Astra

By Luna_Lovegood7856

Astra Titania Black Astra has lived in an orphanage since her father was wrongfully imprisoned and her mother... More

Prologue
Act 1
I - The Orphanage
II - The Dead
III - The Hogwarts Express
IV - The Sorting Ceremony
V - The Start of Term
VI - The Halloween Feast
VII - The Christmas Holidays
VIII - The Dragon
IX - The Philosopher's Stone
Act 2
X - The Summer At Hogwarts
XI - The Start of Second Year
XII - The Chamber of Secrets Has Been Opened
VIII - The Heir of Slytherin
Act 3
XIV - The Prisoner Escaped
XV - The Hippogriff
XVI - The Boggart
XVII - The Cat and Rat
XVIII - The Reunion
XIX - The Attack
XX - The Defense Class
XXI - The New Friend
XXII - The Patronus
XXIII - The Marauders' Map
XXIV - The Hogsmeade Trip
XXV - The Confrontation
XXVI - The Christmas Present
XXVII - The Dementor Lessons
XXVIII - The Dementor's Kiss
XXIX - The New Quidditch Commentator
XXX - The Secret
XXXI - The Divination Class
XXXII - The Quidditch Cup
XXXIII - The Hippogriff Trial
XXXIV - The Explanation
XXXV - The Animagus
XXXVI - The Full Moon
XXXVII - The Time Turner
XXXVIII - The Stag
XXXIX - The Resignation
Act 4
XL - The Lovegoods
XLI - The Vision
XLII - The Quidditch World Cup
XLIII - The Dark Mark
XLIV - The Train Ride
XLV - The Welcoming Feast
XLVI - The Triwizard Tournament
XLVII - The Blast-Ended Skrewts
XLVIII - The Article
XLIX - The Unforgivable Curses
L - The Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare
LI - The Imperius Curse
LII - The New Students
LIII - The Goblet of Fire
LIV - The Champions
LV - The Vision Theories
LVI - The Clairvoyant Ring
LVII - The Secret Meeting
LIX - The Unexpected Task
LX - The Date Quest
LXI - The Yule Ball
LXII - The Blackmail
LXIII - The Second Task
LXIV - The Visit in Hogsmeade
LXV - The Search for Barty Crouch Jr.
LXVI - The Third Task
LXVII - The Imposter
LXVIII - The Ending of the Tournament
LXIX - The Ministry's Mistake
LXX - The Recruitment of the Order
Act 5
LXXI - The Order of the Phoenix
LXXII - The Tale of Melody Fawley
LXXIII - The Ministry of Magic
LXXIV - The Trial of Rita Skeeter
LXXV - The Welcome to Grimmauld Place
LXXVI - The Order's Information
LXXVII - The Trial of Harry Potter
LXXVIII - The New Prefects
LXXIX - The Trip to the Hogwarts Express
LXXX - The Warning of the Sorting Hat
LXXXI - The Welcoming Speech
LXXXII - The Quibbler Plan
LXXXIII - The Divination Lesson
LXXXIV - The Class of Professor Umbridge
LXXXV - The Work of the Owlery
LXXXVI - The Detention
LXXXVII - The Midnight Adventure
LXXXVIII - The Flirting Failure
LXXXIX - The Loyalty of Percy Weasley
XC - The High Inquisitor
XCI - The Plan
XCII - The Care of Magical Creatures Professor
XCIII - The New Generation
XCIV - The Hog's Head
XCV - The Defense Club
XCVI - The Newest Educational Decree
XCVII - The Next Vision
XCVIII - The Floo Call
XCIX - The First D.A. Meeting
C - The Quidditch Match
CI - The Ban
CII - The Thestrals
CIII - The Mistletoe
CIV - The Snake
<3

LVIII - The First Task

1.8K 100 38
By Luna_Lovegood7856

ASTRA WOKE UP EARLY, as usual, making her way to the library where she was going to meet Luna to try and do some more research. She asked basically everyone she knew from the dead, and got a few good answers out of them, but most of the options to defeat a dragon were far above fourth year level.

Hermione and Harry joined them, where Astra explained that she thought that the spell Sirius was talking about was probably a Conjunctivitus curse, but it would be extremely hard to learn, not to mention that the dragon could possibly go into a state of panic and attack even more aggressively.

So, they returned to their studies, though it was a lot harder to read with Hermione muttering her findings every few seconds.

"Well, there are Switching Spells...but what's the point of Switching it? Unless you swapped its fangs for wine-gums or something that would make it less dangerous....The trouble is, like that book said, not much is going to get through a dragon's hide....I'd say Transfigure it, but something that big, you really haven't got a hope, I doubt even Professor McGonagall...unless you're supposed to put the spell on yourself? Maybe to give yourself extra powers? But they're not simple spells, I mean, we haven't done any of those in class, I only know about them because I've been doing O.W.L. practice papers...."

"Hermione, you're my friend, but you need to shut it. We're trying to focus."

Later, Astra was a bit worried that she had come off too hard, but wasn't too bothered by it, because it was the truth.

