Hey There, Delilah

By MP13Girl

What would you think if you received letters from someone and it seemed they could never be caught? This just... More

Hey There, Delilah (1)
Hey There, Delilah (2)
Hey There, Delilah (3)
Hey There, Delilah (4)
Hey There, Delilah (5)
Hey There, Delilah (6)
Hey There, Delilah (7)
Hey There, Delilah (8)
Hey There, Delilah (9)
Hey There, Delilah (10)
Hey There, Delilah (11)
Hey There, Delilah (12)
Hey There, Delilah (13)
Hey There, Delilah (14)
Hey There, Delilah (15)
Hey There, Delilah (16)
Hey There, Delilah (18)
Hey There, Delilah (19)
Hey There, Delilah (20)
Hey There, Delilah (21)
Hey There, Delilah (22)
Hey There, Delilah (23)
Hey There, Delilah (24)
Hey There, Delilah (25)
Hey There, Delilah (26)
Hey There, Delilah (27)
Hey There, Delilah (28)
Hey There, Delilah (29)
Hey There, Delilah (30)
Hey There, Delilah (31)
Hey There, Delilah (32)
Hey There, Delilah (33)
Hey There, Delilah (34)
Hey There, Delilah (35)
Hey There, Delilah (36)
Hey There, Delilah (37)
Hey There, Delilah (38)
Hey There, Delilah (39)
Hey There, Delilah (40)

Hey There, Delilah (17)

83.9K 2.4K 2.4K
By MP13Girl

"This is boring," Gabe whined, bouncing the pencil by its eraser lightly now and again on my carpet. I gave him a flat look, but I felt my eye twitch as I watched him. He really knew how to push my buttons, even more than Seth did. And that was saying something.

I only frowned even more when I thought of Seth. We hadn't spoken to each other since he had kissed me, and that was only two days before. It was really awkward being around him. I honestly didn't have any romantic feelings for him, and the kiss was really just in the moment. But I didn’t understand why he had kissed me so passionately, if he supposedly hated me.

I hoped he didn't like me that way. He still liked Marnie, didn't he? He was only using me to get her jealous. Yeah, that was it. Seth couldn’t like me. There was no way that that was possible. He was Seth, wasn’t he? Yeah. There was no way he could like me.

"It's our project," I said, tossing a tiny piece of crumbled up lined paper at him. He wrinkled his nose, glaring at me a little. "I know you don't care about what grade you get on this thing, but I do. I'm not going to fail just because you don't want to do any work."

"Someone's in a bad mood," Gabe said, smirking slightly. My eyebrows furrowed as I continued to look at him. "I am not in a bad mood," I snapped, biting my lip after I had done so. That definitely made it sound like I was in a bad mood. Maybe I was.

Gabe was going to say something, but I cut him off before he could. "Just start writing the stupid poem down. It'll look a lot neater if you write it in cursive, so do that."

Gabe's nose wrinkled once again. "I can't write in cursive," he told me, tossing the pen to me. I rolled my eyes, but then my gaze turned into a sheepish one.

"Neither can I," I admitted, looking down at the carpet. "Never mind with the cursive then. Both our handwritings would probably make the poster look like crap, so typing everything up would probably be the best idea. I don't want to get marked down because everything's not neat."

Gabe didn't say anything, but I knew he agreed. I knew he didn't care at all about what grade we got on the poster; his dad would bail him out of any mess he got into. I didn't have that though, so I had to do well on the poster. Since Gabe obviously didn’t care.

I just didn't want to do all the work, which seems like what was happening as we sat in my room. Couldn't he just do one thing to actually make it look like I didn't do all the work myself?

Apparently not.

I seriously felt like kicking him or something as I waited for him to volunteer to type up the rough drafts that I had written. But he continued to shuffle through the papers that were in front of him, making a mess. If he didn't volunteer, I was just going to make him. I didn't feel like typing after all the writing I had done.

"What?" Gabe asked, noticing the way I was looking at him. "What's with the look?"

