The Release

By imavoidingmyhomework

"You know I like it when you say my last name, but I love it when you scream my first." Bethany Freeman and h... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51

Chapter 9

29.8K 474 354
By imavoidingmyhomework

Chapter 9

I put my clothes on with my back to Wayne. I don't know if this was a bad idea or not. It wasn't even an idea, really just an impulse decision.

I hadn't been touched by someone like that. Never properly. Never as far as we have gone.

I know my inexperience showed. In the moment, I didn't even know what I wanted Wayne to do. My mind was blurry, and I let him take the lead. I was not disappointed.

"Wayne, where are my jeans?" I asked, not making eye contact.

"In the hallway," he said. "Sorry, I couldn't wait."

I bent over and slid them on. When I turned around, I ran into Wayne's bare chest. I didn't move away; I like being this close to him. I swallowed and he lifted my chin.

"Are you okay?" He examined my distant appearance. I gave him a small smile and nodded. Wayne looked like he actually cared.

"Where's your bathroom?" I'm kind of embarrassed saying this. He didn't seem to mind and pointed to a door in his room that I thought was a closet.

There's this tip that your supposed to pee after sex. I never thought I would need it anytime soon. Yet, here we are.

I washed my hands and stared at myself in the mirror. I mostly looked at the redness where Wayne took his sweet time kissing all over my body. My neck and stomach were sprinkled with pink spots. I pressed my lips together and smiled.

I quickly pulled on my shoes and Wayne sat on the bed next to me, dressed and ready.

"Beth, you can take your time, I have nowhere to be."

"I do, though," I added. "I have to be home by curfew." I don't even know if Mom is home right now, and I need to get back before these hickeys darken.

I stood up and looked down at Wayne. He just smiled up at me and didn't move. I tapped my foot and tried to show my impatience.

"Do you want me to walk or-"

"Oh, you want a ride?" Wayne asked sarcastically. "You should have just said so. Use your words next time."

I hate that when he stands, he towers over me. Wayne is about 9 inches taller than my five foot three ass. He walked out of his room and picked his keys up off the floor.

I followed him outside to his Toyota Camry. Wayne slammed me up against it and gave me my first hickey inside. I smirked at the not-so-distant memories.

Wayne drove past my house. I didn't ask him why, but when he exited the neighborhood, I was a little sceptical.

"I forgot, I need to pick something up."

"Anderson, what is open at," I check the time, "10:50 at night?"

He didn't answer me, just kept his eyes forward.

I can't believe we did what we did. I want to tell someone, but I don't know who I would. Anna already knows someone kissed me, but she doesn't know who. Ruby and Dominique are dealing with their feelings with each other, probably, and I don't want to pile this on them. I definitely couldn't tell Rogue, he is a little protective of me. I could tell Harley, she is no snitch.

I think it's best to keep my mouth shut.

Wayne pulled into a gas station. One of the gas pumps was cut jaggedly in half and the handle part missing. Is he gonna kill me here?

He parked and got out without an explanation. I stood awkwardly, standing by the car door and scanned if anyone was behind me. I felt a hand slip into mine and I flinched.

"It's alright," Wayne assured me. "I will protect you."

I sensed a hint of sarcasm in his voice, but I still blushed. He opened the door for me and walked with me to the back wall. There wasn't anyone in the store except the clerk. Wayne looked down to a freezer full of desserts.

"You brought me here for ice cream?" He can't be serious.

"Of course I did," Wayne smiled at me. "What do you want?"

Free ice cream is free ice cream. I looked at the range of choices. Did I want something fruity or chocolate? Why is he buying me ice cream in the middle of the night?

Wayne pulled out Dibs and I grabbed a Drumstick. He still held my hand. I liked it in mine. I felt safe.

We walked to the front counter and set our treats on it. The bell on the door rang and, out of the corner of my eye, a man with muddy shoes staggered in. The sleepy worker scanned our items slowly.

I tilted my head up at Wayne. "Thank you."

He gave me a wide grin. "You're welcome, but you are buying the next one." He teased. Next one? My cheeks flushed a baby pink.

Wayne's eyes shifted to the right, subtly looking behind us. His smile disappeared.

I tried to turn my head, but he grabbed my waist and pulled me in front of him. My back against his chest.

"4.96," the clerk murmured. Wayne pulled his wallet out of his front pocket and put a five dollar bill on the counter. Without taking his change, he grabbed our stuff and practically ran out of the store with me at his hip.

Why is he acting like this?

Wayne walked me to the passenger seat and cupped my face. He whispered, "Lock your door as soon as you get in, okay?"

I furrowed my brows a little and nodded. What's wrong? I want to ask him.

I did as he said. Wayne walked to his side with his head held high. The man with the muddy shoes stumbled out of the gas station and looked directly at me. I shuttered at his eyes, they were a piercing green.

He shifted his attention over to Wayne. Wayne scratched the side of face, revealing a gun. Why does Wayne have a gun? The dirty guy held his hands up, surrendering. I couldn't take my eyes off of this random man. Wayne got in the car and locked it.

"Don't look at him, look at me." He turned my head to him.

Wayne stashed his weapon and sped off. My eyes didn't leave him. What just happened? Did he know him? Why did he have a gun? Was he going to use it?

"Are you okay?" Wayne asked me, concerned.

"W-What just happened?" I stammered, playing with my hands.

He exhaled deeply. "That guy was looking at you. He was drunk." Wayne gripped the steering wheel so hard it sent shivers down my spine.

