The Lifeguard (SAMPLE) NOW ON...

By JeniRaeD

While lifeguarding in Malibu one summer, I met a stunningly beautiful woman named Shiloh that was vacationing... More

A/N
1- Chaz (EDITED)
2- Chaz (EDITED)
3- Shiloh (EDITED)
4- Chaz (EDITED)
Author Note

Prologue (EDITED)

5.4K 350 270
By JeniRaeD

~Surfing 101~

As a beginner...

1. Don't learn to surf by yourself.
2. Find an excellent teacher.
3. Find a beginner-friendly surf spot.
4. Always warm up before going into the water.
5. Before going into the water to surf, go through all the moves you plan on doing in the water. Also, check your surfing equipment.
6. Observe the water. Study the waves, and see how and where they break. Also, watch the other surfers and see what they do.
7. Beginners; always use a more oversized surfboard. Soft-top surfboards are also better for beginners.
8. Always use a surf leash.
9. Don't be afraid. Before getting in the water, take some deep breaths, meditate if needed, and center yourself.
10. Once you're in the water. Pace yourself.
11. Start small. Start with the small waves until you feel comfortable hitting the larger waves.
12. Don't surf with the big guys until you've mastered surfing, which means staying away from experienced surfers. You don't want to get in their way or cause trouble.
13. Also, once you get in the water, practice sitting; sitting on a surfboard while in the water isn't the easiest. You can sit on the surfboard with your feet out of the water. Or you can dangle your feet in the water, which offers much more stability. However, you're also a bit more open to the ocean wildlife.
14. Master the probe positionlying on your stomach and paddling.
15. Practice your pop-up. It's like doing push-ups.
16. Keep moving your feet. If you keep moving them, the chances of being stung, bit, or something else happening along those lines lessen.
17. Work on your paddling technique.
18. Learn how to avoid nosediving.
19. Get used to falling.
20. Learn how to wipe out. Which wiping out happens a lot.
21. Don't bend your back. When you're on a wave, bending your knees and not your back is important.
22. Stay perpendicular to the whitewater.
23. Listen to your body. If you're tired, bored, or just not into surfing, always stop, head to shore, and relax. The last thing you want to do is hurt yourself.
24. Lastly. Have fun!

One last note, and it's like how the old saying goes. The best surfers out there are the ones having fun.

***

Don't be a dumbass... our instructor adamantly instructed as he looked at my friends and me with harrowing eyes that said, you better listen, or you won't see another day of light if something terrible happens while surfing.

"Lots of information on your first day. I know. But it's imperative that you listen to everything I have to say regarding your safety while surfing. It'll not only save you a trip to the E. R. but to the mortuary as well."

On top of our instructor telling us not to be a dumbass, our overly sexy, beach blonde surfing instructor adamantly drilled into our minds to be safe and smart. And after he finished telling us the dangers of surfing, he stressed that we have fun while surfing. My ears and eyes drifted away from him to the surfing handbook he handed us.

Surfing was definitely something I never thought I'd ever see myself doing, and as I scanned through the do's and don'ts of surfing, I was beginning to feel a little overwhelmed. It was a lot of information to learn, and to learn how to surf in thirty days was causing my anxiety levels to run high. We were told you could learn to surf in a couple of hours, but since my friends and I are a bit airheads and are known to be klutzy, we decided it would be best for us to take a month-long surfing course before we headed out to the beautiful City of Malibu for the summer.

"First things first. It would help if you learned the different types of waves," the surfing instructor said, and it sounded as if he was much closer to me than he was seconds ago. Feeling his presence before me, I lifted my head from the handbook I had heavily immersed myself in, and my lips instantly pursed when I saw him standing right in front of me, looking irritated.

Gulp...

I smiled innocently at him.

I suddenly felt like I was back in college, and I just got busted for not listening to my professor or that I'd been caught passing notes while he was speaking because of his facial expression. Then, finally, the blonde-haired, pixie, blue-eyed instructor, arched his brow and asked with a curious look in his eye, "Shiloh, is it?"

My fake smile faded, and I answered, "Yes, that's what my parents named me. Why? Do you not like the name they chose? Because I don't care for it either, everyone seems to want to call me Shy, which I'm not," I rambled, my friends gasping around me, "so if you would like, you can always call me honeybuns, angel face..." I said, listing off other nicknames people call me, but I stopped when I felt one of my friends kick my chair from behind.

I probably shouldn't have mocked the cute-looking surfer dude we hired to teach my friends and me to surf, but I didn't care for how he was looking at me. His lifted brow and the tone in his voice when he asked my name, with a look on his face that looked like he was asking, would you like to fuck after class?

