not" You tell them.

You assumed they had seen you googling places to go on your laptop when you occasionally took a break from editing. You'd been looking at beach holidays but everything that you wanted just wasn't worth it.

"You are... Because we booked you one" Ross chirps in and your eyes widen.

"What?" You ask in shock.

"Yeah we were going to tell you yesterday but obviously..." Adam trails off.

"I can't just go on holiday... We literally just came back I have to take pictures of you lot" You say, gesturing towards them.

"That's why we're coming with you" George elaborates, and you gasp.

"Really?" You ask with a big grin on your face.

Matty nods, then smirks, "Yeah, better get them skimpy bikinis out for me Y/N/N"

You let out a small laugh and then ask, "Where are we going?"

George then takes your laptop off your knee and type something into Google.

He then proceeds to show you a huge villa and you were sure that when you got there you would feel like you were on Love Island. There was a massive swimming pool and about 10 sun beds around it. A barbecue area and a hot tub. The rooms looked stunning and all had double beds that looked out onto an amazing view on the beach.

George tells you that you all had your own beach to avoid other people but were close enough to civilisation to go out and party if you wanted to. With each new piece of information that you were being told, you got more and more excited.

You felt like screaming.

"How much do I owe you all?" You ask.

"Nothing" Matty tells you.

"It's your birthday present" Adam smiles, and you opened your mouth to say something, but you were interrupted.

"We know your birthday's in November, but we wanted to go before everything got hectic again with Notes" George said.

"Oh, and Y/B/F is coming too" Ross chips in and your jaw felt like it had hit the ground.

"Guys..." You coo and then you proceed to give them all a big hug.

You found out that you were going in 3 weeks and you were staying in Croatia for 2 weeks before you and the boys needed to be home before the festivals, they were due to play. After finding out you immediately called your best friend and she was thrilled that they had finally told you. Apparently, they had been keeping it a secret for too long.

The weeks flew by and series of things happened before you found yourself in Croatia. Firstly, Notes on a Conditional Form drops, and your life was complete. They hadn't let you listen to it all and when you eventually heard it all you were shocked because you heard yourself in the backing of one of the tracks.

When George reminded you of how he'd gotten that audio for Playing On My Mind, you found that you remembered the day it happened.

It was one of the songs that they had actually let you listen to and you'd had it stuck in your head all day and kept singing it out loud. George had asked you to go into the recording booth and grab some papers or something else for him and you'd been singing it as you did. He'd recorded you and put you in the song.

Also, Adam had started teaching you how to play Love Me on guitar and you picked it up really quickly because of his previous lessons. He told you he was really proud of you and he melted your heart.

Whilst still learning new songs with Adam, you'd also taken up drum lessons with George.You were absolutely shit at it despite him constantly teaching you.

You both always ended up laughing at your lack of skill because after 2 weeks of constant practicing when you both had spare time you still couldn't do a 4 beat properly.

Ross had then insisted once you mastered the drums, he would teach you bass. You told him that you may be a long while with the drums, but you couldn't wait for his lessons. At least 4 times a day you changed your mind of who was your favourite depending how cute they all were throughout the day.

Matty had gone back to his old self and you were back to sending flirty comments back and forth with each other. Every other day Matty would send you the same message that read, For our holiday x that included a link to a different bikini each time.

Some of them were actually really nice and you'd ordered them for yourself along with practically a whole new summer wardrobe. You were extremely excited.

The boys had all been round to your flat for a drinking sesh to get better acquainted with your best friend. That was an odd day for you because you hadn't even planned it.

It was a Saturday evening and you'd just woken up from a nap. You'd made your way into the kitchen to get yourself some cereal, which you were craving, when you opened the curtains and noticed the amazing view of the sky above Manchester.

You took out your phone and quickly took a picture of it before the beauty of it disappeared. The orange and reds blended together perfectly and the way the light reflected off the other glass buildings surrounding you was beautiful.

