The escapee - Marvel

By Br3adst1ck

Fourteen-year-old Seven has spent her entire life imprisoned in the HYDRA and Red Room facility, experimented... More

Chapter 1 - Alone in New York
Chapter 2 - Peter Parker
Chapter 3 - Identity crisis
Chapter 4 - Who are the avengers?
chapter 5 - Crashing the meeting
Chapter 7 - Trapped in the cell
Chapter 8 - Trust
Chapter 9 - Flashback
Chapter 10 - "Magic"
Chapter 11 - The black widow recreation project
Chapter 12 - Important meetings
Chapter 13 - Becoming a mother
Chapter 14 - Hot & cold
Chapter 15 - Relief
Chapter 16 - The facility
Chapter 17 - "Natalia"
Chapter 18 - "Basically Peter's mom"
Chapter 19 - The necklace
Chapter 20 - Late night talks
Chapter 21 - Trip to SHIELD
Chapter 22 - "It's you"
Chapter 23 - Another mission
Chapter 24 - Shadow
Chapter 25 - Death wish
Chapter 26 - "Romanoff or Rogers?"
Chapter 27 - Parties and planning
Chapter 28 - "Screw this"
Chapter 29 - Ballet routines
Chapter 30 - Fake plants
Chapter 31 - Exposed
Chapter 32 - An eventful patrol
Chapter 33 - Unusual activity
Chapter 34 - "Midtown school of science and technology"
Chapter 35 - Red Room facility
Chapter 36 - The aftermath
Chapter 37 - The lesbians and their dog
Chapter 38 - A gut-wrenching ache
Chapter 39 - "He's dying"
Chapter 40 - A new side to Romanoff
Chapter 41 - "She was a pretty everything"
Chapter 42 - awakening
Chapter 43 - unlikely relationship advice
Chapter 44 - bright neon orange
Chapter 45 - The fake name
Chapter 46 - Thomas, Parker, and Thompson.
Chapter 47 - "Ned wants to know your star sign"
Chapter 48 - The truth, the fight, and the recompense.
Chapter 49 - Cookies
Chapter 50 - Rooftops
Chapter 51 - The changes fall brings
Chapter 52 - More than a crush
Chapter 53 - A really shitty day
Chapter 54 - Drenched
Chapter 55 - Fifth period geometry
Chapter 56 - "Welcome home"
Chapter 57- Pessimism Vs Realism
Chapter 58 - Ivan's idea of a practical joke
Chapter 59 - The red room
Chapter 60 - The motherland
Chapter 61 - Grey hairs and great peripheral vision
Chapter 62 - Grief that swallows you whole
Chapter 63 - Funerals
Chapter 64 - The older widows
Chapter 65 - Time
Chapter 66 - Happiness? Disappointment? Longing?
Chapter 67 - "Who is she, anyway?"
Chapter 68 - Tea
Chapter 69 - December
Chapter 70 - Opal Abbott, Fanny Longbottom, and Toby Grey,
Chapter 71 - Casino
Chapter 72 - Notebooks & love confessions.
Chapter 73 - Unfinished business.
Chapter 74 - A death in the family
Chapter 75 - "Blondes have the most fun"
Chapter 76 - "It's complicated doll, I am sorry."
Chapter 77 - Broken wi(n)dows
Chapter 78 - for the window.
Chapter 79 - "I don't know, something went wrong."
Chapter 80 - Yelena
Chapter 81 - "Puppy Patrol"

Chapter 6 - Mind Games and Nicknames

41.5K 1.2K 482
By Br3adst1ck

A.N: The parts in italics are her thoughts, by the way, I didn't know how else to write her feelings considering that it's in the third person. So when it switched to italics is switched to first-person so you can hear her thoughts. 

-----------------------

"Who the hell are you?" A man with short brown hair and a weird blue glowing thing in the middle of his chest asked accusingly.

Seven had no idea what to do, six people were now all staring at her, one even grabbed a gun from her belt

was she going to shoot me?

As well as the man with the blue chest there was the woman with the gun, a man with curly hair and glasses, a weirdly tall dude who was holding a massive hammer, a guy with a metal arm? 

That's so cool. Wait is that- 

"M.r Rogers?" 

Everyone's eyes now shifted to Steve, who was clearly confused as to how this child knew his name. "Yeah?" He said, unsure.