He rubbed me the wrong way.

If anyone should be looking at someone desirably, such as he was, it should be me. After all, he is my teacher, and students are the ones who should be dreaming naughty thoughts about their teachers.

Not the other way around.

"Shiloh..." my friend Daliah scolded, smacking my arm.

The cute surfer dude smiled like a smart ass, then winked. "Actually, I think that's a beautiful name. But I approached you because I noticed you weren't listening."

I knew it.

"I was listening."

He looked at Dahlia, grinned mischievously, then shifted his eyes back at me. "If you were listening. What did I just say?"

Shit.

What did he say again?

I looked at Daliah, then at him, and said, "You said if you were listening," I giggled. But when his eyebrows lifted even higher, I knew my being funny time was over, and I added, "I'm sorry, that was uncalled for. I was only trying to be funny to lighten the mood in the room. Anyway, I believe you said that we need to learn the waves. I was listening, but honestly, I have to say I'm very nervous about surfing, and I got curious about what dangers I'd be putting myself in, so I started scanning through the handbook."

"The only way you'll ever be in danger is if you don't listen to me. Don't get me wrong. Surfing is a lot of fun, but if you don't listen to my advice or the rules about surfing, then yes, you'll be in a lot of trouble—something we don't want happening. Since you girls signed up for the private month-long class, and if you're still struggling to ride a wave at the end of the thirty days, I'd be worried because that'll only mean one of two things. Either there's something wrong with you, or you're just not cut out to surf."

He's right.

I didn't want to upset my friends since grade school—learning to surf was what they wanted to do after our friend Lindsay said a relative of hers told her we were more than welcome to stay at their beach house for the summer—an exquisite home located right on Malibu beach. So I said to him, "I apologize. You've got my ears and my full attention."

Instead of celebrating our birthdays in Las Vegas all summer, my friends felt we'd have more fun celebrating them in Malibu—ogling all the hot-looking beach-bodied men wandering the beach. All the while, we swam, tanned, and surfed.

He questionably looked at me, asking, "Are you sure?"

"Yes. I'm sure."

"Good. Because I'd hate to see or hear something bad had happened to one of my students... anyway, as I was saying. You need to learn the waves."

Earlier, when I was scanning the handbook, I came across numerous types of waves he was describing, and it surprised me to see how many waves there were. I know this is our first day of learning to surf. But damn, how am I going to remember all of this?

"The one important thing you need to learn in a wave is where the highest point of that wave is. We call it the peak, and it's important to know it's the first part of a wave that'll break. And finding that peak is the key to reading and predicting how the wave will break... Then there's the lip. Many of the waves' power is at the lip, located at the upper part of the wave..." He continued—explaining the different waves, what to look for in a wave, and how not to get hurt.

Knowing me, I'll be the first one to hurt myself.

I just know it...

Thankfully, our surfing instructor gave us a handbook. Because everything we just got done learning, I already forgot...

Sigh...

Our instructor added, "Just remember. Take your time. Surfing involves a lot of observation, patience, and practice," he emphasized. "Once you master reading the waves, you'll have more fun, and your sessions will become more enjoyable. You'll enjoy catching the waves more. You'll have fewer wipeouts, and eventually, you'll go for the kill and surprise yourself by riding those more challenging waves."

***

Every day for the last month, my friends and I went to our surfing class, ogled our instructor, and practiced surfing on the simulator. Unfortunately, we crashed a lot when learning to ride the simulator waves. And I mean a lot. It was so bad; that we almost decided to hang it up and forget about surfing. But then we all had another wild and crazy idea: instead of giving up, we went to a surfing shop and bought our own surfboards.

Believe it or not, having our own surfboards helped us not crash as much. And now, when we all hit the simulator, we can ride a wave like a pro.

At least, that's what I'd like to think we are. Because I have a strong feeling that the simulator is nothing like riding a real wave, and one of us will get hurt.

God. I hope that doesn't happen. Please let nothing happen to us; I prayed, crossing my fingers while staring at the surfboard by my door. I can't believe I'm about to say this. But for something I never thought I'd do in my life, I had a lot of fun learning, and now I can't wait until we're in Malibu and we get to ride the real waves.

I took a deep breath, then smiled while grabbing my surfboard. "Let's do this."

"Shiloh?" I heard someone ask after my door slammed shut.

"Yes," I replied, trying to turn to see who it was without hitting the board against the wall.

"You surf?" my new neighbor asked.

God, this man is delicious looking.

