Blood Enemies • The Vampire D...

By midiosa

❝If I let myself care, all I feel is pain.❞ In her short seventeen years, Lyssa Gilbert has gone through a lo... More

BLOOD ENEMIES
I. DREAMERS OFTEN LIE
II. SWEAR BY THE MOON
III. THESE VIOLENT DELIGHTS
IV. MADE OF IVORY AND GOLD
V. MY PRINCE OF DARKNESS
VI. FOR LOVE I HANDLE YOUR SINS
VII. HUNDRED LETTERS
VIII. YOUR LOVE IS SCARING ME
IX. YOU ARE THE BONES OF MY SPINE
XI. ELEVEN MINUTES
XII. IF LOVE BE ROUGH WITH YOU, BE ROUGH WITH LOVE
XIII. TWICE I TURNED MY BACK ON YOU
XIV. I'M GETTING NUMB TO THE FEELING
XV. WOULDN'T SEE THE POINT OF LIVING ON IF ONE OF US DIED
XVI. WIR HABEN GEFICKT UND DER HIMMEL WAR SO STERNENKLAR
XVII. GIVE ME MY SIN AGAIN
XVIII. FOREVER...(is a long time)
XIX. FINALLY // BEAUTIFUL STRANGER
XX. BLOODSTREAM
Important Author's Note
XXI. SHE KNOWS
XXII. IT'S IN THE BLOOD
XXIII. JUST DIE ALREADY
XXIV. UNHOLY
XXV. RUNNING

X. TWO HOUSEHOLDS, BOTH ALIKE IN DIGNITY

10.1K 337 151
By midiosa

Klaus did as he promised me, and freed Stefan of his compulsion, switching his humanity back on. And that was it. One second Stefan was standing in front of me, emotions flooding him, and the next he was gone.

I didn't chase him, didn't chase anyone that night, too ashamed to. I was afraid of what they'd say, that they'd hate me, even though part of me thought that my friends and family would understand me if I just explained how hard it was for me, not to save Klaus.

"Where are we?" I asked Klaus once we pulled up to a beautiful white mansion, with a circular driveway and fountain right in the middle.

It was on the other side of town, but I realized once we got out, that it was only separated from my neighborhood, by the town cemetery.

The cold air nipped at my legs upon getting out of he car, basking up at the grand mansion, shoving my hands into my coat pockets.

Klaus led me to the front doors, and inside, taken by the immaculate foyer. There was a large staircase, split in the center and the floors, I thought as I looked down beneath my feet, were a glossy marble. It was obvious that the house still wasn't finished, paintings waiting to be hung, propped against the walls, a few light bulbs still not installed, but nonetheless it was absolutely breathtaking.

"You like?" Klaus spoke up, taking my attention from the house.

"It's beautiful." I responded, scanning around the room, before looking back at him. "Who's is it?" I playfully asked, finding it suspicious that he suddenly had a house in Mystic Falls, after only being back for a day.

Klaus laughed, and I could tell it was genuine by the dimples on his cheeks. "Well, it's mine, love, and yours." I furrowed my brows, lips parting. "I've grown to rather like your town, and I intend on making a home for myself here, with you."

What I never knew was that we would never get to make a home in Mystic Falls, that home was going to be reserved for New Orleans in just a few more months.

"So, you're - you're staying?" I asked, unable to contain the smile that tugged at my lips.

"I'm staying." He nodded, and I couldn't stop myself from throwing my arms around him in an embrace.

In that moment, I wasn't thinking of anyone else, but myself. I finally had the one person that I'd needed for months, that I'd been so undeniably lost without, and I was going to hold onto him, go down with him.

___________________________

I woke up to the sound of things breaking, and being thrown around. It sounded like the house was being vandalized and ripped apart, which was exactly what was happening when I got out of my room, and stopped at the staircase, glancing over the balcony. Klaus angrily threw a plank of wood across the foyer, splitting the wood and one of the walls.

"Uh..." I trailed off, brows knitting. "Good morning?" He ignored me - or maybe he didn't even hear me - punching a hole through the wall, shaking the room. "Klaus!" I rushed down the stairs, putting my hand onto his shoulder. My touch seemed to center him, letting out a deep breath as he turned to look at me, eyes flashing that same golden color from last night. "What happened?"

On instinct, I gently moved my hand down his arm, like I knew that I could calm him down. A hybrid, I thought to myself - I could control someone with a werewolf's temper, and a vampire's appetite. Whatever had made him upset, I knew he could separate that anger from me, that we wouldn't fall into some destructive fight that would end with one of us hurt.

