Lifeless / error sequal

By khxlix_03

'Is love supposed to cause so much pain ?' 'It only ever caused me pain.' • River West was her first love. An... More

Characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20

10

807 24 8
By khxlix_03

c h a p t e r   1 0 :
r o o f

The roof.

Sophia had told me about this certain part of Greenpeace. She had described it as a spot, a place to get away from reality. She told me to go there whenever I felt down or stressed.

I closed the door behind me. My therapy session was over, I had spend a good two hours in there. But something in me cracked a long the way. Talking, explaining everything to my therapist from the beginning, was exhausting for me, mentally. She knew every detail, every small thing like no one else did. Somehow it terrified me even more now.

I rest my head agains the door for a moment, my eyes looking no where in particular. I inhaled and outhaled but the moment I closed my eyes even for a brief moment, I saw him.

The scene I always saw in front of me whenever I closed my eyes, River laying on the cold ground, rain pouring down, his lifeless body and his eyes dull with no light in them, the glow in them was long go just like his life.

I shook my head.

'promise me something'

I couldn't do this. I stormed through the empty hallway, making my way towards the elevator. I waited patiently while looking behind me to make sure no one saw me. I was about to break the rules, one of the most important one's of this school.

But right now, I couldn't care less.

I entered my room first, looking for the small key Sophia had gaven me. I quickly put it in my pocket and left the my bedroom.

I finally made my way onto the secret floor, the 13th floor. None of the patients had acces to this floor, there was a lock on it. A lock, with a key that only my dad owns. And my sister apparently.

Somehow, Sophia had that key and from the look of it our father didn't suspect a thing. I smiled a little to myself, she was a good sister. She tried to help me and all I did was push her away.

The elevator moved all the way up and came to stop not long after. I stepped out of it, the doors opening slowly. I felt the cold immediately but I wasn't outside yet. In front of me, there was huge metallic door. It was closed obviously. I quickly grab the key and twist the knob.

I immediately feel the cold breeze fresh on my skin. It's quiet and peaceful. No stares, no worries and no problems.

I walked closer to the end of the roof, looking at the beautiful view.

Greenpeace was surrouned by many many trees, only far in the end I saw sign of other buildings and homes.

Sophia was right. This was an escape from reality.

I closed my eyes again, just for a brief moment. Yet even this view couldn't stop my nightmares, nothing could stop what I saw every time I closed my eyes.

His face appeared again.

'promise me something', he says.

'anything.'

I shook my head. I didn't want to experience this again but this time it felt even more real. I opened my eyes, trying to focus onto the view, on anything really. But his voice echoed in my head still.

'Find love again, be happy and let people see the real Angel.'

'I miss you' I whispered, almost inaudible.

It hurt. It hurt so bad.

I lowered my head, my nails dug into my palms, I bit my lower lip and tears started building up in my eyes. I gripped the railing even harder, making it move a little.

'Don't break it.'

A deep voice spoke behind me. I immediately turned around, looking stunned. And there he stood, just casually leaning against the railing far away from where I stood. His eyes curiously taking me in.

I couldn't stop myself from
looking at him. This man was the definition of beautiful. His deep green eyes captured my gaze and he raised an eyebrow, looking at me. His eyes traveled down my figure and back up to my face.

'You're new.'

'I-I am.'

I couldn't stop myself from stuttering. He had caught me in a really bad moment, my cheecks were red and my eyes full of tears, yet I didn't let them fall, not in front of him.

'You're stuttering' he studied my face 'Are you scared of me ?'

'No' I looked away, not able to look at him any longer.

'How did you found out about this place ?'

'My sister told me' I didn't know how to answer him. A flash of realisation seemed to hit through his eyes, indicating he realised who I was talking about.

'Sophia ?' he seemed really amused now, a smirk plastered across his face. My eyes widened even more.

'You know her ?'

'We are acquainted' he seemed to think about it for a second 'but how come you ended up in here ?'

'I'm not gonna share that with you.'

'What a shame' he took a few steps closer making me swallow 'I bet you're on the 10th.'

I didn't answer.

'Ah I'm right ain't I ?' he smirked again, he found this quite amusing.

'Why does it matter ? Just leave me alone.'

'Hmm what a mouth you have'
he shook his head lightly 'I wonder what else it could do.'

My mind bearly processed his words. I took a step forward. I had never seen him before, not even in the cafeteria. But one thing was sure, this man was absolute trouble. And I would not let him scare nor talk to me like that.

'Get you in trouble' I smirked a little 'that's what this mouth can do.'

'Running to daddy ?' he raised an eyebrow and I kept quiet 'believe me I'm not scared of him.'

'So you don't mind me telling him that you went up to the roof ?'

'I have broken every rule in this fucking building' he became more serious, fearful even 'his punishments don't really scare me.'

I did not feel like starting a fight with him. After all I came up here to calm down. He definitely didn't give me the chance to calm down.

Instead of answering him, I turn back, no longer looking at him. My eyes concentrated onto the view again, trying to ignore his presence.

Instead, he came closer. Leaning against the railing, pretty close to me.

I kept looking into the dark sky, filled with stars. Parting my lips, I finally spoke again.

'How do you have a key ?'

His stare burned into my skin, yet I kept looking in front of me.

'Soph gave me one.'

He had a nickname for her, that didn't look like they were just acquaintances.

'Yet she never talked about you' he says in an amusing tone 'which makes you very interesting.'

I finally looked at him, actually really looked at him. Now that he was standing closer to me, I could take in his futures. He had dark green eyes and dirty blond hair, messy. His jawline was sharp, and his cheeckbones stood out. He wore a black hoodie, grey sweatpants and the same air force I wore.

This man looked straight out of a fantasy.

I look away.

'I shouldn't be talking to you' I shook my head looking back in front of me.

'Because I'm all bad and psycho, right.'

He seemed to find this situation very amusing for some reason.

'There is a reason you're here.'

He had to be one of the patients, he didn't seem older then 25 so there's no way he worked here.

'There is indeed' he spoke in a lower voice 'we all do.'

I turned my head back towards him, he was already looking at me.

'Mind telling me ?'

'I do, actually' he smirked once again and I sighed.

He leaned in a little. I could smell his cologne, he smelled like a fresh rainy forest. My senses were filled with his nice smell. Our heads were almost touching, I didn't look at him, instead I focused onto the view.

'It's better for your own good if you don't tell anyone about our little meet.'

He whispered into my ear, and just like that he leaned back. While I kept looking in front of me, his footsteps echoed behind me. I smiled a little as I heard the elevator doors open.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221 2 7
** Trigger Warning ** • Disclaimer: All messages & names have been changed & adapted. This is a novel based on creating awareness for bullying and m...
268K 7.4K 53
𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨: 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘴, 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘳'𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵�...
Altered By Luella M Opal

General Fiction

102 30 30
Have you ever met someone who alters the course of your life? For good or for bad, they've come in, given and taken, and then- BOOM! Your life was...
463 63 12
-Let's get this straight. From a dead end job to a useless crazy ex boyfriend- my happiness is with my best friend yet the fear of our relationship e...