Love In MonoSyllables

By Enticing_Romantic

#5 in KISSES (01/07/21) #13 in ALAN (13/06/21) Are words really required to fall in love? Or are actions eno... More

Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine (Part One)
Chapter Twenty-Nine (Part Two)
Chapter Thirty (Part One)
Chapter Thirty (Part Two)
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty (Part One)
Chapter Forty (Part Two)
Epilogue

Chapter Thirty-Six

1.8K 113 26
By Enticing_Romantic

Syllable For The Day - 'Reason'

-----

KIERA'S POV

It was an emotional turmoil when Alan confessed that he was the one to kiss me. Also when he told me that I had stolen his first kiss, at the same place. Also, when he spoke so much.

It was inevitable for me to breakdown since I was holding it for such a long period of two months. I finally felt free and I finally felt the weight lift off of my chest.

I was happy to have my favourite KFC and more happy because Alan had bought it without me having to say. I did crave for it, just didn't tell him. But alas, he read my mind. 

Alan happened to drop all the bags in my room and now, I had no space to walk in this spacious big room. I didn't realise that I actually had tried this many clothes. I sighed.

I took out all the clothes and I knew what I had to keep and what I had to return. I made a pile and was smiling internally to see the pile that I was to return was small compared to the ones I was going to keep. 

I put the ones in their respective bags and put them aside. Now with the ones I was tot keep, they were definitely not going in my bag, so I decided to use the closet until I was here and think about how to pack them later when I would be leaving. 

Not a shock, but it was a walk-in closet. I set my clothes in and sighed since I was so tired. I fell on my bed and sighed. I hadn't even changed my clothes yet. 

I went and took a quick shower and wore a black camisole and a pair of grey cotton shorts. I felt fresh after the bath and my sleep was lost. I groaned and walked out to get some water and I met Alan there.

"Still awake?" He asked me as I fetched myself a glass of water. I hummed and drank water. I kept the glass and gave Alan a look.

"I was sleepy but after the shower, my sleep just went away. Now, I'm wide awake." I said and acted to open my eyes with my fingers. I sighed and sat on the couch. 

I switched the television on and scanned through Netflix to see if there was something I could watch. I wanted to see a movie or at least something that would make me fall asleep it just would pass my time. 

While scrolling, I happened to find a movie called 'Set It Up'. It wasn't a new release but I had remembered the female lead from Ed Sheeran's Perfect' music video. She was one of Eva's favourites, too.

I started the movie and seemingly it was good. It was light and funny. I suddenly felt what would've happened if I actually complete my assistant course and joined an office. Would that have ended up like this? 

I chuckled. 

"What's funny?" I heard Alan's voice. I looked up to see Alan with a bowl of popcorn. My eyes widened in surprise and I smiled widely. He sat beside me and gave me the bowl. I immediately popped one in my mouth.

"When did you make one?" I asked him and he just smiled. I happily munched some more. 

"What was funny?" He asked me again. I made an 'o' face.

"I was just wondering if I had completed my assistant course with Grace, where would I have been today. Also, if I would've been working as an assistant, would I be the same." I told him since he couldn't stop but pry on what was making me laugh.

"Oh." He said and settled on the couch, next to me. We both watched the movie quietly but my mind couldn't stop but drift towards Alan. I had noticed that he again had started speaking in his regular monotone.

Even though his monotone, it was comfortable. I could feel his curiosity unlike how it was in the past. The Alan now and the Alan I had met first felt like two different people. I was glad that he had changed himself for the better.

When Alan told me that my kiss had pushed him to change, I was at a loss for words. A part of my mind thought how much impact it was on the previous Alan and another part thought about how was he even before the kiss.

I realised that I had completely diverted my mind from the movie to Alan, who was no less interesting than watching a movie. I looked at him to find him dozed off. I couldn't believe how serene he looked while sleeping. 

For a guy who said to have a hard time sleeping, he sure slept a lot. I shook my head and went to his room to get him a blanket. It was impossible that I was waking him up from the little sleep he had. 

I brought the blanket and was contemplating how to put it on him when my phone rang. I immediately rushed, so Alan wouldn't wake up,  to my previous place and sat while I answered the call because it was Eva.

"Hey Era!" I heard her scream in excitement. I smiled hearing her voice after two months. My happiness knew no limits today. It was one of the best days. 

"Hi, Eva. How are you?" I asked her. 

"I'm great and I'm back. Just tell me when you'll get free and I'll come and pick you up and we can have dinner and spend some time together! There is so much I have to tell you and..." I cut her statement off because she was too excited.

"You wanna pick me up? Okay. Get to the airport and take a flight to London and I'll come to pick you up." I teased and I heard her gasp.

"In London? What are you doing over there?" She asked shocked by my statement.

"Well...it's a long story. I'll let you know when I come back because...even I have so much that I have to tell you!" I squealed and suddenly I was mute. 

Alan somehow happened to slip down and placed his head on my bare thighs. My breath had stuck in my throat. His silky soft hair was making it too difficult for me, to not get aroused. 

"...ERA?!" I heard a scream and I looked at the phone that had been resting away from my ears. 