"You're typing these up," I demanded, pushing the papers over to him.

He raised an eyebrow, looking at me and then to the paper. "No I'm not," he said, pushing the papers back toward me.

I pushed them right back. "Yes you are."

He pushed them toward me again. "No I'm not."

I pushed them once again. "Yes you are."

He pushed them as well. "No I'm not."

Push.

Thrust.

Shove.

Throw.

Slap!

"Ow!"

I stuck my tongue out at him, pushing the papers over to him once again. "Serves you right."

"I hate typing," he grumbled, gathering the papers I had shoved his way into a neat pile.

I rolled my eyes, picking up all the other papers that were scattered around my room. "Too bad. I wrote all the rough drafts, the least you could do was type them out and print them. It isn't that hard to do," I told him.

"Then why don't you do it?" he quipped, causing me to slap his arm again. Maybe he was even more annoying than Seth, if that was even possible. Everyone could type, couldn't they? He had fingers, he should use them! He couldn’t have been that lazy!

All he'd been doing is sitting around watching me work, and I can't believe I had enough will power to stop myself from hitting him. Why were all boys so annoying? The only one I seemed to be able to tolerate was Avery. And River, sometimes. Rex could be annoying sometimes, but funny annoying. Gabe was just frustrating, and Seth was just... ugh. Don't get me started on Seth. I could write a whole book about him.

"Just type them up," I told Gabe, jumping up from my sitting position on the ground as I placed the extra papers on my desk. Gabe rolled his eyes, stuffing the paper that I had given him into his backpack. "Hey!" I cried, snatching his backpack from his grasp. "Don't just throw the papers in this trash bag you call a backpack! You're going to lose them! Put them in your binder or something!"

"I don't have a binder," he told me simply.

I dropped his backpack onto the floor before slapping my hand over my eyes. "You're so useless."

"Thank you," was his smartass remark before he grabbed his backpack from next to me and exited my room. This project was a lot harder than it was supposed to be, and all because of Gabe. He drove me insane sometimes.

Only about thirty seconds later, someone started knocking on my door. The way they were knocking sounded like they were excited, and I knew exactly who they were.

"Hi, Rex," I said flatly when I opened the door. I almost started laughing when I saw Rex holding River by the back collar of his shirt. River did not look happy. "Hi, River."

"We're going to the mall," Rex said, using his free hand to grab my wrist and yank me out of my room. "What are you talking about? Rex, let me go! I thought you hated shopping!"

"I do," Rex answered, shrugging. "But I heard from Headmaster Russo that your birthday's in a week, and I want to get you a present."

"Why get me a present while I'm there?" I asked, giving him a flat look as he smiled like an idiot.

Rex shrugged once again, obviously not caring if I saw whatever he was giving me or not. "Because I know I won't be able to wait a week to give you your presents. If you haven't noticed, I can't really keep a secret."

Really, now?

Note the sarcasm.

"Fine," I grumbled. "It's not like I had anything better to do, anyway."

Rex grinned. "Great!"

"I don't understand why I have to come," River said from beside Rex, almost making me jump because I forgot he was there.

"Don't you want to get Deli Sandwich a present, too?" Rex asked, trying to sound as innocent as he could. He failed at that, by the way.

"Can you stop calling her by that stupid nickname? We're not talking to my lunch, we're talking to a human being," River said, not answering Rex's question.

Rex's eyes got wide, as if he had just figured out something. "You're changing the subject! You already have a present for her, don't you?" he exclaimed, grinning like an idiot. "You do, right? What is it?"

"I don't have anything for her," River almost snapped, sucking in a silent but sharp breath and turning his head away once he noticed I was looking at him. I swore his cheeks were pink for a second. Did he have a present for me? Why would he be so embarrassed about it? I found that really sweet. It was always cute when guys got all embarrassed, even tough ones like Seth.

I wondered if Avery knew it was my birthday in a week. My birthday was February fourteenth, otherwise known as Valentine's Day. I hated having my birthday on the most love-filled day of the year, because everyone only cared about Valentine's Day and not my birthday.