Ever since he moved in four weeks ago, my eyes, heart, and mind have gone crazy. More so, my body desperately craves him. But there's one massive problem with my new hot neighbor; he has a girlfriend, and she's a huge bitch—a snobby bitch who thinks she's better than everyone. Sure, she's pretty and has a nice body, but she has one ugly attitude and heart.

But I suppose that's what these biker guys here in Las Vegas look for. Biker bitches with tats.

Yep, she's one of them, but whatever, it is what it is. So I guess I'll just continue eye-fucking my new hot neighbor until I meet that guy who'll finally steal my heart.

"Hey, Roscoe. No, I'm not a surfer. But since my friends and I are spending the summer in Malibu, we took surfing lessons thinking it would be fun to surf while we're there. Hopefully, those lessons paid off."

This man was so insanely hot and so damn sexy that when his mouth curved upward, my body went numb, and the surfboard I had my arm wrapped around fell. "How about I help you carry your things to your car? Your arms look a bit full," he said, bending down to pick up my board.

My arms were full.

I was hoping to carry my luggage and my board all on one trip, wanting to avoid multiple trips up and down the stairs. Finally, I looked at him, then over his shoulder, looking for her. "Won't your girlfriend get upset if you help me?"

"What, girlfriend?" he asked, looking confused while securing my board to his side.

"That one girl you're always with. You know, that gorgeous blonde-haired woman with all the tattoos."

"Ginger?"

I had no clue what her name was, so I shrugged. All I knew was that she was a bitch. And how every time she was over at his place, they fuck like wild animals.

"Ginger isn't my girlfriend. She's just a woman I hang out with, ride bikes with, and fuck whenever we need relief," he winked.

"You two must need a lot of relief, then," I speculated. Only because she's at his place almost daily, spending most of her nights there, and all I hear is the bed banging against my wall.

There's also a lot of screaming.

He leaned closer to my ear, and a fantastic smell hit my senses that excited the overly neglected sensitive area between my thighs. It was a beautiful scent of leather, the outdoors, exhaust, and rock and roll.

God, he smelled amazingly good.

But then he spoke, and I nearly lost it.

"If you ever need relief, just ask. I'd be a willing participant. I would love to help give you whatever relief you need."

I cleared my throat and looked down, not wanting him to see how flustered he made me or show him that I had any interest in his offer. I also knew there was no way he and I could ever get together. I'm not a biker, and I don't feel like having my ass kicked by a woman who looks like she can take on twenty guys at once—the same one he fucks daily.

I looked back at him, saying, "I've got to get going. My friends have been waiting for me long enough, and if I make them wait any longer, they'll leave without me."

He laughed. "Let's go, darling; I'll help you carry this and that," he said, pointing to the oversized bag I had difficulty lifting.

His laugh sounds like he knows I'm considering his offer. So instead of commenting on his laughter, I took his other offer and handed him my bag, which felt like a hundred pounds.

"Thanks."

Dahlia, Lindsay, Willow, and Aubrey stood outside our rented Escalade double-checking the surfboards they had already secured to the vehicle's roof. And knowing who was helping me carry my things, I prayed Aubrey wouldn't open her big mouth once she saw who it was.

Roscoe chuckled, then shook his head when he approached the Escalade saying, "I hope you girls aren't planning on driving to Malibu with those surfboards secured like that. You won't get very far—they'll fly off, most likely landing on a vehicle's windshield behind you."

Willow turned around fast, squealing, "What do you mean? We have the surfboards secured."

"No, they're not. The boards have been strapped together, yes. But you also have to secure the surfboard rack to the vehicle," Roscoe chuckled.

Willow didn't know who she was talking to until she saw who was holding my surfboard. She leaned her body to her left and pointed when she saw me standing behind him. "Did you finally fuck him?"

My eyes widened, but then quickly closed in embarrassment.

I thought Aubrey would be the loudmouth. And here it was, Willow.

When I opened my eyes, my heart stopped when I saw Roscoe grinning ear to ear—loving what he heard. "So, you do want me," he marveled, amused.

"No," I replied quickly, walking around him and to the back of the vehicle. "Open the back door," I ordered to whoever was listening. Then, while Roscoe helped re-secure the surfboards, I slowly loaded my belongings into the back of the Escalade, hoping that when I closed the back door, Roscoe would be on his way back up to his apartment.

I closed the door, then twisted my lips when I saw Roscoe standing with his arms folded along his chest, widely smiling while looking at me. "Have fun!" He saluted me while I opened the front passenger door. "And don't do anything I wouldn't do," he winked.

I don't even know him.

So how could I know what he doesn't do?

"Or do everything I would do," he said, his lips curving higher.