In the picture you could see the outlines of 4 cranes that littered the city and the clouds were also looked beautifully soft and fluffy. It was a beautiful sight to see.

You uploaded it to Instagram within seconds of taking it using #nofilter as the caption.

About 30 seconds later you got a text from Matty asking, Are you stalking me? x

You furrow your eyebrows at the text and quickly reply, I'm in my flat, so I think your safe until Monday x

His reply was instant: Explain this then...

The text was followed by an almost identical picture of the one you had just taken. You were beyond confused because the 4 cranes in the picture were in the exact same position and the sky was just slightly darker than a minute ago.

Even the clouds were almost identical to how they were in your own picture, they had just moved along slightly. You decide to call him and get an explanation.

"Are you sure you're not stalking me?" You question as soon as you hear his hello.

"I'm literally sat in mine and George's flat staring at the view that you just posted on Instagram, you stalker!... Are you in my room?" Matty asks and you can hear his smirk.

You thought you'd play with him for a minute, "Yeah, I've been waiting for you all day Babe" You coo, before eating another spoonful of your cereal.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny but seriously though, where are you?" He asks.

"I swear to god I'm sat in my flat Matty... Where do you live?" You ask and he says the name of your building.

"Noooooo" You exclaim in disbelief.

You couldn't live in the same building but have never seen each other. You hear Matty asking 'What?' down the phone and you tell him that you also live in the same building. He says he doesn't believe you, so you tell him your flat number and what floor you're on. He then hangs up the phone without another word.

You quickly finish your cereal before there was a knock on your door. You change into Matty's oversized black hoodie that you stole the day after you spent the night at the studio and a pair of black jeans before the knock came.

You sneak a chocolate bar too because you didn't want him to come and eat all your treats without you having at least one.

When you whip the door open, you see Matty with gelled back hair in black jeans with one knee just cut out of them, paired with a plain white top. He looks pleased to see you and you open the door wider so he can come in.

"Hey" You smile as he looks around your flat as if taking in all the details that were different to his own.

He notices that you had a white kitchen to the right of the front door and the lounge was to the left, just like his was. It was all open plan like his and it was the exact same design. You had just both furnished it differently.

When you close the door, he turns to you and says, "Can't believe you're that much of a stalker that you got a flat in the same building as me and George"

"Oh fuck off" You half laugh. "I can't believe we've lived in the same building for months and never seen each other"

"Probably because we all leave the studio at different times" Matty suggests as he walks over to your turntable, which resides on a desk near your TV, and he  starts rooting through your vinyl collection.

"Yeah that and once I come get back here on Friday, I don't leave till Monday morning" You smile as you see him pulling out his self-titled album.

"You haven't listened to these since you moved, have you?" Matty asks looking at the picture in the middle of it as if it were a book. You smile and shake your head.

"No, I've been listening to Notes on my Spotify because you haven't released the vinyl yet" You tell him.

"Yeah I can tell" He says leaving it open on the desk before moving away towards your kitchen.

"Help yourself to anything in the fridge" You shout after him as you walk towards the vinyl ready to put it away.

That was until you see Matty's signature next to the picture of him.

'What?' You thought.

You were so confused, he couldn't have just done it because you'd watched him, and he definitely didn't write anything.

You pull the other albums out of your collection and open those as well to find his signature there too. He'd definitely not been in your new flat before now and the only other time he could have possibly been in contact with them was when all the boys had come back to your old flat the day you got the job.

That was when you remembered. You'd left Matty in your room because he wouldn't get out, he'd watched you put your vinyl away that Y/B/F had gotten out.

"You sneaky fucker" You shout, entirely amused, in his direction. You watch as he pours himself a Diet Coke with a smirk on his face.

You quickly put the vinyl away and walked over to him saying, "I can't believe you've defaced my favourite records"

Matty looks towards you with a big smile that you then match with your own. You can see the mischief in his eyes.

"I've made them better" He says, and you shake your head, leaning yourself back against the kitchen island.

