Don't Be Afraid

By kdissorad

Rule #1: Never be alone, have someone always with you, no matter where you are. Rule #2: Don't acknowledged t... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Epilogue
Sequel Update...It's going to be awhile ;(

Chapter Twenty Two

30.4K 597 188
By kdissorad

Edited !-!

A/N: I've just pissed thousands of readers off. OhWhale. Hate me or whatever butI still wuv you. If you have a question then ask on my message board because my PM inbox has so many messages it scares me. I'm not ignoring you, I promise. Sorry I cant reply to all your comments, there is just sooooo many!!!

No matter how bad it gets, keep reading. It will get better, don't cry.

Part Two: How It All Ended

Chapter Twenty Two

You don’t care if something happens to a stranger. Or even a friend. Or even a family member. Of course you pity them; you might feel bad for them. But not really caring. Instead you selfishly think “Well I’m glad that wasn’t me” or “I’m glad that didn’t happen to me”. Don’t try to deny it. Everybody does it.

You never really care until it happens to you. Or affects you. Then that’s when you realize that you should have tried a little harder. Showed more understanding. Done everything you could have done. But by the time these thoughts have come to you, it’s too late; and it’s all gone.

***

There was blackness all around me. Not just blackness; darkness. The kind of darkness you can lose yourself in. And I lost myself in it. Like every night since I was six.

It was darkness until I fell. I fell from the sky and landed on the dry landscape I had the other day. But this time it was something more than a dry landscape.

It was a kingdom.

I’m still lying on the ground now. I couldn’t move. I feel like I broke my spinal cord and the pain was all too real. Too unbearable.

And there was no attractive man to help me up, like there was last time. After what feels like lying there for hours, I start to hear faint footsteps.

As the footsteps get louder, I hear talking and hearty laughter.

“She kept begging me not to do it. She cried and screamed and promised that if I left her alone, then she’ll do whatever I wanted.” The deep throaty voice pauses to chuckle. “And listen to this; she even starting praying and rambling on to me that she was Christian and that she could use God’s wrath to rid of me.”

“Then what did you do, Ohala?” Another man with a throaty voice asks with excitement.

“What did you think I did? I killed her and then ate her. It was some good eaten to; that woman had some fat on her.” The first man says with another throaty chuckle that was joined with the second man’s laughter.

By this time, the footsteps had gotten so close that I could hear every crunch of the dry ground in my ear.

“Hey what’s that, Yandal?” Ohala asks. The footsteps had stopped and now they were just at a standstill. It was really inconvenient that I couldn’t see anywhere except for the sky.

“It looks like a human girl. I think she might be dead! We could eat her!” Yandal screeches. Oh god, I didn’t want to be eaten!

I test my hand to see if I could move it, and I could! I move my hand up to my jean pocket. Surprisingly I had the same clothes on as I did earlier unlike the last visit. I feel into my pocket until I find something cold and hard.

Emery’s ring.

Some little voice in the back of my head told me to put on the ring. For the seconds it took to put on the ring, it felt like someone else was controlling my body.

Once the ring was on my finger I felt a surge of electricity come through me. I quickly hop to my feet and scan the area with newfound strength and confidence.

The two men that were talking before look at me in shock.

They’re repulsive. They were covered in dirt and grime and only were wearing rags as their clothing. They had barely any hair; and the hair they did have looks greasy and stringy. By the look of their torsos, I knew that they were starved. Their ribs where outlined to the most definition and their pale dirty skin was sunken in.

I hold back my cringe.

“I thought you said she was dead, Yandal!” Ohala yells. Yandal shrugs and studies me.

“It doesn’t matter. She’s too scrawny to eat anyways. But she’s a pretty one. I’m sure master will love her. Maybe if we bring her to him, he’ll reward us with food. Maybe even a human.” Yandal responds with a sinister smile. I shudder under his stare.

“Who are you?” I ask demandingly. I don’t know where I got this sudden wave of confidence.

“Who are you?” Yandal asks back. He draws something from his back.

A sword.

I take a fighting stance.

