Flaws

By urperfectpenny05

As Calliope struggles with her social anxiety, she meets people that understand her. She finds ways to help h... More

Chapter 1:The Great Beginning
Chapter 2:The new schedule
Chapter 3: I can tell
Chapter 4: What color?
Chapter 5: Compliments
Chapter 6: Just like the books

Chapter 7: Rules

3 0 0
By urperfectpenny05

This chapter might be too long for some people but I promise to make it shorter next chapter! sorryyyyy. ENJOY!

***********************************************************************************************

I woke up to us still in the same position. I lifted me head out of the crook of his neck. I looked past his shoulder to find an empty bed. 'Did she spend the night with Cam' I thought. Chandler started to wake up, the sun hit him directly in the face. I turned to lay on his chest and whispered in his ear. 

"Good morning, Mr. Chandler" 

He opened his eyes and smiled. He started stretching, "A good morning indeed, Calliope". My heart melted right on the spot, the way his raspy voice said my name completely sent shivers down my spine. 

"What time is it m'lady" 

I reached over to my drawer and grabbed my phone. Along with 11 messages, all from Nova. I read him the time "9:43" 

"Fuck, I'm going to be late for work" He quickly leaped up, tossing me to the end of the bed.  He quickly shoved his shoes on. "Wanna hangout when I get back? I get out at 2:30" 

"L-Like a date?" I quickly asked. He smiled ear to ear, "I mean if you insist Geez" he sarcastically stated while brushing his hair out of his face. I laughed. He came and kissed my head. "Well you know where to find me" I smirked. He glanced at me as I saw the door behind him close. I let out a sigh and remember Nova texted me like crazy. 

         Nova: I'm sorry 

'She should be' 

       Nova: I'm just looking out for you 

      Nova: Not that you need it though! 

      Nova: I'm just doing my job as an older sister. 

     Nova: You know that. 

     Nova: Please answer me, I'm starting to worry. 

     Nova: Are you really that mad, Callie? 

    Nova: Hellllooooo?

   Nova: I totally forgive you for cursing me out by the way! 

'Even the text was full of sarcasm'

    Nova: Fine but just know since you're ignoring me, your coming to this huge party next weekend! You have 5 minutes to respond. If you do, that means you are alive and your not coming to the party. If you don't, that means your coming. Or you're probably dead. 

I checked the time she sent that message. 2:42 a.m 

'Fuck'. Knowing Nova she is not going to let me stay in next weekend, she will do whatever it takes for me to get my ass to that party. She doesn't take no for an answer. 'Fuck' I thought once more as I read her last message. 

    Nova: I guess you're coming! We are going to look so HOT ;)  

I respond, hours later hoping she will say she understands if I'm not up for it.

      Me: No Nova, I'm not going. I had my phone off last night.

     Nova: Ha. I don't care. You're coming. You never have your phone off. What happened? 

     Me: Long story. Has something to do with Chandler. 

     Nova: Chandler? like Leah's twin brother Chandler? Chandler Jacob? 

    Me: All of the above. 

    Nova: Did he hurt you? 

Nova may be annoying and bossy, but she will always be protective when it comes to family. Did I mention she may be annoying? 

     Me: No. We fell asleep together and had a moment.  

    Nova: Slept together? as in sex? OMG did you guys have sex!? 

   Me: No! Can you not read? I said WE FELL ASLEEP not WE SLEPT TOGETHER

   Nova: Same thing. Anyway you are not off the hook. It's actually a party at one of Chandlers friends house. They rent a house and there's like 16 guys living there. Maybe you'll see him there. Has he mentioned anything? 

   Me: No 

'Maybe he's not going, so he didn't mention it' I tried finding an excuse. 'Or maybe he made plans to spend time with me instead' I smiled at that thought. 

I started to gather my things to get cleaned up for the day. I heard a knock at the door and had a suspicious look on my face. I looked around the room trying to see if Chandler forgot something. I swung the door open. It was Leah. 

"Why didn't you use the key?" 

"Well I didn't know if Chandler was still here and I didn't want to walk in on you guys like what If I did. Ewww Oh m gee is he still here? Is he naked? Please don't tell me he's nak-" she was rambling and it felt like it was never going to end. I pulled her arm, yanking her out of the hallway.  

"He's not here, Where the hell were you?!" 

She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. "I slept over at Cam's" she said it as if it wasn't a big deal at all. I know she was dying inside. 

"You guys slept together?" I whispered as if someone was in the hall eavesdropping on our conversation. 

"No! Geez. I'm not a slut Callie. I don't sleep with every cute guy I see" she looked hurt. 

"I know that" 

"Okay we need rules" 

I nodded in agreement. 