It always got me upset when I was a little kid because everyone always said, "Happy Valentine's Day," and not "Happy birthday," to me. Avery probably didn't know that it was my birthday, since the boys found out from the headmaster. He might get me something, though, since it was Valentine's Day.

"Where's Seth?" I found myself asking once we had gotten outside and into the parking lot.

Rex shrugged, saying, "He refused to come, telling us that he was busy. He actually had detention today, so... yeah. I don't get why he'd lie to us, he always has detention..."

As we got into Rex's car, I found myself trying to not think about Seth, but failing. Did Seth get detention for supposedly taking me to the pool that night? I felt even guiltier than I had before, and I had been feeling horrible about it. I really needed to thank him for taking the blame like that.

"So, do you like being born on Valentine's Day?" Rex asked once we had gotten into the mall, draping his arm around my shoulders. I didn't make any moves to shake it off, even though I didn't want it there.

"I hate it," I told him truthfully, tying not to give him a sour look.

He looked surprised, but the look quickly disappeared and was replaced by a grin. "Oh, really? Why?"

"Because the only thing anybody cares about it Valentine's Day. And since I've never had a boyfriend before Avery, I didn't even get anything but tiny candies from my friends. Yeah, my family gave me presents, but most of the time they were just clothes that I never wore..." I explained, shaking my head.

My family always assumed, just because I was a girl, that all I wanted for my birthday or Christmas was clothes. I actually hated when I got clothes as gifts, or when I had to go clothes shopping. I had enough clothes for the rest of my life, thanks to my grandparents and aunts and uncles. I was the only teenage girl in the family, all my cousins and Jake being boys. So they always assumed that clothes were the only thing I wanted, and I was the only one they could give them to.

"Well, then what do you want for your birthday?" Rex asked, dropping his arm from my shoulders as we continued walking. I only shrugged, honestly not knowing what I wanted. I hadn't thought about my birthday at all, so I had no idea what I really wanted.

If River had gotten me something, what was it? I really didn’t like surprises. Was it something I was going to like? Why would he get me something that I didn't like? Did he actually know what I would like after only knowing me for three months?

"Now that I think about it, I actually want you gift to be a surprise," Rex said, tapping his chin as he thought. "But you need to tell me what you want."

"How will it be a surprise if I tell you what to get?"

"... It just will be!"

I turned toward River, who looked bored out of his mind. He was wearing a black shirt with a black button up shirt over it, though it wasn't buttoned at all. I couldn't forget his black skinny jeans, which just earned him strange looks from passing old people. I even heard one old lady say to her granddaughter, "Why is that young lady have her hair in her face?" And the granddaughter that looked a little younger than us said, "No, Granny, that's just some creepy emo guy."

It made me feel horrible for River, and I was glad that he didn't hear it. Yeah, he could be a little sexist, but he had warmed up to me and he turned out to be one of the sweetest boys I had ever met. I really wished people wouldn't judge him. First Bekka, and now everyone else?

I continued walking from store to store, and I found a black shirt that looked like River's style. Hoping that that would get him interested, I tugged on his sleeve and showed him the shirts. "Why don't you get something, River?" I asked, leading him over to the racks. "I think this one would look really nice on you."

He glanced at it for a moment, but shook his head. "No, that has short sleeves."

"So?" I asked, trying not to sound confused, but failing. "What's wrong with short sleeves? Actually, I don't think I ever saw you with short sleeves before..."

I reached for the bottom of his sleeve, only able to touch it for a few seconds before he pulled his arm away quickly. "I just don't like short sleeves."

"It's because he's pale," Rex sing-songed as he walked passed us, looking for his own clothes. River gave his best friend a flat look before rolling his eyes.

"I don't think he's pale," I said, standing on my toes as I reached up and cupped River's cheek with my hand, brushing his hair out of his face a little with my thumb. River stood there, stiff as a board, looking completely surprised as I stood there touching him. "I don't know what you're talking about, Rex. He's a lot tanner than me."

