Hero of Resilience: Halo

By TheHinokami

Join us as we explore the story of what if Izuku Midoriya was expelled on the day of the quirk apprehension t... More

Chapter 1: Expelled?
Chapter 2: Decisions
Chapter 3: Inko Midoriya & Talk Pt 1.
Chapter 4: Talk Pt. 2
Chapter 5: It's A Wild Gran Torino!
Chapter 6: Past Comes To Light
Chapter 7: Quirk Training & UA Vs Eraserhead
Chapter 8: Fourth Day of Training & Talk of Sir Nighteye
Chapter 9: Arriving at Shiketsu
Chapter 10: Dorms & Roommate!
Chapter 11: First Day!
Chapter 12: First Days are easy? No! Training Start!
Chapter 13: First Combat Training
Chapter 14: U.S.J!?
Chapter 15: Dadmight!?
Chapter 16: UA Aftermath & Decision
Chapter 17: DadMight Time & Conversations
Chapter 18: Training for the Sports Festival
Chapter 19: UA High Sports Festival
Chapter 20: Shiketsu High Sports Festival Pt 1.
Chapter 21: Shiketsu High Sports Festival Pt 2.
Chapter 22: Shiketsu High Sports Festival Pt 3.
Chapter 23: Shiketsu High Sports Festival Pt 4.
Chapter 24: Enter General Midoriya + Scolding!
Chapter 25: Hero Names & Internship Offers!
Chapter 26: Internships Start!
Chapter 27: Internship Reactions!
Chapter 28: Internship: Hosu!
Chapter 29: Stain Vs Halo!
Chapter 30: Hosu Aftermath
Chapter 31: Internship Over!
Chapter 32: Provisional License Training & OFA Control!?
Chapter 33: Provisional Exam!
Chapter 34: Peaceful Conversations
Chapter 35: Inasa & One For All
Chapter 36: Singularity Point
Chapter 37: Mall Incident
Chapter 38: I-Island! Pt 1.
Chapter 40: Shiketsu High School Summer Training
Chapter 41: UA Summer Training Camp
Chapter 42: Camp Aftermath & Plea
Chapter 43: Ready? Set! Talk!
Chapter 44: Ready? Set! Raid!
Chapter 45: Fighting of Titans!
Chapter 46: Media & Aftermath
Chapter 47: Halo & Eraserhead!
Chapter 48: Bakugo Household
Chapter 49: Dream & Unlocking Quirks
Chapter 50: Dorms
Chapter 51: Provisional Exams Shiketsu & UA Pt 1.
Chapter 52: Provisional Exams Shiketsu & UA Pt 2.
Chapter 53: Provisional Exams Shiketsu & UA Pt 3.
Chapter 54: Work-Studies Start & Giant!?
Chapter 55: Report and Raid Request?
Chapter 56: Prelude to Raid!
Chapter 57: Raid Meeting & Talk With Sir Nighteye
Chapter 58: Shie Hassaikai Raid!
Chapter 59: Return to Shiketsu High School & Relaxing!
Chapter 60: Changes & Hood
Chapter 61: The League's Growth!
Chapter 62: Planning For War!
Chapter 63: War!
Chapter 64: Blood & Conflict
Chapter 65: Rematch of a Giant!
Chapter 66: Lighting the sky!
Chapter 67: Battered
Chapter 68: Wounds of The Battle
Chapter 69: Conversations
Chapter 70: Past VS Present
Chapter 71: Press Conference! -END-
Author Notes & Ending Words

Chapter 39: I-Island Pt. 2

13.8K 416 81
By TheHinokami

3rd POV:

Several days passed and it was now time for the main Expo event to happen. However, all was not as it seemed because villains had decided to invade I-Island and aimed for a device that their employer wanted them to get for him. Now you might ask how would these villains get into the Island if we already knew David Shields didn't go through with his plan of stealing the device! Well, unknown to David Shields, there was one more person who still was upset at their device being taken and that was his assistant Sams who had helped David create the device. Sams was pissed and wanted to earn money off of his device since he had dedicated so much time to build the device but the Island had decided to lock the device up and to never be revealed to the public. As such, without David even knowing, his assistant had betrayed him and had leaked important codes to the villain group so that they could sneak into the Island without being discovered. 