"First off, no talking about the sex. I do NOT want to hear about my brother in bed, Got it?" 

I felt my face turn bright red, my cheeks were not heating up. "Trust me, you do NOT have to worry about that rule" I assured her. 

"Wait...Are you..a virgin?" 

My eyes completely went huge, I just stared. I forgot how to speak. Eventually my eyes dried out from opening them so wide. 

"I guess that's a yes, It's okay. I understand, you're waiting for the right one right?" 

I nod. "I don't want to break your amazing heart but... he's experienced" 

"Of course he is" I blurted out. "Oh my god, I'm sorry I-I wasn't thinking" 

"Well if you ever need any tips, I guess I could help" she shivered at the thought. 

"It's fine, honestly" 

Nova already told me the basics, so did Aria. That mean't I had the best teacher in town because Aria is defiantly...experienced. With a lot of people.  Leah continued on with the rules and we both signed it.

1. No sex talk

Goes both ways since she was technically seeing Cameron

2. Send a text that the room will be occupied 

3. No third wheeling 

4. Double dates 

5. No PDA that will make the other person throw up. Pecks were okay, but the french will be displayed somewhere else. 

Once we established all the rules, she headed out to get breakfast and I went to freshen up. I turned the corner and saw Cameron standing at my door. I hadn't talked to him since he embarrassed me. He looked like he needed sleep, and coffee. 

"Leah isn't here" I rolled my eyes as I unlocked the door. 

"We both know that's not why I'm here Calli-" 

"What? You came to embarrass me again!?" I was now causing a scene which caused him to lower his voice. 

"Calliope, I'm sorry!...I was trying to impress Leah by being a bad ass. I should've never said that" he looked hurt and sad. I shook my head no. 'Why was he sad? He embarrassed me!' 

"Well that wasn't very bad ass of you"

I was now furious with him, he embarrassed me. His best friend. Just to impress a girl. A girl who was now my best friend.  

"I know, I know. I'm sorry" 

"We're okay. I'm still pissed at you." 

He nodded and didn't say a word. There was silence and he still looked hurt. 

"Look Cam, if you like her...tell her. Don't drag me down with your insecurity's" 

"You're right. I'm sorry" 

"I'm always right. C'mon Leah's bringing breakfast" 

          Me: Bring food for Cam 

         Leah: You sure?

         Me: Yes.

30 minutes later Leah arrived with the breakfast. We all went in to eat. It wasn't awkward. We talked for about an hour or two.

"So how was the party?" I put a hand over my mouth as I chewed. They looked at each other. 

"It was fine" "Good" they both said at the same time. I gave them a look because they were acting strange. 

"Why are you guys acting so weird? Did you guys kiss or something?" 

They both turned a bright pink. "No" they both awkwardly laughed. 

"Then what?" 

"We just didn't know if we should talk about the party because you seemed like you really wanted to go and you know the whole situation that happened yesterday" Leah looked at Cam.

"Oh, guys it's fine. Honestly. Yes I'm still pissed at Cam but it'll wear off and of course I will always bring up that incident to make him vulnerable"

He rolled his eyes as in 'Great'. "It was honestly so cool Callie. It was sort of like high school parties but with adults" Cam explained sounding exited when he said the word 'Adult'.

"Sooo...that whole situation with Chandler, how's that going for ya?" Cam teased me like we were in 3rd grade and had a crush. 

"Well amazing because he's amaz-" my smile now disappeared from my face. I remembered I was still in a relationship.

"Are you okay?" Leah said getting worried. 

"I-I'm still with Kian" I bit the inside of my cheek. 

Leah rolled her eyes and let out a sigh, "Give me your phone" 

I handed it to her, "What are you doing?" I tried to look. 

"I'm doing what you won't, I'm breaking up with Kian for you" she said as she smiled like it wasn't a big deal. I gasped and covered my eyes with my hands. "Just try not to be mean. Please, he's so sweet and if you're mean to him, he would know it wasn't me that sent that text because I would never in a million years be mean to him and then he just wouldn't be able to forgive me so just-". "Mmmhm sure" she said, I don't think she heard a word I said. 

"Anddd...done" she smiled and handed me my phone back. Cameron and I both grabbed the phone to read the message, we both gasped at the same time. It read: 

     Me: Kian, I am so sorry but I don't think I can do this anymore. I'm just not cut out for long distance and I know this is a shitty way to end things but I just can't hear your voice when I say this. I don't think we should be together anymore. You will always be a close friend. Wish you well!  

"This is perfect! You weren't mean at all. Well you might've hurt his feelings with the whole friend part bu-" my phone buzzed. 