However, things only got more distracted as Viktor Krum and his followers sat down nearby them, making the group of four leave to the Gryffindor common room where they could work in peace.

***

Astra watched quietly as Harry broke Cedric's bag, using the opportunity to warn him about the dragons. She was about to turn around when she looked back suspiciously, this time watching Moody take him to his office.

Trying to find a spirit somewhere around her that she knew, she decided to call Marlene, who was always up for this sort of thing, and was honestly rarely busy. Meanwhile, she also didn't want to bother Lily, James, or Regulus.

So, leaving Marlene to spy on Harry and Moody, she moved towards Herbology, hoping Hermione wouldn't lecture her on tardiness.

Thankfully, she didn't and instead simply tutted disapprovingly before paying attention to the lesson.

Marlene came a few minutes later, giving a small explanation that went over it, and also volunteering to spy on Moody in any other case, saying that she was a huge fan and would forever boast that the strict auror had actually shed a tear at her funeral.

Harry arrived only minutes after that, acting just liked Marlene expected, asking Hermione and Astra to help him learn the summoning charm.

Of course, Astra agreed. What were friends for?

***

They practiced late into the night, Harry finally being able to cast the summoning charm on a dictionary and making it zoom straight toward him. In fact, he was so excited that he had jumped to Astra to a hug, blushing profusely and stammering afterward. However, Astra was so glad that her newest friend wasn't going to become dragon dinner that she didn't notice, though Hermione watched with a small smirk.

The next morning, Astra was full of stress, but better at hiding it than Hermione, who glanced nervously at Harry every few seconds. They ate at the Gryffindor table with Luna until McGonagall came to picked Harry up, as all three girls wished him luck and Luna put on her new hat that she created to support him.

They got up soon after to the edge of the forest where they could see the dragons, barely being contained by the dragonologists. The stands were filled to the brim with the dead, that obviously only Astra could see, so she tried as hard as she could to clear them out, which was incredibly difficult due to the stress.

Luckily, she managed it, being able to keep updates with Lily, James, Regulus, and Marlene while waiting. 

Apparently, Harry had such good luck that he was given the Hungarian Horntail, also known as the most vicious dragon in the forest that day.

Only a few moments later, Ludo Bagman came out onto the podium to start the announcements.

"Hello, witches and wizards! For today's task, each of the Triwizard champions will need to collect the golden egg in the center, while avoiding getting teared to shreds by our dragons!" he boomed.

"Wow, way to announce," Astra muttered sarcastically. Luna chuckled slightly, though Hermione was clearly too nervous to even tell Astra off.

"And first up, we have Cedric Diggory of Hogwarts fighting the Swedish Short-Snout!"

Astra tuned out the commentating as Cedric stepped out into the arena, as the Swedish Short-Snout made itself comfortable by the eggs.

Cedric stood still for a moment before waving his wand towards a rock. He was too far away to hear what spell he used, but the next second the rock turned into a sort of dog, though the fur looked almost like cement, and the limbs cracked as if the stone had just split into pieces. However, it seemed to do the job as the dragon focused its attention on it, allowing Cedric to crawl around the dragon. He had just nearly made it as the dragon swooped back to the wizard, managing to burn him slightly. Luckily, Cedric had already grabbed the egg, dragonologists tying the dragon down and professors bringing Cedric to the hospital wing tent.

The noise was so incredible that Astra could barely hear Bagman announce Fleur, but she came out a moment later as the dragonologists brought out the Welsh Green.

Fleur didn't hesitate and took out her wand to try some sort of charm. Astra didn't actually know what was going on, but the dragon seemed to become sleepy, slowly resting his head. After a minute it snored, letting out a great jet of fire towards Fleur. Astra gasped as Fleur's skirt caught on fire, though the Beauxbatons girl quickly put it out with some water. She rushed to the center of the stadium, collecting the egg.

Once again, the stadium erupted in cheers, not as much as before, though, until a bright red dragon that was announced as a Chinese Fireball was brought in, and Krum came out from the tent.

Krum was quicker than the others, immediately hitting the dragon with a spell in the eye that Astra recognized as the conjunctivitis curse, making her glad that Harry didn't decide to use it. However, it seemed to work as the scarlett dragon tumbled around in pain, taking out a few of the real eggs with it before Krum was able to reach them.

Finally, the moment came and Astra was easily filled with fear as the Hungarian Horntail came out. Hermione was digging her nails into her face and Luna was partly covering her eyes with her hat. Before Harry came out, Ron actually came over, though Astra could immediately tell by the way that he was looking quite nervous with a guilty expression that he was no longer against Harry's position in the tournament.

No words were spoken as Harry stepped out, looking not nearly as prepared or confident as the others.

He raised his wand, shouting something that no one could really hear. Astra could only hope that the broom would come in time.

It only took a moment until Astra could see the small figure of Harry's firebolt, making its way straight towards him.

Hermione was screaming and Ron was shouting; Harry was flying high up in the air, looking as if he was in a Quidditch match only searching for the snitch.

