Abandoned

By NoraGrande

"I only married you because I feel sorry for you! Now, get out of my life and never come back." Join Melissa... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Losing it
Chapter 2: Afterwards
Chapter 3: Two Weeks Later
Chapter 4: Meeting Chris Again
Chapter 5: Worst Day Ever
Chapter 6: Full of Surprises
Chapter 7: Relationship Dramas
Chapter 8: Bad Signs
Chapter 9: Rejected
Chapter 10: Loss
Chapter 11: Embarrassment (Part 1)
Chapter 11: Embarrassment (Part 2)
Chapter 12: Flashbacks
Chapter 13: Goodbye Loved Ones
Chapter 14: Depression
Chapter 15: Back to Normal?
Chapter 16: "Mom..."
Chapter 17: Stuck
Chapter 18: Confess
Chapter 19: Unnoticed
Chapter 20: Misunderstanding
Chapter 21: Such a Spender
Chapter 22: 'Unforced' Kisses
Chapter 23: Birthday Gone Wrong
Chapter 24: New Life
Chapter 26: Separated
Chapter 27: Secret Plan
Chapter 28: Couldn't Let You Go
Chapter 29: Reconnecting
Chapter 30: Welcome Home
Chapter 31: One Night Only
Chapter 32: Twins
Chapter 33: One Week Suspension
Chapter 34: Back to School
Chapter 35: A Day Before Prom
Chapter 36: You're Leaving?
Chapter 37: No Time Left
AUTHOR'S NOTE
HAPPY ENDING + EPILOGUE
SAD ENDING + EPILOGUE
A Spin-Off Book Related to Abandoned
Extra Chapter: Christmas' Special

Chapter 25: Dinner Reservation

21.7K 509 20
By NoraGrande

-Melissa's POV-

"No! Ronaldo, what are you doing?" I yelled at the TV screen. Right now I'm playing FIFA 15 with James on his brand new Xbox One. I can't believe that James is winning. That's impossible! I always win whether or not when it comes to cooking, education and any other competitions. I try to distract him by throwing pieces of popcorn at him when he continued tapping the buttons to score a goal. But it doesn't work. He scored another goal, making me fed-up.

"Yeah! Neymar scored again. What's up, Melissa? Can't prevent me beating your winning streak?" He raised an eyebrow and smirked at me. I growled and pushed his face away from me, making him stumbled backwards. Because of that, he dropped his controller and the batteries inside it started to lay on the floor. I quickly used this opportunity to score two more goals so that we could have a draw.

"Hah! Rodriguez scored!" I shouted, doesn't care whether the neighbors heard me. I looked at James who is still trying his best to get himself up. He was too big and ended stuck himself between the coffee table and the sofa. Sadly, his controller is much more further away from him. I continued to play, doesn't give a shit about James that is suffering on the floor. I laughed evilly when I get one of my Real Madrid players scored another goal!

"Yes! Benzema scored another one! Wooooo, a draw." I started jumping on top of the sofa. I heard James started cursing almost all the bad words. James dragged the coffee table out of his way, making a loud noise. I covered my ears. After getting the table out of his way, he rushed to his controller and put the batteries back. Oh no, he's back. I quickly focused myself on the TV screen, trying to get another goal.

"Oh my god. Are you fucking serious? Another two more minutes? How can I beat you!" James started complaining. I don't really care. I only care about my winning streak. I can't let him beat it. Never!

"Shit, no!" James cursed belligerently. He just missed his only shot to win this exhibition match by the ball hitting the pole. I smiled to myself, knowing that I could do this. I bit my lip, focusing too hard on this. A few seconds later...

"Oh my god! Ronaldo scored, bitch! Who's the winner? Me; Melissa Evans!" I celebrated by taking a handful of popcorn and tossed it up in the air. James just sat down on the sofa, staring on the scoreboard that shows:

Real Madrid - 3
Barcelona - 2

I then joined him and rested my chin on his shoulder. He still doesn't believe that I won at the very last minute. I smiled and started to tease him.