Rex shrugged. "Whatever."

I moved away from River after that, and he began to relax again. I didn't think anything of it, though. I was probably just imagining things.

I started to whistle a tune that I couldn't remember the name of as we continued to walk through the certain store in the mall. "Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me," River muttered under his breath along with my whistling. I smiled brightly when I realized what song I had been whistling.

"Sorry," I apologized, even though I kept smiling. "For some reason that song's stuck in my head... It reminds me of Disneyland. Me, Jake, and my parents would go all the time when I was little, but we didn't go as much after my father passed away... and then after freshman year, we didn't go at all... because..." I looked away then, not wanting to talk about it.

The last time I had been to Disneyland for my birthday in eighth grade. After I started getting stalked, we just didn't have time for it. It really left me heartbroken, since Disneyland was like my second home.

River looked at me sadly, understanding what I didn't want to say. But Rex, being Rex, didn't. "What? What happened in freshman year?" he asked, shuffling through shirts that were sprawled all over the place. Wasn’t he here to buy me a present?

I glanced at River nervously for a moment, but didn't say anything. "Uh..." was all I could say.

"She broke her ankle," River excused, shrugging as if it was no big deal. "She hasn't been able to walk the same since then, so no Disneyland because you have to walk around a lot."

I blinked. I really wanted to hug River for covering for me. Rex blinked as well before shrugging and turning back toward the shirts, his back to us.

Using this to my advantage, I grabbed River's wrist, going on my toes once again, but this time kissing River on the cheek. "Thank you," I whispered quickly before standing next to him normally. I didn't look over to see his reaction, because I was a little embarrassed myself. I didn't mean to go that far. I just wanted to give him a hug. I had no idea why I kissed his cheek.

"Aren't we supposed to be here so you can get Delilah a present?" River asked, and I finally looked over at him to see that he looked perfectly normal. So my kiss didn't affect him at all? That was kind of a bummer. I hoped that he would at least blush. He was cute when he blushed.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Rex said, still searching through clothes.

This was going to be a long day.

*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~*

It had been a week since we had gone shopping, and it was now my birthday. Which also meant it was Valentine's Day. Some people had wished me a happy birthday, but they would always say it after they said happy Valentine's Day. I didn't care about Valentine's Day!

"Happy birthday!" Rex exclaimed the second I walked out of my last classroom, shoving a bag in my face. I stepped back to I wouldn't get bashed in the face, and then grabbed the bag from him. He hadn't found anything at the mall that he wanted to get me, so I thought he wasn't even going to get me a present at all. "Don't open it yet!" he told me as I started to reach inside the bag.

"Why?" I asked, looking up at his grinning face.

"Follow me," he smiled, grabbing my arm and leading me up the stairs and back to our dorms.

"Why do I have to open it in my room?" I asked when we had gotten to the door. "Is it something embarrassing? Rex, you didn't give me lingerie, did you?"

Rex snapped, saying, "I should have bought you that!" Seeing my flat look, he chuckled. "Just kidding. I'm sure you'll like what's in the bag a lot more than lingerie... Maybe."

I rolled my eyes, taking my key out of my pocket and poking it into the lock. I opened the door to see my room completely dark, scaring me a little. "Rex?" I asked, but then the door shut behind me, leaving me in complete darkness.

Before I could shout, the lights came on and Rex exclaimed, "Surprise!"

I looked around my room to see streamers and a banner saying happy birthday. Not to mention there was a cake on my desk. Rex rolled his eyes at his two best friends, who were standing lazily in the middle of the room. "You two were supposed to shout surprise!"

"Oops," the two boys said in unison, causing me to giggle.

"Can I open my present now?" I asked Rex, waving the bag in his face.

He chuckled, nodding. "Go ahead. I hope you like it."

Tearing the tissue paper out of the bag as quickly as I could, I almost screamed when I saw what was in the bag. I took it out slowly, staring at it with wide eyes. "That isn't what I think it is, is it?" Seth groaned, looking at Rex. But Rex wasn't able to answer, because my squealing cut him off.