"Oh, Eva. I'm...uh...sorry. It's actually 1.00 a.m. I...have to sleep." I muttered glad that I could actually form a statement.

"Oh, damn. I completely forgot about the time difference. You go and sleep and let me know when you're back home." She said and I hummed. 

"I missed you, Eva," I told her. I hadn't even left a single message in the process of letting her have her entire concentration on Celine. 

"I missed you, too, Era. Just come back, soon." She said and I hummed happily.

"I will. Bye." I said and she hung up after saying her ending greetings. I looked at the phone smiling happily. I kept the phone on the table and looked down to my lap. 

I caressed Alan's hair and he moved his head making me tickle. I decided not to do something that will harm my sanity. The blanket had fallen in the process of me running to the phone. 

I somehow managed to pick it up and now I knew how to cover Alan. Amazing. I taunted myself and put the blanket on him. My legs were covered a bit and I was glad. I let my hand rest on the left armrest and put my head over it. 

I kept looking at Alan before sleep finally caught my eyes and I was in deep sleep. 

-----

ALAN'S POV

My eyes suddenly opened and I saw the TV in front of me. I blinked and turned my face above only to open my eyes as wide as it could go. I saw Kiera's face hanging on the shoulder of the couch. 

I woke up with the speed of light. I sat and looked at Kiera's exposed thighs that were red, indicating that I had clearly been sleeping on her thighs. I took in deep breaths. I can't believe I was sleeping like that. 

It was a very intimate action for me. 

Kiera shivered and I realised that I had the blanket with me and now she was completely uncovered. I wanted to control the daze that covered my mind but at the same time, I was liking it. 

I moved closer to her, so I can cover her with the blanket. I put the blanket on top of her. I stretched my left arm from the back of Kiera's head so I could pull the other side above but Kiera moved and settled on my arm and moved to the crook of my shoulder.

I froze mid-air.

She turned and nestled into my body and I didn't dare breathe. Her one hand around my stomach as she held it and slept. I, on the other hand, didn't even blink.

I finally took a deep breath not understanding what I should do next. Using my right hand, I covered Kiera on the left side and tucked her on the back of her shoulder. I let the blanket lay under my arm and settled in. 

The way Kiera held onto me, it felt like I could protect her. I wanted to hold her but I would never do that until we would willingly take a step ahead and I could hold her without feeling my entire body system trying to shut down and me wanting to hold it open. 

I wanted to hold Kiera comfortably and just feel the warmth and not think much. I wanted to be that comfortable with her. 

I knew I could do it if I push myself a little and also if I let out the things that I've held inside me for so long. I wanted to give Kiera what she deserved.

I didn't realise how these thoughts made me fall asleep, even though I was still wrapped in Kiera's thoughts.

-----

"Alan!" I heard and opened my eyes to see Kiera's sleepy eyes looking at me. I looked down at her and she wiggled.

"Let go, I have to pee!" She yelled and wiggled again. I looked to release that my arms had enclosed around her preventing her from moving.

I immediately loosened my hold and let her free. She bolted with the speed of light. I only then realised how urgent it was.

She came back and looked at me. She said nothing but took back the same place she was at.

"Since you're still making up to me, I'll enjoy this spot, willingly now." She muttered in a sleepy tone. I didn't know how to react but I stayed still.

"You do know some words would make me feel better, right?" She asked and I chuckled.

"This spot is only yours," I told her, a truth that I had now known. It was only for her. I had never been in such an intimate position with anyone else and couldn't imagine it with anyone apart from Kiera.

"Damn you! You can't be this intense early in the morning. My eyes are still half-closed but cheeks are covered in complete blush." She muttered and I looked down to see that she was being honest.

Sometimes I felt, people around me were a lot honest than I was. They learned to be honest from me but unlike me, they always happen to word out their honest opinions or thoughts.

"I'll remember," I muttered and my left hand caressed Kiera's hair. She let out a soft moan and I gulped. Everyone had an early morning situation.

"Era, don't you want..." I was about to speak when I heard a squeal.

"Oh, my God! I could not imagine what my eyes are seeing!" A voice said quickly. I looked up to see Darcy; the housekeeper, say those words before I could move.

Kiera almost jumped after that statement and seemed really wide awake now. She nervously set her hair.

"I'm so glad to see that though. I never thought you'd get a person next to you, let alone a girl in such position." She blabbered. She was now thirty-five and loved gossip. So I could expect this to be her favourite story in the long run.

"Darcy." I almost warned. She just flipped my warning off and walked over to Kiera.

I regretted giving her the key.

"Such a lovely girl you are. May I know what your name is?" She asked over excitedly.

"Kiera," Kiera muttered, giving her a warm smile. I looked at how lovely she looked, even in the morning. I felt whipped.

"Such a lovely name. I suggest you go freshen up, I'll cook something." She said to Kiera and I gave her a look. Kiera gave me a shy glance before she walked to her room.

"I regret giving you a key," I said and Darcy gave me a wink.

"Today is the day I'm glad I had a key. The scene was rarer than having a real diamond ring in my finger." She muttered and walked to the kitchen. I just sighed.

