The backup Bride

By thefadedwhite

" I would never be a second choice to anyone. If I need to compete with someone else for your love, I would g... More

CAST
Flash back number 1
Flash back number 2
EPISODE 1
EPISODE 2
EPISODE 3
EPISODE 4
EPISODE 5
EPISODE 6
EPISODE 7
EPISODE 8
EPISODE 9
EPISODE 10
EPISODE 11
EPISODE 12
EPISODE 13
EPISODE 14
EPISODE 15
EPISODE 16
EPISODE 17
EPISODE 18
EPISODE 19
EPISODE 20
EPISODE 21
EPISODE 22
A tiny author's note
EPISODE 23
EPISODE 24
EPISODE 25
EPISODE 26
EPISODE 27
EPISODE 28
EPISODE 29
Episode 30
EPISODE 31
Flashback number 3
Flashback number 4
EPISODE 32
EPSIODE 33
EPISODE 34
A tiny author's note
EPISODE 35
EPISODE 36
EPISODE 37
EPISODE 38
EPISODE 39
EPISODE 40
EPISODE 41
EPISODE 42
EPISODE 43
EPISODE 44
EPISODE 45
EPISODE 46
EPISODE 47
EPISODE 48
EPISODE 49
A tiny author's note
EPISODE 50
EPISODE 51
EPISODE 52
EPISODE 53
EPISODE 54
EPISODE 55
EPISODE 56
Poster design contest
EPISODE 57
EPISODE 58
EPISODE 59
EPISODE 60
Time travel - 1

EPISODE 61

4.1K 121 7
By thefadedwhite

31/12/2019, At Chennai

Aparna's P.O.V :

You are really done for this time. You are insane. You are stupid.

Stupid

" How did I end up doing this! " I said banging my head against my bag in front.

All the people in the lounge saw that i missed the bus intentionally. People were murmuring behind you.

" Idiot, stupid " I said and banged my head against my bag again.

Should I call Shwetha and say that I missed the bus, or should I just get in the next bus, or should I just call Shiva and throw a tantrum.

Anything I do, I would be seen as reckless, did my ego die or what, why am I even thinking of calling Shiva.

Brace up, Self respect before anything.

I hugged my bag tight and nested my head inside, so that nobody could see my face.

The lounge was almost empty. I was tapping my feet nervously.

Someone walked in and sat opposite to me.

The person coughed loud and tapped the ground with his feet.

I decided to take a look at who was annoying me. I raised my head and my eyes landed on a familiar smiling face.

My heart dropped to the ground as Shiva was sitting opposite to me. He was holding his hands in front of him and drops of sweat were covering his face.

As soon as I recognized him, I instantly hid my face with my bag.

" Hello " He said knocking in front of my bag.

I shook my head and didn't reply. What does he want from me! Why is he here!

" You left your belonging with me. I am here to return it to you" He said.

Come on Aparna, let's face it.

I raised my head slowly.

" What belonging? " I asked him.

He placed a small box in my hand. I opened it hesitantly.

It was the gold chain that I lost at that snow land. It was the same one.

I took it out and breathed out relieved.

" When did you find this? " I asked Shiva.

" Not long ago, " He said scratching his head.

" But why didn't you return it to me till now? " I asked him.

My hear beat was getting louder and I couldn't hear anything else. He cleared his throat.

" I really wanted to have this as a reminder of the day we spent " He said looking down.

" You need gold chain to be kept as a reminder, well, but why are you returning it now? " I asked confused.

" Because, I don't need it anymore" He said smiling.

I felt a sudden drop and disappointment, what was I expecting anyway.

I emptily smiled at him.

" There is more " He said.

" Where? " I asked.

" Look down in the next rack " He said.

I slowly checked for the next rack in the small box and opened it.

There was a gold ring inside that.

" I didn't loose any ring " I said and stopped in the middle as I realized what was happening.

This ring was the one I chose during the shopping with Shiva's family , His engagement ring that I suggested.

My hands were starting to shake and I looked at Shiva nervously.

" I don't need any reminder if I get to spend everyday with you! " He said smiling.

I couldn't understand anything that was happening.

I shook my head and looked at the ring. I took out the ring in disbelief.

The next moment, Shiva went on his knees in front of me.

" What are you doing! " I murmured.

" Aparna, will you marry me? " He asked.

I widened my eyes and I was flushed.

I picked up my bag quickly and wore it. Suddenly, I just wanted to run away from him.