"This is the cutest thing ever!"

"Yeah, it's what you think it is," Rex answered, grinning as I hugged the stuffed bear to my chest.

I've always been a stuffed animal girl, but I left pretty much all of them at home. I always slept with stuffed animals, and now I was going to have one to sleep with.

"Press his hand," Rex said, grinning. I looked up at him in confusion for a moment before squeezing the bear's hand.

"Happy birthday!" it said in Rex's voice, causing me to burst out laughing. I squeezed it again, and this time it said, "Happy birthday," in a lazy tone. I couldn't help but smile at Seth. Squeezing it again, I heard River's voice say, "Happy birthday," sounding annoyed, as if he was forced to say it.

I cracked up, hugging Rex tightly. "This is so hilarious! Thanks so much!"

"Here," Rex said when I had let him go, tossing me a brightly wrapped box at me. "It's from your mom. It's something that she found behind your dresser and then something she bought."

"You read the card?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows and grabbing the card from his grasp.

Rex shrugged, grinning. "Maybe..."

I ripped the wrapping paper off the box quickly, luckily able to rip the tape off the box with only my fingers. I then opened it to see a purple shirt, causing me to roll my eyes. Of course my mother bought me a shirt. I was sure the next time I got home, I'd have a bunch of presents from my family members full of clothes.

Seriously, I still had clothes from previous birthdays that I hadn't even worn yet. I moved the shirt out of the way to see a blue necklace that caused my smile to completely disappear.

My hand went numb, and I dropped the necklace onto the floor. Rex’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion, and he bent over and picked it up, handing it back to me. But I really, really didn’t want it back. I wanted to throw it out the window. I never wanted to see it again.

“Sorry, it slipped,” I dismissed quietly, staring at the necklace once again.

I had purposely dropped this necklace behind my dresser. It was a birthday present from my old stalker. Even though it was beautiful, it terrified me so much that I didn't know what to do. I had totally forgotten that I even had it until now. It took all the willpower I had to stop myself from shaking.

"What's wrong?" Rex asked. "Do you not like the gifts your mom gave you?"

"No, no... it's not that..." I said. "I told you before. I don't like getting clothes. I have enough."

"She's the first girl I ever met who didn't want more clothes..." Seth sighed, shaking his head. I gave him a flat look, not really amused by his comment. I did like clothes, just not as much as my family thought I did. I wanted other things besides clothes, you know.

River stayed silent, obviously noticing how terrified I was of the necklace. It was bright blue, and the pendent was shaped like a heart. I totally forgot about the stuffed animal completely as I stared down at it. The happiness in my body had disappeared. I didn't feel like celebrating anymore.

"Hey," River said, sitting on my bed next to me. "I have a gift for you, too. It's a surprise, though. You need to get ready in about an hour, and try to look fancy, okay?"

"What is it?" I asked, trying not to sound confused. I knew I was failing.

River smirked slightly. "You'll see."

*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~*

Looking at myself in the mirror, I couldn't help but furrow my eyebrows. This purple dress was beautiful on the hanger, but it barely looked okay on me. Where was River taking me that was so fancy? I really wanted to know. I hated surprises.

There was a knock on my door, and I scuffled over as quickly as I could. I opened the door, expecting River to be there. Instead, there was no one. I stepped out to look, but my foot hit something that was on the ground before I could. I looked down to see a box with a note attached to it.

My heart stopping, I picked the box up immediately. I walked back into my room and closed the door behind me before setting the box down on my desk. I took a deep breath before I opened the note, scared at what it might say.

  Hey There, Delilah,

  I hope you like this present I'm giving you. I believe you've gotten a gift like this before. Happy birthday, my love. I wish I could see you today, but unfortunately I can't. I love you, Delilah. Happy birthday, once again. Oh, and happy Valentine's Day.