"Nope... They were perfect as they were" You say, crossing your arms with a pout on your face. You knew he could tell you were joking but you stayed like that as he walked in front of you.

"Don't lie to yourself it's much better with more of me on it" He says coming closer to you, so his body is between yours and freedom.

You keep yourself collected as the gelled haired boy moves his body so he's almost pressed against yours. You can feel his hands rest on your hips and his fingers hook around your belt loops as you say, "I think I'd prefer more of George, if I'm honest" with a grin on your face.

His brown eyes seem to have got darker as he inches closer to you murmuring "Yeah, yeah, yeah" sarcastically.

You watch as his eyes flick down to your lips and you hold your breath. The next second though, he takes your breath away.

He pulls you by your belt loops, so you were plastered against his body and his lips take yours. It was a soft and gentle kiss, one that felt like it was a long time coming.

You felt like it was saying, 'I've miss you and I've missed this'. After a few seconds you pull away grinning up at him biting your lip.

He grins down at you, not moving to let you free though. It was as if he had you right where he wanted you.

Your grin gets bigger before you joke, "Yeah that was great, but I still want George to sign my vinyl"

"Oh fuck you" Matty laughs, and he let his hands fall from your hips and he moves back to grab his drink again.

You follow after him quickly though and grab his hand, pulling him back around to face you. You grab the side of his face gently and bring his lips back down to your own.

As his lips connect with yours, you feel him wrap his arms around your waist and pick you up, twirling you around. You giggle into the kiss and pull away when your feet touch the ground again. You get yourself out of his grip and went to pour yourself your own drink.

As you did so you ask Matty, "Why didn't George come down with you then?"

You watch as he swallows another mouthful of his drink before saying, "He went out to get drinks"

You sent a questioning look his way and Matty moves behind you, wrapping an arm around your waist, and he says into your ear, "Other guys are coming over for drinks with us"

Your jaw drops in shock, faking being hurt by the news. You made no attempt to get out go his grip though.

"Where was my invite?" You joke and Matty tells you that you weren't invited.

"You know you want me there" You joke taking a swig of your drink.

"You and Y/B/F are very welcome to join us" Matty grins, kissing your temple, before continuing to say, "I don't wanna leave here now though"

"Tell them they can come here if they want? I mean they can all sign my records whilst they're here" You laugh and he sends you a death stare.

Matty ends up texting George telling him to come to your floor and flat number instead and to bring a bottle of vodka as well. They all end up turning up at once outside your flat and Matty continues to make stalker jokes and they all end up joining in.

Half an hour after you have make them all sign your vinyl, Y/B/F walks into the flat and you all go silent. You can hear her Beats headphones blaring out The City and she's softly singing along.

You all watch trying to contain your laughter as she opens the fridge and pours herself a drink. The next thing she does is yell, "Y/N why the fuck have you used up all the Diet Coke? You bitch" and the boys start losing their strength.

Then as the fridge door shuts, she stops dead when she sees them all and very nearly drops her glass. She looks like she'd seen a ghost.

You all burst out laughing and you have to cling to Matty to try and keep yourself on the settee. You're laughing so hard you think you might fall off.

Once she settles and Ross has poured her some vodka into her coke, you all drink the night away. When you were all marginally drunk the night seemed to get embarrassing for you.

Y/B/F keeps on asking them all sorts of questions which were mostly about their music videos. When she asks about Love Me, she keeps on making eye contact with you and you shoot her evils.

She knows how much you love that video and it probably didn't help that you were sat next to Matty and his arm was around your shoulder.

You had 3 sofas in your flat that all congregated around your TV and coffee table. George and Adam were sat on a sofa as well and Ross and Y/B/F were sat on the other one opposite you and Matty. The TV was on in the background with no sound on, it was just illuminating the room for you all.

"Is it awkward Matty? To mess about with all them girls on camera?" She asks with a grin on her face, but she was looking at you.