"We met the other day on the street" He still seemed confused so Seven continued, "I'm the one who you thought had a concussion" Steve finally realized who she was but before he could say anything, Peter burst into the room frantically.

"Oh, here you are," Peter said turning to face Seven "I was looking all over for you"

"Sorry Peter, I didn't know which way the kitchen was so I just guessed," She said, still staring at the group of people seated around the large brown table that was in the centre of the room. "Clearly I was wrong" She joked, but no one laughed. 

Sensing the uncomfortable atmosphere in the room Peter grabbed Seven's hand, causing her to flinch and pull away before realising it was him and letting him take it. Peter quickly led Seven out of the room after muttering apologies and shutting the door and she finally turned to face him.

She wasn't expecting to see him out of the mask and took in his appearance. He was taller than her, which she already knew but he had poofy brown hair and brown eyes which were filled with concern, checking she was okay. "Sorry about that Ven, the avengers can be a little intimidating sometimes. They come off hostile but they don't mean to".

"Wait, those were the avengers?" She felt embarrassed, the first time meeting the avengers and she had already messed up. "And Ven?" She asked sceptically.

"It's a nickname, don't you like it?" His face fell 

"NO, no I like it" She reassured him "I've never had a nickname before, that's all" Truthfully she did like it, it was a normal thing that normal people have.

you aren't normal Seven, remember that. 

voices of doubt swarmed in her head but she shook them off, wanting to enjoy this moment. She could deal with her demons later. 

They made their way to the actual kitchen together and sat down at the counter, tucking into the little lunch that Peter had prepared. 

--------------------------------

"That was weird" Tony stated after the two teens had left. There was an awkward atmosphere consuming the room and everyone turned to Steve for answers.

"I told you guys about her the other day, remember the girl from when Sam and I were running"

"The girl that didn't know where she was?"

"Yeah". 

The avengers by nature weren't very trusting people, especially not of strangers that have no clue where they are. The room was silent, they all seemed to be in thought.

"Hold on" Bucky interrupted the silence, "Was she wearing Pete's clothes?"

"Yeah I think so, I bought him that hoodie for Christmas," Tony said, "It's one of the only things without science puns on it" He laughed. 

"Is she a friend of his?" Thor asked, looking at Tony.

"Nope, the only friend he has is Ned, and sometimes MJ"

"Sometimes?" Bruce asked

"It's complicated." Tony sighed "But I know for a fact that that wasn't MJ" 

"So who was it?" Bucky stood up from his seat, pacing.

"I'm not sure, but we can find out" Tony continued "FRIDAY, tell Wanda to come up to the conference room on the main level". 

------------------

When Wanda made her way into the conference room she was immediately clued in on what had happened and their plan. They wanted her to get inside the girl's head and find out who she was, see if she was hiding anything. They wouldn't look too far but just enough for Wanda to know if she was a threat or not. 

It may seem a bit much but considering that it seemed like everyone was out to kill them and HYDRA was still on the loose, they couldn't take any chances and sending a teenager in to befriend Peter was something they wouldn't rule out. 

Soon the plan was in motion and all seven of them left the conference room, Bruce and Thor left to go to the labs and Steve wasn't really one to be involved with mind control so he left to train but promised to come up if they needed him. 

The four remaining made their way to the kitchen where the teenagers were and spaced themselves out around the room. Bucky and Natasha were at the doorway in case she tried to run, Tony was going to distract Peter and then Wanda could look inside her head. 

Seven was enjoying her lunch with Peter, he had made them grilled cheese and salad and she was very happy having a conversation with him too. 

Peter was talking about his spiderman suit when she noticed four of the avengers come in, putting her slightly on edge. She had desperately wanted to make a good impression and she had messed up. They probably thought she was insane or something. 

She watched the man with the metal arm and the woman with similar hair to her own stand by the doorway while the other woman who looked much younger than the rest, stood closer on the other side of the island, just opposite her. The man with the light had started talking to Peter who had turned away from her to answer him, she didn't mind but she was definitely intimidated. Seven didn't have a good track record with adults. 

Suddenly she felt a weird sensation in her brain, almost fuzzy and she immediately started to pay attention to her surroundings and began listening to the conversation behind her that the man and woman were having. 

"ты думаешь она подозрительна?" (do you think she's suspicious?) 

Was that Russian? Who are they talking about?

"Я ей не доверяю" (I don't trust her)

"Может, она просто пришла и дружит с Питерсом? Это ненормально." (she just shows up and is a friend of Peter's? That isn't normal.)