He swooped down low, dodging the flame, but getting scratched by the tail.

Astra winced, but continued watching.

The Horntail wasn't moving, but Harry flew up higher, circling over as the dragon watched, until with a burst of speed, he flew down, grabbing an egg with him.

Now, Astra was no longer hiding her fear as she screamed just as loudly as Hermione, having to block out James and Lily's cheers who were probably louder

She watched as Hermione ran quickly to where the first-aid tent, Ron following behind her. She nodded to Luna and grabbed her hand as they went in the direction as well.

She walked into Harry looking at Ron coldly, and she really couldn't blame him.

"Caught on, have you?" he said. "Took you long enough."

Hermione stood nervously between them, looking from one to the other. Ron opened his mouth uncertainly. 

"It's okay," said Harry before Ron could apologize. "Forget it."

"No," said Ron, "I shouldn't've -"

"Forget it, "Harry said.

Ron grinned nervously at him, and Harry grinned back.

Hermione burst into tears.

"There's nothing to cry about!" Harry told her, bewildered.

"You two are so stupid!" she shouted, stamping her foot on the ground, tears splashing down her front. Then, before either of them could stop her, she had given both of them a hug and dashed away, now positively howling.

Astra started laughing, soon joined by Luna before giving Harry a 'congratulations' pat on the back and flashing him a grin, leaving him flushed red.

"Barking mad," she vaguely heard Ron saying behind her.

***

Walking out with Luna and Hermione, Astra quickly avoided an encounter with Rita Skeeter, but not before flipping her off and sending a quick jinx.

They headed to back to the stadium where they saw Harry's scores, an 8, 9, 10, and 4.

They were quite good, placing him in first along with Krum, though Astra was more excited about the fact that Harry was still alive.

Luna and Astra decided to leave the trio be for a while, finally reunited, as Harry said that he was going to write to Sirius.

She was able to sneak Luna into the Gryffindor common room, seeing as everyone was busy preparing for the 'surprise' party.

It was filled with mountains of cakes, flagons of pumpkin juice, and butterbeer on every surface. Lee was preparing some Filibuster's Fireworks and Dean was finishing up some banners.

They waited for a while until James popped in, announcing that they were coming. Astra waited until the portrait hole opened, the common room exploding with cheers and yells.

Harry made his way to the food while Astra went to the table where he had left the golden egg, taking a look at it.

"Wow, this is heavy," she said, nearly dropping it because of its weight. "Go on, open it!"

"He's supposed to work out the clue on his own," Hermione said swiftly. "It's in the tournament rules...."

"And he was supposed to work out the dragon as well," Astra muttered in reply, making her grin rather guiltily.

"Yeah, go on, Harry, open it!" several people echoed.

Astra handed over the egg, but the moment Harry opened it, the most horrible noise, a loud and screechy wailing, filled the room.

"Shut it!" Fred bellowed, his hands over his ears.

"What was that?" said Seamus Finnigan, staring at the egg as Harry slammed it shut again. "Sounded like a banshee...Maybe you've got to get past one of those next, Harry!"

"It was someone being tortured!" said Neville, who had gone very white and spilled sausage rolls all over the floor. "You're going to have to fight the Cruciatus Curse!"

Astra gave him a soft glance, trying not to look too pitying.

"Don't be a prat, Neville, that's illegal," said George. "They wouldn't use the Cruciatus Curse on the champions. I thought it sounded a bit like Percy singing...maybe you've got to attack him while he's in the shower. Harry."

"Want a jam tart, Hermione?" said Fred.

Hermione looked doubtfully at the plate he was offering her. Fred grinned.

"It's all right," he said. "I haven't done anything to them. It's the custard creams you've got to watch -"

Neville, who had just bitten into a custard cream, choked and spat it out. Fred laughed.

"Just my little joke, Neville...." 

Hermione took a jam tart, while Astra gave a small look to Regulus, silently asking him whether the twins were being honest. He nodded, and she grabbed one as well.

Just then, Neville caused a slight diversion by turning into a large canary.

"Oh - sorry, Neville!" Fred shouted over all the laughter. "I forgot - it was the custard creams we hexed -"

Within a minute, however, Neville had molted, and once his feathers had fallen off, he reappeared looking entirely normal. He even joined in laughing.

"Canary Creams!" Fred shouted to the excitable crowd. "George and I invented them - seven Sickles each, a bargain!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

642K 21.9K 43
A transferee from Beauxbaton knocks in Hogwarts Castle doors. Nobody knows her or have heard from her, but her last name was interesting since her fa...
843 27 12
Alone. Completely alone. That was all Ayra had been her whole life. Or so she thought... Mother dead and father sent off to Azkaban for a crime he n...
1K 25 10
Everyone in the wizarding world knows the story of the Potter's. James Potter who died that faithful night in 1981, Stephanie Potter who lived at the...
393K 8K 28
Delaney Black. The daughter of non other than Sirius Black. This year she goes to Hogwarts and discovers things about her father, herself and her fam...