You bite you tongue and shake your head at her. You widen your eyes and discretely nod towards Ross as you half listen to Matty's reply. You trying to warn her off, because if she outs you again, you will out her.

About an hour later, your all having your own little conversations. Matty was telling you something about your holiday but you piped into George and Adams conversation that you overheard.

Matty pokes you in your side making you jump back around to look at him. "Pay attention to me" He says brushing the hair that had fell on his forehead backwards.

Needless to say, the gel wasn't working very well, and it was mostly going in different directions than he intended.

"No" You grin at him, taking another drink.

You giggle when he sticks his tongue out at you and goes crosseyed for a moment.

After swallowing your mouthful of vodka, you say rather loudly, "Put that tongue away Healy"

You laugh as you put your hand over his mouth but then pull a face of disgust at him when he licks your hand. You quickly wipe your hand down the white top he's wearing and you both grin at each others childishness.

"Don't listen to her Matty" Y/B/F says grabbing both yours and Matty's attention.

You look over to her and you can tell she's getting rather drunk. She continues on to say, "She loves that tongue of yours" and your face drops.

"Okay, I think you've had enough to drink" You say, leaning across the coffee table that divided you and reach out for her drink.

She got to it first though and sends a big grin your way. You didn't even want to hear what she was about to say.

"You know in that video you did..." She asks around the room and they were all waiting for her to continue.

"We've done a few Y/B/F, you're gunna have to be more specific" Ross grins at her.

"You know, the one where you're all in the hot tub" She says, and you know what's about to happen.

"For fucks sake" You murmur before taking another mouthful of your drink. Matty seems to hear this because he pulls you into him, but you just want to escape.

They all murmur in agreement obviously knowing that it was the Love Me video and she continues to say, "Well yeah, the bit near the end when you lick that girls leg..." She pauses to take another sip of her drink before continuing to say "Y/N practically orgasmed over it when she first saw it"

They all start laughing around you and you sit up properly and put your head in your hands attempting to hide. You can feel Matty's hand rub your back teasingly as you hear his loud laugh.

You stand up quickly to get out of his grip and announce, "I'm going to bed"

You grab your empty glass off the coffee table and attempt to move towards the kitchen to get yourself another drink. Before you could even take a step though, Matty also stands up and embraces you in a hug from behind.

"Oooo if you're going to bed, I'll join you" He says for everyone to hear and you scoff elbowing him in his side so you could make your escape. You heard him grunt slightly as you got yourself out of his grip.

You look back at him and say, "Fuck off, I had the same reaction when that girl went and sat on Georges lap and he carried on playing the drums"

"Yeah baby" George says with a big grin and you high fives him on your way to the kitchen.

Matty followed you and you pour the both of you another drink.

As you did so, you're pulled into Matty's chest and you feel his arms around your waist. You feel his hot breath on the back of your neck as he speaks in a husky voice, "You sure you don't want me to make your fantasies come true?"

You lean back into him as you feel his lips graze your neck but then you turn to look at him.

"I don't have a balaclava so you can't" You wink at him, referring to that kiss in the Robbers video before returning to your seat on the sofa.

You hear George turn around and say a "Eyyyy" as you came back over. You high fived him again on the way past and laugh when you see the grumpy look on Matty's face as he sits himself back down next to you.

He rests his arm on the side of your sofa and you don't hesitate to put your feet up on the rest of the sofa and lean into him.

You look towards your best friend who seems to be in her own little world and Ross was the centre of it. You think that you need to even out the playing field and embarrass her a little.

"Remember when we used to play fuck, marry, kill and fight?" You ask Y/B/F, and you watch her face drop.

You smile teasingly, taking a sip on your drink. You can feel the vodka burn as it travels down your throat but you carry on drinking anyway.

"And fight?... What the fuck are you on about?" George scoffs and you look at him. The grin still evident on your face.

"Well, we had to add another one because there's four of you" You tell them and suddenly all the boys seem to be very interested in the conversation.