The neat cursive was back, and there wasn't a signature. This guy was too clever for me; I was actually expecting the messy scrawl. I looked down at the box and began to open it, like an instinct or something. I was sure that it was a bad idea, but that didn’t stop me.

I know you're not supposed to open presents from stalkers, in case it was a bomb or something else that could kill you, but he actually told me he loved me in the note. As creepy and terrifying as that was, he wouldn't kill someone he loved, would he?

I certainly hoped not.

Prying the box open, I pulled out something that would normally be a wonderful present from someone. But I wasn't really looking forward to getting another necklace today. Especially when it was from another stalker. But how did he know I had gotten a necklace before? Now that was the part that scared me.

There was another knock on the door, causing me to drop the blue necklace onto my carpet. Another blue necklace, of course, but this time it was darker than the first one. It’s not like I hated the color blue, it just wasn’t my favorite. Purple was.

"C--come in!" I stuttered, picking up the necklace quickly and stuffing it back into the box, which I hid behind me back. The door opened to reveal River, who was wearing the same thing he had been wearing to the dance.

"I'm not too overdressed, am I?" I asked, worried. I really didn't want to look like a freak because I was wearing clothes that were too fancy.

River chuckled, shaking his head. "No, you're not. I'm a little underdressed, I guess. Not that I really care."

I smiled at him. "Oh... okay. Then let's go."

"Wait," he said, grabbing my arm before I could take another step. "I want to give you your birthday present before we leave."

"But I thought that whatever you're taking me to was my present," I told him, but he only shrugged.

"That's part of it. This present is something you can actually unwrap."

I blinked, not knowing what it could be as I took the wrapped box from his hands. He already got me a birthday present that required me to wear something fancy, and now this?

All Rex and Seth got me was that stuffed bear that I absolutely loved. I unwrapped it, trying not to show my impatience. Unwrapping presents wasn't my thing. Couldn't they just give me the gift unwrapped? Eh, it's tradition, I guess.

Letting the wrapping paper float to the floor, I stared at the black velvet box for a few moments. Didn't this usually mean marriage? Or jewelry? Had River gotten me jewelry? Or did he want me to marry him? I found that highly unlikely.

"Are you just going to stare at it or are you going to open it?" River asked, a smirk plastered on his face. I smiled back at him, running my fingers over the velvet of the box before opening it.

My jaw dropped when I saw the beautiful purple necklace that was inside. The chain was silver, and it was absolutely beautiful. It was shaped like a flower, which just made it even more beautiful to me.

"River..." I breathed out, not being able to breathe properly as I looked at the breathtakingly beautiful necklace that hung in front of my face as I held it up. "You didn't have to..."

"I know," he shrugged, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "But it's your birthday, and I wanted to do something nice. Purple's your favorite color, isn't it? I saw it when we were at the mall, and... yeah. It reminded me of you."

"How could something like this remind you of me?" I asked, still not taking my eyes off the piece of jewelry. "This thing is absolutely beautiful and I'm... me."

River muttered something that I didn't understand under his breath, but I didn't ask him what he said. It was really likely that he didn't mean to say it out loud.

"It matches your dress," he pointed out, looking from the necklace and to my dress. "Here, turn around. I'll put it on you."

"O--okay," I stuttered, making sure that the box with the other necklace was safely far away from us on my desk. Hopefully River would just think it was another present and not think anything of it.

"River," I asked, getting chills down my spine as his cold fingers touched my neck. "When's your birthday?"

"August fourteenth," he answered, his fingers lingering on my neck a few seconds more than they had to. I didn't even think he noticed that he doing this.

"Oh, so you're turning seventeen like me, right?" I asked once he moved his fingers from my neck and the necklace was on.

"No, I'm turning eighteen. My parents put me in school a year later than they were supposed to, so... yeah."

"Oh," was all I managed to say, mostly because I had no idea what else I could say.

"Come on, let's go. We're going to be late if we don't go soon," he told me, leading me out of my room and through the school until we got to the entrance. Once we had gotten outside, I was regretting that I hadn't brought a jacket. And I was also jealous of River who was wearing a jacket. It was a lot chillier than I thought it would, but I was sure I would be okay.

