Living With Animals

By SavWrites22

BOOK TWO IS UP HIGHEST RANKINGS- #1 out of 6k in living- #1 out of 958 in Leukemia-#2 out of 1.14k in cancer... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
A/N
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chaoter 49
Chapter 50 y'all!!!!!!!!
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60! THE LAST CHAPTER BEFORE BOOK 2
Epilogue/Preview
YALL

Chapter 15

277 1 0
By SavWrites22

Claira's P.O.V.

Same time as last chapter ended

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Lilia's eyes bulge out of her head and I swear, she almost falls out of the seat she's sitting in next to Tucker and my brother, when she goes to stand up."

"Mom?" she squeaks, voice filled with disbelief.

"We did it. I have proof. You can have our fingerprints and check our DNA. We did it because we were getting sued because we had stolen both of their cars and a few other personal belongings. It would have landed us in jail for at least 20 years, because we also had used weapons at first. We stole from them because we are running low on money, and would go broke and homeless."

"So you framed my parents and almost got them over 20 years in prison. One of your friends?" I spit.

"Nevertheless, y'all told me you earned that money, and you also told me you had no idea what happened to Claire's parents!" Lilia exclaims.

"Well then, I think that concludes this. We will do a few more investigations, but as of now Mr and Mrs Johnson, you are innocent. My brother cheers, but I just smile because I know Lilia is sad and embarrassed and all sorts of other emotions. I know. I felt it before.

It dawns on me, where Ellorie and Lilia will stay. I'm certain her parents won't let her stay with Tucker, not that they could because his house is small.

"Claire. Let's go," Jacob says, and grabs my hand, pulling me towards him. He looks back at me and for a second, I'm drowning in his bright blue eyes.

"Claire."

"What-oh, yeah, coming. Let me just, um, go find Lilli."

"Okay," he says, dropping my hand and giving me a smile. I give him a small smile, and head over to Lilia, who is still sitting in her seat, staring at the wall, emotionlessly.

I sit down next to her and wait till she says something, because if I know her, she will. Sure enough she does. And what she says is something I did not expect.

"He's falling head over heels for you so badly that he's tripping over his feet, and your oblivious to it."

"Who?"

"Jacob, dumb-ass," she says, not even looking away from her spot on the wall.

"What do you mean, he hates me."

"Are you stupid? I may not be the smartest person, but I can totally see it in his eyes. AN dthe way he's so protective of you. You were there when he helped after that baseball incident. ANd I saw him stop one of your panic attacks. I was going to help but he went instead. I didn't want to overwhelm you so I let him. Claira, I know love when I see it and that is love."

"God Lilia, your like the Aphrodite of the real world." She laughs at the inside joke from when were kids. She was Aphrodite for 4 years in a row for Halloween.

"Seriously, Claire. You should go talk to him. I've seen the way you look at him."

"Lilli, I just got out of a relationship."

"Yeah, a stupid relationship that the guy obviously didn't care about you."

"How compassionless, stupid, heartless, obnoxious, rude, narcissistic, and how much of a douche he is, is irrelevant to this conversation. And not right now, I have stuff to do. Like I have to go see my parents."

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"No, I have to deal with them on my own." Lilia knows what i'm talking about.

Lilia knows what has gone on with my dad.

I hadn't thought about it in months. Not since I moved here.

I didn't want to.

I truly hate my dad. I can't look at him or think about him, nevertheless, talk to him.

And then it hits me. If my parents are back, I have to move in with them. Not only does that mean I have to move back to Boston....

I have to move back in with my mom and dad.

I stand up taking in a deep breath, and then exhale. I see my parents talking to Mason and start to head up there.

When I reach them, I can see Mason gulp, as if he knows what's about to go down.

"I'll leave y'all alone."

"Mason," I say through gritted teeth, then tilt my head signaling for him to stay here.

He shakes his head and I sigh. SO much for having a twin to help you out.

"Hey mom!" I say cheerfully, engulfing her in a hug.

Though my mom can be a pain in the ass, I love her. My mom and I are so much alike, it scares me.

"Claire! How are you? How are you feeling? Is everything okay?"

"Mom, I'm fine. Honestly, I'm getting much better."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I'm feeling better."

"Okay, you haven't had any complications or problems while you've been here, correct?"

"No," I lie.

"What happened when you first walked in here?"

"Panic attack."

"Oh. Are you alright?"

"Yeah. Jake helped me," I quickly respond, tired of the question "are you okay?" and every other variation of it.

"What did I hear you call me, Claira?" Jacob asks, walking up to me at the mention of his name.

"Do you have enhanced hearing or some shit Jacob? I swear, you can hear your name being called from miles away."

"Language, Claira," my dad warns, sending chills throughout my spine.

"Hey, Dad," I say quietly, turning towards him. I accidentally lose my balance and fall onto Jacob.

I feel him catch me, and slide his arms under mine holding me back up.

"You ok?" Jacob asks.

"Yeah, fine. Thanks." I give him a look and he knows exactly what it means. Please stay here with me. He nods and I smile in appreciation.

"So, Claire? Who's this?"

"This is Jacob. You know, Isabelle's son? She has 7." He raises his eyebrows is surprise, as if he didn't know this. "He's just my friend. He helped with my chemo, and he's there for me. He's like a brother to me, when Mason isn't. He shaved his head with me," I add, taking off my hat.

"Wonderful," he grumbles. I roll my eyes. "Are you going to give me a hug or not?" My heart beats fast, and I walk up to my dad and he wraps his arm around me. THen he leans down to my ear and whispers ina quiet voice.

"That was all your fault we were in there," he says, highly agitated. I unwrap my arm from his and make up an excuse.

"I have to go find Lilia," I say and my dad scoffs, while my mom gives a genuinely sweet smile.

I grab Jacobs arm and pull him with me then drag him out to the lobby.

"Jacob. I need ou to keep a secret. You can't tell anyone. You can't tell anyone no matter what. I just need to tell you so you know why I hate my dad, and why he terrifies me. I only tell you this because I need you. And I think you're the only person that can help. And I don't think I could make it through this again. Not alone at least. "

"What do you mean?"

I stutter a breath not wanting to tell him ut knowing I have to.

It's a hard concept to talk about and it still crosses my mind everyday. I don't want to talk about it- but maybe telling him- and only him- can help.

"He abuses me," I say. "He has since I was seven." I feel tears fall down my cheek. "And now I have to go back to the house with him, mom, and Mason. Mason and mom have no clue. Jacob I'm going to have no one. Lord knows what will happen to Lilia."

HE wraps me in his arms, protectively, hugging me tightly as I sob into his shirt.

"It will be okay, Claira. I'll protect you."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Dark turn of events I decided to add. I felt like this needed another turn so I'm sorry if you hate this book now. If you do, then don't even say anything, just leave.

Thank you everyone for reading! Y'all are amazing. I hope to have another chapter up soon but for now I have to go practice for basketball. See y'all later!

-Sav<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 73.1K 49
Book 1 On a werewolfs sixteenth birthday, they finally are granted the senses to seek out their mate. Alyssa and Amy have been friends all their life...
39.9K 1.6K 56
Molly has never felt safe. For four years she has lived in constant fear that the serial killer that murdered her family is coming for her. She has b...
205 18 16
Katelyn has been in and out of the foster system since her mother died when she was young. After her father gets put in jail again, she gets sent to...
248K 7.4K 30
I WILL EDIT THIS WHEN THE BOOK IS DONE!!!! Hey, My names Summer, Summer styles. I live in Los Angeles with my brother. Yes my brother. My father...