"Y/N/N you have to tell us yours now" George practically begs, he even put his hands together as if he was praying for you to tell him.

You'd brought it up so you didn't even hesitate to answer. "Marry Adam, fuck Matty, fight George and ki..." You say but get interrupted by George.

"Wait, you married Adam over me!" George yells in fake fury at you and you see Adam smiling sheepishly at you and your heart warms.

"Well yeah because Adam is, and always will be, the absolute cutest of you" You tell him honestly and send Adam a big smile.

He stretches his arms open to you and you move from your sofa to theirs to sit there and hug him. You stay like that for a moment before pulling away and saying, "Hey hubby" and he laughs at you.

"Nah wait a minute... Why'd you kill me?" Ross asks when you move back over to sit beside Matty again and you grin.

"Bold of you to assume I was allowed you" You say, flicking your eyes between your best friend and the boy she oh so obviously fancies.

She looked around the boys and shrugged her shoulders.

"She never let me have you" She whines pointing at Matty,

You immediately defend yourself, "Thats a lie, I let you shag him the odd time you were married to Ross" All the boys then laugh at that and you lean back into the sofa.

You feel Matty's arm go over the back of the sofa and you end up leaning into his side again. You'd hide into him all night if you could

"Would you change your mind on any of them Y/N?" George asks after a minute.

You let out a laugh, "George get over it, I would still marry Adam" and the room laughs again except for George who sends dirty look your way.

"I'd beat you in a fight Y/N/N" George reiterates, and you close your eyes and lean your head on Matty's shoulder, showing your disinterest. "Sure you would big boy"

After a moment the conversations go back to normal but then you remember something that would make you even with her for revealing the Love Me video secret.

"Oh Ross, before I forget" You say opening your eyes again, but keeping your head stationary. You see Ross take his eyes off your best friend to look at you and notice that the others are waiting for what you're going to say as well.

"She used to have a fan account dedicated to you" You say with a grin on your face.

You watch as Ross starts laughing and so do the other boys. You feel Matty's chuckle vibrating through him against your cheek and you close your eyes again.

The night seemed to move on quickly with Matty almost soothing you into a tranquil state as you rest against him. You'd end up getting yourself and Matty another drink and when you come back Matty way lay down on you sofa and when you tried to make him move he didn't.

You end up in the same position you found yourself in at the studio, lay in-between his legs with your back resting against his chest.

You occasionally sit up to take sips of your drink whilst listening to everyone else's conversations. You occasionally chirp in if anything came to mind but other than that you were happy just silently taking in your little family dynamic.

You notice that Ross seems to be very interested in your best friend and you wonder if Matty had take notice of it as well. You try to move yourself up slightly so you could ask him but that was proving to be difficult. You craned your neck up and gesture for him to come down to your level so you could whisper in his ear.

He didn't seem to get close enough to you, so you reached around his neck with your free hand and pull him closer. Matty could feel your hot breath against his ear as you quietly ask, "Is it just me or is Ross very friendly with Y/B/F?"

You release your grip on him and your eyes meet. You watch his eyes flick to Ross for a brief moment before flicking back to you.

A grin forms on Matty's features and you both shared a knowing look with your eyebrows raised. You both would be keeping a close eye on that.

You turn your head back to the rest of the group and try to listen in on what George and Adam were talking about. A second later though you feel Matty's lips brushing against your ear again as he whispers, "Our holiday should get very interesting"

You nod your head in return and turning your attention to them. They were chatting away, now sat closer to each other with huge smiles on their faces.

Your heart warms at the thought of them together. Ross deserves every happiness in the world and God knows your best friend does too.

"Absolute goals" You murmur before sitting up to take another sip of your drink.

Afterwards you lean back onto Matty's chest and you close your eyes. You were still half-awake listening to everyones conversations and if you heard anyone ask if you were asleep, you would raise your drink in the air and say, "I'm just resting my eyes"

Eventually the night drew to a close when George sees that the time is 3am. You whine when George says, "Come on lads" because you were extremely comfortable. You like having Matty's arms around you and being drunk gave you an excuse to stay there.