"You okay, big boy? Hehe, another match?" I giggled while poking at the side of his waist, making him jerk. He then turned his attention at me. He shrugged and looked at his controller that he's still holding in his hands. He then replied, "hell yeah."

I smiled and walked towards the kitchen to have a glass of plain water. I ordered him to choose my favorite soccer team and edit the game plan. He just rolled his eyes, a little annoyed by my nagging.

"Are you done, drinking? The match is starting soon." He yelled at me even though the distance between the kitchen and the living room is my that far.

"Alright, alright! I'm coming. Geez, can you wait?" I complained while walking towards James with the glass of water in my hand. I gently placed to glass on the coffee table and took my controller, ready to kick his ass again.

Before James could press the button for 'skip', the doorbell rang which startled me a little as I was too focused on the TV screen already. I looked at James, giving him a confused look. He, himself, have that questioning look. Seriously, who would ring the doorbell around the time that's close to midnight?

"I'll go get it." I said, getting up without hesitation. James stopped me by gripping my wrist and dragged me down towards the sofa. I glared at him. He sighed and said, "you stay here. I'll get the door. No arguments, this is my apartment."

I looked at him, walking towards the door. He turned the door knob and greeted the person.

"Hi ma'am. How may I help you?" He formally greeted. To be honest, this is my first time, seeing him greeting a stranger in a polite way.

"Sorry to interrupt. Can I see Melissa Evans?" My head shot up when I heard my name. That voice. It sounds familiar. Oh no, don't tell me...

"Urm sure. Melissa, you have a guest!" James ordered me to meet my guest that came at around midnight. Feeling lazy, I growled and walked towards him. My eyes widened as I saw his mother standing opposite me and James.

"Angelica?" I said, still in shock.

"Oh my god. Melissa... Finally I found you!" She said, grabbing both of my wrists and hugged me tight. I could sense that James is just standing there, dumbfounded. I broke the embrace and turned my attention towards James.

"I'll be talking with her outside for a while. You go ahead and play by your own." I commanded him. He gave me the look that says, 'are you sure that you're gonna be okay?' I just smiled and nodded.

I guided Chris' mom outside. I closed the front door slowly and looked at Angelica. I leaned against the wall and crossed my arms over my chest. Angelica sill have that big smile on her face. I sighed and asked, "how do you find me here?"

"Well, we're rich so we kinda have a special detector of your phone." She said as proud as a peacock. Heh, that makes sense.

"Why do you wanna look for me? And how do you know that me and your son... You know, separated?" I asked, checking my polished nails. She sat at the stairs, doesn't care whether it's dirty or not.

"I was happened to visit you and Chris-"

"Don't say that name." I interrupted her. She swallowed her saliva and nodded, listening to my command.

"I was happened to visit you and my son as today is your birthday. I thought that we could have a day out together but then I asked Ch- my son where are you... He said that you moved out. By the way, he already throw all of your clothes. Not joking." She explained. I looked down. Chris really doesn't want me, huh? I could feel my heart ache inside. I tried my best not to cry. I looked at Angelica.

"Then why are you here?"

"Because I want to take you back. So you can be together with him." She begged.

"No."

"What?"

"I said no. I don't want my life turned upside down just because of with him. Just... No!" I said, full of confidence. But deep down, am I actually ready to move on?

"Then we try to convince him. Let me do the talking, maybe he listens to me." She fights back. I shook my head vigorously.

"Angelica, do you understand the word, no?"

"I understand that word. I'm not stupid but seriously, I know deep down you still want him back!" I stared at her. She's right. I do want him back. How I know? My heart rate rises. God, stop this feeling! I must hate him! He cheated on me... On my birthday!

"I don't want him. Right now, I'm lucky that I stay here. I'm much more happier, staying with James." I said stubbornly. She sighed. Her eyes met mine. She furrowed her eyebrows. She deadly glared at me.

"Why? Who is James anyways? He's not even related to you."

"He is. He's my ex-boyfriend. I may or may not stead with James again as I'm much more delighted to be with him than Chr-" My sentence cut short as tears started flowing. I just really can't say his name or else, this happens.