-----

Unlike yesterday, when I was struggling to see that Kiera had slept next to me, I was calm today. I had wrapped my head around the fact that I had slept this close to Kiera.

Taking this as a chance, I walked to my room. I took my phone and called one person who would be happy to hear this.

"Billy," I said and she groaned on the other side. 

"Bloody hell, Alan! You've taken an oath to ruin my sleep. No matter what happens, how can you manage to call while I'm sleeping?!" She screamed and then I remembered the time difference.

"Sorry," I muttered and she sighed.

"After two months you finally called. Go ahead, with what you want to say." She said and

"Era is here." I first informed her. She let out a gasp.

"My goodness, girl! She came chasing you down??" She asked excitedly. No hint of sleep was heard in her tone.

"Yes." I heard another gasp.

"I so want to meet her." She squealed like a little child.

"You will. We'll come back soon. I...I want to cure myself." I said to her.

"Alan...no one must know but I know how hard this must be for you. I know you're making efforts for this. I'm your doctor and a friend, I've seen you for a long time battling with that. Are you really ready to let go?" She asked me and I sighed closing my eyes.

"I am. I slept... holding Era. No nightmares. Felt Comfort." I informed her. She was a person who had put a lot of effort into making me take the right path.

"Wow. I can't believe this. You've really grown a lot. I can't believe my efforts are finally being shown. I should thank Era for it." Billy said sounding excited.

"Kiera, for you," I said. A hint of possessiveness had captured my tone. I then realised how this feeling had become normal to me, like my second nature.

"Possessive, huh?! Anyways, since you've finally taken this decision, I won't let your steps fall back. Do you know the difference between previous times and this time? Previously, you had no strong reason to want to be cured. Now, you want to provide Kiera with the comfort and love that she deserves. It's your strong desire, to provide for her." She made me understand. I kept thinking about her words.

"True," I said, agreeing to her statements. I couldn't imagine myself saying this a few months back.

"I'm glad. But you still talk so less to me, I'm hurt." She huffed and I chuckled. I can't believe she was a doctor with the antics she pulled.

"Only for Era," I said and suddenly realised that my thoughts were already out of my mouth. I shut my eyes tightly.

"Look at what love does to people. I can't believe I heard you being cheesy like that. I could've almost died of an attack." She exaggerated, as usual.

"Solution and advice," I said wanting to come to the main talk. I had decided to tell her the truth but what were the actual steps that would help me, could be enlightened by Billy only.

"You first have to let go of your cards in front of her. Let go of the fear that has brought you here. Your condition is related to your mental condition which can only be solved once they are put down. The fear and insecurity have to be gone. I'm sure she would understand when you tell her. And, if possible try to start touching so you get used to it." She suggested and I hummed.

It wasn't much difficult from what I had thought to do but after Billy saying the same words, I knew why those actions were very important and what effect they would have.

"I will, thank you," I said to her, sincerely. I wanted to do it and I knew if I wanted it so bad, I wasn't going to let go no matter the consequences.

"And, don't forget to use protection when you have it. I still didn't have my kids so you're not allowed yet to..." Once I realised what she was telling me my cheeks turned red.

"You need sleep, bye," I muttered and hung up the call as I felt my heartbeat accelerate. I wasn't repulsing to the thought of it and it was a sign that I was walking ahead towards crossing this hardest bridge in my life.

And, I'll cross it soon.

-----

A/N - So, I just want to say, hey! I know I have been completely M.I.A but I had a block and also I was having a few issues that I could hardly concentrate on writing. Since I didn't want to let you guys down, I couldn't have uploaded a small chapter after such a long wait or not put a worthy chapter. So, since I wanted to make it the best possible outcome it could have, I could only wait.

I hope you guys aren't angry at me that I didn't upload for almost 10 days now. I'm sorry but I was really stuck. I hope you guys loved this chapter.

ShieTheuri. I just want to say thanks for being there. I wanted to dedicate a chapter to you for a long time and I finally did it. And I'm happy and glad. I hope you liked this chapter as much as I wanted you to love it. Thank you for your support and continue with your support. Your message had helped me push myself to cross the block.

Also, palak1974, Your constant support has been a motivation for me to write. Thank you so so much. Please do continue with your love and support.

Also, 10K views!!! Thank you so much for your support. I'm so happy to see your such constant support that I can't tell you. Thank you!!

Until the next chapter, which I'm gonna make a blast, I hope you guys enjoyed this.

With lots of love, Nia.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.3K 1.1K 60
"You only live once." This is the overly used excuse that we use every time we make a decision and that's fine because it's true. This also goes with...
1K 169 20
"Kiss me,"he says slowly and seductively and I feel that urge deep in my spine."please," he looks into my eyes his pupils are dialated so much. I lea...
684K 31.8K 75
She hadn't realized that she was completely naked under him. His hands were everywhere, sending spit of fire on every single spot of her body. He was...
2.6M 98.9K 34
'The asshole' is back! You first met him in Just Tell Me You Love Me. And now he's back. And so is she, Allyson Cassidy. Adam Murray fell in love wit...