When Matty starts to move you huff and sit up. Your head was hazy, and you were very sleepy.

"Thanks for coming round boys, I love you guys" You say after embracing each one of them in a hug.

"I don't wanna sleep on your uncomfortable sofa George" Adam says in a huff as they all head to the door.

George quickly says, "Well Ross can share Y/B/F's bed and Matty can share Y/N's and you can have Matty's bed all to yourself Hann"

"Sounds like a plan" Adam laughs. 

Your hazy, half-asleep mind just openly agrees to it without thinking, "Yeah sure"

It was only when Y/B/F slaps your arm sending you a dirty look which causes you to look up to the rest of the boys. They all had grins on their faces and Matty was raising his eyebrows at you suggestively.

You backtrack and sarcastically correct yourself, "I mean... Ew no. Get out. Ew. Boys. Ew"

They all laugh, and you went to open your door for them. You ruffle Ross' hair on his way out and send him a knowing look. You see his cheeks tint red as you move on to give Adam a hug before he leaves.

George picks you up and twirls you around like he usually does, but you realise a groan as your stomach starts to feel disgusting. Once they left you definitely needed food.

You watch him turn left and walk down the corridor to meet the others by the lift and you turn back around to Matty.

You notice that your best friend was sat back on the sofa, facing away from you as she had already said goodbye to them all. You hugged Matty again and you were once again intoxicated by his cologne.

The hug probably lasted a second longer than it should have, and he quietly said to you, "Are you sure you don't want me in your bed?"

You bite your lip and shake your head at him. You could smell the alcohol that had intoxicated him as you lean in and peck his lips.

"Tempting but no" You smile before ruffling his gelled hair, so it was a complete mess.

"I hate you" He says before moving away from you slightly.

You laugh, "No you don't"

"True" Matty grins before pulling you into another kiss. 

It was a sweet, teasing one. One that told you that he wanted to stay just as much as you wanted him to.

But if anything was going to happen between you, you wanted it to happen slowly. Something which you doubted would happen if he stayed tonight.

You're both smiling like idiots when you pull away, so much so that its just as teasing when you're looking at each other afterwards. You playfully push him out of your door and you look to your left and wave them off.

You half shout after them before they got in the lift, "You're welcome anytime... Except for you Matty"

As they got in the lift you hear them chuckle and you laugh when you see Matty raise his middle finger at you. A grin still on his lips though so he knew you were joking.

When you go back inside you route in your kitchen for something to eat but soon realise you didn't have anything.

"Do you fancy a Maccies?" You ask Y/B/F.

"I ordered the McDonalds as soon as George announced they were leaving. Should be here in 5 minutes" She tells you and you go over to her and give her a big hug.

You speak to her about Ross until your food arrives and you love the happiness that was radiating from her. She was crushing on him like a schoolgirl finding her first love.

When your food comes interrupts you, Y/B/F decides she's going to eat hers in her room and inevitably fall asleep eating it. You decide to do the same and wish her goodnight and retire to your bedroom before promising you'd buy the McDonalds in the morning.

As you got in bed your drunken mind started to betray you. You send a text to Matty: Mattttttttyyyyyyyy

You didn't even have a chance to lock your phone before his reply came though: Y/NNNNNN

You smile whilst eating you chips and quickly reply: You know what I really really really want right now? Xxx

Your drunk mind thought you were being funny, but you had no doubt that sober you would hate yourself in the morning.

Matty replies saying: I have a few guesses 👀xx You start laughing because of how offended he was going to be.

Nah I want this xxx

You also send with a picture of your McDonalds that lay on your lap.

His text back was a picture of him with a moody face, you can also see that his hair was wet and curly again and his top wasn't on. You start giggling at it before taking a selfie of you eating a chip and grinning.