Agony. Hurt. Depressed. Every single emotional feelings.

Angelica's eyes softened. She gets up and came by my side. She gave me a light embrace and rubbed my back up and down, trying to calm me down. She rubbed away my tears and smiled at me.

"See. You miss him. Come on, Melissa. Make up your smart mind. Be with us again." She pleaded me. I sighed. Should I? God, think Melissa! Be a fucking smart girl like you always been. Do I have a choice? Before I could answer her my reply, one of James' neighbors came out from his apartment and started to confront both me and Angelica, "Could you quiet down? It's midnight and people are trying to sleep! So, quieten down... Will ya!"

I muttered him a sorry. He went back inside his apartment and slammed his door afterwards, startled me a little. Same goes to Angelica. I turned my attention at Angelica. She put her hands on my shoulders.

"How about I see you later, at night. I reserved a table in some restaurant. I'll text you the address by the time I just make a reservation. Anyways, I bring your red Ferrari. It's downstairs at the parking lot." I opened my mouth to argue with her but Angelica sticked out her finger, signaling me not to fight back. I sighed and nodded. She smiled and said her goodbyes. I waved at her as a return.

Once I went into James' apartment, I saw James crossing his arms over his chest, waiting for me to tell him the whole story. I just rolled my eyes and told him that I'm not in a mood. Surprisingly, he didn't beg me to tell him the story. Which is good!

I went into the bathroom. I washed my face, trying to freshen up after all the objections I give to Angelica. I heaved a sigh and looked at the mirror. I guessed the conversation gonna continued later night.

*Chris' POV*

"Chris Cortes, CEO of Cortes Co. , how can I help you?" I answered my office phone. It's good to be back in the actual office, feeling like a king. Hmph, who am I kidding. I am one of them.

"Hello Chris, it's your mother. How are you?" So the phone call turned out to be my mom. What does she want now?

"Hey mom. Do you need anything?"

"I don't need anything but I have an invitation for you." She replied. Her voice is echo-y. Is she in her bathroom? Among many places, she took the bathroom to call me. Really? Is she serious?

"What invitation?" I asked immediately. I tapped my pen, waiting for my mom's answer.

"A dinner. With me and..." She trailed off.

"And..."

"And... I will pick you up at seven." Strange. I know that she's hiding something from me. I put the negativity away and replied, "okay, see you later."

I hung up afterwards. I continued to type my documents that are supposed to be done by today but I delayed it. But something always distract me from working. Is my mom really hiding something from me?

I guessed I have to find out later.

-Melissa's POV-

Right now, I'm doing window-shopping with James because I forced him to. He is by far the most annoying yet fun to be with when it comes to shopping.

"What dress suits me?" I asked him and have a sip on my coca-cola. Yup, I'm choosing a new dress to have a date with Chris' mom at some restaurant named 'Per Se'. Also, due to my clothes all being thrown by my ex-husband, I have to buy a new one.

"Hmm.. Let's see. Short ones are nice. It suits you well 'cause you know, you have a sexy body." He said, winking at me afterwards. I laughed and playfully punched his right arm.

"Okay then... A long and unsexy dress." I said the opposite of what he suggest. He gave me the 'are-you-deaf?' look. I laughed at his reaction and sticked my tongue out. Annoying, he covered my face as he doesn't want to see me sticking my tongue out at him.

But then... Something makes me stop walking, leaving James walking alone and also talk alone as if I'm there. I must say that is by far the second beautiful dress I've ever seen. Of course, the first one have to be my wedding dress. No other dresses can beat that.

"If you're gonna stop, you must, at least, tell me!" James nagged all the way until he reached me. I point him the dress on display. He, himself, look shocked due to the beauty of the magnificent dress.

"You should really buy that. It suits you well, I swear." He encouraged me. I swallowed a gulp. Should I buy this for just a date? But it's really beautiful. Without hesitation, I went into the store and told the shopkeeper that I want the dress. She smiled and let me try it out.