“I’m your worst nightmare. You don’t want to waste my time or I’ll…“ I say trailing off. Yandal smirks.

“You’ll what?” He asks tauntingly, narrowing his eyes.

“I’ll—I’ll eat you!” I say in a strong voice. I see Ohala and Yandal flinch the slightest bit.

“Oh no! Please don’t eat us! We’re nothing but skin and bones and I’m pretty sure we won’t taste good at all—“ Ohala starts but Yandal punches him in his side.

“You’re not going to eat us. And why should we listen to you? All you are is just a kid.” Yandal asks with a knowing smirk.

I need to think of something quick! “Um…um…Well you should listen to me because…um, I am the Chosen One!” I say. This time I see frighten looks in both of their faces.

“The Chosen One! As in THE CHOSEN ONE? Oh Satan. Oh Satan. Oh dear Satan! We must get you to master before he finds out you’re here!” Yandal rambles frighten.

“Come Chosen One. Follow us. We must get you to Father before all hell breaks loose.” Yandal pushes me with the tip of his sword. “Come on now. We don’t have all day!” He yells.

Before he could push me again I grab the sword and yank it out of his hand. I turn it around so that the tip was now at the middle of Yandal’s throat. Ohala starts to cry.

“Who is this Master you speak of?” I ask demandingly. I see Yandal’s adams apple bob as I press the sword deeper into his throat.

“Speak now or I’ll kill you!” I yell.

“M-ma-master is t-the ru-ruler of t-the king-kingdom.” He says sobbing. Maybe this master could get me the hell out of here—wherever I was.

“If I want to go to your Master, then I’ll go on my own freewill; not by the command of whoever you are.” I say. I remove the sword from his throat, turn around, and start to walk towards where a castle looks to be.

About after two steps of walking on my own freewill, the ground starts to shake violently. I fall from where I was standing and land on my knee hard. “Ah!” I screech preparing for the pain that never came.

“Master has found out!” I hear Ohala’s voice shout. Master has found out what? That I’m here? Who’s master, anyway?

Something told me to get up and start running towards the castle that was in the distance. I put all my force into running. I felt like I was running at inhuman speed. I didn’t stop running until I was in front of the castle doors.

I surprisingly open the doors without any trouble. My body leads me to a random path around the castle. I run up a spiral stair case that takes me to two more double doors. Without hesitation, I push the double doors back.

The room was huge. Probably bigger than my whole house. Straight ahead of me was five thrones; but only one was occupied. By the man who was in my last dream.

He had a knowing smirk on his face and his hand was taping the throne’s arm rest. He motions me to come closer by waving his hand.

“Welcome Athena.” He says in his deep voice. Like the last time we met, I almost melt at his words. But this time is different. This time I know who he actually is. I clench my fist together and stalk to I’m in front of his throne.

“I knew you’d come back.” He says looking down at his hand. “So you’re here to up my offer on my marriage proposal, am I correct?” He asks. I almost laugh. I forgot all about his proposition. What does it matter anyway, this is just a dream. Right?

“Ha, no. I really don’t know why I’m here. One minute I’m in a car crash, trying to get rid of Emery or whoever the hell he is; and another minute I wake in a Mental Hospital. You tell me why I’m here; because really, I have no damn clue.” I say through clench teeth. The expression on Lucifer’s face was scary. His smirk that once sat proudly on his face was now gone and replaced with a vicious snarl.

“Jemrikaja!” He booms. His voice carries all around the room and possibly outside the castle. I almost flinch at his voice. A familiar face makes his way into the room.

A cigarette in his hand and an annoyed expression plastered on his face. His black hair looks like he ran his hands through it too many times. He looks really stressed and frustrated.

I gasp; what is he doing here?

“What?!” Emery raises his voice at Lucifer. Lucifer takes a deep calming breath and points to me.

“Care to explain what she’s doing here?” He says in a scary calm voice. Emery takes a glance at me and shrugs.

“She died; I guess.” He says nonchalantly. He takes a deep puff of his cigarette and looks back at Lucifer.