"He took them." Klaus vaguely said, before his gaze rested on mine. "Stefan took the coffins ; all of them."

I took my hand form his arm, running it through my hair as I took in what he'd just told me, letting out a heavy sigh. Stefan stealing the coffins was the last thing that any of us needed - I mean, he was as good as dead.

"Dick.."

___________________________

I didn't know where Klaus was, but I wasn't going to risk getting caught talking to who I was about to call, so I stepped into the bathroom, and turned on the sink, the stream of water muddling every other sound. I pulled my phone out from my pocket, and called Stefan, putting it up to my ear.

"Lyssa," He answered.

"What are you doing, and where the hell are you?" I quickly asked him, glancing at myself in the mirror for a second.

"I'm out, mom."

I furrowed my brows, lips parting - did I just hear him right? Was he trying to be funny, because that was not a time to make jokes, Klaus was pissed and I was worried that he'd hurt Stefan. I didn't want that to happen, not again.

Besides, I had no idea what he was planning on doing with the coffins ; with Elijah. I knew that I shouldn't have cared - hell that seemed to be the reoccurring theme in my life ; I cared too much. I just - I wanted it all to stop, I wanted the life that I had before, and not just for myself, but for everybody.

"You're not funny." I retorted, shaking my head in disbelief. "Where are you? Where are the coffins - "

"Why would I tell you?" Stefan cut me off. "So you can tell Klaus?"

I let out a sigh, not expecting that from him. Everyone else - I expected the mean comments, but from Stefan? I thought that maybe he'd at least understand where I was coming from, how hard it was for me to just let go of Klaus.

"Look, I know he deserves this, but Elijah's in one of the coffins..."

"So now you care about Elijah?"

"Klaus is gonna kill you, Stefan." I said, after we fell into silence.

"No," He replied. "he won't, because if he does, he'll never see his family again."

Stefan deserved to get his revenge, I knew he did, but I didn't want him to get killed over it. He needed to give back the coffins, and maybe we could all just compromise with one another, maybe we could just stop all of this senseless bloodshed.

Maybe I was reaching.

"Just tell me where you are."

"Goodbye, Lyssa." He sighed, before hanging up on me.

I thought things would be different now, with his humanity back on, I thought things wouldn't be distant between us, but I was wrong. Everyone was just turning their backs on me, one by one and maybe I deserved it for saving Klaus, but I didn't want to hurt them, either. I just - I wanted to be there for everyone, to be on everyone's side.

But, I couldn't do that, could I?

___________________________

I got out into the hallway, spotting Klaus sitting at the very last few steps of the staircase, his back turned to me, and it was like I could see this dark blue haze around his silhouette, his entire being radiating a calm, and almost sad energy. I didn't know why I cared so much - not then - after all that he'd done to me, but I just couldn't shake the overwhelming desire inside of me that wanted to fix him, to heal him.

"I got Rebekah back," He spoke up, sensing me without a single glance in my direction. I sighed, before heading down the stairs. "your sister handed her over, in exchange for me to spare Stefan's life." Sitting down beside the hybrid, his eyes found mine, a glass of liquor in his hand. "But, I'm not doing it for her...I'm doing it for you. I know how much he means to you," He explained, and I could see the same sadness in his eyes that he had the night he told me he loved me. "and I've..I've already taken so much from you.."

He looked away from me, as if he were ashamed of what he'd done, and I thought that he should feel that way, that's what he deserved, but there was a part of me that felt just as bad for him and what he'd too been through. It was stupid.

We fell into a silence, before he spoke once more, glancing over at me. "Do you hate me?" It was the most vulnerable I'd ever seen him.

"Do you want me to?" I asked him instead.

He scoffed, shaking his head, before downing the drink in his hand. "It's what I deserve - you know what I wanted?" Klaus asked, as he stood up from the stairs. "I wanted to break the curse, and I wanted - once and for all - to finally rid myself of Mikael." He said, as he walked over to the small table that had a bottle of scotch sitting on top of it, placing his glass down. "I wanted to reunite my family and build a home for us, so that we'd never have to be alone again.." Klaus trailed off, turning to look at me. "And I wanted you, right beside me, forever. Not behind me, not beneath me, but beside me, as my equal.."

"You have me.." I said, standing up from the stairs, and before I wasn't so sure if I had meant it, if I could possibly truly mean those words, but I did then. After him nearly dying, it was like the need for him became greater, like being so close to death brought me closer to him.