I went to the dressing room. I took off the clothes that I've been wearing since yesterday and put on the beautiful dress. I looked myself at the mirror. It's nude in colour and I like it so far. Love it, to be exact.

I went out of the dressing room and showed it to James on my dress. He gave me the smirk and said, "I wish I'm the one that is having a date with you."

I blushed. I cleared my throat. Suddenly I couldn't talk back. To break the silence, I punched his arm again but this time round, harder. He yelped and rubbed his arm. I giggled and went into the dressing room. Now I really can't wait for the dinner date with Angelica.

•LATER THAT NIGHT AT THE RESTAURANT•

*Chris' POV*

"Mom, seriously. Why you suddenly want to have dinner with me?" Me, feeling annoyed with my mom for keeping bunch of secrets from me. She continued to take a bite on her French fry as if she didn't hear me. I growled and leaned back.

Suddenly, her phone rang. She quickly took it from her bag and answered it. She excused herself by going out of the restaurant. Her strange behavior made me more curious on what she's planning. After one problem solved, another problem is formed. Hmph, perks of being a rich billionaire.

My mom returned and have a seat, continuing to eat her chef special. I just glared at her as I'm really trying hard what she's keeping from me. She met my eyes. She looked down and sighed.

"You will find out later. Around fifteen minutes." She replied me. The answer that I don't want to know. Why can't I get straightforward answers nowadays? My life is getting weirder.

-Melissa's POV-

I pulled the handbrake of my Ferrari that Chris bought me. Even though it reminds me of him, I still need this car. This is the only one that can help me go farther away from here. I opened the car door and stepped my left foot on the floor. I get out from the car and slammed the door afterwards.

I looked at the building. I went in and look at the building directory. The restaurant turned out to be at level four. I walked towards the elevator and pressed the 'up' button. Out of the sudden, my legs started to feel like jelly. My hands also started to shake. What's happening? Why am I nervous? It's just a meet up with Angelica... That's all.

The elevator door opened. I took a deep breath, smelling the fresh air which makes me calm a little. I went in and press the number four. I looked the mirror which can be found at every corner of the elevator. I brushed up my dress, making sure there's no wrinkles.

'DING!' The elevator door opens and right at the front is the restaurant. I stepped out and searched for Angelica. I saw her but she's with a guy? Who am I kidding. That must be Will. So I walked in full of confidence. Angelica saw me and waved at me. I gave her a small wave when I'm walking towards her.

"Hello Melissa. That dress looks perfect on you." Angelica complimented. The guy that sat opposite her froze. He barely moved. I wonder what's wrong. It's not like Will haven't seen me before. Not bothering what the crazy guy's reaction, I just took a seat in between them both.

Before I could introduce myself to the frozen guy, I also froze and looked at him wide-eyed. Oh god, why is he here? Does Angelica forced him to come down and have a dinner with me? Argh, I'm supposed to be separating him from me.

He cleared his throat and looked at me with his darkened eyes. He then said, "I think this dinner is over. Thanks mom for the treat."

My heart hurts. My heart rate started to rise. My heart kinda asked me to beg him not to go, but I couldn't do it. God, why can't I? I still love him... Right? Before he could get up, Angelica started to scold him in front of the crowd like a kid, "you better stay here or something bad might happened to you!"

Her eyes are scary to see. I just sat there, feeling scared with her dark expression. Her eyebrows furrowed as if she just burned a mark of her furrowed eyebrows. I then looked at Chris' reaction. He sighed and growled afterwards right after he went back to his seat.

Angelica changed her expression from dark to happy. She raised up her hand to take an order for me, "waiter!"

A few minutes of awkwardness, my order came. I don't even know what Angelica have ordered for me. As I was about to take a sip of champagne, I was stopped. Not by Angelica, but from Chris. He hold my wrist and bring it down, making me placed the glass on the table.

"Don't drink that. It's really bad for the baby's health." Oh my god, can someone hand me a tissue? At least he still care about his own blood which is good. I shamelessly smiled at him. Suddenly, Angelica excused herself, saying that she's gonna use the washroom. I just nodded and let her go. But I left me and Chris behind, feeling awkward.