     Kian: I totally understand! I was actually thinking the same thing I just didn't know how to tell you. Good thing you have the balls! I wish you well too, friend. 

"Well what did he say?" Leah asked clapping her hands. I handed her the phone. I felt this sort of freedom now, like he was a burden, which is honestly so mean. I felt hurt too. He said he loved me and all but yet he was thinking about breaking up with me too. I quickly shot that feeling down. 

"Okay! Now that that's taken care of-" she handed me my phone back. "I'm going to the bathroom" I completely cut her off and ran out. I called my dad, he was also my best friend alongside Nova and Cam and now Leah too. I'm still sort of upset with Nova but I'm already going to fill her in this weekend. He picked up on the third ring. 

"Hey ugly! How's school been so far?" he sounded relieved. "It's been pretty good...how have you been?"

"Well I'm taking a little break from work rig-" 

"What? why are you taking a break?" I cut him off. 

"I've just been tired that's all" he sounded distracted.  

"Oh..Okay. Well get lots of sleep and I just wanted to call and tell you that Kian and I aren't together anymore" 

There was silence, "You met someone else or?" he spoke slowly, trying to process. 

"..Yeah" 

"Well you should bring him down for Thanksgiving" I could hear him smiling through the phone. He was purposely torturing me.

"I-I'm not sure if he has plans but..I'll d-definitely bring it up, but I'll honestly forget because..ha... you know uh Thanksgiving isn't until a month from now and-" I rambled. 

"Well I'll remind you" 

"You've actually already met him for like 10 minutes" There was silence once again meaning he was confused. 

"He helped jump start the car" I reminded him. It took him a few seconds to remember since the car is always breaking down and so many people have stopped to help us. Embarrassing. 

"Oh HIM?...what a fine gentleman he is. He's funny too, I like that. Kian wasn't funny...Well he was, but he wasn't original with his jokes"

I laughed nervously, it was weird to hear my dad talking about Kian and Chandler in the same sentence. 

"Are you and Nova talking?" He changed the subject. 

"Ehh, I'm still sort of pissed at her, she invited me to a party next weekend on Friday" 

He let out a frustrated sigh, "Stop being so uptight. You should really go to that party and talk to Nova, she's your best friend. You need to loosen up and have some fun, you deserve it. Stop worrying about what will happen next and start living the moment" he took a deep breath in as if he said all that in one breath. "You're right" 

I left the bathroom and Cam was still there so we continued talking and laughing, it was such a relief hanging out because it was Saturday. No school. No people. No Elijah. Not that I don't like Elijah, he's awesome to be around. I just want to stick with one guy. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Leah went and opened it. It was Chandler, he looked really good. He was wearing khaki colored straight jeans with a white t-shirt and his leather jacket. He said hey to Leah and she let him in, he gave a friendly fist bump to Cam. Once he got to me he gave me a warm smile then he hugged me, tightly. I liked his hugs, we've only hugged twice but I love them already. He gives me tight secure hugs that make me feel wanted and safe. I forget about everything when he hugs me, all my problems and worries float in despair. 

"You're out early, I thought you didn't get out until 2:30?" I glanced at him and then his hand.

"It's actually 3," he pointed at my phone to check the time.

"Oh wow, we've been hanging out and talking I didn't realize" I looked at Leah and Cam.

"You guys heading out?" Leah asked, smiling widely. "Yeah we are, ready Ms. Calliope?" he asked, tilting his head to me.

"I just need to change, I won't take long"

"I'm coming with you" Leah squealed. She picked up a few outfits from her closet and mine and grabbed my makeup bag.

We ran quickly to the public bathrooms. "Do you know where you guys are going?"

"No clue" I shrugged my shoulders as I applied some makeup on.

"I'm so excited for you guys"

"Relax, this is the first time we hangout... alone. We aren't even dating." Once I said this I got butterflies in my stomach. 'How could someone I've only hung out with a few times give me this feeling?' I thought.

"This is different, I can tell." She sounded happy for him. I smiled at her through the mirror.

"How do I look?" I gave her a twirl. I was wearing dark denim straight jeans, a silk white top with my converse.

She smiled and said, "Like my sister in law". 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

863 4 24
"Oh I love it and I hate it at the same time" In which Chris's childhood bestfriend jade Wilson falls unexpectedly in love with her bestfriend. What...
5.3K 858 36
After the tragic loss of his mother, Rylie Collins returns to his hometown for his freshman year, only to find himself struggling to cope with grief...
4.7K 285 29
When the doctor tells you that your dad has less than six months left to live it changes you as a person. It makes you scared to leave his side becau...
1.2K 49 37
Between trying to be independent in Uni, fighting nightmares and anxiety, Jane-Tashely had never given love the time of day, she already had her plat...