"Oh come on, love," He scoffed, shaking his head as I neared him. "you don't actually believe that. No matter what, I'm never truly going to have you, because there's a part of you that still doesn't forgive me for what I've done ; that never will. There's a part of you that loathes me, and you should. You should leave me - "

"Don't." I cut him off, growing irritated, already knowing exactly what he was going to say as he walked over to stand in front of me. "Don't do that, don't try to tell me how I should and shouldn't feel because I know how I feel, and I...I don't hate you - I can't. And I'm probably the worst person in the world because of that..." I shook my head, memories of the summer running through my thoughts. "I have been so lost."

I held a lot of resentment towards him, not just because of what he'd done to my friends, to my family, not even because he'd turned me. But, because he left. That was the worst part of it all, because he'd just come into this town, destroyed everything in his path and left.

"You came into this town," I continued, on the verge of crying as I looked up at him, everything pouring out of me. "into my home, and you quite literally ruined everything. You turned me, and then you left." I continued, as the tears began to trickle down my cheeks. "You left me high and dry, like I never even mattered to you, and I was miserable, because as much as I hated you for what you did - I needed you."

I had been in so much pain, so confused and so saddened when I couldn't find him, because he turned me, he said that he loved me, so how could he just leave me? Dump me behind?

His eyes were glass like, wet with tears daring to spill. "Lyssa.."

"When I was in transition," I said. "I was looking for you, not Damon, not Caroline - I wanted you, Klaus. For months, I was trying to figure this all out, alone. And now..now that you're back, it finally feels like I'm gonna be okay, so don't - don't tell me that I should leave you, because I can't. I need you."

Klaus swiftly moved in to embrace me, wrapping his arms around me as I finally broke down and cried, burying my face into his chest.

I needed him like the stars needed their sky, like he was the oxygen I was gasping for, and I was finally getting to breathe.

___________________________

I was walking through my neighborhood, going home that night. I was in desperate need of seeing to my sister. I wanted to talk to Elena about last night - needed to - to explain myself. I knew that it'd be hard for her to understand, but she was my sister, I expected her to at least hear me out.

But, I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't want anything to do with me, anymore.

I turned the corner onto my street, confused when I heard Damon's voice, as I neared my house. When the house came into my view, I stopped in my tracks at the familiar scene in front of me.

On the porch, stood a brunette and Damon. His hands cupped her face, and it was like I was looking right at myself from just a few months ago, like I was watching the memory of us kissing on the front porch play before my eyes, but that wasn't me ; it was Elena.

They had kissed.

A/N - sorry for the lackluster and short chapter. I haven't been motivated to write lately. Butttt what'd u guys think? I toss around a lot of references to Lyssa's future here and there, and I know some ppl are wondering if she's gonna be the one pregnant with Hope - I'm not gonna say for sure obvi, but it doesn't mean Klaus and Lyssa are gonna live happily ever after. They're gonna go through a lot more stuff with the sire bond, and MY FAV ORIGINAL ELIJAH comes back soonnnnn and I can't wait to write their scenes together.

Some ppl prolly feel like Lyssa and Elijah seem rushed, and that's bc they are. That's gonna be part of their relationship, very Romeo and Juliet type of relationship hence why I'm quoting Romeo and Juliet in the title of this chapter.

Oh and Damon and Elena kissed - 2 dumb hoes. But yeah, Delena is gonna be a thing.

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 61.8K 56
𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈𝐜𝐞 | ❝𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙖𝙬 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙚𝙢𝙥𝙩𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙨❞ ⎯⎯ In which Tyler Lockwood's sister is the key to the immortal hybr...
947K 21.8K 36
𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐁𝐄𝐒, didn't expect that she'd become interested in one of the originals. Not at all, in fact. Being twins with Caroline, she'...
108K 5.2K 12
Life as a human was not as Damon anticipated, especially when his wife of three years decided to leave him for another man. He should have seen it co...
ꜱɴᴏᴡ By qx

Fanfiction

17.1K 731 8
ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴋᴀᴍᴀʀɪ ᴀʀɪᴇɴ ꜱɴᴏᴡ ʜᴀᴅ ᴍᴏᴠᴇᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴡɴ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏꜱᴛɪᴄ ꜰᴀʟʟꜱ ᴏʀ ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ꜱᴛʀᴜᴄᴋ ʙʏ ʜᴇʀ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴᴀʟɪᴛʏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ʜᴇʀ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛʏ !DIS...