He sends one back a minute later of him sticking his tongue out at you and you reply with a cute picture of you sticking your tongue out. After that you focus on eating your McDonalds and end up falling asleep after you consume all of it.

The next day you wake up at noon, and you immediately look back through your messages as they were the first thing that appeared on your phone as you unlocked it. You notice that after you'd fell asleep, Matty had sent you a cute goodnight message which was adorable but the pictures above it were embarrassing.

You cringe internally as you read through your messages and quickly send him a text asking if him and the boys wanted anything from McDonalds.

After 5 minutes you didn't hear anything, so you decide to ring George instead. After a few rings he picks up and you hear the sound of laughter before his voice greets your ears, "Hello best friend"

"Hey Georgie, do you and the boys want anything from McDonalds?" You question.

You hear him groan in pleasure causing your eyes to widen and to look at your phone in disbelief. "I've never loved you more in my life than I do right now"

"Yeah sounded like it, keep it in your pants George" You joke and eventually, after a lot of shouting from down the phone, you get their order.

He instructed you and Y/B/F to come up to their flat to eat it there and you tell him you'll be up be up in 5 minutes.

You end up ordering a total of 60 chicken nuggets, 3 Big Macs and 6 large chips, 4 double cheese burgers and some mozzarella dippers for you all as well. You order it to be delivered up to their flat so you wouldn't have to be waiting around in your flat only to take it up to them.

After getting washed and dressed, you go and jump on your best friend in her room and tell her to get up. You tell her the food has been ordered and she still didn't move.

However, when you mention that you were both eating with the boys upstairs in George and Matty flat, she jumps up immediately and you start to laugh. You leave her to get ready and you make your way up yourself to theirs after telling her where to go.

You were dressed in your oversized Queen top with your black leggings and black vans. You didn't feel the need to put any make up on or anything because they had all seen you looking like more of a slob than you currently were.

When you arrive at their door you knocked loudly, hearing cheers from the other side of the door. It was then quickly opened by George whose bright smile drops off his face when he realises it was just you.

That was then followed by all of them groaning looking at you.

"Oh gee thanks, I'll just go back downstairs instead" You say with a frown on your face as you entered their flat.

You notice the subtle difference in the way they had decorated the place. There were lots of instruments around and all their furniture was black instead of the grey you had chosen to go for.

Their kitchen was the same as yours and the layout was exactly the same, except they had two larger sofas whereas you had three. It felt like a home away from home and you were pleasantly surprised it was tidy.

"Shut up, we just thought you were the food" George says playfully pushing you towards the sofas. You notice that there is space in the middle of Ross and Adam, so you decide to take residence there.

You grin at Adam as you sit down and say a playful, "Hey hubby" and he laughs, and he gives you a side hug that you lean into. You stay in that position with your arms around him and leaning your head against him.

As George takes his seat on the opposite sofa, next to Matty, he asks "Where's Y/B/F?"

"She's getting ready" You tell them. "Meaning she'll be up in like half an hour" You tell them releasing Adam from your grip.

"Half an hour?" Adam asks and you nod.

"Yeah you won't see her for the first hour when we wake up on holiday... Well Ross might" You riskily say, biting your tongue grinning waiting for his reaction.

It comes immediately with him playfully shoving you into Adam's side and you can't help but giggle.

You see the others laughing as well and you brightly smile towards Matty as your eyes connect. You didn't even notice as you walked in that they all had their shirts off until now.

"You're all going to need to cover up before she gets here because she will lose it" You tell them.

Matty follows up by asking "What's she gunna to do on holiday?"

Before you could answer George chips in and says, "Ross" and you burst out laughing and Ross throws a cushion at him.

You are sat gasping for breath from laughing too hard to the point where tears are streaming down your face. The boys are laughing along with you but at this point you think they are laughing at your reaction to the joke.

You eventually settle down when your phone starts ringing and you quickly answer it.

"Hey" You say seeing that it was your best friend.