When I looked around the parking lot for the car we would be taking, my jaw completely dropped when I saw that River was leaning up against a limo. "Sorry," he smiled sheepishly, shrugging. "It's my parents' orders. Anywhere I go, I have to take the limo so they know where I'm going. They're like that."

I nodded, still staring blankly at the car that sat in front of me. I was actually going to ride in a limo. A limo! That was so exciting to me, even though it was really nothing at all. Where was River taking me? Now I really wanted to find out.

*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~*

"Close your eyes," River told me when the limo came to a stop.

"Close my eyes?" I repeated, confused at what he was saying. He was going to take me somewhere that I was unfamiliar with and my eyes had to be closed? I didn’t think that was really safe. "Why do I have to close my eyes? Where're we going?"

River smirked. "It's a surprise."

"But I don't like walking through places I don't know with my eyes closed," I pointed out, my eyebrows rising on my forehead.

River rolled his eyes, placing his hands over my eyes. "Don't worry; you're going to be perfectly fine. Like I said before, I'm not going to let anyone hurt you."

I smiled slightly when I remembered the last time he had said that to me. River could be so sweet sometimes, and some people were just jerks to him. All because of the way he looked.

River kept one hand over my eyes as he led me into wherever we were going. I knew he led me into a building because the chilly air suddenly changed so that it was now warm, and I could hear people chattering. I hoped we weren’t getting stared at, because even though they couldn’t see my face because River was covering it, it was still embarrassing for me.

River continued leading me, and I felt myself bobbing and weaving through groups of people. I couldn’t believe that I hadn’t tripped yet. Where was I?

I was suddenly seated, and I felt River sit down next to me. He removed his hands from my eyes and said, "Okay. You can open your eyes now."

I popped my eyes open, only to have them almost completely pop right out of my head. The room was so huge, and there was a stage up front. Was I at some kind of play or something? My curiosity was killing me; I had to know what this all was!

"Welcome to Broadway," River pretty much introduced, smirking at me. I would have started screaming if there weren't so many people around. Broadway? Seriously? Broadway? I thought I was going to faint; it was so amazing! I was actually going to watch a show on Broadway!

"Someone looks excited," River smirked, leaning back in his chair. "You don't even know what the show is."

"What is it?"

"You'll see."

Well, that was no big surprise there.

Suddenly, the lights dimmed and the people around us quieted. I felt my leg shaking with excitement as I tried to think of something that River would take me to. What would he take me to?

But then the music started, and I thought I was going to jump out of my chair. I turned toward River with a Cheshire cat grin before almost lunging him into a hug. I made sure to be as unnoticeable as possible though, of course. But I could barely hold my excitement in.

River had taken me to see The Phantom of the Opera!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So... hi. I see that about 99.9% of you are absolutely in love with River. Haha xD I don't get why he's so lovable. Why do you love him so much? xD 

This was going to be longer than it is xD But it's already seven pages, so the rest of this chapter's going to be apart of chapter 18 :D

Please COMMENT, VOTE, and FAN! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 4.4K 25
"You're a psychopath" "I prefer the term creative" After ending up on the wrong side of law. Aphy finds herself in a house full of delinquents. With...
1.7K 200 19
"π“π‡π„π˜'𝐑𝐄 π‚πŽππ“π‘πŽπ‹π‹πˆππ† 𝐔𝐒!" "πƒπŽπ'𝐓 π˜πŽπ” 𝐒𝐄𝐄 πˆπ“?" β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€ β€’βœ§β€’ ──────┐ a story in which; a young girl is sent to a fancy sc...
23.4K 899 35
Opal Green is a unique girl with a unique name, but her name defines her personality. She is beautiful, has many different colors of creativeness rad...
598 18 14
Delilah Rivers is not popular but she's not the girl everyone picks on, she is your average Junior in High School just trying to get by. Delilah is c...