Lucifer seems to calm down a bit, probably not realizing that, that was a possibility. A smirk now plays at his beautiful face.

But I start to freak out. I can’t be dead, can I? All I did was hit my head on the glass window! But after that I woke up. The lady told me that I made this all up! So I didn’t really get in a car crash did I? Or did I? Was I just making up the whole part in being in a mental institute? Maybe I just made up the whole week. Maybe Jesse and Emery didn’t exist; and I didn’t wake up in a mental institute! Maybe I’m dreaming now, and when I wake up it’ll be just me waking up in my bed. Maybe I dreamed the whole week. I’m just too confused to think properly. My head starts to hurt.

“Wait, I can’t be dead. How could I have died?” I say with my eyes squinted closed. I put my hand over my head, trying to get rid of this headache that was starting to form.

“I don’t know. You took a pretty big hit in the head when you hit that hospital floor.” I hear Emery say. How did he see that? I thought I made him up. If I made him up then why is he here now?

“How did you know that?” I ask painfully. My head was really killing me now.

“Obviously, it’s my job to watch you. You’ve had a pretty nasty week. You didn’t make my job any easier by making me watch you kill your mom and your brother. And the way you killed Kyle was bloody disgusting!” Emery says with disgust laced in his words. I shake my head vigorously. No, none of this can be true!

“Shut up! Shut up! SHUT UP! You’re lying! Just shut up.” I yell. I feel my body hit the hard tile floor beneath me as I hear Lucifer and Emery laugh.

“Give it up Athena! You’re already dead! Just enjoy it here in Hell.” I hear Emery’s footsteps come closer to me. Then I feel his hand touch my cheek. “ Don’t be afraid; We’ll treat you like a queen. Well until we get what we want, then you’ll really be soulless.” He whispers. I flail my arms.

“Get off of me Emery!” I yell. Emery just laughs. “What kind of name is Emery? My name is Jemrikaja. Not no bloody Emery.” He says while laughing. I just cringe and curl up in a ball. Everything just hurts.

“Jemrikaja, what’s happening to her?!” Lucifer yells.

“How should I know? I’m not a bloody doctor!” Emery yells back.

And then everything disappears.

***

When I wake up, I don’t open my eyes at first. Because I know where I am by the smell of bleach and the cushion that I was lying on. My arms were wrapped around me in an uncomfortable position. I was still in the mental hospital.

I open my eyes to white all around me. No, not this again! I want to scream. Instead of being in the hospital bed that I was in last time, I was lying on a white cushiony floor. I was in a nut house.

There was no furniture or window like there was last time. I wasn’t tied to a bed, I was in a straitjacket. I start to panic. Why was I still in here? Shouldn’t I be in the car that Kyle wrecked still? Or maybe still in Hell? Shouldn’t I be dead?

I scream as loud as I can to see if anybody will come. I scream in repetition until I hear footsteps outside my cell door. The door opens, and a young man in a laboratory coat walks into the room with two guards by his side.

“Shut up!” One of the guards yells at me. I flinch and stop screaming.

“Craig, don’t be so rude to the patients.” The doctor says. I look back up and look at the doctor. He writes something down on his clipboard.

“Athena, you’ve been asleep for nearly seven days, how do you feel?” He asks. Seven days! No way, it hasn’t felt like seven days.

“Still tired.” I mutter. The doctor writes down a few things and looks back at me.

“Do you feel any pain, nausea, vomiting, headaches, vision problems, breathing issues, coughing, sneezing, or anything out of ordinary?” He asks. I think for a moment.

“I have a really bad headache.” I say. It was true; my head was pounding so hard, it feels like my skull is going to break. He writes the information down on his clipboard.

“Okay, we’ll get you some medication for that headache. Since you’ve behaved for the past week, even though you were just sleeping, I’m going to give you the permission to go in the common room. Just don’t do anything bad, like punch a doctor or bite a patient,” He says with a slight smile. “Or you’ll be punished. If you continue your good behavior then we’ll be able to transfer you to another room; one with actual furniture.” He finishes. So all I had to do is be good, and then I can get out of here? That sounds easy.

