Thief of my heart

De infiniteflames_99

Book of Yuktha and Indratan (AMS#3) Yuktha: An ever charming and ever-smiling person. A Gynecologist by profe... Mai multe

Author's Elucidation
Aesthetics
prelude
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 7
chapter 8
Chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
Hello
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

chapter 6

2.7K 284 56
De infiniteflames_99

Unedited

After dropping her at her home, I went to my parent's place to get ready for my day as theirs was the nearest place to yuktha's. So to prevent myself from getting late, I decided to go there.

Getting freshen up, I wore my neatly ironed uniform and decided to head down to join my mom and dad in breakfast but I was greeted with the sight of the sullen face of my mom and troubled looks of my dad.

Adjusting my shirt, I took my usual seat and gave them a single glance

"What happened?" I asked them while serving myself with the food as my whole attention was on it.

I was damn hungry as I didn't get a chance to have anything since yesterday night and when I was about to put a morsel in my mouth, my mom thought it was the right time to open her mouth and said the words which made me put the food back on the plate.

I looked at the both of them with a grim look as my mom also followed my suit and glared at my dad.

"What! Why are you both looking at me like that? I didn't do anything." He immediately raised his hands and shrugged his shoulders.

"You, old man. I am telling you. I will accept anyone as my daughter-in-law except her. Trust me, she isn't the one for my son."

Mom answered, making my head snap in her direction as this was the very first time she did something to support me.

"God! It's not like I am forcing him to marry her..right? Rajeev is my friend and you know, how much he had helped me and trusted me in the initial stages of my new business. He was the one who lent me a hand when no one was willing to do so.  So how can I reject his proposal outrightly when he approached me and asked me something for the first time? And all I am saying is, Let Indra meet her and let them decide everything." He said as I remained as a silent spectator as if I wasn't the one about whom they were discussing.

"No. I won't let him meet her. I agree I want him to get married soon but not like this. Especially when I, very well, know that she is not suitable for my son. I will be forever grateful to Rajeev anna for his help but I can't let my son marry Shwetha just to show our gratitude. So tell them, it's a 'No'." She grimaced before leaving the table.

Even I didn't touch the food as I was so involved in my thoughts. This was the first time I saw her opposing something so stubbornly.

She was always a happy-going person and the person like her rarely gets agitated at anything. So for her to speak like this, only meant one thing. That was, she really didn't like that person.

"Ahem..ahem." My dad coughed to bring me out of my thoughts.

"I am sorry, dad but I am not okay with this proposal."

"If it's about your mom, I will talk-" but I cut him off in the middle.

"No, dad. It's not about mom but I am not okay with the idea of getting married itself. So please don't force me into something that I don't like." I told him calmly while gazing at the juice jar in front of me and I could hear him sigh.

"It's fine. I will talk to him and remember, never did I or never will I force you to do something just for the sake of my own satisfaction."

He said while standing up and coming in my direction and patted my shoulder as I nodded, feeling grateful at him for being so understanding.

I stood up as I completely lost my appetite and intended to go to the kitchen to wash my hand.

"Indra!" His voice sounded from the staircase and I halted on my way before spinning around.

"Can you do me a favor?" I nodded at him to continue.

"I asked Shwetha to meet you at the station as I don't know that you would be coming home today. So when she comes there, don't be rude to her and reject her politely. She deserves to know your opinion personally from you only..okay?" He requested me and I just agreed with a nod as I didn't want to promise him something that I couldn't guarantee.

When he ascended the stairs to pacify his wife, I silently left to the station and got busy with dealing with the cases.

When it was noon, I got distracted by the commotion outside my cabin. So I peeped out of the window to know what it was about.

There I saw someone arguing with Hari as he was trying to pacify her. Frowning, I marched out of my cabin and gazed coldly at the woman who was the cause of the trouble.

"What's the matter?" I shifted my gaze to Hari as he came forward to answer my question.

"Sir, This madam here is saying that she is your fiancée and she came here to deliver you the lunch. When I didn't believe her and asked her to leave, she started arguing with me." He said as my eyes again darted to the lady and a flit of recognition flashed past my eyes.

"Shwetha?" I sounded unsure but I got to know I was correct when I saw her beaming at me.

"Everyone, carry on with your work."

Saying this, I invited her inside my cabin but I didn't miss the sight of her throwing a proud look at Hari. Ignoring it, I showed her the way.