"Do you know him, or-"

"No," he raced his voice, "but it looked like he wanted to get to know you."

I gulped and bit the side of my cheek. Why do men look at me like this? I should have worn a longer shirt or something. I rub my arms and stare out the window.

"I'm sorry." I don't know why I'm apologizing, but he probably has a reason why I should.

"Don't apologize," Wayne comforted. I began to tap my leg and he rested his hand on it. I looked down at his fingers as they made small circles on it. I could have melted under his touch. It was so relaxed and natural.

We stopped at a light. Wayne grabbed my Drumstick.

"I don't know why you eat these things." I took it from him and shook my head. I removed the wrapper and licked the top. Wayne watched every bit of it.

"It looks like you enjoy watching me eat it," I smiled. He shifted in his seat.

"It's good that I know you like that. It could be helpful next time," I hinted.

"Next time?" Wayne asked. Realization hit him and he whispered, "Fuck."

"Wayne?"

"Yeah?"

"Green light."

He swallowed and turned into our neighborhood. I kept my laughter inside and looked at the old fashioned street lights.

I didn't think this was how tonight would go. I thought Wayne would just say that he made a mistake kissing me and he would never do it again. I did not expect us to have sex, make plans to do it in the future, and then get ice cream.

"Wayne," I pointed a finger at a house before mine, "you should stop here. If Simon sees me getting out of your car-"

"Then, he would assume the worst," he finished my sentence and pulled over. "Which is actually the truth."

We just stared at each other for a moment. Whispers of secret smiles on our lips. We both know we shouldn't have done what we did. And I think we both want to do it again.

"Are you free next weekend?" Wayne asked with his sexy smirk. My eyes flickered down to his pink, slightly bruised lips. Mine must look the same.

"Yes," I replied without thinking. If I really had something going on, it wouldn't be as important. His smile grew wider. I took another lick of my Drumstick and reached for the door handle.

"I have a question," I announced and I shifted my body towards Wayne. He raised an eyebrow. "Are the marks visible?"

Wayne leaned forward and scanned my body. He reached out and brushed my hair over my shoulder. His thumb circled a single spot.

"Keep your hair down and in the front," he instructed. I moved my blonde hair back to cover the hickey. The first ones lasted about four days, but I bought a colored concealer with Anna last week so I could hide it.

I groaned. "What is it with you and collarbones?"

"You're the one who likes it when I kiss you there," Wayne snickered. I rolled my eyes. "But if you want me to stop-"

"I have to go," I cut him off. I closed the car door to get away from his smug laughter.

I shook my head and bit into the cone of my dessert. While walking to my door, I made Wayne a contact on my phone. I have it as the unknown number that called me in the middle of the night to tell me my brother was drunk out of his mind. But now it's just Wayne.

I took off my shoes with my feet, making sure to not drop my ice cream cone. I held them against my body as I turned the doorknob gently to the right. I set down my shoes and locked the door behind me. Most of the lights in my house were off. Simon must have fallen asleep on the couch. I walked to the kitchen without making a sound.

"Good, you're home."

I flinched at my mother's voice. She stood in her pajamas and a messy bun next to Simon. Simon covered his mouth with his hand. What did he tell her?

"Hey, Mom. Hey, Simon," I said nonchalantly. I scratched the back of my neck and slapped a fake smile on my face. I threw away my melting ice cream cone.

"Curfew was thirty minutes ago," Mom deadpanned. "Where were you?"

Shit, I should have thought this through. Mom wasn't supposed to be home until tomorrow.

"I-"

"Go easy on her," Simon interrupted. I shifted my attention to him. "She was on a date."

"Simon!" I yelled. This snitch!

"Who was it?" Mom questioned, suddenly completely interested.

"It doesn't matter-"

"Rogue."

"Simon!" I shouted and my eyes widened. "What the hell did I ever do to you?"

Except sleep with your best friend, I thought.

"It's okay, Bethany," my mom surprised me. "I know he's a good kid."

"I'm gonna go to bed now." I nodded rapidly and backed up into the hallway, eager to get out of this conversation.

"I'll cut you a break this time, but not the next!" Mom called back to me. I closed my door to shut her up.

I shook my head and went to my dresser. I slipped out of my jeans and put on a pair of loose shorts. I didn't have the power to do anything else, so I just layed in my bed.

Why am I doing this? This is Simon's best friend. He can never find out.

Wayne isn't the only person out there. But he is someone who doesn't hate my body, and he wants to protect it. He also makes me feel really good. Wayne is good at what he does. And, with him, I didn't think about anything else. It's like he is a distraction. I don't want to use Wayne, but it doesn't really matter. There is nothing else to this but sex, right?

The only bad thing that could happen is someone finding out. Simon could find out or someone could tell him.

We can keep doing it, we just need to be careful.

Please Vote and Comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 4.3K 28
[COMPLETED] Willow Anderson's life was planned out-- she had a loving boyfriend, a rich family, excellent grades...she was perfectly satisfied with h...
445K 10.4K 36
**WATTPAD HQ EDITOR'S PICK Nov/Dec 2021** BOOK ONE in the STEAMY FORBIDDEN ROMANCE series Coralie Watson, a British thirty-year-old living in San Fr...
36.9K 4.2K 41
[Teen and New Adult Romance] "Life as a trailer trash kid is nothing short of shitty, especially when the love of my life pretends that I don't exist...
4.3M 114K 56
| Complete | REWRITING + ROUGH DRAFT | Riley Greene was all set for her summer vacation with her college boyfriend, Kevin. With her bags packed and p...