The guards pick me up and undo my straitjacket slowly. When I was finally free, I stretch out my aching limbs. It felt so good to be free.

The guards took me by both of my arms and pull me out of the too white room. They take me to a pharmacy looking place, where a tired looking nurse was getting medicine in various paper cups. All of it was liquid.

She hands me three liquid filled paper cups. “This all you need to take.” I don’t respond; what are in the paper cups? What kind of medicine?

“Well drink or we’re going to have to force it down.” She says tiredly like she has done this a million times. I hesitantly take the first cup and smell the liquid. It didn’t smell pleasant. I hold my nose and pour the liquid in my mouth and swallow. I take the other two and do the same. The after taste was horrible, but I don’t gag, not wanting to draw attention.

“Open.” The nurse says. I open my mouth and she takes a popsicle stick thing to check around.

“Good, you’ve swallowed it all.” She says and then heads back behind the counter. The guards take my arms again and pull me into another room. There were multiple sad looking patients wondering around the room. Some were watching TV and some were playing board games. Very few patients were actually with others socializing.

I was kind of pushed into the room when the guard said “Dinner will be ready at six.” And then left without another word.

I walk into the room and sit on a couch. I look at the TV and see that shows from the discovery channel were playing. I sigh and then lay my head on the couch. I knew that I was probably going to be here for the rest of my life.

“Hello, are you new?” A familiar voice asks. I whip my head up so fast I get whiplash. No, it couldn’t be true. I gasp at the familiar blonde boys face. He had a friendly smile on his face and was wearing the same generic gown that everyone had to wear. He was also a patient.

“Jesse?” I whisper. He furrows his brows and looks behind him. “Who’s Jesse? My name is Jay .” He says in confusion.

“No, no, no; you’re Jesse. You remember me? My name’s Athena. We could both see ghost and this demon guy was following us. Then there was this guy named Emery. You didn’t like him. And then we found out that there was this demon guy stalking us. We met two weeks ago; you were my friend. Don’t you remember me?” I whisper the last part. Jesse looks at me like I’m crazy. He takes a few steps back.

“No, we have never met before. I would remember. Um…I have to go to the bathroom. It was nice talking to you. Bye.” He says in a hurry and then runs off to the bathroom. I look back down. Everyone here must be lying! I know that I did not just imagine everything that has happened to me. I was going to figure this out.

I look down at my hand to see the glint of something silver. Emery’s ring. My wrist still held the bracelet that my dad gave me. This was a sign of something. Something that told me not to give up. I knew that this was all a lie; and now I have proof.

***

I woke up to the smell of smoke. I choke and cough. I couldn’t breathe. My eyes were burning. I rub at them trying to get the pain to disappear. I pull myself up from where my head was lying on the shattered window.

Blood was running all the way down my face. I could taste it. I could smell it. When I pull myself up I see Jesse trying to get the door to open. “God damn it!” He curses and pushes at the door once more. When he looks over to me, his shoulders slump and relief floods his face.

“Oh good, you’re alive.” He says and then hugs me tightly. Before I could respond, I took a look at my surroundings. Kyle was in the front seat passed out with his airbag in his face; and Miles was also passed out with the airbag in his face. Both of them didn’t look too good.

The outside of the car there was a huge fire that was on the head of the car. That explains the smoke.

“We have to hurry, Athena. The car is going to probably explode soon. The fire hasn’t reached the gas tank yet.” Jesse says frantically. I nod and try to open my door; which after a few pushes, opened up. I crawl out of the car and Jesse follows.

“I’ll get Kyle, you’ll get Miles.” He instructs and then goes over to Kyle’s door. I run to the other side of the car, coughing. Smoke was still filling my lungs and making them burn.

I try to open Mile’s car door, but it stuck in the same place. I look around me and find a fist-size rock. I waste no time picking it up and hurling it at the door’s half broken window. I reach my hand in the window and grab at Mile’s seat belt that was still keeping him in place. I try to unbuckle it, but it was too crushed for it to work. I groan in frustration and push the airbag away to reach into the glove box. Inside I found a pocket knife that Kyle always kept in his car for emergencies. I quickly start to cut the seatbelt, which took too much time and strength to do.