I was just entertaining her because of my dad otherwise I would have let someone threw her out already as I never liked to tend my personal business in the station.

Once we were inside, I asked her to sit on the chair and took my seat. After doing so, she placed a carrier on the desk and looked at me excitedly while opening it.

"Hi, Indra. I guess you don't know anything about me but I am aware of every little thing about you. See, I prepared all these dishes just for you. They might not be up to your liking but I will definitely try to be a better cook after our marriage. Please have a taste of it."

Saying this, she brought a gulab jamun near to my mouth, making me lean back immediately as a frown etched my face.

"I am sorry." She mumbled while retracting her hand and bent down her head meekly as I released a frustrated sigh.

"I have something to tell you," I said and looked at her once I got her attention.

"Look, I am not interested in this marriage. So please don't get your hopes high. My dad must have already told my decision to your dad and also never visit me at the station. If there is nothing else, you can leave."

I told her as calmly as I could and gestured at the door with my hand. Though I felt bad after seeing the wounded look on her face, this was a much needed act

"In...indra. Don't say like this. Not every marriage will be based on love. We can work it out together. I love you so much. Please don't say 'No'. I will be a good wife to you and will always obey your words. If you don't like me, tell me the qualities you like in your future partner. I will try to be that person." Saying this, she agitatedly tried to hold my hand but I dodged her touch before she could do so, while standing up.

"It's not about you. I respect your feelings and I expect you do the same to me. I neither like you nor hate you. So stop lowering yourself. It's great if you love someone but remember, never try to change yourself for that person." I took a deep breath and continued.

" Moreover, I am not the person to think about love and marriage. All these things are meaningless to me. I have only allowed you inside my cabin to tell you this and I apologize if I hurt your feelings. So can you please leave now?" I tried to explain her patiently as she looked at me with teary eyes and started packing the boxes silently.

I sighed in relief when I saw that she was going to leave and followed her to show her out as a formality but paused once I was outside when I casually gazed at the entrance and saw someone standing there.

I did take a double look to confirm whether what I was seeing was true or not. She was really standing there and it seemed like she was hesitating to come inside.

My eyes gleamed when I noticed her presence and I instantly rushed outside as my heart started thudding with anticipation.

Reaching the entrance, I tried to maintain the nonchalant attitude and I pretended like I was going out and brushed past her.

"Indra?" She called out to me after noticing my presence as a victorious smile fitted my face.

"Yes? You? What are you doing here?" I casually turned around and feigned the confusion

She bit down her lips and hesitatingly stretched her hands out to me to show the lunch box in her hand.

"Woah. Did you bring the lunch for me? What did I do to deserve this honor?" I quipped and I took the lunch box from her immediately in fear that she might take it back as I saw her getting flaring up.

"I have to as I don't like owing anything to anyone. Since you have helped me yesterday, I brought the food for you. Now we both are even. So, Mind you! Never dared to use yesterday's incident against me in the future..hmph." Saying this, she spun around and left from there in a jiffy.

"The temper of this stupid woman!" I berated her in my heart but my lips tugged into the slight smile as I gazed at the box in my hand.

"Is she the reason why you aren't willing to marry me?"

The smile was wiped off from my face immediately when I heard this question and I turned around to look at Shwetha who was gazing at the retreating figure of Yuktha.

I neither denied nor agreed with her words. Ignoring her completely, I jogged inside my cabin with a jolly mood to savor her handmade food.

Hope you guys liked this chapter.

Thanks for reading.

Please do vote and comment.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

24.4K 1.7K 30
YUVAAN ♡ ESHA Yuvaan Mehra, a tenacious investigator known for his keen instincts,finds himself entangled in a web of secrets when assigned to a bewi...
794K 46.3K 56
(#1 of 'Thakur brother's series') "The day my eyes completed the journey of his eyes, I forgot all my pain..." ADVIKA SEN In my 22 years of life, I...
235K 3.4K 16
☆ Ranked # 1 in plussize ☆ ☆ Ranked # 1 in happyending ☆ ☆ Ranked # 1 in husbandandwife ☆ ☆ Ranked # 1 in maturecontent ☆ ☆ Ranked # 1 in forcedmarri...
32.6K 5.1K 32
Anubhav Singh: The esteemed DSP of Lucknow, known as the fearless tiger of department. Haseena: A kind-hearted pediatrician at New Life Hospital. Bot...