I wanted this to happen, I imagined this for so many times. But still, in reality, the courage I had to miss my bus was not enough to face Shiva's proposal.I felt an unexpressable pain which pulled me away from the moment.

As soon as I stood up, Shiva caught my hand and pulled me back to my seat.

" Please, listen to me Aparna. I am an idiot. I am a coward. I know. But trust me, you were never my backup. You weren't my option. I was scared of the reality that you were the right person for me. All this time, i was fighting the wrong fight. Won't you give me another chance? " He said.

I was still too shocked to give any sensible reply.

" Aparna, I damned love you to hell or heaven. I didn't have the courage to even accept it. If I hadn't met you, maybe I would have never had that courage in my life. Now, I do. For the first time in my life, I am taking a decision without needing approval of anyone! " He said with happy tears on his eyes.

" But I don't Shiva. I don't have that courage. Do you really think I can accept to marrying you right away? " I said.

" Do you love me or not? " He asked raising his brows.

I shook my head and looked down.

" Answer Aparna! " Shiva said tugging my hand.

" I do! You fool! You took two months to sober up ! You drunk ass! I love you! If I didn't why would I be even sitting here! " I nearly shouted on his face.

Shiva laughed a bit and was thinking deeply.

" Okay, how about this, we have done this all the time. Will you be with me for just one day? " Shiva asked me.

" One day? " I asked more confused.

Shiva moved my bag away from my hold and held both of my hands.

" Just one day, for the rest of my life. But this time, this day doesn't end with the clock striking 12 at midnight, this one day, I want it to last forever. " He said.

I bit back my smile and looked at him.

" What if your amma doesn't accept me? " I asked.

" Don't worry, I know what my amma needs and I will buy you all the gold that my amma asks" He said.

" I won't work in your office " I said.

" Anything is fine with me. You can start your own firm, I will always support you " He said.

" What if Michael takes revenge on you? " I asked.

" I am not any less evil than him. " Shiva said.

" What if Anjali comes again? " I asked laughing.

" She is going to Jail " He said.

I laughed at his statement and looked at his eyes.

" By the way Aparna, my knees are hurting, can't you just accept my proposal? , I am just asking for one day! " Shiva said.

" Are you sure about one day? " I said bringing my face closer to his.

" Yes, from the start, we were good with one day. Let's go on with that. " Shiva said smiling.

Finally, the fear was gone and I kissed Shiva with all my might. He kissed me back. I was not ready to let him go. It was as if, nothing wrong ever happened. It was as if, our first kiss. Shiva placed a small kiss on my forehead and stood up.

I was crying happy tears and Shiva hugged me tightly.

A fake cough broke our thoughts and we looked around. All the people in the lounge were looking at us.

I instantly hid behind Shiva, he picked up my bag and we both ran out hand in hand.

" When are we getting married? " I asked Shiva as we were walking out of the bus stop.

" As soon as possible " Shiva said.

" Why? " I asked.

" We have wasted lots of time already. Imagine how many kisses and make out sessions we already lost! " Shiva said laughing.

" That's really a great loss " I said laughing.

We reached his bike, and I suddenly remembered a bigger problem.

" Shiva, we have another problem " I said.

" What is that? " He asked confused.

" You know right, I can convince my parents. There is someone who I cannot. " I said.

" Don't worry, I will convince anyone. Who is that? " Shiva said confidently.

" Shwetha " I said biting my lips.

Shiva gulped hard and looked at our hands together.

" Should I just fall at her feet? That is the easiest way. What is your opinion Mrs. Aparna Shiva?" He said smiling at me.

" That is the right decision for the well being of our relationship Mr. Shiva! I will join you! " I said and we both laughed together.

I hope we can live one day at a time, filled with all this love and dreams about tomorrow. One day at a time.

The new year began for us with this new found courage.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 5.3K 65
(NOT EDITED CURRENTLY) |•| Sidhart Singhania, A cold ruthless yet successful businessman... Meera Khanna, A sunshineyy doctor... Sidhart was gettin...
4.5M 26.9K 6
#1 in General fiction and Romance for a long time An Arranged marriage! Why not ? Marrying a Stranger? Why..... what the hell? Arranged marriage...
933K 38.3K 54
| Complete | ✅ They stared into each others eyes and everything seemed completely oblivious to them. Raw emotions of love and care were floating in...
58.6K 4.6K 17
Samira , when develops a huge crush on her senior Aahan , things don't go her way; will her life change? or this crush ends just like how most people...