About halfway into cutting it I just rip it the rest of the way. I try to pick up Miles body through the window but have very little luck. I manage to pull him about an inch off his car seat. He groans and his eyes start to flutter.

“Athena?” He croaks. His voice sounded dry and horse, probably from the smoke. I pull him farther up and manage to get his body halfway out the window.

“Don’t worry Miles, I almost got you out.” I say, pulling on him once more. We both fall onto the ground. I feel my backside start to get hotter and I smell a weird odor. I ignore it and turn my attention back to Miles.

“It hurts to breathe.” Miles says painfully. I hoist him up from the ground and we both limp to Where Kyle and Jesse was standing. I guess Jesse got Kyle awake. The hotness that was coming from behind increased and pain started to hit my thighs. I yelp and turn around to see what was going on. I didn’t get to see but just a fiery glimpse of what was happening. My hair was on fire.

I scream and almost drop Miles. “My hair is on fire.” I yell. Kyle didn’t waste any time coming over to my side. I see him pull out the pocket knife that he always carried with him. He opens the blade and starts to chop my hair off. I guess that he cuts it to where my shoulder blades are.

“It anit’ pretty but it’s better than your scalp burning.” Was all he says before signaling us to get away from the car. I was grateful for what he had done, even though he gave me a bad haircut. I could have died.

We don’t say a thing as we run from Kyle’s car that was still on fire. I try to run anyway, but it was hard since Miles wasn’t really helping me any. We make it about a hundred yards before the car fully explodes. We were far enough that we didn’t have to duck when car pieces flew from the car.

I don’t know how long we walked until we came across a neighborhood. Kyle wastes no time finding a car.

“You’re just going to steal the car?!” Jesse asks in shock. Kyle rolls his eyes.

“We need it more than they do anyway.” Kyle says and then punches the window. It shattered but it didn’t make too much noise. An alarm didn’t go off either, which I was happy for. There was no need to be called on the cops tonight. I’ve had enough.

Kyle unlocks the car door and brushes the glass off the driver’s seat. Surprisingly, he didn’t cut himself.

“How are you going to start the car? You don’t have a key!” Jesse says. I almost laugh, that little problem wouldn’t stop Kyle. Kyle rolls his eyes again.

“It’s a little thing called hotwiring.” He says and then kneels down to work with the wires. Jesse gapes at what Kyle was doing, but he doesn’t say anything.

“Well come on before the neighbors see.” Kyle says. I help Miles in the back seat and sit next to him. Jesse this time sits in the passenger seat next to Kyle. After everyone was in the car Kyle drove the car ahead, but at a safer speed. No need to repeat what just happened earlier.

“Do you even know where you’re going?” Miles asks after about an hour driving. Miles head was on my lap and was lying vertical to the seat. I could tell he was in a lot of pain. Maybe a few broken bones.

I stopped bleeding a while ago, for which I was happy for. I didn’t want to cause anymore issues.

“I know where to go.” Kyle says in a determined voice. I was confused and I pretty sure that Miles was too. I have rarely heard that tone in Kyle’s voice. He must really know where he’s going; but where is he going?

When we finally got to our destination, little did I guess we were going to a nunnery.

A/N: Are you confused? Good , you're supposed to be. Chapters will be longerish but updates will be slower. Like every week. Kbye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

417K 6.2K 62
Creepypasta Rituals, I don't own any of this stories or experiences. Do them if you are brave enough. WARNING: be careful with your decisions, is da...
106K 6.3K 20
You are going to die. That might be a terrible way to start this out but it's true. You are going to, your next door neighbor is, and so am I. It's n...
57.6K 836 26
Hello! This is my first book so there will probably be some Errors but i'll try my best to fix it. Also English is not my native language so pardon m...
140K 1.6K 16
*Dark Short Story with triggers including abuse/torture and violence, sexual assault, stalking and home invasion* Someone has been been following me...