"Когда Ванда выйдет из головы, мы узнаем" (When Wanda gets out of her head we'll know)

She was trying to get in my head?

Seven could feel the woman clawing at her mind, trying to get inside so she immediately stopped listening to the conversation going on behind her and instead focused on keeping the woman who she learned to be Wanda, out. She put all her energy into keeping up her barrier and could feel the last desperate wisps of magic in her head before she stopped trying. 

Wanda was frustrated, why couldn't she get in? What was stopping her? The girl in front of her sat completely unphased, eating her grilled cheese so why couldn't she get in. Was she actively trying to keep her out? Impossible, people can't feel when she reads minds, or no one had ever been able to before. 

Wanda looked behind the girl at Natasha and she shook her head, making them just as confused as she was. The rest of the team had been alerted earlier that the teenager could be a threat and now pretty much the whole team was in the kitchen, waiting for something to happen

Seven had been able to hear when the rest of the avengers had entered the room, and now there were 10 others sitting in either the living room which was joined to the kitchen, the whole floor was pretty much open plan, or the kitchen. But the weird thing was that except for Peter and who she guessed to be Tony's conversation, it was completely silent which only meant one thing. They were waiting for something to happen. 

Were they waiting for Wanda to get inside her head? Or were they planning on attacking her? Seven was incredibly uncomfortable and didn't enjoy the silence so she did the one thing that no one expected her to do. She spoke. 

"Why are you trying to get in my head?" She asked, looking directly at Wanda who looked around at the avengers for help.

Tony and Peter had stopped talking and now the room was silent, waiting for someone to speak. 

Natasha walked forward and Seven turned to face her, "How did you know?" She asked doubtingly

"Well for one, you weren't exactly trying to hide it" Seven laughed, making everyone in the room tense up.

"People aren't supposed to be able to know when I'm in their head" Wanda spoke up and Seven could detect an accent but she couldn't place it anywhere. 

"Seriously kid, how did you know?" Tony walked forward so he was closer to Seven. 

Is he trying to intimidate me?  He isn't doing a good job.

"I guess you're just losing your touch, Wanda" Seven watched their faces fall, they hadn't told her their names. 

"Alright if you aren't going to talk" Tony shrugged, reaching into his pocket "We'll have to do this the hard way". Seven wasn't about to lose control and use her powers, not yet anyway so she let him pull out a syringe and didn't flinch as it was plunged into her neck, the last thing she heard was Peter catching her before she hit the floor. 

------------------------

"WHAT THE HELL GUYS?" Peter yelled at the team, they had gone into an emergency meeting and they were all there, except for Thor who had to go off-world to deal with another Loki catastrophe. 

"You don't understand Peter, she knew I was in there and she knew how to block me out. No one has ever done that before" Wanda sighed, she had never had anyone repel her powers before. 

Peter sighed and sat down in his chair, he didn't see why they had sedated her, she wasn't being threatening. The only thing that he didn't understand was how she had known Wanda's name. He had only said it once and hadn't described her at all. 

Peter was brought out of his thoughts when he heard someone asking him a question, "Peter did you tell her about Wanda's powers? Or who Wanda was?" Peter shook his head, looking at the ground.

"So we were correct, she is a threat of some sort" Bucky stated "What do we do now?"

Natasha who had been otherwise silent spoke, "She's in the cell now, it held Loki so I'm pretty sure it can hold a teenager. Plus bruce you can test her DNA and find out who she is"

"Peter, what's her name?" Peter shook his head, he wasn't going to be involved with the torturing of his friend, even if he had only known her for two days. (snitches end up in ditches ifykyk)

"Shall we take shifts? Watching her" The team agreed that one person was to watch her at all times and they would get her to speak, tell them who she was. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

450 19 36
Lizzilyn Aayel has had a bittersweet life. Her life is about to change forever. Lizzi is different, but different doesn't always mean good. Not even...
73.6K 1.4K 55
Peter Parker has a younger sister who has been missing for years She is now thirteen and desperately wants to escape, she is thinking of a plan but...
2.8K 21 18
*edited* Raised in the Red Room. Trained to kill. 15 years before, Tony Stark and Natasha Romanoff met for the first time. A teen romance for the age...
35.7K 729 32
Y/N Starks life isn't like your average teenager. Most kids her age are going to high school, going to partys, applying for collage... but Y/N? Y/N...