My brows lowered. Confused and curious about what Roscoe wouldn't do, I asked, "And what would you do?"

"Find someone willing to have sex with me, of course," he proudly admitted.

"That's you. Not me. Plus, I'm sure Ginger would disapprove of you offering someone other than her your fornicating tool," I warned, letting him know that he and I would never be. As sexy as this man is. And how he's everything, I like in a man, with his long dark hair, strikingly forest-colored green eyes, beautiful jawline, and healthy built body. But I knew he wasn't the one for me.

Friends? Yes.

Boyfriend? No.

Roscoe was just a man to ease the eye—to excite me. To make me dream happy thoughts. And to prepare me for the guy who'll finally swift me off my feet.

Once Lindsay drove us onto the highway, I turned around and scolded Willow, "I cannot believe you embarrassed me like that!"

Looking proud of herself, she smiled and then giggled. "I was helping you."

"No, you weren't. You embarrassed the crap out of me. Roscoe's my damn neighbor, you know."

"Yeah. So?"

"He has a girlfriend. Even though he claims she's not... Thank God, we're leaving for the summer. After what you said and he heard, I don't think I can ever face him again."

Aubrey leaned forward, giggling. "You'll face him again. After all, he's your neighbor. Besides, I'm sure he'll forget everything Willow said."

My eyes widened quickly, and I looked at Willow. "What else did you say to him?"

"Nothing."

"Willow," I groaned.

"Fine. All I said to Roscoe was that for the last month, all you've been dreaming about was him and that you wished it was you; he was banging, waking the neighbors with your screams, and annoying the neighbor on the other side of him when his bed repeatedly rocked the wall."

My mouth fell, and I turned around fast, huffing. "I cannot believe you told Roscoe that..." Now I'm pissed. The last thing I want is for Roscoe to hound me when I return from Malibu, thinking I'll have sex with him.

I'd much rather dream of him doing to me whatever I hear him doing to that bitch, Ginger, chick. Besides, I'd rather have sex with a man I see a future with. Not to some hot biker guy who only wants to fuck to satisfy his needs.

"I'm with Shiloh on this. You should have kept your mouth shut."

"I agree," Lindsay said. "I'll also agree that Roscoe is a panty dropper. But it wasn't right of you, Willow, to tell him the dreams Shiloh has had about him. That's her own business."

"Lighten up, girls. I was only trying to light a fire in him to open his eyes to see he had a much more beautiful woman living next to him than that blonde girl we've seen him hanging out with," Willow said, trying to apologize.

Lindsay looked at me and smiled. "Forget Roscoe. I strongly feel you'll meet someone much better looking than him while we're in Malibu, anyway."

"Why do you think that?"

"Because I just know. Malibu has tons of hot-looking guys roaming around, not to mention there are also many over-the-top sexy lifeguards protecting the beach. And there's one I know who's been a lifeguard there for a few years now, and he's totally your type."

Now she has my attention. "Oh, yeah?"

"Yes," she nodded. "Although I wouldn't know if he's single or not. But he's definitely a guy I know that'll make your heart beat faster when you see him."

Hmm...

"He's definitely worth checking out once we get to the beach. And to be honest, the first time I saw him, I thought of you right away."

Now I'm more than interested in seeing who she's talking about. "Have you ever talked to him?"

"Once. A couple of years ago, my cousin and I were walking on the beach barefoot, and I stepped on a piece of broken glass hidden in the sand. He was the one who gave me first-aid and removed the glass that was deeply embedded into the bottom of my foot."

"Do you remember his name?"

"I do." She smiled. "It's a name I'll never forget because it's different."

"What is it?"

"His name is Chaz."

I hope you enjoyed the teaser🤞🤞  I figured I would write something for you all to think about on how the story will go.

Hopefully, however I decide to write the story, you'll enjoy it!❤❤❤❤

I should be starting this story sometime in April, sometime after I'm finished editing The Summer Affair, that'll be hitting the bookstore soon as well!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

443K 24.4K 26
Tiffany is 26, she left L.A. during her husbands work party after secretly signing annulment papers with her attorney earlier in the day, instructing...
258K 8.4K 17
Warning: Mature themes. "Alex? What's wrong?" I noticed his bulge pressed against me. "I didn't bring any protection," he mumbled. "Oh, I have some...
94.6K 9.2K 32
Mercedes Kingsley is beautiful, spoiled, and one with a few different sides. Her best side? She has a huge and kind heart that she uses to put others...
83.8K 3.3K 56
As I stand under the bright lights I look out at the crowd and contemplate my life and what brought me here. I'm wearing a scrap of red Silk that bar...