"Y/N, what should I wear?" You hear her ask in a panicky voice and you roll your eyes.

"Are you joking?" You ask and she tells you she's not. You can practically feel her getting more flustered as she looks through her clothes.

"Y/B/F, I don't think they are going to care how your dressed. I'm in leggings and an old baggy top, just hurry up" You tell her, and she whines and tells you she has to look nice.

You half laugh and say, "They really don't care, they have seen me in next to nothing and didn't bat an eyelid" You tell her but then the boys start to wolf whistle around you, and you tell them all to, "Shut the fuck up"

You then hear someone knock on the door and watch as George races up to get the food. You smile seeing his excitement and say down the phone, "Right foods here, dress comfy, hurry up"

She arrives a few minutes later thankfully, but she's all glammed up. Her make-up was pristine, and she looks like a model. You silently envy her for it.

You thankfully got all the boys to put shirts on except for Matty because he was being stubborn, but she didn't seem to care about that.

They had a big TV on the wall that was currently on the music channel and you were all watching the music videos and listening to the music whilst you ate. You and Ross were in the middle of a conversation when you hear Y/B/F screech from the other sofa in the middle of Matty and George.

She looks at you with wide eyes and then points at the TV where you see the Love Me video comes on.

You couldn't stop yourself when you loudly say, "You've gotta be fucking joking?" Ross just laughs next to you.

You nudged Adam and say a quiet, "I can almost play that" as if it wasn't their own song. Adam chuckles and you all continue to watch the video.

About half way though when it shows them all in the hot tub you glance over to your best friend and she's done the same to you. You both let out a small laugh and then both proceed to cover your mouths with your hands.

You could tell you were both thinking about the time where you both paused the screen on it the first time you watched it trying to get the best look at your celebrity crushes with no tops on. God, you really were psychos.

Before your eyes find the TV again, they instead catch Matty's and he grins at you. Your cheeks were getting hot and you make yourself just focus on the song and nothing else because you didn't want to get caught out again.

You press you lips together just before you see Matty lick up the side of the girl's leg, trying to conceal your smile. However, as it happens George says, "Oh, there you go Y/N/N"

You can't help but laugh. You don't hesitate to throw a chip at him as well, all while telling him to, "Shut up"

Matty was already smirking at you when you catch his eye again. He'd sending you suggestive looks and you roll your eyes and shake your head. The smile never leaving your lips.

Your watch as you best friend looks towards Ross and asks the room, "Is that not weird seeing yourselves on TV?" And you happily listen to their conversations as you carry on eating.

After a while, you end up switching seats with your friend and you were now next to Matty and George. You're absentmindedly watching Ross and your best friend interact with each other and your eyes go wide when he offers her his phone.

You slap your hand against Matty's thigh to get his attention. He looks around at you immediately, seeing that you're were failing to hold back a grin as you look across the room.

He follows your gaze and sees Y/B/F, almost definitely, typing her number into Ross' phone. When she handed it him back, they look each other in the eye and chuckle slightly.

Matty watches as you turn to look at him, your jaw practically on the ground. Your eyes are wide, and you send him a knowing look which he returns.

You see that Matty looks almost as excited as you felt, and you can't stop yourself from softly squealing as you lean against him.

You hear him chuckle as you did so and you watch as he intertwines his fingers with yours. You really couldn't wait for your holiday now.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.4K 330 65
" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒, 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐄𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐋 " 𝐄𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐋 - ↳ 𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗮 𝘃𝗲𝗿�...
251K 3.2K 42
both endlessly denying what's wrong to make each other right. **contains smut, some violence and swearing, drug use (lower case intended)
175K 3.2K 54
"Please don't go." "I'm sorry." "I hate you." "Can we go somewhere?" "I forgive you." "Do you actually love me?" "I don't want to be here anymore." ...
71.2K 1.2K 119
when you're 17 and not looking for love you find it in the most unexpected places at least that's the case for grace. meeting a stranger at 3am with...