"So, how's life?" He suddenly asked me. I finished eating the food in my mouth first before replying him. I swallowed the delicious food down my throat.

"It's okay, I guess. How's yours?" I asked him back, continued to cut my steak.

"It's fine too, just having some work to be settled." I just nodded and took a bite on my steak. Chris just stared at me. Gosh, his grayish eyes. His jawline. His face. His lips... Oh god, help me. This is seriously a torture. But then my glance towards him was interrupted by Chris, chuckling. I miss that chuckle. I blushed red. I try to hide it but I couldn't.

"There's something on the side of your mouth." He said while wiping at the side of his lips, guiding me which side have to be wiped. I followed him. I looked at my thumb - nothing. I glared at him. Is this a joke? He shook his head and sighed. He moved in closer and wiped the sauce for the steak away. He then licked his thumb, tasting the sauce. I started to blush again. I looked down and try to ignore what happened.

But then, his phone vibrates. He checked who is it from. He had the upset expression on his face. He sighed and show the text message at me.

'Have a nice dinner date, my son. <3'

The text message was from Angelica. So she had set this up so that both of us could get closer together again. But I don't know whether it can happened again. I guessed we just have to find out from Chris' opinion.

After I'm done with my dinner, Chris rested his elbow on the table. Yup, he surprisingly still here with me, accompanying.

"So, wanna take some fresh air?" He offered. He got up and held his hand. I gladly took it and smiled at him. He grinned at me from ear to ear. I mentally sighed to myself. He really have the cutest smile.

I followed him to wherever he wants to go as if I'm a puppet. We ended up at a park which is beside the building. We are still walking, hand-in-hand but we are not talking at all. We stopped at the worth-looking fountain. He sat down and pulled me down, joining him.

"So, uhh, I'm sorry." He apologized. I looked down, checking my polished nails.

"I'm sorry too." I replied back. I don't really know what to say. I continued to look down until Chris used his effort to bring my face up to face him. I stared right into his eyes.

I could feel him coming closer to me. He rested his forehead against mine. My heart started to pump wildly against my ribcage. I started to feel as if there's butterflies on my stomach.

He placed two of his hands at each side of my face. He slowly bring his face closer to mine. He then finally kissed me. God, I needed his kiss since the time I went for school trip. I hold into his wrist while enjoying every single taste of his lips. His pace is slow but I know what it means. It means that he's not in a good mood. Instead of happy, he is sad. But I don't know why.

Couldn't breathe, he broke the kiss. He backed away from me and shook his head. He got up, leaving me sitting alone and looked at him with a stunned look. He sighed and have a regretful look.

"I'm sorry, Mel. I'm just not a man for you. You deserved better guys than me. I'm sorry but this might be the last time I see you. Take care of yourself." He said. He turned and walked away from me. He didn't even look back. He really mean it. I try to stop him but I couldn't. My voice is too soft.

"Come back..." I murmured. My eyes started to tear up. It feel as if the whole world collapsed upon me. My heart was shattered into million pieces. I said it once again bit he was nowhere in sight.

"Come back, Chris. Don't leave me. I love you and I need you!" Of course, he doesn't hear this.

--------------------------------------------------
Hey! A new chapter before I already depart to go somewhere out of Singapore tomorrow. So because of that, I might be unable to get wifi for four days and couldn't not update fast. Anyways, vote and comment! Also, follow me :)

Love,
Nora

(UNEDITED)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8M 200K 43
Jack Ryder was one of the youngest billionaires in the US. He had everything guys his age dream on; models in each arm,money & fast cars. When he go...
9.6M 458K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
52.5K 3.7K 96
Second place winner in the Teenfiction category, Eternity Awards. #3 Highschool #1 Lovetriangle #30 Romance - 31/12/2020 #33 Teenlove #1 Billionaires...
119K 4.8K 54
******* Every story has an end. But in life, every end is a new beginning.******* ------------------------------------------------------------ His vo...