However, none of them would find this out until later on as right now they were all getting ready for the party to start. All Might had already arrived at the party but Izuku was waiting for Melissa to finish getting dressed as he was going to be her escort. All Might and Izuku were both wearing black suits but Izuku had a black mask around his entire face area that only revealed his eye area so that no one would see his face. When Melissa came out and saw it she rolled her eyes but knew why Izuku was doing it. As they made their way towards the hall where the dinner event would happen an alarm went off saying that there was a bomb in the building and that the defense setting was activated. 

Izuku asked Melissa if this was the normal operation for a bomb and she shook her head. They headed towards the event hall but saw something disturbing. There were people everywhere near the event hall with guns. As such, they retreated backward to think about what was going on and they came to the idea that villains somehow had taken control of I-Island. Izuku asked if there was any way to get a look into the event hall and she nodded her head and led him to an area where they could access but on their way they ran into the students of UA. Melissa told them to follow her and soon they looked inside of the event hall and saw All Might and all of the other heroes captured by the villains. There were quirk-resistance cuffs and All Might couldn't attempt to break free without a hostage being killed. Jiro pulled her headphones into the wall to hear what All Might was saying as the man was looking in their directions. 

She repeated what All Might stated, "UA students should be careful and are to follow any order given by Halo. Halo, I leave it to you." Jiro repeated and Halo nodded his head and All Might smiled a bit. Soon they all were back out in a hallway from the access point and Halo thought it over before going into a room and within a minute he walked out in his full hero outfit. They were all shocked he had his hero outfit on and wondered where it came from. "God, I am so glad we gave you that device..." Melissa said and Izuku just chuckled a bit and gave her a commlink as he made his mouth guard hide his voice and he spoke to her via it. He asked her if there was a way to take control of the system and she nodded her head. "If we want to take control of the system then we need to get to the top floor. Once there I can take the system back under our control and enable the weapons system to protect the Island." Melissa stated and Izuku nodded his head. Everyone was wondering why they couldn't hear his voice and Bakugo spoke up. 

"Oi, stupid Halo fucker! Why aren't you speaking up so we can hear you! If you don't start speaking up then I am just going to go off and do my own things and save the day instead of hiding here like a coward." Bakugo stated and Melissa and Halo just ignored him which pissed him off. However, he could do nothing as the rest of the class stopped him from doing anything which Izuku was glad about. Soon, Melissa and Izuku finished the plan and Melissa told them all about it so Izuku didn't need to speak to them all which would risk Bakugo recognizing his voice.

"So here is the plan! We need to get to the top floor so I can deactivate the system and fix it back under our control. To do as such, we need to work out ways through all of the defenses and guards that they will have. So those that want to come can but if you don't want to then you stay here and hide. Who's coming?" Melissa asked and all of them agreed to go with them. As such, they soon started to work through the defenses of the Island and any of the men that they encountered. As they progressed, some of them broke off from the group to handle situations in areas like Bakugo wanted to fight strong-looking men of the villains so he and Kirishima stayed behind and fought them. 

As they made their way through the thing they realized they wouldn't be fast enough so Izuku comes up with Kaplan. He tells Melissa to get on his back and she does but is confused on why. Everyone else is confused about why as well until Izuku breaks one of the glass windows and starts moving out of it. Everyone freaked out but he just waved goodbye and went scaling up the side but trapping into the metal and throwing himself up high and just kept repeating it as he broke windows again and gripping the edges and throwing himself again. Soon they make it up to the top of the tower and work their way through the guards that were positioned on the level of the security room. 

Due to how much power Izuku has under control, he easily makes their way since most of the villains were quite weak. As they approached the security room they found the villain that they heard being called Wolfram by one of his men, David Shields, and Sam the assistant. They watched as David Shield worked on a vault and opened it. Sam then grabbed the device and David looked pissed. "Why Sam... why!? If villains get their hands on that device then not even All Might might be able to stop a powerful villain if they wear it... you will throw the world into chaos!" David stated and Izuku was scared of the implications of that. 'If that device falls into his hand then we might never when based on what David is saying... this isn't good.' Izuku thought as he watched the villains and David in front of him. 

"Why? Because it isn't right that all of our hard work is ruined because of the Island! Even you wanted to steal it back at one point, admit it!" Sam yelled and David looked pissed. "Yea, I admit I was pissed and honestly had thoughts right after they took it but I realized that the device was indeed dangerous. I had made it to help All Might get back to his prime but... I realized it wasn't needed anymore since the future generation was already taking his place. As such, I agreed in the end with the Islands decision to hide the device away." David stated and Sam just laughed at him and said he was going to be rich now but then a bang sound was heard. *BANG* Everyone froze as they saw Sam drop to the floor as he had gotten shot by Wolfram. Sam asked why and Wolfram looked at him and smiled and said it was because he wasn't needed anymore. Wolfram then aimed the gun at David but Izuku got involved at that point and tossed a chair at Wolfram who was forced to dodge.

"WELL IF IT ISN'T HALO! I SEE I GET TO KILL THE FUTURE SYMBOL OF PEACE PERSONALLY! MY EMPLOYER WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR DEATH SINCE HE'S BEEN TRYING TO FIND YOU!" Wolfram stated and Izuku tensed a bit at the possible implications of those words. "Oh? Who is your employer?" Izuku asked and Wolfram smiled as he spoke. "Oh, you know who... the man himself that wants your master and you to die," Wolfram stated and confirmed Izuku's fears. If All For One got his hands on that device it would spell the end for the world! Izuku charged after Wolfram as he started to make his escape but not before taking David with him as a hostage. Melissa started working on the system to reactive it and knew she could leave the rescue of her father to Izuku. 

Soon, Izuku was out on the helipad fighting Wolfram as he had put the device on his head. The villain was truly far more powerful with the device on his head and he could see why All For One wanted the device so much. It would make him unstoppable! Izuku gritted his teeth as he worked through the attacks of Wolfram and grabbed the helicopter before he could get too far away and pulled it back down and destroyed the rotor on it so they couldn't fly off again. Wolfram was pissed at Izuku and started to send more attacks at Izuku who just dodged the attacks or destroyed them. Soon, Melissa came out of the control area with some of the students from 1-A with her who made it to the top finally. 

As Izuku dealt with a flying metal cube that came his way, All Might bursted out of nowhere and grabbed David from the villain. Wolfram looked even more pissed and increased his attacks as Izuku turns his comms onto All Might. "All Might can you hear me?" He asked and All Might responded that he could. "All Might, Wolfram has the device that David created to make you stronger again but the problem is that it makes the villain stronger as well. What's worst is All For One is involved! WE CANNOT LET THAT DEVICE GET INTO HIS HANDS OR WE WILL NEVER WIN AGAINST HIM!" Izuku stated and All Might face was full of shock at what he was told and he knew that with the power displayed here with the device... they couldn't let him get that device. Soon both of them started to power through the cubes and made their way closer to Wolfram. 

At one point, All Might got trapped by one cube and Izuku knew he needed to be a bit risky and push his power a bit. As such, he charged up from his limit and slowly increased it from 42% to 50% and he could feel the pain in his body. 'I am so going to be bruised by the end of this!' Izuku thought as he slammed into the metal that had trapped All Might and broke him free. Soon they both charged again to Wolfram and finally after more attacks made their way to the villain. Izuku and All Might both landed their punches at the same time and burst through and landed straight onto the villain which knocked him out. 

Soon the entire area was stormed with Pro Heroes that had dealt with all of the other villains. The device though, Izuku grabbed it and destroyed it right there and then. David looked shocked but he understood. That device was too powerful and could fall into someone's hands again if it stayed around so it was a good thing to destroy it. Izuku looked at his arm and saw some purple marks that indicated some under the skin bruising happened to his bone most likely. 'God, mom is going to be pissed!' Izuku thought as he covered his arm until he could receive some treatment for it. He did let All Might know about his wound since he had to push himself to 50% which was over his current 42% limit. As long as Izuku didn't cause any breaks then they would be good since that would lead to permanent damage. 

After everything calmed down, they all headed back downstairs as the cleanup would soon start. Though, this incident just proved that All For One was not going to stay dormant for much longer and he would make a personal appearance sooner rather than later. Izuku knew he needed to grow stronger because the calm before the storm was about to come to an end and Izuku was glad the Shiketsu High School summer training would be starting soon after he returned from I-Island. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

436K 11.3K 39
This is the story of Izuku Midoriya otherwise known as Dekiru! Izuku meets All Might three years earlier than UA and this leads to him gaining OFA so...
44K 2.3K 23
It was just a ridiculous event. No one knew what happened before it happened. Shigaraki, Overhaul, Aizawa as well as some hero in training met at a c...
856K 35K 130
Izuku Midoriya had always been interested in Quirks. He loved studying them and discussing them with his father. It was due to this interest in Quirk...
40.9K 1.3K 12
What can happen on a normal day of patrolling? Well, something very unusual. Izuku Midoriya, like every Monday, was patrolling the city with his cla...